Michael Dadula Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Claire
    Claire C. Married on 06/25/2022

could not be happier

Michael was a joy to work with! My husband and I booked Michael for our wedding and we could not be happier with our choice. Michael did such an amazing job encapsulating the feeling of the day and we absolutely love our photos. We could really feel the joy radiating from the faces of our loved ones. We especially loved all of the candid shots and retro-style film photos! We had a great experience with Michael from the booking process through the wedding day. He is great at making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera and he had us laughing all day. If you're looking for a chill and extremely talented photographer, Michael is your guy!
    Melissa G. Married on 06/18/2022

Best decision!!!

Michael is honestly one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He immediately from the start was kind, patient, very talented & professional!! He made us feel so beautiful and comfortable and happy!!
    Our pictures are incredible!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Laura
    Laura K. Married on 05/28/2022

Dream come true!

Michael was a dream to work with! Easy going, friendly, responsive. His photos are incredible and clearly knew what our vision was. We are extremely happy with the photos from Michael. They were bright, colorful, carefree, and captured the natural beauty of the venue and real moments between guests. He avoided staged photos, which we really appreciated.

In terms of communication and schedule: Michael had an intake meeting to understand our needs before offering a quote. It was important to him that his style could work for his customers. He checked in with us regularly leading up to the event. He made sure he knew the schedule for the day. The following morning, he delivered 18 amazing photos, with hundreds of additional photos showing up right on time.

We couldn't recommend Michael higher! Thank you Michael!
    Kelsey N. Married on 04/23/2022

Couldn't recommend more!

We hired Michael for our mini-COVID ceremony and he was wonderful and so easy to work with! We loved his work online and from the first email and meeting he was extremely responsive. One of the things my husband and I were looking for was someone who would get along with our families and not add stress to the day. When we had our Zoom call with him, we both immediately liked him and felt like we'd be comfortable with him on the big day. We had a list of family photos we wanted to make sure we got and he was super open to that. On the day of the wedding, he was exceptionally kind and really flexible. Our families loved him! He was so warm, kind, and open to whatever photos we wanted. He also didn't mind when inevitably our families wanted to take some iPhone shots. The sneak peek preview 48 hrs after the wedding, was such a treat to get some photos early and his work was beautiful. Thank you so much for making our day so special!
    Amberly H. Married on 03/27/2022

Cannot Recommend Enough

I was introduced to Michael's work through a friend. He was telling me about the great photographer they'd hired and started flicking through some of the sample photos he'd been emailed. Just a few pictures in, and I had fallen in love with the unique style and overall product. I reached out to Michael the next day. We met him over zoom and knew he was the one for our wedding. He was personable, kind, and genuinely interested in getting to know our little love story. On the day of, he was a welcome and warm presence who made us feel so easy and natural. Being a couple of camera shy folks, we were so grateful to have someone who put us at ease enough to elicit real smiles and genuine laughs. When we got our pictures, I was brought to tears. Michael had captured every important detail and moment in the most breathtaking way. I am so proud to hang our photos up, and show them to everyone who asks(or doesn't ask lol), because they feel like art and most importantly, they feel like us. We are so grateful for Michael and highly recommend him to anyone.
  • Cristina
    Cristina R. Married on 03/26/2022

Redwood Wedding Expert

Michael is an incredible photographer. He is an expert when it comes to photographing in the redwoods and knows how to capture amazing light. Our photos were the most beautiful wedding photos I've seen, and I know I'm biased, but he captured so much more than I could have expected. I'm sure you'll feel the same way about your photos when you choose him. He's kind and patient, all while being efficient. He's genuine, professional, communicative, and prompt. It was a pleasure working with him and I highly recommend him.
  • Hadleigh
    Hadleigh G. Married on 02/19/2022

Excellent Wedding Photographer!

I can't say enough good things about Michael! His photography style was exactly what we were looking for and from the very beginning, he was extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. He was prompt in responding to emails and he answered all of our questions in email and during our planned Skype session. He was very good at communicating with both me and our wedding planner, which was important as this was technically a destination wedding for us. We met him in person for the first time at our wedding and he felt just like family, making us very comfortable throughout the entire day. He gave a lot of positive reinforcement when taking pictures, which made us feel more at ease and natural. He also was open to any and all suggestions, which allowed us to have fun and be creative with him! Within a couple of days after the wedding, he sent us sneak peek photos and less than a month later, we received our entire wedding album! If you're looking for a fun, talented, and affordable wedding photographer, then Michael is your guy!!
    Lauren T. Married on 11/06/2021

Michael is amazing!

Michael was an amazing photographer for our engagement shoot. He truly went above and beyond to make the experience everything we could have hoped for from start to finish. He was really responsive, laid-back, kind, reasonably priced and just generally amazing to work with. My fiance and I had never done a professional photoshoot, so we were both a bit nervous and worried we would be awkward, but Michael made us feel very comfortable and at ease. We had so much fun and Michael was able to capture some unbelievable photos we'll cherish for a lifetime. The photos came out better than we could have imagined. I'd highly recommend Michael to anyone looking for professional photos!
    Hailey N. Married on 10/22/2021

Very impressed repeat customers

Aside from being insanely talented, Michael is one of the most genuine and personable people. His response time and friendliness is more than we could have ever asked for in a photographer. We have now used his services three times: engagement, wedding, and maternity and don’t plan on stopping there. Basically just looking for excuses and occasions to hire him!
    Rowena Married on 10/16/2021

Michael's great!

Michael was great! We hired him before the pandemic put all weddings to a halt, and he was always communicative and flexible as we changed plans multiple times and then finally postponed everything by a year.

Day of, Michael helped make everything go smoothly. He was always there but also not there. That is, he was there to capture everything but was never the photographer who was at the center of everything directing. Candidness is the name of the game. Michael also worked great with all of our other vendors.

If you like candid photos and a fast turnaround as promised, hire Michael!
  • I
    Iris Married on 08/21/2021

Wonderful photographer

Michael was a joy to work with - he communicated with us every step of the way and was very supportive throughout the whole process. We are normally pretty camera-shy, but Michael helped us loosen up and made the whole portrait session casual and fun. He captured really beautiful moments throughout the event, and all our family and friends are raving about his photos. We are so thankful we found Michael and had the opportunity to work with him!
    Daisy V. Married on 06/19/2021

Highly recommend

Michael exceeded our expectations. We found him by googling photographers in the bay area and were very impressed by his skills (check out his website!) Michael was very helpful throughout the whole process, and had great communication, such as answering promptly and accommodating zoom calls with us. Most importantly he makes you feel comfortable and not like some awkward photoshoot. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our special day! We will forever treasure the photographs he captured.
    Michele Married on 06/18/2021

2021 Wedding

My son and his bride used Michael for their wedding and they loved him. He was professional, worked well with everyone and the pictures are amazing. Thank you
  • ASHLEY
    Ashley G. Married on 06/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Michael will capture your vision!

Michael is beyond amazing! We absolutely loved our photos and he blended in so well with our guest and family. He is so sweet and makes you feel like a rock star. He recently shot our small wedding in September and I HIGHLY recommend using him.
    Kate H. Married on 05/19/2021

Perfect Wedding Photographer

Michael did an amazing job on our elopement photos. His friendly and light personality created a calm and comfortable atmosphere. He remained professional throughout the entire process and made sure everyone was involved. Even with our mostly camera shy family, he was able to capture how we all interact with one another. He even got some great photos of our 2-year old! (Which isn’t an easy thing to do). I would recommend Michael to anyone I know looking for a photographer.
  • Reina
    Reina S. Married on 05/16/2021

Incredible Photographer!

Honestly, I can't sing Michael's praises enough. My husband and I are not big on photos and having pictures taken of us, but Michael set us completely at ease during our Zoom meet/greet. He was professional yet easy-going, laid-back and personable. We expressed our hesitations and unease with posed 'traditional' type photos and wanted something that felt organic and relaxed like we are. He totally accommodated that and focused on a lot of candid photos, which are truly the best because it captures the moment and emotion in the most real, honest way possible. He was so kind and patient with us, leading up to and on the big day. All his communications were well-written and thorough; no details overlooked. By the end of the event, he felt like family! Definitely recommend him to anyone needing a photographer in advance or on the fly - he's awesome!
    Jodi S. Married on 04/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t love my photos more!

My now fiancé worked with Michael to set up proposal photos. Michael worked with him to suggest and location and was able to capture the most special photos of the proposal without me even noticing! He and his wife were wonderful to work with and had such a bright calming presence. Honestly the entire thing was perfect. Thank you Michael! I’d recommend you to everyone!
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 02/20/2021

Outstanding photographer and person

Michael's photography stands on its own – it’s beautiful and he clearly has talent and skill. What we most appreciated about having Michael as our elopement photographer was the immediate warmth of his personality on our first call, his true passion and love for the art itself, and his lightheartedness and kindness on our special day. He genuinely wanted to get to know us as a couple, brought ideas on location (and was willing to try a couple of our ideas), and helped us stay true to our personalities. Michael is truly a lovely person and we couldn't imagine having anyone else join us for our special day.
    Marisol Married on 11/14/2020

Couple-Nature photos

The best photography experience I have had! His photography style is wonderfully refreshing! My boyfriend and I loved the quality of our photos and professionalism he brought to the photoshoot!
    Dhyana P. Married on 11/11/2020

Incredible Photographer with artistic Vision

We hired Michael for our elopement in Big Sur. After searching online for wedding photographers for our special day, Michael definitely stood out! His photos were so beautiful and artistic. He definitely had the style we wanted for our wedding photos. Since we were driving from out of town, he was so gracious to set up a Zoom call with us ahead of time to get to know us a bit and understand what we were looking for. In fact, it was on this Zoom call that Michael suggested the very spot we ended up choosing for our elopement. I cannot praise him enough. He was so kind, so professional, and such an incredibly talented photographer. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer. He's amazing!
  • Ashley
    Ashley A. Married on 11/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Photographer of Our dreams !

When searching for a photographer for our elopement, I was at a lost. My husband and I researched for weeks before we finally found Michael's page. We instantly fell in love with his style of photography. The first meeting we were able to ask him questions and pick a date to book. There was no pressure from him however, he respected that it was a big decision to choose someone to be apart of such an intimate moment. And to be honest, I couldn't have imagined a better person to capture our wedding day. He is not only professional, but he makes you feel like you're talking with a friend. This also translate when you are working with him in person. Michael made us feel so comfortable and confident in front of the camera. If i had to describe him in three words it would be kind, professional and talented. When we received our teasers it was no surprise that our gallery surpassed our expectations. Michael was instrumental in our wedding day happening without a single hiccup. You will not regret booking with him !
  • Carly
    Carly G. Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful experience!

We hired Michael to shoot our wedding in Big Sur this year, and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for photography services. I was nervous about the photos looking too stiff and not capturing our personalities, but Michael put us at ease before we even met him. During both the engagement shoot and the wedding, he gave us great direction and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Michael is very communicative and collaborative, and he helped us to hammer out a schedule and a plan for photos during the wedding day. Most importantly, the photos are AWESOME - he got a ton of great shots, including some of the details about the day that I was excited about (flowers!). We can't wait to work with him more in the future!
    Tiffany Married on 09/18/2020

Elopement in Big Sur

Michael is amazing! He photographed our elopement and from the very beginning he was super professional and communicated with us about all the details. He instantly made us feel comfortable and relaxed. We wanted some classic photos, but we were also ready to get our feet in the water and toes in the sand for some fun photos and Michael captured some amazing moments! We absolutely love our photos and we couldn't be happier with the results! Michael captured our elopement in this crazy year so beautifully, we definitely recommend using him!
  • Sarai
    Sarai M. Married on 08/22/2020

Surprise Engagement

I don’t even know where to start with how amazing Michael is at what he does. He and my fiancé coordinated a surprise proposal where he would be taking pictures. He got the most amazing photos ever! There were some hidden shots (had no clue he was following us! lol), a few shots as he was proposing (he captured all the excitement) and some shots of us together afterward. They were so beautiful, and his editing skills are amazing! Without a second thought we will be hiring him for our wedding. Thank you Michael for capturing such a special and happy moment in our lives!
illustration stars