Michael and Jennifer McLain & The Banjocats Reviews

16 | Nashville, TN

16 Reviews for Michael and Jennifer McLain & The Banjocats

• Mrs J

Mrs J · Married on 05/12/2018

If you are looking for beautiful bluegrass music for an event, look no further! Michael and Jennifer and their band were one of the highlights of our wedding this past May. We hired them to be the medications for the whole wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). Everyone was enraptured by their lovely music, and we heard nothing but compliments about them all day. They provided the perfect ambiance for our rustic vintage wedding.

Also, these are some of the kindest, most accommodating people to work with! They added so much memorable value to our day when the bassist allowed my 88 year-old grandmother to pluck the strings of his bass--a lifelong dream of hers! She still raves about the experience to this day! Also, Jennifer was kind enough to let our little nephew stand up with her for a song or two as he wanted to sing. They truly are wonderful people and musicians!

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/30/2015

The ceremony music was lovely, and made me cry. Michael and Jennifer added so much to our cocktail hour. We received many compliments on how beautifully they play. The Banjocats are all very talented and were the perfect choice for both the ceremony and cocktail hour. Their music was a wonderful addition. Having them there made our evening even more special and memorable. I wanted to thank them in this way for the beautiful performance they did for our family and friends at Casey and Alan's wedding in Louisville, KY at Yew Dell Gardens.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Terri · event on: 02/28/2015

Michael and Jennifer did an amazing job at my house party. They were able to accommodate my venue and budget; and suggested a paired down version of their full band, to just the two of them and it worked out beautifully. I wanted a more intimate, casual music environment and they delivered exactly the mood I was hoping for; warm, engaging, fun. They took great care to make sure the acoustics were right in my home, and let me participate in the song selection and even learned a special song I wanted for the event. And they are both lovely to work with; pleasant and helpful. I would hire them again in a hearbeat!

Sent on 03/02/2015

We were very happy with The Banjocats. The music was great, and they would fit right in on Austin City Limits. The band members were very friendly and professional. At first we weren't sure about having bluegrass / folk music at the reception when asked by the wedding couple, but everyone loved it! The Banjocats traveled all the way from Nashville, TN to the little town of Washington, MO to play for us, and we are so happy they did. I look forward to hearing them play again! Loved them!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Mark · event on: 12/21/2014

Perfect band for the occasion. Easy to work with. Very conscientious about cooperating with the event sponsor and pleasing the audience. Really good people!

Kayla · event on: 10/28/2014

Absolutely wonderful. The kindest most down to earth group of people I've ever met. They have astonishing talent and really bring the life to the party. Everyone at our corporate event loved them! I hope to get to see them again soon and I would recommend them to absolutely everyone! They are just a treat to have.

Carla · event on: 10/21/2014

"Wow! This band totally exceeded our expectations. Customer service was exceptional! Music could entertain ANY crowd. What a luck find! You will not go wrong with the Banjocats! -Carla P, Birmingham, AL"

Sent on 12/18/2014

The Banjocats were the icing on the cake for our farm wedding and I highly recommend them for any event. They are incredibly flexible and accommodated all of our last minute requests as well as offered some professional tips to ensure we got the most out of their skills. As for their playing, I suppose I'm biased because I love bluegrass music, but they were absolutely fantastic. It was impossible to not have a good time with their music providing the perfect backdrop and accompaniment.

Marsha · Married on 09/19/2014

I was so pleased with The Banjocats. I have heard from many of those who attended about how much they enjoyed the group. Our WEDDING REHEARSAL was the BEST! I wish I could have have another party and have The Banjocats again. ?

Sent on 12/24/2014

Becky · Married on 08/23/2014

"The Banjocats were amazing!!!!! They suffered through 100 degree temperature to set up for my daughters wedding smiling the entire time. Their performance during the ceremony was perfect and handled the stress of an upcoming storm flawlessly. The music for the reception was wonderful. All the guests commented on how great they were and how much they enjoyed listing to them play and sing. Michael and Jennifer were awesome to work with, handling all our requests and responded immediately to every question we had. They are the best!!!!!! - Becky B, Nashville, TN"

Sent on 12/16/2014

Joseph · event on: 05/09/2014

"Excellent! Exceeded our expectations, we will book them again and enthusiastically recommend to others. -Joseph W, Glen Saint Mary, FL"

Sent on 02/03/2015

Michael · event on: 04/19/2014

Michael McLain and the Banjocats were outstanding in every way! They entertained our pre-Easter family reunion party abord the 95' Motor Yacht, CQ Princess, in Louisville and were the absolute dressing on the cake. Great voices... great musical talent! These guys really epitomize Blue Grass, and with our family of cousins, aunts and others from Kentucky, really showed em how it's done. And for those of us from Scottsdale, showed us what real blue grass is about. Highly recommend em! We'll be calling them again when we next come to town to visit! -Michael S, Louisville, KY

Sent on 12/18/2014

Deborah · Married on 11/08/2013

The Banjocats were the highlight of our wedding rehearsal dinner. Guests loved their music, and they were wonderful to work with. I would not hesitate to hire them again if I had an event in the Tennessee area!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Bill · Married on 09/21/2013

We partnered with the BanjoCats for a wedding rehersal dinner event...and honestly it was great for both of us! The venue was a quiet celebration with friends, and opportunity to enjoy each others company, relax and listen to their fabulous entertainment. Our experience was nothing but positive...from the first contact, the discussion about what we were trying to achieve and then the night to enjoy. If you are looking for a partner to make your event meaningful and a wonderful memory please give Mike a call.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Deborah · event on: 05/04/2013

The Banjo Cats are an AWESOME Bluegrass band and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is considering a Bluegrass band. They were so easy to work with and extremely accomodating on last minute changes we had to make.

Dawn · Married on 09/29/2012

"The Banjocats are top-notch in professionalism, musicianship, and in just being all-around nice, wonderful people to have at our wedding reception. The highlight of the night came when my daughter was supposed to sing for the first dance of the new couple (her brother being the groom), and I was supposed to accompany her on a keyboard. I brought the wrong electrical plug, so we had no keyboard. In my panic, Jennifer says "Can we help you?" She made a chord chart of the song, and the whole group played from that. They rehearsed with my daughter for about 10 minutes during a break, and the performance was so beautiful and special! Banjocats are THE BEST!

Sent on 12/19/2014