29 Reviews for Miana Jun Photo

Proofs (2)
Second Shooter (1)
Prints (1)
28 Miana Jun Photo Reviews

We’re so thankful we chose Miana to photograph our wedding. Her passion and excitement for what she does truly shines through. We knew immediately Miana was going to be our photographer from the first time we met with her. Miana was professional, flexible, creative, patient, and excited to do her best work — everything and more we could have asked to make our wedding day perfect. Miana’s shots were beautiful and brilliant and creative; she’d always find an interesting idea for a few photos, and she made the best of our venue’s scenery (and also a park near our house where we took first look photos — we’ll never look at it the same again!). We could tell Miana felt joy in photographing our wedding, and she clearly shows passion for what she does.

The photos we received (faster than promised, by the way) were even more incredible than we could have imagined. Miana captured moments we’ll relive forever, and she made the entire experience absolutely wonderful and flawless. We’d highly recommend Miana.

Profile Picture Steve, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

I cannot say enough good things about Miana. We absolutely loved working with her through every stage and our wedding truly wouldn’t have been the same without her. Miana made an effort to really get to know us as a couple and to understand what our wedding day meant to us. Her work is thoughtful and so beautiful and went way beyond any of our expectations. We’re so excited to have photos that capture our day so perfectly and that allow us to relieve our favorite moments. Having Miana there with us throughout the planning process and during the day was helpful and calming – She’s AMAZING! I’m going to miss working with her!! Choosing Miana as our photographer was easily one of the best decisions we made when it came to wedding planning and we would recommend her to any couple. You’re in GREAT hands with Miana!

Profile Picture Joanie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

I am a big believer in reading reviews, so I really want to be honest in mine. Having said that, I can't say enough great things about Miana! She has truly captured all the love in our wedding and brought it to life. Working with Miana from start to finish has been such a pleasure. At first meeting you can feel her passion for what she is doing and the excitement for being able to make your day even more special by getting to know about you and your fiance. She truly listens to what your vision is for your wedding, is consistently professional, kind, creative, hard-working, and was never "in the way" throughout the day. Her gentle spirit puts you at ease and yet is very strong in her ability to get the perfect shot and stay on time. She is flexible to work with, accommodating, and willing to help you get the end result you are looking for. Everyone in my wedding party agreed that she and her assistant were so easy to work with. You can tell she is a true professional and I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Coming from a Bride that hides when the camera comes out, Miana made me feel so comfortable, flawless, and absolutely stunning on my wedding day. She captured our wedding with such elegance and natural beauty. And Marco ,her second shooter, was just as brilliant. We highly recommend Miana Jun Photo!!!!

Profile Picture Sophia, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am extremely delighted and grateful that Miana was able to photograph our wedding this past summer. We planned for an outdoor event with only a handful of close family members and friends in attendance. Initially, I was nervous that having a photographer there at all might feel intrusive as both my husband and I are private people and more than a little camera shy. Working with Miana, however, was a joy. From our first conversation, she intuitively understood that we wanted our wedding day to feel intimate and natural rather than an elaborate production. She helped us think about the types of coverage that would best fit the ceremony (as well as our budget) and offered guidance as we debated what kinds of images would be most meaningful to us as a couple. My husband and I valued photographs that captured small, authentic moments of interaction between people in a more documentary style, but we also wanted to have a few formal portraits to share with our families. Miana’s portfolio was inspiring in both regards, and we quickly entrusted her with complete artistic freedom to interpret the day through her camera. We were rewarded with a collection of photographs that beautifully caught the nuances of lighting and mood along with the spontaneity of the moment. I cannot recommend Miana highly enough! Her artistic vision, warm personality, professionalism and photographic skill allowed us to relax and enjoy our intimate wedding day.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana has a wonderful eye behind the lens! Just loved working with her and was even more thrilled when my husband and I received our pictures. Wish I would have booked a longer session with her.

Photos
Profile Picture michelle, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The experience we had with Miana was more than we could have ever asked for. We knew from the beginning that the process of choosing a photographer would be one of our most important decisions. We wanted someone who would capture the love from beginning to end so we could relive our wedding day through the photographs for years to come. Miana exceeded our expectations. She made the engagement shoot so easy and elegant that we instantly felt like professionals. This made the wedding day that much easier. Miana captured and embraced our love through her skillful and artistic passion of photography. She had scouted out the location and knew exactly where the best backdrops were for our wedding day. She made us feel natural and was able to capture the true love that my husband and I share. Miana’s love and enthusiasm for what she does shines when she is behind the lens. Her personality is also one for the books. She is kind, fun, and passionate, and very easy to work with. We would recommend Miana Jun Photo to any couple who wants their wedding day to be captured with love, passion, and commitment to each and every photo that she takes.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana is just the type of photographer you want to capture your special day. She is not only extremely talented and professional, but she has a kind and gentle spirit. Her calm energy is exactly the type of vibe you need when trying to wrangle six kids (ages 3-16) five adults & a dog for a sit down portrait. She photographed our family for my mom's 60th bday, Everyone responded so well to her positivity that the photographs came out beautiful and we all had a blast!! She has also been photographing my son every year since he was 2yrs old. The photographs always capture his energy and personality and make for some amazing photos. I'm so grateful to have those to look back on. I would highly recommend Miana Jun.

Profile Picture Edith, 10/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Miana. She is absolutely amazing! Her attention to detail is what really set her apart, right down to the customized usb that she provided with all of our photos on it. We also had her do albums which came out absolutely amazing. We got married in October and were really hoping to have our parent albums ready for Christmas gifts. It was a tight turn around, but she knew it was important to us and made it happen. She was incredibly responsive before and after the wedding. She is so incredibly organized and absolutely a vendor that I didn't have to nag or worry about at all during my planning. My husband and I are a little awkward and camera shy, but you'd think we were professional models with some of the shots she got. My bridal portraits were something out of a magazine! We felt completely comfortable and she gave us just enough direction so that we got a mix of her capturing some lovely moments and also some beautiful portraits that she helped us pose for, but didn't look posed. Her candids throughout the night were just as amazing as our portraits and more than a few of our friends made her photos their profile pictures on social media. There were so many amazing photographs that it was hard to pick our favorites for the albums! She also did our vintage inspired engagement shoot and she provided some great props. We used those photos for our save the date cards and she turned around the edited images in record time so that we could get them made quickly (we had procrastinated just a little). The photos were so incredible that we knew we had made the right choice. It is clear from her photos that she just understands light in a way that her photos capture things beautifully exactly as they are. The result is timeless gorgeous photographs. She also scouted locations around our venue ahead of time which lead to some of my favorite photos from the night and she kept us on schedule. She's incredible and you should book her!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/9/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Miana is an absolutely incredible photographer. She is deeply sensitive and has an amazing eye for composition and light. She has an intuitive ability to capture the feeling and essence of a moment. She is so thoughtful and aware of small details. She is such a smart worker who moves like a shadow. She knows where she needs to be to capture the moment while also being mindful not to interfere with special moments as they unfold. She is a brilliant witness, who sees it all!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Miana Jun has an amazing vision with her photography. With conscientious preparation beforehand, she can orchestrate an enormous photographic event with the ability to artistically incorporate and capture an extraordinary array of details, large and small.
And the proof is in her illustrious photos!!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other)

We loved loved loved Miana!! We actually only met with her, and we were so pleased with our first meeting, we booked her then and there! Prior to meeting with Miana, we both said we didn't want or need a wedding album, but after looking at her works of art, we signed up for one and we can't wait t to see it! She has a very journalistic approach to her work.

We met her at her house for the first meeting and she was so warm and friendly. She had tea/coffee and baked goods ready for us! She is also an extremely thoughtful person with such vision. She works extremely hard and photographed our rehearsal dinner and also the ceremony and reception. She is extremely organized and kept everyone on track and she had great direction, which I definitely needed!

She also brought on her second shooter, Dustin who was also phenomenal as well. He was super friendly and easy to work with. They are both genuine people who were truly interested in getting to know us.
We are so happy we found them! Thank you Miana and Dustin!

Profile Picture Heidi, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Miana was great and very accommodating for my wedding. I needed her for 2 days back to back, and needed some of my photos edited in under 24 hours and she was able to make a beautiful slideshow for me to put on display at my wedding. I love all my photos, I would definitely recommend Miana to anyone.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana was incredibly professional and fun to work with. She clearly cared about getting the best possible shots and capturing key moments. I recommend her highly!

Profile Picture Carl, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana Jun Photography was able to capture every single moment throughout our wedding events in a way that when we now look back, we can actually feel the love, happiness and excitement that we both felt on that very day.

Our relationship with Miana Jun started when she had shot our engagement photos in NYC last year. She not only took the time to get to know us as a couple, but also scouted the city for special locations that were specific to us. The pictures she had taken were not only whimsical and personalized, but they were also romantic and intimate (which is very tough when shooting in a big city!). After our first photoshoot ever with Miana, we knew we had to take her with us to Martha's Vineyard to capture our wedding day. There was no question about it!

That day as you can imagine, was very emotional and very busy. But as a professional photographer, Miana knew exactly what to do to get the perfect shot. She not only stayed on schedule (better so than I!), but also scouted the location in advance to maximize our time. Miana and her team were so professional and talented - each picture came out gorgeous. But what stood out most was eye to detail. Every picture taken expressed a specific emotion from that day - from rowdy cheering and dancing to one-on-one quiet moments with my new husband. I would definitely refer a friend, a family member and anyone looking for a photographer to Miana Jun Photography.

Profile Picture Naomi, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We can't recommend Miana enough. Our photos are absolutely stunning and her enthusiasm is infectious. She captured the best essence of us and of everyone we love. She is a gentle but skilled and specific director and made everything so easy for our family and for us. Miana has a warmth and investment that make it so easy to work with her and let you feel completely secure. She had such amazing ideas for our portraits--things we would never have considered and locations that were really lovely. She was organized and communicative throughout the entire planning process and gave us guidance and input where we needed it but without ever inserting herself over our vision. We're so so happy to have worked with her and so thrilled with our photos!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs

Miana made us feel very comfortable from the get-go. She was energetic and valued our opinion. She listened to our story and patiently worked with us to develop a timeline that was best suited for us. She was very responsive throughout the entire process and always accommodated changes in our schedule with relative ease. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early to scout the location and kept us on track throughout the evening. Although working by herself, she did a tremendous job capturing all the important and even many rare moments.

We were delighted to see the results of her time and effort. We absolutely love her representation of our wedding day. It was done with such a delicate attention to detail and sense of artistry that told a lovely story. We would absolutely recommend working with Miana, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana's personality is warm and charming. She made me feel as if she's genuinely concerned about all aspects of my wedding. Her gentle demeanor ensured we got along right from the start. She has very brilliant creative ideas and was a pleasure to take direction from. We are so very happy with the work she delivered. The photographs are all excellent and are definitely going to be enjoyed for years to come. We'd highly recommend her to photograph your event!

Profile Picture Charles, 2/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the beginning of my contact with Miana, she was extremely responsive, kind, patient, and professional. She is warm, and her deep passion for photography is palpable when she talks about her work.

From the start of our wedding day, Miana had inexhaustible energy, yet her presence throughout our portraits was calming. Both my husband and I are naturally camera shy, but I was immediately at ease with her and enjoyed myself throughout the entire day. My groom took a bit longer to relax, but even amidst the times I know he was stiff and nervous, Miana managed to capture him laughing and looking at ease. I am so happy that we took Miana's suggestion to spend a few hours prior to our ceremony to do portraits.. She captured some wonderful moments with us in DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights before we arrived at the church. Some of my favorites, though, are the night shots she took in Chinatown with us before we arrived at our wedding banquet. Who knew that two metal folding chairs borrowed from a barber shop and placed in the middle of Pell Street at night would result in such beautiful (and just plain cool) photos?

Throughout the day, Miana made sure that she captured what we wanted, but she also gently guided us and used her keen and artful eye to take advantage of the opportunities that arose. She was seemingly everywhere at once, and unobtrusively captured the very best of our wedding day.

As longwinded as this undoubtedly seems, I can't find words to adequately express what an absolute pleasure it was to work with Miana and how happy we are with the photographs she produced. As a person, she is a joy and a beautiful soul, and that is reflected in her wonderful photographs.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Miana's warm personality and experience helped us throughout the entire wedding. She helped me be at ease when there was so much going on.

Our initial meet and greet was very pleasant and professional.
She definitely cares about her work and her clients.

Most importantly, the pictures were very memorable and worth every penny!

I would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User3371772, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana is truly one of a kind. My husband and I feel blessed she was our photographer and lucky to meet such a grounded spirit. She has a vibrant aura that is captivating. The beautiful energy from our wedding day naturally flowed into her camera. Miana connected with the physical vibrations using not just the five senses but her sixth sense as well. I knew when I met her my pictures were going to be outstanding because she had vision internally and externally. We each had 8 people in our bridal parties. My husbands were mostly dirt bike racers. My point is that it wasn't an easy crowd to keep in check. However, Miana was very determined and assertive. Everyone was smiling with there eyes open to say the least. The photos had balance, animation, and class. She used her unique style to set ours apart from all the other standard weddings. The way she placed us in and out of the sunlight with the angles, the direction, the positions and expressions all aligning brilliantly. She even made sure all the ladies hair was out of their faces when we took the breezy ocean compilation. I received my photos yesterday and they are absolutely fascinating. It is like reliving our whole wedding with the emotions and uplifting energy in each photo. She captured the little things as well as all of the classics. She also had her own remarkable flare, catching the essence and aura of the moment. Our wedding was hectic to say the least. The day was running late and no one would ever know if they looked through our album. It is pure magic and, after seeing these photos, I wouldn't agree that we were running late, because every single picture is perfect. I am so thrilled with her work. I hope other brides are as lucky as I in having her shoot their wedding. Our wedding album is sensational.

Profile Picture User3669566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana was great to work with and helped us create a very memorable experience!

Profile Picture Carrie, 4/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana is an extremely talented photographer. She was a joy to work with on my wedding day. Miana was very attentive in the months leading up to the wedding and after. Throughout the creative process she was always considering my feelings while guiding me through with her professional eye. Miana was very attentive to my thoughts of what the pictures should look like and which pictures were important to me.

I can not express my gratitude enough to Miana. My wedding pictures are AMAZING! She handled the entire event with class, ease, a delightful disposition and professionalism.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Miana was professional, flexible, and very pleasant to work with from start to finish. She was exceptionally receptive to the simple elegance we strove for when planning the celebration, and she respected our desire to enjoy ourselves at our own wedding, and not spend the majority of the day posing for pictures. She kept the structured shooting to what was essential, and seized upon more spontaneous opportunities as they arose. The result was a beautiful photo narrative telling the story of an experience we’ll always treasure. Without a doubt, we would work with Miana again.

Profile Picture danielle , 6/2/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were so fortunate to have Miana as our wedding photographer. From the very beginning she understood immediately who we are and what we wanted, up until the final result - our beloved wedding photos. I feel Miana has a special intuition. She is also a great listener and so patient, so it made the whole process very easy. On the wedding day she was very unobtrusive but managed somehow to capture every single special moment. We love the photos because they are not only beautiful, but really show our feelings and the atmosphere of the day. We definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture Marta, 7/23/11, 1 Review