Miami Beach Botanical Garden Reviews

84 | Miami Beach, FL

84 Reviews for Miami Beach Botanical Garden

• Jo Ann

Jo Ann · Getting married on 10/09/2021

A beautiful venue to hold an outdoor ceremony and/or reception. The Banyan room is a perfect backup plan for rain or to be used as a lounge area if the reception is outside. One of the most affordable venues in the Miami area. The reception area is very private. Perfect for smaller weddings!

Sent on 03/02/2011

Jovaun Boyd · Getting married on 03/02/2021

A beautiful venue and Maurice was a pleasure to work with

It was a pleasure working with Maurice and the Miami Beach Botanical Garden. The venue is beautiful, rich with flowers and greenery, and provided a picturesque backdrop for our wedding. From our first meeting, Maurice was committed to doing everything in his power to make sure that we could have the wedding we envisioned. When it started raining the day of our outdoor wedding, Maurice was instrumental in making adjustments, like moving the ceremony under the covered patio, helping to ensure the event was still a success. Maurice was responsive, flexible and made himself and the resources of the venue available in a way we truly appreciated. I give Maurice and the Miami Beach Botanical Garden my highest recommendation.

Sent on 03/22/2020

Marthe Dressler · Married on 04/06/2020

Breath taking experience and an unforgettable moment.

Mr. Jackson is one of the kindest souls we have ever met. He made our wedding experience one to never forget. This is such a beautiful venue!

Sent on 05/19/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 02/22/2020

Absolutely beautiful wedding experience!

I absolutely love Miami Botanical Garden! Pictures don’t even do it justice, you have to visit to truly understand it’s beauty and peaceful atmosphere. We recently rented the garden for our wedding and couldn’t be happier with our venue choice. Maurice was super helpful throughout the entire process from our first visit to our wedding day. Miami Beach Botanical Garden will forever hold a special place in our hearts XO.

Sent on 03/17/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa D’Oyley · Married on 02/08/2020

The most beautiful garden wedding venue

The Miami Beach Botanical Gardens is the most magical wedding venue I could ever imagine. We planned a destination wedding in Miami from Seattle and the second I stepped foot at MBBG I knew it was the perfect wedding spot. The gardens are gorgeous and there are so many different areas that you could choose to host the ceremony, reception, and any other creative areas during an event. With the bistro lights and the trees in the background, the garden was beautiful enough as is - you barely need any decorations to transform the space into a midsummer night's dream.

Maurice made the wedding venue decision even that much easier. As the event coordinator, I could not have asked for a more amazing person to work with! He was integral in our early meetings and conversations in helping us envision the space and utilize the gardens in the best possible way. He is so sweet, sincere, and helpful. I enjoyed every moment I spent working with him throughout the planning process. He always made us feel taken care of and we knew we could trust that the space would look gorgeous with Maurice on watch!

It was also so calming to have Maurice there on site all day leading up to the wedding. I will never forget the moment that I was waiting to walk down the aisle and Maurice was by my side (making sure my dress stayed perfect, of course) and stopped me to show me a beautiful flower. He told me to stop and smell the flowers and remember this moment for the rest of my life. It was so sweet and perfectly sums up what it was like to work with Maurice throughout the entire process.

The Miami Beach Botanical Gardens is a gorgeous space and was the perfect backdrop for our dream wedding. If you want a beautiful, elegant outdoor wedding and an event coordinator who will make the wedding planning process as smooth as possible, this is the place for you!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 02/07/2020

SO HAPPY with this venue!

This venue is nothing short of breathtaking, a hidden gem in the heart of South Beach. We had a lot of guests coming from out of town so wanted a venue that felt magical and had a lot of natural beauty but also would be in an area accessible for guests to have fun during their weekend stay in Miami and this is the place!!! Maurice is a wedding angel and makes you feel like family from the first time you meet him. He is very knowledgeable and able to be such a great resource in navigating the craziness that is wedding planning. The venue has a great mix of indoor and outdoor space yet feels cozy and close knit. Loved having our wedding here and so grateful we met Maurice. Having good people that have big hearts on you wedding day is so important! It makes things so much easier and happier on a day that inevitably has some stress. Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/08/2020

Elizabeth · Married on 01/18/2020

AMAZING!! Maurice is the BEST!

Lets face it.. finding the perfect location in a reasonable price is HARD in Miami... When my husband and I walked into the garden our jaws dropped. This place is a hidden gem! We couldn't believe the space, the packages they offered, and MAURICE! Maurice, the onsite event planner made the entire process easy and fun! I think he has events multiple times a week but he always made it seem like mine was a high priority and that made us feel so so special. My guests were blown away at how beautiful and charming the garden is! We loved everything about the garden and we cant thank Maurice enough for all the love he poured into our special day!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • F

Fiorella Llerena · Married on 12/14/2019

A perfect place for a magical ceremony

What an experience it was to have our ceremony at the Botanical Garden.
    Doing our ceremony at the Botanical Garden was a great choice, the intimacy that the japanese garden offers is just what we were looking for our 20 guests ceremony.
    Maurice was extremely helpful from the moment we stepped into the gardens and facilitated our decision to pick the gardens as the perfect place for our wedding ceremony. He gave us many ideas of how we can make our very simple ceremony much more lavish, with just very few touch ups here and there. He made our experience a much more memorable one, without his help it would have been a lot harder to get our ceremony to start on time. The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is a gem that i wish i would have discovered sooner. Perfect for a small ceremony, as well as a big sitting wedding. The gardens offer such a magical experience, with butterflies flying around and beautiful unique flowers throughout the garden. This was just a lovely place.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Bianca Alberty · Married on 11/23/2019

Maurice made our day

Not only is the garden one of the best hidden gems of Miami, but Maurice - the Event Coordinator there - was the best vendor we had. He was a deciding factor in picking the garden. He's flexible, always makes time for you and comes with lots of ideas and suggestions we didn't get elsewhere. The garden is absolutely stunning and was the perfect backdrop for our November wedding - we got really luck with weather. The convenient location was great for our guests coming from out of town and the locals loved discovering it. It's also one of the few venues that's open past 11pm! We've been back a few times since and love that it's now a part of our story.

Sent on 04/02/2020

Makda Majette · Married on 11/10/2019

Wedding Venue

Our experience with Miami Beach Botanical Garden was absolutely magical! Our wedding was more than we imagined and our guests raved about the venue. Maurice worked with us from day one to answer any questions we had and referred us to amazing vendors including Elizabeth from Island Life Events and Brian with Dade County Food Group. Maurice displayed the utmost professionalism and kindness from day one. I would not have changed one thing from our wedding day, it was absolutely perfect in every way. We highly recommend Miami Beach Botanical Garden to any couple wanting a magical venue filled with natures beauty, even butterflies :).

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Itsjermaine

Itsjermaine · Married on 09/11/2019

Absolutely incredible

Maurice was absolutely incredible. STRONGLY RECOMMEND! He strongly suggested we rent a tent, and thankfully we did because it rained. No worries though, because Maurice very calmly rallied 200 guests from the front lawn into the ballroom and arranged them in a beautiful circle. It actually created a very intimate setting for the ceremony, and we think it turned out better than what it would have been in the lawn. All 200 guests fit comfortably under the tent. He will not disappoint, he is there to make your day the most special of them all.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Simi

Simi · Married on 04/27/2019

Incredible!!!

Getting married at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden was the best choice we could have made. Maurice was extremely helpful during the entire planning process and especially the day of. He even gave us design ideas and took the time to help us walk the space and plan it all out. The garden was stunning the day we got married (4/27/19) and was even more magical at night. We would get married here over and over again. I can’t say thank you enough the Garden and Maurice for making out special day incredible.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Robin · Married on 04/06/2019

Fall In Love

From the moment we met Maurice, we knew that we found the perfect venue for Shelby's wedding. Not only is the venue magnificent and immaculate, but Maurice puts his heart and soul into every inch of this magical place as if it belongs to him. Miami Botanic Garden is a tropical paradise in the midst of a busy Miami Beach. Your guests will not stop talking about the birds and the butterflies that live together in this wonderland. Maurice would respond to us immediately when we had a question and always made us feel welcome.

Robin

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Linsey

Linsey · Married on 02/16/2019

A Magical Day!

Thank you, Maurice and team, for a magical day! It was better than we anticipated. The garden was breathtaking. Maurice made everyone feel right at home and even walked my mom out to her car, he is a delight!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Suzy Vera · Married on 02/02/2019

Maurice is the best

h what a venue and what a venue manager.

I thought of writing this long review but all I can say is if your considering it, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

The venue is amazing everything in one place; venue, bridal suit, ceremony space, pictures, lighting etc.

The venue manager Maurice is a god send; amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing!!!!!!!!!

He does what he can to help like offer you odds and ends that you’d be charged for elsewhere. The venue offers circle tables, banquet tables, chairs, cocktail tables , mic stand, plants to move around and accent spaces, some lighting, etc. He goes above and beyond!!!

He also recommend our wonderful caterer and lighting guy to us!!!

So beautiful and definitely worth the price. I would totally recommend the venue, and Maurice.

Sent on 03/22/2019
  • Rea

Rea · Married on 01/20/2019

Gorgeous hidden gem in Miami Beach

Everything about MBBG was absolutely perfect for our wedding. The gardens are immaculately taken care of. During our January wedding, butterflies were everywhere, everything was lush and in bloom. We knew from the moment we walked the venue and met Maurice months ago, that this was the one.

First, let me just say that Maurice is a hero. His genuine enthusiasm for our wedding made planning so much fun. He offered helpful tips and ideas and was there from the moment we arrived until the very end to supervise cleanup. We loved meeting with him whenever we were in town and wanted to visit. He was very clear about all of the required insurance, paperwork, costs etc. He is quite simply the best.

We took advantage of the entire gardens the day of the wedding. We did our first look at the red bridge (so gorgeous), our ceremony on the great lawn, our cocktail hour on the patio and our reception in the banyon area + room. This set up was absolutely perfect. We also used the butterfly room the entire day.. Our makeup artist and lunch were delivered right there. We continued to use the room throughout the night to bustle my dress, eat some food, touch up makeup, etc. Maurice kept it locked so all of our stuff was safe, but he was there whenever we needed it opened.

MBBG is right in the heart of Miami Beach which was ideal since most of our guests were from out of town (we're from New York). We were able to ride-share everywhere. There are a ton of hotels nearby and of course, the beach! If you're looking to have a garden wedding in Miami Beach, you're done looking. You found it at MBBG. 11 out of 10.

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 11/23/2018

Excellent venue

From beginning to end Maurice worked with us every step of the way. Being out of state was challenging but we were so happy to have chosen this venue for our wedding. The garden is gorgeous and fits every season’s wedding. Ours was Game of Thrones themed and the venue did not disappoint! The bridal party was able to get ready on site in the butterfly room which was convenient. The only regret I have is that when the time our contract ended came (11:00pm) our guests were essentially kicked out. I would have rather been charged for the extra hour after the fact than to disrupt the reception! Other than that we were pleased.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Camila · Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional

We couldn't have choose a better venue for our wedding! Maurice was exceptional and was very attentive from the day we booked the venue till the very end of the night of our wedding day. My husband and I are very happy with how everything turned out!

Thank you for helping make our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Eyesa · Married on 10/27/2018

The Wedding of My Dreams

Botanical Garden in south beach will always hold a special place in my heart. My husband and I got married this past October and everything was PERFECT! Maurice was amazing to work with he was so easy going and truly went the extra mile to ensure everything was all I could have ever dreamed it would be. We were allowed to decorate the Garden exactly how we wanted (lighting the candles and placing our cake on display). I was so sad the night was over! Even though our event started later then planned , the grounds are so naturally beautiful that our photos truly came out so unique and beautiful! Highly recommend Botanical Garden in South beach for any future events, can’t wait to go back someday!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • F

Fernanda K · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful venue with the best staff!

The decision to have our wedding at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden was the best decision we made. Not only is the garden a gem, the staff really made sure that our day went on without a hitch. I can't say enough good things about Maurice, the garden's coordinator, and how helpful he was in the months, weeks, and days leading up to our big day. The garden offers a variety of packages depending on your needs. We opted to rent the entire venue. It was great that our guests didn't have to move from one place to the next. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Audrey · Married on 09/02/2018

Planning our wedding became easier when we discovered Miami Botanical Garden via the internet. Making that call and getting connected with Mr. Maurice Jackson was awesome, he asked the pertinent questions and gave the appropriate answers to our inquiries. His suggestion as to which garden base on the number of guests was extremely helpful. As to available dates that we were given made our selected date more time sensitive because it’s a busy garden with beautiful wedding ceremonies during the week. Courteous, interactive, professional, punctual, always ready to assist and never too busy to answer any additional inquires are the positive noticeable encounters we saw and experienced with the staff. The garden atmosphere is very beautiful and the staff’s knowledge of their work places makes it more pleasant and Intimate.

Memories for a lifetime,
    Audrey.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Giuseppina · Married on 09/01/2018

Maurice Jackson was extremely helpful and went out of his way to make my daughter’s Wedding such a memorable day! The weather was perfect and our 250+ guests had a wonderful time, enjoying the beauty of the garden during sunset and then dancing the night away in the Banyan Room! The only minor problem was the construction of the Miami Beach Convention Center which made the access through the main entrance of the garden but this should be all solved by October 2018!
    Thank you again Maurizio and will be returning to visit you very soon! Thank you Sandy Shapiro for all the recommendations and the fun times planning the wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Maria · Married on 05/18/2018

We are very happy to have chosen Miami Beach Botanical Garden as a venue for our wedding day. We fell in love with it at first sight. Even though now there is a construction nearby, once you enter the garden, you practically don't see nor hear it. It's a small hidden gem where you truly feel like in another reality. It has different scenic places, perfect for pictures, ceremony and reception. It is very intimate and usually closed for private events, so you can fully enjoy the whole garden just for your party.

We would also like to give very special thanks to the garden's manager Maurice, who has been there for us from the very beginning, but especially during the wedding day. Without his help and dedication nothing could've been possible. He worked hard to organize and decorate everything and also shared a valuable piece of advice on how to do everything perfectly.

Another detail we would like to share is that the garden is fully equipped for weather emergencies. We got married in May and several weeks before and after the wedding it was raining a lot. And even though we were extremely lucky and our wedding day was unexpectedly sunny, with Maurice's help we prepared a plan B on how to do everything indoors in case we needed to hide from the rain.

Again, we are very grateful to Maurice and we are happy to have selected this venue for our wedding. It was absolutely perfect and beautiful and we recommend it to everyone who wants to celebrate their special day in Miami.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Nick · Married on 05/18/2018

The Miami Beach botanical garden is truly a hidden gem. We had our wedding there on May the 18th 2018, the ceremony was a dream, with a breathtaking background. The cocktail and al fresco dinner were simply perfect. The venue is not only beautiful, but it’s also fully equipped. Our guest had everything they needed and more. Maurice is truly amazing, he went out of his way to make our day perfect. He took care of us, made us feel as relaxed as possible and didn’t mind getting his hands dirty, plus he gave us incredible and inspiring ideas. A true professional for a perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Hector · Married on 03/24/2018

The experience with the garden was AMAZING. We had such a good time in our wedding. Everything was beautiful and special. Maurice Jackson is the best, excellent customer service, and always willing to help. Maurice keeps the garden beautiful, and really adds value to the experience.

Sent on 04/27/2018