MGM National Harbor Reviews

6 | Oxon Hill, MD

6 Reviews for MGM National Harbor

Sheela · Married on 10/13/2019

The BEST fusion wedding experience!

Now that the fanfare is over, the rings are on our fingers, and we are marveling looking back at our pictures, I think back and can only say - WOW ! MGM - you made this all happen!

We were a fusion wedding to the "Nth" degree - fusion race, religion, cultures, languages, and guests from around the world. As such, we needed a venue that could handle that level of diversity, but without breaking our budget. We never thought we would even be able to afford such an extravagant, modern, and luxurious space such as the MGM, none-the-less, obtain a weekend spot less than 10 months out from our preferred wedding date, on a long weekend!
    But, thanks to coordinator/manager/and part fairy god mother extraordinaire - Leyla Lugonjic - the amazing events manager, at the MGM we had our dream wedding!

When we first came to tour the MGM - we were met by Leyla who was so sweet and kind, but also had so much industry know-how and experience. She gave us an amazing tour of the space, told of us all the incentives, and inclusions, that made us feel like we were having our wedding at an all inclusive resort: a corner 2 room suit for the bride and groom - honestly the nicest room I've ever stayed in my entire life!!), a tasting dinner for you AND your family, extra smaller meeting rooms the day of the wedding (for group makeup, or child care, or just wedding item storage), and a delicious gift bag full of goodies and memorabilia. Of all the places we had toured - this was hands down the nicest and warmest initial greeting we had, with the biggest "package" we could have dreamed of.

If you live in DC, you already probably have heard all the buzz about the MGM over the last few years. Even for so many of our guests that were in the DMV, the MGM offered up a stay-cation type experience, where locals felt like they were able to get away in their own city, and do something new. The resort offered so many experiences and attractions for our guests that were staying the long weekend as well, which was really helpful!

The ballroom itself was amazing and HUGE! We were actually able to split the ballroom in two, and use part for the ceremony, and the other half for the reception. (Pro tip! many other downtown DC hotels did not have rooms this large, and were charging separate fees to use two different ballrooms!). With a fall wedding - we were also able to use the balcony space off the grand ballroom for our cocktail hour that had sweeping views of DC and the harbor - a million dollar view and photo op, all included!

The food options at the MGM really amazed us as well. With a fusion wedding, only a venue the caliber of the MGM can have in house chefs that handle worldwide cuisine. The MGM offered us so much flexibility with the food - both in cuisine of food, and style of serving. We were able to serve a full Indian buffet dinner for our mostly south asian guests ( all made in house by their in house chef!), and also supplement our cocktail menu and dinner with a live chef pasta station, and more American appetizers and fresh seafood with a modern twist that were so beautifully crafted for design and taste.

I can't speak highly enough about the caliber, quality, and wow factor of the MGM, that gave us our dream wedding, and the wonderful, impeccable service of the staff. I'd encourage anyone to reach out for a tour, to see how affordable and accessible their dream wedding can be!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Nauveera K. · Married on 06/07/2019

Naseeb Wedding

From the moment I got on wedding wire I knew I had to have my wedding at MGM and did not think it was possible financially for us. We had checked out many hotels before coming to MGM. I took a chance and reached out to MGM and learned that the resort actually offers great package at affordable prices! Moments after meeting with Leyla Lugonjic my family and I had made up our minds. Her experience and knowledge on the intricate details of wedding planning sold us! Leyla had answered all of our questions better than any other coordinating manager we had met with in the area. We had a wonderful and stress-free time planning the wedding with her! She catered to each and every one of our needs in a timely manner and accommodated us without any issues and with immense care!

We were greeted with an MGM care package, given a tour of the beautiful hotel from the guest rooms, to the gorgeous complimentary corner suite, to the ballroom. The quality and taste of the in-house catering and Bellagio patisserie cake were astounding. The chefs and Leyla did a great job with organizing our tastings at late hours just for us. Leyla was a gem during the wedding. She was going back and forth to direct my guests, the dj, the photographer, and me to make sure everything happened smoothly and that we stay as close to the itinerary as possible. I will never forget the amount of selflessness she showed me. There was a moment where she got down on her hands and knees to help me get my heels on. She will always have a special place in my heart for making my wedding so special for myself, my husband, and my family.

Additionally, you cannot compare the luxury and modern excellence of MGM with any other hotel in the area. It is a month later and my guests still say they have never seen a more classy and regal wedding venue than this one. I will upload pictures once they are finished by my photographer. Best decision we have ever made.

Sent on 07/03/2019

A wonderful experience

The MGM is an amazing property and they are truly focused on creating an "experience" for the guest. Most especially Leyla in the Sales team did an exceptional job working with us and making sure our event was a success. She and the team were patient and attentive to our every need. The property is amazing and I will not only recommend it but I will definitely use it again for another event in the future. One more thing, the food is delicious, the catering team does an amazing job with customizing the food to your taste.

Sent on 07/13/2019

Andrew · Married on 06/02/2017

MGM Grand Is Always a Top Choice

It is always good working with MGM Grand. I've been there several times and the level or professionalism is always great to see. Leyla Lugonjic has been my point of contact is always ready to help each of the events we have. I'm happy that we were able to work together again on this project and further solidify why I love the MGM Grand brand. Will certainly keep recommending clients to this location.

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Mlelisay

Jackson · Married on 06/03/2021

3.0

Bride and Groom

The MGM was exceptional, the staff was very polite.

Sent on 06/08/2021