MG Hair and Makeup Reviews

MG Hair and Makeup 6
MG Hair and Makeup 7

Sage · Married on 11/23/2018

Highly Recommend

I was over the moon with the service I received from MG Hair & Makeup. The artist arrived promptly and I loved both my hair and makeup. The artist really listened to what I wanted and captured the look I had in mind perfectly. She was also super friendly which was a bonus. I would highly recommend MG Hair & Makeup!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Josie

Josie · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved working with MG & loved my artist Gianna!!

I'm very happy I worked with MG for my wedding day. Coordinating everything from the beginning to the end with Denise was very easy; she answered emails immediately and I felt very taken care of throughout the entire process. I had the pleasure of working with MG's artist Gianna & I'm very lucky to have gotten her to be my girl for the day. She showed up to my trial early & ready to go. Both my mom & I had her do our hair and make up and we both felt gorgeous at the end of it and a nice plus was that she's just a doll- so of course, she was our girl! She gave me skin care advice, long lasting lip stick/stain suggestions & we emailed back and forth leading up to the day and she was more than happy to answer any skin/makeup/hair questions I had. She's very knowledgable & took time to write out thoughtful responses to my questions, which I really appreciated. The day of was so relaxing having her by my side. She knew exactly the look I was going for & executed it perfectly, also telling me how beautiful she thought I was all day & I know that added a ton of smiles to my photographs and video! She was my cheerleader :) I added extra hours for touch ups because I knew I'd be crying a lot throughout the day haha, but I barely needed any touch ups because the final product at the beginning of the day was so solid! Having her there for my special day felt like having another friend getting ready with us. Also (this is not about hair or make up) but right before the ceremony, we realized I had no one to fluff out my train before walking down the aisle and without even hesitating, Gianna said, "I'll do it!" So not only is she a super talented hair and make up artist, but she's a great team player and jumped into a position that she absolutely was not obligated to jump into. Artist Vanessa was the 2nd artist we had working on my bridal party and she also did a fabulous job, making everyone look beautiful. All of my girls felt beautiful and that absolutely radiated throughout their smiles. I will definitely be working with Gianna in the future whenever I need to feel like a princess again and if you can get her for your big day- do it!! You will be very very happy with your results :)

Sent on 10/28/2018
    MG Hair and Makeup 8

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

I waited until the last minute to book hair and make-up for my August 2018 wedding. I reached out to several vendors, and MG was by far the most responsive and reasonably priced. I was a little nervous because they wouldn't show me Julia's portfolio before I booked. But the 4-hour trial run was very helpful. On the day of the wedding, Julia was a ROCK STAR. She stayed on schedule, stayed focused, listened to everyone's wishes and concerns, and delivered. I was SO HAPPY with my hair and make-up. Everything stayed in place and perfect until the end of the night. Thank you, JULIA!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Daniella · Married on 08/17/2018

My bridal party and I had the best experience with the team from MG Hair and Makeup. Rebecca, Stella and Michelle were all awesome and gave everyone looks they loved. Also, Denise who coordinated everything was amazing to work with! So responsive and accommodating. I could not have asked for a better hair and makeup experience for my wedding! Love MG!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with MG Hair + Makeup on my wedding day was one of the best decisions I made! I reached out very early on for makeup and hair for myself, my mother + mother-in-law and three bridesmaids. Denise immediately followed up and scheduled not one – but two trials to be sure that I was completely happy with my wedding day looks. We worked together to create a timeline the accommodated everyone, allowed for enough time and made it so we weren’t up at the crack of dawn. When I was unsure about extensions and an additional artist being necessary, she quickly set up a call to speak with Megan – the founder – who talked me through everything (without upselling or pressuring) and made me feel completely at ease with my decisions. Incredible customer service!

My artist – Rachel – was absolutely terrific. She was incredibly sweet and listened to all of my concerns. She made me super comfortable and it was easy to discuss looks with her, what I liked, adjustments to make, etc. I wound up being 5 months pregnant at the time of my wedding and was VERY self-conscious about my hair and skin which were much more fussy than they had been in my trials. Rachel made me look and – most importantly – feel amazing. In fact, this was my number one stressor leading up to my wedding. I was completely shocked at the transformation and instantly felt so comfortable. Nothing too dramatic, just an improved version – addressing all of my concerns and problem areas we discussed. She finished my whole party on time (I actually think it was early!) and everyone looked stunning. She and MG Hair + Makeup were fabulous and I couldn’t recommend them more highly!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Chantal · Married on 06/07/2018

MG Hair and Makeup exceeded my wildest expectations! From the start, Denise was responsive and informative, ready to answer any questions or concerns I had. She set up my trial run with Talia, who was incredibly kind and patient. Leading up to the wedding, I was sent a detailed breakdown for hair and makeup for each girl, along with specific instructions on how to prepare for that morning.

It was really important to me that I still looked like me on my wedding day, just an enhanced version. I also have pretty short hair, so I knew working with that was going to be a challenge. My pre-wedding consultation with Talia went well, but she BLEW me away on my wedding day. She showed up on time (really important for an already anxious bride) and was on schedule down to the minute the whole time. I let each of my bridesmaids do what they wanted for hair and makeup, and Talia was careful to listen to each them and make sure they were happy with the outcome, which was really important to me. When my turn came along, Talia mentioned that my hair had grown some since our consultation and that we could probably do something extra with it. AND DID SHE. My hair turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I had it colored shortly before the wedding, and the way she styled it mixed the light/dark pieces and gave the updo amazing depth. My makeup was also exactly how I wanted it. I was concerned about my hair and makeup staying in place through a humid June day full of pictures, an outdoor ceremony and heavy dancing, but I had nothing to worry about. My hair never budged and my makeup still looked great in pictures from later on in the evening. Not only did Talia do an amazing job with everyone, but she was also just really great to have around that morning. She made me feel at ease and comfortable, and it was like having one of the girls around while we got ready. I absolutely recommend MG Hair and Makeup. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    MG Hair and Makeup 9
    MG Hair and Makeup 10
    MG Hair and Makeup 11

Julie · Married on 06/01/2018

There are not enough words to describe how happy I am that I chose MG Hair and Makeup for my special day! From the beginning stages emailing back and forth with Denise was so effortless. Denise made the process so smooth and easy with her quick and detailed responses! Rebecca was my stylist and she nailed the exact look I was going for. I scheduled a second trial since I ordered extensions and wanted to see the whole look put together and Rebecca put so much time and effort into making sure I was satisfied. My goal was to look like me but a little more special and that is exactly what I got with MG! Thank you ladies for making me feel so pretty and glam! I highly recommend MG Hair and Makeup to any bride out there!!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Peter · Married on 05/27/2018

We used Julia and were very happy with her talent and professional. I showed her a few photos of what I was looking for and she was able to bring it to life. I'm not someone who regularly wears makeup and was somewhat fearful of wearing too much makeup on my wedding day but Julia made me feel elegant and classy with just the right amount of makeup. She was early, did a fabulous job with the hair and makeup for my sister and mother and she didn't leave until everyone was happy with how they looked. She was also open to changes and suggestions to make us happy. I definitely recommend her and would use her again.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Arielle · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough great thinks about Nikolette! Not only did everyone’s hair look gorgeous (I especially LOVED mine), she truly went above and beyond in every way to help. I had Nikolette stay until after the ceremony (and I am SO thankful I did because we had the WINDIEST May day ever, so we desperately needed touch ups), and she was incredible - fixing my hair between shoots, holding and adjusting my train, running back to the suite to grab my bouquet, holding any jacket or accessories during photos. She never sat down, and at every beak was touching up my hair and my bridesmaid's hair in between photos, before the ceremony, after the ceremony. One of the reasons I booked Nikolette was because of her sweet and calm personality, as I knew she'd be a great energy to have on the day, but we went above and beyond any expectations. Everyone could not stop talking about how amazing she was!!! Truly recommend!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Jamie · Married on 05/11/2018

I could not have imagined a smoother process booking hair and makeup for all my bridesmaids and mother of the bride! Alicia with MG Hair and Makeup was a SAINT and so patient and helpful during trials. We did two of them and each time I had feedback for her and she ran with it and day of NAILED all the wedding party looks. She did hair and makeup for 6 ladies and was completely on schedule and everyone ended up happy! As the bride I worried about my makeup because I've had bad experiences in the past but Alicia and MG achieved the exact look I wanted! It was not overdone but just right. Book immediately! Pricing is very reasonable for the level of talent you get, too!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    MG Hair and Makeup 12
    MG Hair and Makeup 13

Kelly · Married on 04/14/2018

Hiring them was the best decision. By far the best price and the quality of the work was top notch! I looked EXACTLY as I had pictured in my head, better actually. Talia was patient, kind, a great listener and calming presence the morning of! I am thrilled with the service! The makeup lasted from 10am until midnight! The pics are at dinner when we had a noon outdoor ceremony!

Sent on 04/15/2018
    MG Hair and Makeup 14
    MG Hair and Makeup 15

NICOLE · Married on 11/02/2017

MG was so easy to work with and helpful and Nikolette was so sweet dependable! Would certainly recommend to anyone who wants a great look for a fair price.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Allyson · Married on 10/07/2017

Everyone at MG Hair & Makeup was such a pleasure to work with. Denise was extremely responsive to all questions and ensured everything for the big day was scheduled to perfection. The artists arrived promptly and the timeline was maintained, providing for a stress free experience. We had 11 people getting hair & makeup done, and Cynthia & Martina were able to keep everything on schedule while perfecting each person's preference for both hair & makeup. Absolutely everyone looked amazing, and both the hair and makeup stood up for the entire day and evening.

Sent on 01/14/2018
    MG Hair and Makeup 20
    MG Hair and Makeup 21
    MG Hair and Makeup 22

Lisa · Married on 09/30/2017

I LOVED using MG Hair & Makeup at my wedding! Cinthya & Julia provided hair & makeup services for myself, my bridal party, my mom and my mother in law. They were very reasonably priced (we booked the 2 artists package for 4 hours) and did an incredible job. Denise was great to work with, she always responded very quickly and thoroughly to any questions I had. Cinthya came to my house for the trial and put me at ease right away- she was so sweet and I felt immediately confident that she understood exactly how I wanted my hair and makeup done. She did a fantastic job at the trial, and when I had a couple of small changes that I wanted made the day of the wedding, she did a flawless job! The day of the wedding, she & Julia were so prompt and professional- they managed everything perfectly to be done exactly on schedule.

I can't recommend MG Hair & Makeup highly enough! Thank you Cinthya & Julia for making me and my bridesmaids feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

From the very beginning, MG Hair and Makeup were great to work with. Denise is the primary contact, and she's incredibly responsive, patient, and organized. My HMU artist for both my engagement photos and wedding day was Martina (Level 3), who I adored. Martina was professional, punctual, and knowledgable. She was so friendly and easy going and made the whole process fun. I decided leading up to the wedding to change what we decided at the trial, but I wasn't worried about it because I wholly trusted Martina. (I initially thought I wanted glam but decided I wanted something more between glam and natural.) She knocked it out of the park and executed my new concept flawlessly, and she made my mom look like a babe to boot. For both my engagement photos and wedding day, she provided little samples for touching up, which was incredibly helpful. I entered the process not knowing which artist to ask for because it seems all the artists with MG Hair and Makeup are great, but I cannot recommend Martina enough!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2017

Alicia was awesome! I did my hair and makeup trial at a hotel in NY and she was professional and prompt. I described to her what I wanted and showed her some pictures, and she nailed the look completely. She did my hair and makeup for the ceremony and reception (which were on two different days) a couple of months later, and she did a totally amazing job, replicating precisely what she had done at the trial. She also made my close friend and sister look gorgeous. And to top it all off, she is friendly and easygoing. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/15/2017
  • BookcaseHat

Emily · Married on 07/22/2017

Highly recommended! Cinthya was my hair/make-up artist and she was wonderful. On the day of, she was punctual and professional and did such a great job. She put us all at ease and she was so sweet and easy to work with. We actually finished all the hair and makeup early -- Cinthya made sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Caren · Married on 07/16/2017

I had my wedding on July 16, 2017. A Sunday. I needed to find someone to come to my house to do my hair and makeup. I did a search online and found MG hair and makeup. I had never heard of them before but i went hired them based on all their excellent online reviews. Well let me tell you, this company is TOP NOTCH!!! My hair and makeup came out AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. The artist arrived exactly on our scheduled time. She was friendly and awesome and the best. I highly recommend this company. And let me add, they were the least expensive company i found, some wanted 3 times the amount i spent. I would not hesitate to hire them for hair and makeup!!

Caren Pohts

Sent on 07/30/2017

Anne · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a pleasure working with MG hair and makeup for my wedding. Denise was extremely helpful and responsive when planning and scheduling services for myself and my bridal party. Nikolette was my artist and she did a wonderful job. She was very professional and accommodating to my bridal parties requests. I would highly recommend MG hair and makeup to anyone.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

My experience with MG Hair & Makeup was incredible. Denise was so lovely to work with and answered my questions quickly and effortlessly, and matched me with the most amazing hair stylist, Cinthya, for my wedding day. Her calming energy and her peaceful presence put me and all of my girls at ease on the wedding day, and her work is FLAWLESS. I had a very specific vision for my hair, and she totally nailed it, and made it even more beautiful than I would have ever thought possible. If you're a bride who wants to feel beyond beautiful on your wedding day, MG Hair & Makeup will make it happen with ease!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Claire · Married on 05/06/2017

MG Hair & Makeup provided hair and makeup services for myself, my 7 bridesmaids, and my mother as well as my mother in law. Working with MG could not have been easier. From the start, Denise was incredibly responsive. I was able to quickly set up a trial and the artist, Allie, even changed my look after the trial to fit an event I was attending later that night! Leading up to the wedding, MG reached out at multiple points which was really nice because the last thing you want to worry about when you are planning a wedding is making sure your vendors are on track.

The day of services were a breeze. Allie and Rebecca were so nice and professional and they were open to the different hair styles each girl wanted. When I mentioned to Allie that I wanted to change my makeup look a little bit from what we had done during the trial, she was totally receptive and nailed the look.

I would highly suggest MG to anyone getting married. This is a vendor you can count on !

Sent on 05/11/2017

Katherine · Married on 04/08/2017

MG Hair & Makeup is THE BEST! Denise is beyond expectations and a pleasure to communicate with. She coordinated every detail and helped make sure my day was special. Allie did my hair and make up and she was amazing!!! I felt beautiful. I highly recommend MG!!

Sent on 04/10/2017

A · Married on 03/24/2017

I cannot say enough great things about MG Hair & Makeup as a company and also about the artist Nikolette! Nikolette is so versatile in her work, she did the hair and makeup for several of us in my bridal party and each lady had different ideas of what they wanted (some very natural/barely there makeup and others a heavier "made up" look) and Nikolette was able to fulfill all of these requests! The same goes with her hair styling, some girls were very simple and others had way more intricate updos/braids/whimsical curls and Nikolette was able to do this all. She is also a pleasure to work with in general she is very kind and professional.
    MG's management and customer service is also TOP NOTCH!
    I ended up asking for 2 trials initially because I did not love my makeup the first time, and the second time I loved my makeup because Nikolette is very open to opinions and she appreciates feedback, I felt very comfortable asking her to tweak some things here and there with my hair and makeup. Then a few months after my first 2 trials I changed my mind about my hair and Denise (who is the one who always promptly responds to any emails) quickly offered a 3rd trial! They were so accommodating I didn't ask for the 3rd trial but right away they offered it in order to make me more comfortable/prepared for the actual wedding day.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/30/2016

This team was so easy to work with and incredibly responsive! Made all of my options very clear and accommodated late requests we had. Nikolette did my hair and makeup for my September wedding in Brooklyn and she was amazing! After a trial run through, she was not only easy to talk to about options and making adjustments. My hair was SO incredible - I wish I could recreate the masterpiece she created! The makeup was also incredibly natural but glam....she did a fantastic job on my two sisters, mom, aunt and grandma as well! Everyone was so happy! What a wonderful experience and she was a pleasure to work with! Thank you Nikolette for making me feel so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/15/2017