Metzger Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Gianna
    Gianna A. Getting married on 07/03/2022

Everyone needs a Scott for their wedding day !

The best decision I made on my wedding day (besides marrying my husband) was hiring Scott! We got married March 2021 and due to the pandemic we never were certain about, anything really. We didn't even pick a venue until 2 weeks before our wedding date. Scott was completely understanding and totally flexible. His communication was excellent, always responding quickly and ready to be of assistance. He made a very stressful time much more enjoyable and worry free. The day of he was amazing, there were moments I did not even know he was there until seeing the picture afterwards! He captured brilliant and stunning photos. He was really great at giving direction and he didn't miss a beat. I feel like my photos belong in a magazine! Not to mention, I received them like 3 days after my wedding! If you want to do one thing right, pick Scott for photography. Thanks Scott =)
  • Michelle
    Michelle W. Married on 12/05/2021

Excellent experience!

Justian and I hired Scott Metzger to be our wedding photographer, and we were never happier with our decision. When researching different photographers, Scott immediately stood out. We completely fell in love with his style of art from the very beginning. Scott proved very easy to work with, including his flexibility, as we had to re-schedule the wedding due to the pandemic. When the big day finally arrived, the entire wedding party had a blast working with him and Javier, (second shooter for the day). Scott has a great sense of humor and an exceptionally creative eye for shots, opportunities, and photographic angles. He works very smoothly and gives great directions on what to do next. We were blown away when we saw the artwork he produced of our special day. I would highly recommend Scott over and over to anyone needing a truly amazing photographer. We guarantee you will not be disappointed!
  • Jaqualine
    Jaqualine R. Married on 11/27/2021

Easy Going and Flexible

Scott is amazing- He is easy-going and flexible! He was fun to work with and his albums and photos truly highlight his artistic abilities. He was extremely accommodating with our COVID reschedules and all of the unknowns that go with planning a COVID wedding! We are so grateful for his work and talents. He captured every moment of our day!
  • Jenny
    Jenny P. Married on 11/12/2021

Wedding 11/12/21

Scott is great! We had a really bad rain storm just as we needed to take pictures. Luckily we had an indoor ceremony and reception, but Scott really got creative in making sure we still had beautiful and unique pictures. He was a joy to be around and made the experience fun. Would highly recommend.
  • Kristen
    Kristen M. Married on 11/06/2021

Incredible!!

Other than marrying my husband, choosing Scott as my photographer was the best decision I made! His creativity and uniqueness is second to none. From the moment he started taking pictures, to the end of the night, he made sure to capture all the moments. I was thrilled to have his assistant photograph the guys while Scott stayed with me. I loved being able to look back at my husband and groomsmen while they were getting ready. His photos are incredible, and not to mention he had them back to me 2 weeks after my wedding!! Scott is a 10/10!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley J. Married on 10/21/2021

Breathtaking photos with unique shots!

We did a lot of research on photographers, but knew IMMEDIATELY we wanted Scott after seeing his work and speaking with him. Such a nice guy and his photography is phenomenal! Multiple people have reached out to us telling us our photography was the most beautiful they've seen from any wedding. His assistant was great and he was a lot of fun to work with! He got so many incredible shots, and we loved his unique ideas! Also the turnaround time on our photos was astounding, especially when taken into account how busy Scott is with the pandemic wedding boom! Speaking of which, we are one of the rescheduled weddings and Scott helped us breathe easy and feel confident that we could rely on him through the unknowns.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca G. Married on 10/08/2021

Our day was captured perfectly!

My husband and I decided to inquire Metzger Studios after being at a venue and looking through albums. Every album we were drawn to was from this studio. The first time we met Scott we knew he was the perfect person to capture our day. He had a great personality, an awesome sense of humor and his love for photography and his edits was evident. The day of the wedding Scott arrived on time and ready to start. He asked hair and makeup artists if he could adjust the lighting for a brief time to get some shots. He worked so quickly hair and makeup didn't miss a beat. The makeup artist actually said "I'm hiring him if I get married!" At the wedding Scott and his assistant continued to exceed our expectations. Scott seemed to have his eye on everyone at all times. He would approach my husband and I at the perfect moment, where we had a good amount of downtime, and steal us for some photos. He worked so efficiently I'm not sure if he was taking a hundred photos in 5 minutes or it just felt like 5 minutes! He is an incredibly talented photographer but also a genuinely great person!
  • O
    Olympia R. Married on 10/02/2021

Best photographer!!!

Scott has to be the BEST- photographer around! We had a little trouble finding a photographer and our videographer gave us three recommendations for one. After the recommendations he said “with all those being said- If Scott Metzger is available grab him. You will have no regrets” how lucky we got landing Scott amazes me!!! Coincidentally, after booking with Scott we found out that our best friends also had Scott as their photographer. Their wedding was a month before ours so we got to see all of Scotts work. We had SO MUCH TRUST in him prior to ours that we told him to just do his own thing. He’s seriously awesome and loves to get as many photos as possible. He is there for every memorable moment and never missing one. If you get the opportunity, book with Scott for AMAZING PHOTOS! - Olympia
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn H. Married on 10/01/2021

the best photographer for the job

My husband and I met Scott in his studio in early 2020. We knew right away that he was the best photographer for the job. Scott arrived early on our wedding day this past October. He offered insight into the process and a lightness that eased our minds. His vision is unique and artistic with an attention to detail that I admire. He captured both candid moments and beautifully staged photos, as he encouraged us to step out of our comfort zone. His assistant, Javier, was a great addition to the team as he, too, offered a calming and professional presence. We feel so lucky that our venue recommended Metzger Studios- they did not disappoint. I would recommend Scott and his team without hesitation.
    Emily C. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing Photographer!

Our wedding was delayed by a year due to the pandemic, and while a lot of aspects and vendors changed, we were happy to stick with Scott through all of the ups and downs. Scott went the extra mile for every part of the process. We chose him because of his creative style and impressive portfolio and he did not disappoint! He was energetic and had an eye for the best shots in the most unusual spots. We would highly recommend Scott to everyone and anyone we know!
    Lindsay M. Married on 09/23/2021

Excellent wedding photographer

My husband and I weren't the typical bride and groom and Scott listened to everything that we wanted! He was up for the adventure of photographing us on a sailboat. He is extremely kind and was great with my grandfathers. Scott was easy to work with and exceeded our expectations with his photos. I highly recommend him - he is versatile, professional, excellent demeanor and timely with his communication.
  • Erica
    Erica H. Married on 09/05/2021

Amazing photos - loved working with Scott

Scott was great to work with. I gave direction on where photos would take place throughout the day - but on the actual day - he took control of where we needed to be for pictures. The pictures were fun, look great and I couldn't be happier with them. I also love the album he made - the prints came out so well.
    Brittany B. Married on 08/21/2021

Amazing photographer!

Scott Metzger is one of the most talented wedding photographers I’ve ever personally come across. Not only does he have talent, he also happens to be an extremely nice person! Having been a part of two previous weddings where Scott was the photographer, we knew we wanted and needed him to capture our day. A few days after we got engaged, I contacted Scott before we even had a wedding date or venue! Shortly after, we found our venue and thankfully Scott was available! Had he not been, we truly would’ve picked another date to match his availability… that’s how amazing this guy is! Scotts the type of photographer that will get down in the dirt to get the most perfect shot. The only thing we regret is not having a full 24 hours with him and his team for MORE pictures!! We highly recommend using Scott and his team to capture your day!
    Shaun Married on 07/30/2021

Gloucester, MA Wedding 2021

Scott shot our wedding in Gloucester, MA in July this year. He did an amazing job making sure he got all the right shots. His creativity helped us get some really cool shots that we'll be able to share forever. We really appreciate all of his time and effort in making sure we got the pictures we wanted. 10/10 would recommend him to any couple getting married. We will be using him in the future!
  • Alison
    Alison G. Married on 05/30/2021

Captured our day Beautifully

Scott Metzger has an amazing talent for seeing unique and beautiful photo opportunities no matter the occasion or what the weather decides to bring to the table. From start to finish, Scott continuously delivers his creativity and never skips a beat. He captured our day perfectly from start to finish and helped us relive all the moments that passed by so quickly as every wedding day does. Scott was easy to work with and made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process even with all the stress around us! If you are still undecided on a photographer, I highly recommend Scott at Metzger Studios!
    Rd Married on 01/19/2021

Best wedding photographer!

Scott is a passionate and a skilled photographer with an eye for details. He makes sure that lighting, angle, subjects and everything else in his frame are in perfect harmony to convey the emotions of the couple. He photographed both our engagement and wedding and both turned out much nicer than we could imagine. In both the events he came earlier than the starting time we proposed. Before we reached the site, he already checked the surroundings and set his camera in proper position. The best thing we loved about him that he continuously gave us nice direction that made us look really beautiful and candid at the same time in photos. We received a lot of compliments from our friends and families about our photos. We cannot give enough thanks to Scott for that. On top of the photography skill, Scott has an amazing personality and very good sense of humor, making it incredibly easier to work with him.
  • rachel
    Rachel Married on 12/31/2020

New Years Eve Wedding!

Scott was our photographer for our New Year's Eve wedding. He was on time, attentive and SO creative. Most of the day he was a fly on the wall, he captured the most amazing moments of our day while barely being noticed! He paid close attention to detail and didn't miss any of our 'must-have' shots. It was New Year's Eve in New England and he had us out on the harbor for some amazing shots that we will cherish forever. We can't thank Scott enough for following all Covid safety precautions and giving us these great keepsakes of the best day of our lives!
  • Nicole
    Nicole B. Married on 12/31/2019

New Year’s Eve wedding

My husband and I got married this New Year’s Eve at the Cruiseport in Gloucester MA. Scott’s work by far exceeded all my expectations. I am constantly receiving rave comments about how
    my photos came out. I had many ideas of specific photos I was hoping for ex. family formals, pictures under the chandeliers and capturing the New Year’s Eve count down with confetti. Scott was extremely welcoming and open to all my ideas and went above and beyond to capture a moment whether climbing a ladder to get a large group shot or lying on the floor. I can’t say enough amazing things about Scott and his ability
    To capture such a memorial time in my life. I am so happy to have these photos for a life time to reminisce!
  • Sherry
    Sherry A. Married on 11/16/2019

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!

The best photographer ever!!! Scott was an absolutely amazing photographer for my wedding. For both the engagement photo shoot and the wedding, he made the photo shoots super easy and fun, made us feel comfortable, and always got the best lighting (even perfectly timed sunsets)! The photos came out absolutely beautiful - extremely professional and high-quality. We are SO happy to have these amazing photos to remember our wedding day, and highly recommend Scott to everyone!!!
    Joanna Married on 10/19/2019

Stellar photos, fun-loving photographer

Scott captured the day so beautifully. Not only does he have a great eye and imagination for the photos you pose for, his candid photos are out of this world! It is a great way for you to get the full 'picture' of everything that was going on during your wedding day. Our family and friends' personalities jumped out at us from the photography. Scott knows how to capture all of the right moments without being intrusive so you get to have an amazing day and can keep all of those beautiful memories for the rest of your life. Scott, as a professional, is very fun-loving and personable. He will feel more like a wedding guest than a vendor all while keeping everything entirely professional. My words shouldn't be what convinces you, however. Visit his website. The vibrant photography will win you over. If you aren't entirely sold, meet with Scott at his studio and his professionalism and knowledge will solidify your decision. It did for us. I had my deposit in the mail the day after meeting Scott. You will too. Trust me, you want someone that is this easy to work with on your big day.
    Stephanie Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!

Scott photographed my sisters wedding and the minute I saw her pictures I knew I wanted him to shoot mine! It took a few years to get to my wedding, but Scott’s photography was something I did not forget! Scott and his assistant Tim went above and beyond to get the shots we wanted. They were professional and so much fun to work with! We had a large bridal part and several locations for photographs. Scott and Tim traveled along with us and got the most beautiful shots. I highly recommend Metzger Studios, you will not be disappointed!
  • Bridget
    Bridget I. Married on 10/05/2019

October 2019 Boston Wedding

I found Scott through two of my friends who had him as their wedding photographer. I was so impressed with how professional and talented he was and also loved the way their pictures looked. I knew when we got engaged and started planning our wedding that we would ask him to be a part of our wedding day too. We planned our Boston wedding from California, and then Ohio, and he was very easy to work with throughout the whole process leading up to our wedding.

On the day of our wedding, he was prompt, professional, thorough and captured all of the images we wanted on that day. He was even great about getting four separate photos of my husband and my maternal and paternal families (which I asked him to get that day). Getting four different, chatty and large groups of people to focus and smile is no easy task but he did amazing and my family all wanted copies.

He was also very prompt with editing the photos and getting them back to us shortly after our wedding. We had such a hard time narrowing photos to include in our album because he captured so many great ones!! When we finally narrowed it down, he turned them into a beautiful album that we will cherish for years to come.

The too long, don't read version is HIRE SCOTT FOR YOUR WEDDING, you won't be disappointed!
    Sabina Married on 09/29/2019

Professional, fun, talented

Every choice for the wedding was important, but one of the most important decisions for us was the photographer. After all, the photographer has the immense responsibility to capture each special moment of your day so that you can cherish the memories forever. From the start, Scott impressed us with the quality of his photos. He explained his entire process from start to finish and was responsive, flexible, and transparent. It's evident that Scott really loves what he does - - he has a special eye for unique shots and perspectives and gets excited when he has a creative spark (which is often!). He and his assistant Tim were really fun to work with. On top of that, they goes the extra mile (like laying on the ground to get sunset photos of us). Scott returned the photos to us SO quickly and we were so impressed and beyond satisfied with them. Thank you for being our photographer!!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 09/20/2019

Best Photographers EVER!

Words can't express how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing Scott and his assistant Kathryn as our photographers. From the very beginning of reaching out to Scott with questions regarding pictures to our engagement shoot and wedding day- he was always so flexible, fun, and professional. We are extremely happy with the outcome and how our photos came out. Yes, we got married less than 3 weeks ago and our photos are already back! Scott's unique artistic work is superb. Not only is the quality what we loved but also how he and Kathryn made sure to capture all the photos we wanted. They are a laid back, easy going, and fun team to work with. Metzger studios makes you feel super comfortable where at times you will forget they are even there. Do not look any further! Save yourself the stress of comparing with other photographers and contemplating. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you Metzger studios for capturing the best day of our lives!!
    Emily S. Married on 09/07/2019

Just amazing!

Scott was UNBELIEVABLE! He and his partner/assistant, Kathryn, were extremely accommodating, professional, and really experts at their craft. They captured the most gorgeous shots and provided my husband and I with direction as needed while still getting photos of intimate, candid moments. It definitely is a long day, and both of them provided necessary humor and flexibility while working with our large wedding party. I could not recommend Metzger Studios enough— they are top notch. Thank you Scott and co.!!! You helped make my wedding a dream come true!!