Metzger Studios Reviews

Metzger Studios 5
  • Nicole

Nicole Blackwell · Married on 12/31/2019

New Year’s Eve wedding

My husband and I got married this New Year’s Eve at the Cruiseport in Gloucester MA. Scott’s work by far exceeded all my expectations. I am constantly receiving rave comments about how
    my photos came out. I had many ideas of specific photos I was hoping for ex. family formals, pictures under the chandeliers and capturing the New Year’s Eve count down with confetti. Scott was extremely welcoming and open to all my ideas and went above and beyond to capture a moment whether climbing a ladder to get a large group shot or lying on the floor. I can’t say enough amazing things about Scott and his ability
    To capture such a memorial time in my life. I am so happy to have these photos for a life time to reminisce!

Metzger Studios 6
    Metzger Studios 7
    Metzger Studios 8
    Metzger Studios 9
    Metzger Studios 10
    Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Sherry

Sherry Albert · Married on 11/16/2019

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!

The best photographer ever!!! Scott was an absolutely amazing photographer for my wedding. For both the engagement photo shoot and the wedding, he made the photo shoots super easy and fun, made us feel comfortable, and always got the best lighting (even perfectly timed sunsets)! The photos came out absolutely beautiful - extremely professional and high-quality. We are SO happy to have these amazing photos to remember our wedding day, and highly recommend Scott to everyone!!!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Joanna · Married on 10/19/2019

Stellar photos, fun-loving photographer

Scott captured the day so beautifully. Not only does he have a great eye and imagination for the photos you pose for, his candid photos are out of this world! It is a great way for you to get the full 'picture' of everything that was going on during your wedding day. Our family and friends' personalities jumped out at us from the photography. Scott knows how to capture all of the right moments without being intrusive so you get to have an amazing day and can keep all of those beautiful memories for the rest of your life. Scott, as a professional, is very fun-loving and personable. He will feel more like a wedding guest than a vendor all while keeping everything entirely professional. My words shouldn't be what convinces you, however. Visit his website. The vibrant photography will win you over. If you aren't entirely sold, meet with Scott at his studio and his professionalism and knowledge will solidify your decision. It did for us. I had my deposit in the mail the day after meeting Scott. You will too. Trust me, you want someone that is this easy to work with on your big day.

Sent on 12/14/2019

stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!

Scott photographed my sisters wedding and the minute I saw her pictures I knew I wanted him to shoot mine! It took a few years to get to my wedding, but Scott’s photography was something I did not forget! Scott and his assistant Tim went above and beyond to get the shots we wanted. They were professional and so much fun to work with! We had a large bridal part and several locations for photographs. Scott and Tim traveled along with us and got the most beautiful shots. I highly recommend Metzger Studios, you will not be disappointed!

Metzger Studios 11
    Metzger Studios 17
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Sabina · Married on 09/29/2019

Professional, fun, talented

Every choice for the wedding was important, but one of the most important decisions for us was the photographer. After all, the photographer has the immense responsibility to capture each special moment of your day so that you can cherish the memories forever. From the start, Scott impressed us with the quality of his photos. He explained his entire process from start to finish and was responsive, flexible, and transparent. It's evident that Scott really loves what he does - - he has a special eye for unique shots and perspectives and gets excited when he has a creative spark (which is often!). He and his assistant Tim were really fun to work with. On top of that, they goes the extra mile (like laying on the ground to get sunset photos of us). Scott returned the photos to us SO quickly and we were so impressed and beyond satisfied with them. Thank you for being our photographer!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2019

Best Photographers EVER!

Words can't express how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing Scott and his assistant Kathryn as our photographers. From the very beginning of reaching out to Scott with questions regarding pictures to our engagement shoot and wedding day- he was always so flexible, fun, and professional. We are extremely happy with the outcome and how our photos came out. Yes, we got married less than 3 weeks ago and our photos are already back! Scott's unique artistic work is superb. Not only is the quality what we loved but also how he and Kathryn made sure to capture all the photos we wanted. They are a laid back, easy going, and fun team to work with. Metzger studios makes you feel super comfortable where at times you will forget they are even there. Do not look any further! Save yourself the stress of comparing with other photographers and contemplating. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you Metzger studios for capturing the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Emily Silverberg · Married on 09/07/2019

Just amazing!

Scott was UNBELIEVABLE! He and his partner/assistant, Kathryn, were extremely accommodating, professional, and really experts at their craft. They captured the most gorgeous shots and provided my husband and I with direction as needed while still getting photos of intimate, candid moments. It definitely is a long day, and both of them provided necessary humor and flexibility while working with our large wedding party. I could not recommend Metzger Studios enough— they are top notch. Thank you Scott and co.!!! You helped make my wedding a dream come true!!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Jamie · Married on 08/16/2019

Perfection

Scott and his assistant were wonderful. He was prompt with getting our pictures back to us and everyone who has seen them just say how beautiful they are. I don't know how I'm going to pick out roughly 70 pictures for a photo album!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 07/20/2019

The kind of photographer that lays on burning asphalt to get the perfect wedding shot...

Scott and his team (Catherine)...

What a PLEASURE it was to work with these two. I found out about Scott's work through a very close family friend of mine that got married in 2015. Ever since, I became obsessed with his work. So once Chris proposed, Scott was the first vendor I booked after the venue. And it was one of the best decisions we made when planning for this wedding.

As luck would have it, our wedding happened on the hottest day of the year (and the century), and the venue's AC was broken. Despite this, Scott and his team worked our event that was both long and unbearable, and far from home (we live in Western Massachusetts, 1.5 hours away from Boston) without a single complaint. If anything, I yelled at Scott to please go get himself some shorts and a t-shirt to change into and lovingly threatening him with enough food and water to drink 😂. For some outdoor shots, he even laid down on burning asphalt (literally) in long sleeves and pants. They were pleasant, professional, always smiling, and so creative. I'm so excited to see our pictures soon!!! Thank you for making a difficult day a lot more fun and full of giggles.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

Creative edge

Scott was amazing!! He put a spin on the photos to make them so much more creative and beautiful! He kept us moving so we didn't take up half the night just for photos. Before we were even back from our honeymoon we were getting sneak peeks. I've received so many compliments already on how beautiful our photos are. He's not your typical formal wedding photographer (he could be if you asked) but he's so much more! He knew the area of Gloucester better than i did and knew the right spots to go to get amazing photos. I trusted him 100%! I Highly recommend!!

Metzger Studios 18
    Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Michael

Michael Dupuis · Married on 05/25/2019

Will Give You Beautiful Work, and be a Pleasure to Work With!

First, let me start off by saying that when it comes to photography, I'm extremely picky, and we reviewed so many portfolios before coming upon Scott's work.

Seeing the work he had done for others, he definitely seemed to be the one for us, but you might wonder if his work for you will be at the level of his portfolio displayed online... and I can say this without hesitation: it will be.

Scott and his assistant Katherine were an absolute joy to work with and the results of their work were amazing, and absolutely everything we'd hoped for. It's saying something when your guests comment on how easy and fun it is to work with your wedding photographers, and we heard that a lot. He was the epitome of professionalism, and a lot of fun to work with. He's someone we'd definitely love to work with again to photograph our future milestones.

From the initial meeting, to the discussion on packages, to the day of the wedding, every step was just top notch and exactly what we hoped for.

I can't recommend Scott enough for your wedding. Look at this photos, let him know what you want yours to include, if anyone can deliver 110%, it will be Scott.

Metzger Studios 19
    Metzger Studios 26
    Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

5 Star Wedding Photographer!

Scott of Metzger Studios is simply amazing; he has such an eye for wonderful and creative photography and really knows his craft! Out of all the available photographers that we could have chosen, we absolutely know that we selected the right photographer for our wedding by going with Metzger Studios! We first saw Scott’s work while on a venue tour and we were immediately drawn to the images. Ever since our first email and meeting with Scott, he has been timely in his responses and always willing to help answer any questions we had along the way. Early on in this process, we had the opportunity to do an engagement shoot and we we’re thrilled with the results. During both the engagement shoot and the wedding, Scott made the whole photography process so comfortable and enjoyable and the results resemble that! He was very clear with the particular shots he was taking and was always communicating with us throughout the night to make sure we were using the opportunity for particular shots we wanted and that we were happy with the way things were going. Also accompanying Scott on our wedding day was his assistant Reinaldo who was wonderful. Scott stayed through the reception and captured key moments of the night as well as candid’s that show the celebration and enjoyment that not only we were experiencing, but also our family and friends in attendance! Scott and his assistant, Reinaldo, were able to get wonderful photography without being intrusive and photographed in an almost behind the scenes fashion that didn’t impair the view of any of our guests. Following the wedding, we were so excited to get our proofs and less than a week later, our blog and slideshow was up to give us a sneak peak and then only a short time after that, all of our proofs were live—and we are just so grateful to have wonderful photography that captured our special day! Besides our satisfaction with the results, we have received nothing but positive feedback from our guests. We are so excited to get our album as well as our prints and canvases to be able to display! We are beyond thankful to have found Metzger Studios for our wedding photography and for Scott’s professionalism and personable nature! We are happy to give the highest recommendation for Metzger Studios!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Allie

Allie Brown · Married on 05/11/2019

Loved working wiht Scott!

Scott and Kathryn were great to have as photographers on our wedding day! Scott was able to orchestrate a 13 person wedding party and ensure that we got the shots that we wanted. He paid attention to what my husband and I were looking for in wedding photos and delivered. Scott and Kathryn worked seamlessly together and knew what each other needed at any point in the day! Scott even stayed an extra hour and a half during the reception because he was enjoying photographing the dance floor. Both Scott and Kathryn went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Allison · Married on 04/27/2019

Picture Perfect

Scott and Kathryn perfectly captured our special day from beginning to end. We were truly amazed with some of the photos they were able to get (we're not particularly photogenic!). There was a great balance of portrait and candid photos. Scott seemed to be able to get every shot, but was never in the way. He's very accommodating to any specific requests and works extremely quickly. We had a few surprise moments during our wedding and every one of them was captured as if it had been planned. We have gotten several compliments on how breathtaking our wedding photos are- some shots look like they were taken out of a movie!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Megan

Megan Cronin · Married on 04/13/2019

Best decision we made!

We could not be happier that we chose Scott as the photographer for our wedding. Scott and Kathryn did an amazing job with everything and were so professional and kind throughout the day. In the months leading up to our wedding day, Scott was timely in responding to emails and communicating about the timeline for the day. We got our pictures within twp weeks of the wedding date and loved every single one of them. Scott knew just the right shots to get to make everything perfect. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Krista Fantasia · Married on 04/06/2019

The Best!!!

We found Scott through our venue. Our wedding coordinator at the venue raved about him, and after our first meeting we knew it was going to be him! We had no other experience with having a photographer follow us around all day so we were not sure what to expect. Well if we did have a expectation he and Katherine ( his second shooter) were amazing. They took all the shots we wanted and it was a nice little break from everyone when they pulled us aside to take some extra photos. They stood in the background, but anytime I turned around with a group of people they were there to take a picture. We even had our dog come for a few shots and not only was he good with him, but he got the most amazing picture with him! Scott stayed all night and one point I looked at him and said oh your still here and he said these are the black mail photos for later and he was right! We so many fantastic photos!! I can not recommend him more we have been to many wedding since ours in April, and I have to say I haven't seen a more attentive photographer. Thank you Scott! We now have some fantastic photos to last a lifetime, and a photographer for any future needs!!

Metzger Studios 27
    Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Ramponi · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing!

Scott and Kathryn did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding!! We just got our pictures back online (extremely fast turnaround time - less than 2 weeks!), and we are obsessing over them. Scott has such a great eye for cool, creative and unexpected shots that all my wedding guests can't stop talking about. From start to finish - engagement photos last June to our December 15th wedding - Scott was professional, friendly, prompt with e-mails and calls, and so informative about the whole process. Scott and Kathryn were at our wedding from 1pm for getting ready shots up until the very end of the evening (close to 11pm!). Scott will literally roll around on the ground to get the perfect shot! We got every shot we wanted and more. I would recommend Metzger Studios to anyone! When your day is over, all you have left are the photos, and we are so glad we chose Scott to capture them!!

Metzger Studios 28
    Metzger Studios 29
    Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

In my opinion, a photographer is one of the most important parts of a
    wedding. The day goes by so fast for the bride and groom that they need
    these photos to look back on. I found Scott at expo and I am so glad I did!
    My husband and I were blown away just at the consultation we had with him!
    He truly has a passion for what he does and will do everything to make sure
    it is exactly what you want for you special day. He made sure that I had
    everything I had envisioned, and was more than accommodating. Never once
    did he rush us and always had a smile on his face, you can tell he truly
    enjoyed his time photographing my wedding day. His other photographer was
    just as amazing and you can tell the two of them work well together making
    sure every important moment is captured. The images he captured are
    absolutely beautiful, are of the highest quality and affordable. I could go
    on and on with how happy I was with Scott and would absolutely recommend
    him to everyone. I could not have been happier!

Thank you so much Scott for such beautiful photos!

Becca and Rob Harris

Metzger Studios 30
    Metzger Studios 31
    Metzger Studios 32
    Metzger Studios 33
    Sent on 08/08/2019

Michael Tagliaferro · Married on 11/24/2018

Excellent experience

Scott Metzger of Metzger Studios was an excellent choice for our wedding photographer. He was attentive and responsive throughout the planning process making sure he had a good idea of what our vision for how we would like to capture our big day was. During the day he was present to capture every part from beginning to end without being pushy or overbearing. He has a great eye for creating unique shots and used every aspect of the venue and surrounding area to do so. We had a slideshow of many of our best shots to us within a week and we were thrilled with the results. His pricing is very competitive and does not require final payment until all the proofs are completed.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Kathren

Kathren · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Scott had done several of our friends/family's weddings so he came HIGHLY recommended to my husband and I. Booking him was extremely easy and once we secured him, it was simply easy from there. He was entirely flexible for whatever we needed, showed up exactly when he said he would and worked with our party the entire day. He was hysterical with the group - everyone LOVED him and his team and it made the day (and pictures) easy and exciting. Our picture site came to us within a week or two which we could share with our loved ones and the additional photos were sent shortly after. Our pictures were PERFECT!!! I couldn't have asked for anything more. The quality of pictures for the price of what we paid could not have been matched. Thank you Scott for everything - I've already passed your name along!

Metzger Studios 34
    Metzger Studios 35
    Sent on 01/13/2019

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

Great to work with and flexible!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Tori Guido · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Scott was recommended to me by a friend and i am SO happy he was! He was absolutely amazing from the start. From engagement pictures, to wedding day, it was everything I ever hoped for and more! I have the best pictures to last me and my husband a lifetime! Thank you so much Scott and your amazing team! We couldn’t imagine having anyone else capturing the best day of our lives!

Metzger Studios 36
    Sent on 05/01/2019

Christi · Married on 09/15/2018

If I could give Scott 10 stars I would. He was absolutely amazing on our wedding day! He was professional, fun to work with, and captures moments that I am so thankful for. I truly feel he went above and beyond for us at our wedding and we are so thankful we had him for our photographer. I HIGHLY recommend Metzger Studios. Check out his website - the quality of work shows there.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2018

Best decision we made was going with Scott Metzger!

Scott was awesome to work with and all our pictures came out amazing! He was helpful guiding us during the structured photo's and captured so many amazing candid memories. Several guests came up to us throughout the night to compliment him and his flexibility in taking some family/friends/group photos.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Kathryn · Married on 09/08/2018

Because we loved Scott's pictures at my son and daughter-in-law's wedding, we decided to use them again. Again, we received so many compliments on his creative pictures, great energy and professionalism. Many people went out of their way after they saw my daughter and son in-law's wedding pictures and told me how beautiful the pictures were.
    But the nicest compliment I received from a few people was... "They are the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen and I need his information." I have to say... I agree. Without any doubt, I would recommend Metzger Studios!!

Sent on 09/24/2018