174 Reviews for Metzger Studios

Custom Graphics (4)
Save the Date (4)
Canvas (1)
174 Metzger Studios Reviews

Kathryn and her assistant Erin did an AMAZING job shooting our wedding at the Seacoast Science Center in Rye, NH. The pictures came out pristine! We could not be happier with the quality. She was creative and artistic with her shots. Even though we were in some pretty interesting poses, the pictures came out looking natural and beautiful. She knows exactly what she is doing, and thought of everything! She scouted the site before our wedding, and found off the beaten path spots to take amazing pictures. You can tell how much she loves her job, and her effort did not go unnoticed. She stayed to the very end of our wedding, and worked the entire time! We loved working with Metzger Studios. Highly highly recommend. The Best!

Profile Picture Loren, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Slideshow, Albums, Prints, Proofs

What a creative and amazing photographer! We hired Scott for our wedding on 3/23/18, and while we've only seen a handful of photos from our wedding thus far, they are beyond anything we could have ever imagined. They are artistic, creative, interesting, and absolutely beautiful! Definitely not your run-of-the-mill wedding photos.

Scott makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera and has a way of making even the most posed photos look and feel natural. He's friendly and efficient and was able to traverse the wedding day almost unnoticed as he captured our most special moments. We've received so many compliments on the photos he's shared and many engaged friends asked for his contact info since he made such a wonderful impression. Scott definitely sets the gold standard for wedding photographers. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our day so wonderfully!

Profile Picture Kerrie, 3/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance

I cannot say enough good things about Scott. My bridal party was pretty big including our daughter who was 18 months and still captured the best pictures of everyone. He knows what he is doing and is very patient and kind when taking photos. Scott made the best memories for us of our wedding, our pictures are beautiful.

Profile Picture Alanna, 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Scott was such an amazing photographer!! He was so professional, personable, and easy to work with. For our engagement photo session, it was really important for us to capture our photos in a spot that was very meaningful to us. This spot was on a secluded beach in Martha's Vineyard which Scott actually willingly took a ferry to get to. Throughout the whole process, he was so knowledgeable, responsive and enthusiastic. Many members of our wedding party actually commented on how energetic/hard working he is with such obvious passion for photography. Doing our first look photos in Faneuil hall, there were random people actually taking pictures of him taking pictures of us because he was doing whatever he could to get the best/most unique pictures of us. We are thrilled at the final products and absolutely love our pictures. We highly, highly recommend Scott for any photography needs. He's the best!

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Scott and his assistant were so wonderful. From the moment we met with Scott, he was so easy going and was able to really show us how passionate he is about his photography. Scott stayed with us for getting ready, while his assistant was with the groomsmen. Both of us had little drama moments – I couldn’t find my wallet at one point and my husband was having trouble with his tie! And Scott and his team were so calm and worked around some of that, using the time wisely. He really gets amazing candids, suggested an amazing place to do photos first (we got married Dec 1 and wanted some light!) We had amazing sunset photos. We also did a first look which I would suggest as we were done with photos and enjoyed our entire cocktail hour! We have some great ceremony shots, as well as rocking dance shots. If you are looking for a true professional, please choose Scott. Thank you Scott!

Profile Picture Sarah , 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Digital Files

Scott is amazing. We have only recieved some of the photos and already know we hired the perfect guy for the job. He took great, romantic, candid and creative shots that we know we can always look back on for the rest our lives. Thank you so much, Scott

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Scott was super easy! Scott always responded to our emails quickly and answered any questions we had. Scott and Katherine were very easy going and created a low stress environment! They were happy to do “first look” photos at our venue and had some great ideas! We felt like we got more than enough photos and they were all beautiful. Our families were thrilled with the photos as well. We felt like we got the standard posed photos with our families but also some more creative ones which was important to us! Scott and Katherine went above and beyond to get some great photos and always asked if we were comfortable to do certain shots. I feel like choosing a great photographer for your wedding day is the most important decision you will make for your wedding day and we couldn’t be happier with our pictures and wedding album!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

So amazing, so easy to work with, a lighting genius. Thanks to Scott we have the most beautifully artistic wedding photos we could have ever imagined (and engagement shots to match). Highly recommend working with him! He knew the grounds at our venue (Zukas) perfectly and could very easily guide us along. Absolute pleasure to work with, and we are very very pleased with the results. Thank you SO SO much, Scott!!!

Profile Picture abbie, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

So happy we chose Scott for our wedding day! From day one he was professional, responsive and kind. When we met him on our wedding day we were so happy to see how easy he was to work with and how well he kept things flowing. When we received all of our photos I was amazed to see how many beautiful photos there were. I'm very picky with photos and I literally fell in love with them all. He captured so many beautiful moments of the day as well as great photos of everyone enjoying themselves. We chose to have Scott make an album and I am so happy we did. With everything being on computers and cell phones these day it's really nice to have something to physically hold and look it. The prints are GORGEOUS and seeing them all laid out together in an album is something we are going to cherish forever. Thank you Scott for all of your hard and great work!!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Scott was an absolute pleasure to work with! Leading up to our big day he was incredibly organized, accommodating and responsive. On our wedding day he was punctual, easy to work with, creative and got all the shots I wanted. The post-wedding follow up was also topnotch - I received all the photos so quickly and they came out AMAZING!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/22/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, Scott made magic happen. It was really important to me to have results that were different from the usual. This is exactly what Scott provides. He has a truly unique eye and a knack for creating that special shot.
Scott was incredibly patient and professional with our family and friends. He makes everyone comfortable and has a way of getting a bunch of drunk 30 year olds to shut up and look beautiful while still having fun. Our portraits are perfect, and look completely different from anything we've seen. I would be sorely remiss in also mentioning his ability to wrangle our 3 yr old black lab throughout our engagement session, and capturing an array of fantastic shots with her on our wedding day.
We were very lucky to have Scott!

Photo for Metzger Studios Review - Did i mention he can fly?
Profile Picture User7223892, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

We are very happy we chose Scott as our wedding photographer. Scott was easy to work with leading up to the wedding day and answered all questions we had. Scott’s photographs are the perfect combination of the typical formal wedding pictures as well as more artistic photographs which are a great addition to the collection. Scott and his assistant were both very professional and made us feel comfortable being photographed. I can’t say enough about Scott and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Thank you!

Profile Picture Eric, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Scott and his assistant are the definition of the perfect wedding photographers. Their attention to detail, value they bring, creativity and photoshop ability are second to none. He is extremely responsive to email, very flexible, reasonably priced for all that you get and just a great person to work with. He made the day so incredibly easy for us, and got through all the formals really quick, allowing us to spend more time with our family and friends celebrating the day.

After the wedding was over, he posted links to our facebook pages so that our family and friends could see the photos less than a week after the wedding. It was a great touch to be able to share them all so quickly. Hiring Scott is by far and away one of the best wedding decisions we made.

Profile Picture Anthony, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Scott is one of the kindest, most passionate, and most talented photographers you’ll ever meet. With him, it’s MUCH more than pictures…it’s art. He has a very rare talent and you can see it whenever you look at any pictures he’s taken. When you are looking for a photographer to capture your big day, you’re look for someone who knows how to be at the right places at the right time, who takes stellar high quality pictures with great equipment, who understand a lot about what it takes to capture these moments perfectly, who is easy and fun to work with, and who truly and sincerely cares about you and what you want. You get all of that with Scott, and much more. From the moment we went to his studio to meet him, we could tell how talented he was and how much he cared. His studio is setup wonderfully for consultations and so you can see all of his work, both in albums and on the walls. He talks to you about how you want things to go, gets to know you, and answers anything you could possibly come up with for questions. He also is willing to answers questions or help out along the way and always has great ideas or resolutions for things. One big thing that is great, he has an extra shooter with him which he said is important because he can only capture so much in terms of angles or sides of your wedding as it’s happening. So he has a second shooter to capture the other side as well (for instance, he can get our reactions as we exchange rings, while his second shooter can get our families reactions). He’s extremely punctual and I’ve never seen someone so passionate or willing to go the extra length for a great shot. We got married at Zukas Hilltop Barn and Scott, in all seriousness, at times was laying down on his side in long grass or on his back in dirt JUST to get amazing shots. And yes, he had a suit on this whole time! That’s devotion. Our photos were absolutely breathtaking. He professionally touches up dozens of his/your favorite shots, and then fixes a ton of others

Profile Picture Adam, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Scott. He handled everything from day 1 with professionalism, and made the process so easy. On the day of the wedding, he arrived with his assistant Katherine and immediately got to shooting by 12pm. His level of creativity is out of this world, and he really made us feel special throughout our entire day. I really can't begin to thank him enough. We would recommend Metzger Studios 100% to anyone, without a doubt.

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

GREAT photos, despite being indoors for our entire wedding

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Scott Metzger is amazing! He did our save the dates as well as our wedding pictures. They pictures were outstanding. He blended right in, he perfected every shot. We would hire him a million times more if we could!

Profile Picture Jaisyn, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Scott was incredible! His services included a second photographer which allowed my husband and groomsmen to do their pictures before the ceremony, while my girls and I did ours. It really helped expedite getting us back to make the cocktail hour with a half hour to spare! Scott is also incredibly reliable- the day of my wedding was one of the worst winter storms we had in 2017. He showed up on time, and did not let the weather impact the day at all (including him getting soaking wet getting the shot we wanted in front of the hotel). Scott was not only the most reasonably priced option, he came very highly recommended from a friend. The pictures came out amazing! I am obnoxious and gave him a >150 picture shot list, all of which were done.

Profile Picture Kelley, 2/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Scott is an absolute pleasure to work with, and my husband and I are in love with our wedding photos! We were concerned that the formal portraits could get awkward, but Scott is a true professional and knows how to make you feel comfortable and loosen up. His presence at the reception is hardly noticed, but when he posted our photos we saw so many great shots that we didn't even know he took. One of my favorites is a photo of me going to greet my 95-year-old nana during our reception. He captures all the memories you could want; even the ones you didn't know you wanted! We absolutely give Scott the highest recommendation if you are looking for a fantastic wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Heather, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Scott was AMAZING to work with....In the initial search for a photographer, I was calling around to see what packages were offered, and he explained thoroughly from beginning to end his services and if the date was available. Although we live about an hour away, he always made sure our meetings were convienant for us. The day of, we had two photographers, one for the girls & one for the guys while getting ready. We had them both for 8 hours in total, and got the most beautiful pictures. Our wedding was in October of 2016, and even now we have still been in contact. One week after the wedding we had the online album of all of our pictures!! We unfortunately did not get around to picking out our pictures until Febuary, and Scott was just as understanding and laid back as the first day! Our whole family is beyond impressed with our album, and loved every minute of working with him.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Scott! My pictures are absolutely amazing, I continue to receive so many complements and multiple people have told me they are the BEST wedding pictures they have ever seen. Scott is fantastic to work with. He is very responsive and very flexible. He was familiar with the area where my wedding was (the Cruiseport in Gloucester), and was able to suggest a few places for outdoor formals. We ended up at Bass Rocks, and my pictures could not have turned out better. Not only is Scott's work amazing, but he is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He worked quickly and efficiently to get as many shots as possible, but I never felt rushed and his kind personality made me feel quite calm. Scott also got so many amazing reception shots, but I hardly remember even seeing him at the reception!
Scott was able to capture all of the traditional shots we wanted, but is also extremely creative. He was able to capture so many "artsy" shots that were just so different than any other wedding photos I have ever seen. This is party of the reason we selected Scott as our wedding photographer. He was at a bridal expo we attended, and after reviewing his portfolio we knew he would be amazing (and he did not disappoint).
We received a slide show with some of his favorite photos about 3 days later, I couldn't believe how quickly he was able to put it together. All of our proofs were up in less than two weeks, before we even returned from our honeymoon! We selected the photos for our album, and it came out incredible. All of his photos really told the story of the day, and captured all of the emotions from everyone. Scott's assistant Katherine is also amazing and wonderful to work with.
I promise Scott will exceed any expectations you might have! Thank you Scott for capturing all of our wedding day moments so perfectly, and being so kind and wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Gina, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. Scott was absolutely amazing to work with from our engagaement photos to our wedding day. He is very accommodating and flexible to work with. We got married at Harrington Farm, and he knew how to take advantage of the grounds for the most perfect photos. He always has great and creative ideas while shooting . We couldn’t be happier with our photos and loved working with Scott!! Thank you so much Scott!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow

My husband and I worked with Scott for our engagement and wedding photos. From the moment we met Scott we knew he would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. His prices were great and he made sure he did everything he could to work with us and make sure we got everything we wanted. For our engagement pictures Scott traveled with us to 2 separate locations for our pictures and did an amazing job. There was no rush and he took his time. His detail and talent is amazing. On our wedding day Scott was able to take all the photos we wanted and was always readily available. My husband and I were very lucky to have been able to work with Scott and would recommend him to anyone needing photography for any occasion! His pictures are beautiful and even a year after being married and we still go to Scott for picture development and pictures are ready in no time. Scott, Joe and I thank you so much for being our photographer on our special day! It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Scott was wonderful to work with! He did our engagement photos (down in the North End of Boston), and I have had several people comment that they were the best that they had ever seen! On our wedding day (we were married at a church and had our reception at the Beechwood Hotel), Scott was right on time and stayed until the very end. Him and his assistant Katherine were very good about putting us at ease and providing us with direction. I never worried about whether or not Scott was getting all of the shots that we desired, and Scott was great about capturing all of the most important and intimate moments of our day. He is a truly a top tier photographer, and his pricing was comparable to many of the other photographers that we had looked at. I would highly recommend him to anyone. You are guaranteed to have beautiful and timeless photos!

Profile Picture Robin, 8/19/16, 7 Reviews