Metzger Studios Reviews

224 | Lexington, MA

224 Reviews for Metzger Studios

Rd · Getting married on 07/01/2022

Best wedding photographer!

Scott is a passionate and a skilled photographer with an eye for details. He makes sure that lighting, angle, subjects and everything else in his frame are in perfect harmony to convey the emotions of the couple. He photographed both our engagement and wedding and both turned out much nicer than we could imagine. In both the events he came earlier than the starting time we proposed. Before we reached the site, he already checked the surroundings and set his camera in proper position. The best thing we loved about him that he continuously gave us nice direction that made us look really beautiful and candid at the same time in photos. We received a lot of compliments from our friends and families about our photos. We cannot give enough thanks to Scott for that. On top of the photography skill, Scott has an amazing personality and very good sense of humor, making it incredibly easier to work with him.

Sent on 02/07/2021
  • Rebecca

Rebecca G. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Our day was captured perfectly!

My husband and I decided to inquire Metzger Studios after being at a venue and looking through albums. Every album we were drawn to was from this studio. The first time we met Scott we knew he was the perfect person to capture our day. He had a great personality, an awesome sense of humor and his love for photography and his edits was evident. The day of the wedding Scott arrived on time and ready to start. He asked hair and makeup artists if he could adjust the lighting for a brief time to get some shots. He worked so quickly hair and makeup didn't miss a beat. The makeup artist actually said "I'm hiring him if I get married!" At the wedding Scott and his assistant continued to exceed our expectations. Scott seemed to have his eye on everyone at all times. He would approach my husband and I at the perfect moment, where we had a good amount of downtime, and steal us for some photos. He worked so efficiently I'm not sure if he was taking a hundred photos in 5 minutes or it just felt like 5 minutes! He is an incredibly talented photographer but also a genuinely great person!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/31/2020

New Years Eve Wedding!

Scott was our photographer for our New Year's Eve wedding. He was on time, attentive and SO creative. Most of the day he was a fly on the wall, he captured the most amazing moments of our day while barely being noticed! He paid close attention to detail and didn't miss any of our 'must-have' shots. It was New Year's Eve in New England and he had us out on the harbor for some amazing shots that we will cherish forever. We can't thank Scott enough for following all Covid safety precautions and giving us these great keepsakes of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 01/17/2021
  • Nicole

Nicole B. · Married on 12/31/2019

New Year’s Eve wedding

My husband and I got married this New Year’s Eve at the Cruiseport in Gloucester MA. Scott’s work by far exceeded all my expectations. I am constantly receiving rave comments about how
    my photos came out. I had many ideas of specific photos I was hoping for ex. family formals, pictures under the chandeliers and capturing the New Year’s Eve count down with confetti. Scott was extremely welcoming and open to all my ideas and went above and beyond to capture a moment whether climbing a ladder to get a large group shot or lying on the floor. I can’t say enough amazing things about Scott and his ability
    To capture such a memorial time in my life. I am so happy to have these photos for a life time to reminisce!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Sherry

Sherry A. · Married on 11/16/2019

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!

The best photographer ever!!! Scott was an absolutely amazing photographer for my wedding. For both the engagement photo shoot and the wedding, he made the photo shoots super easy and fun, made us feel comfortable, and always got the best lighting (even perfectly timed sunsets)! The photos came out absolutely beautiful - extremely professional and high-quality. We are SO happy to have these amazing photos to remember our wedding day, and highly recommend Scott to everyone!!!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Joanna · Married on 10/19/2019

Stellar photos, fun-loving photographer

Scott captured the day so beautifully. Not only does he have a great eye and imagination for the photos you pose for, his candid photos are out of this world! It is a great way for you to get the full 'picture' of everything that was going on during your wedding day. Our family and friends' personalities jumped out at us from the photography. Scott knows how to capture all of the right moments without being intrusive so you get to have an amazing day and can keep all of those beautiful memories for the rest of your life. Scott, as a professional, is very fun-loving and personable. He will feel more like a wedding guest than a vendor all while keeping everything entirely professional. My words shouldn't be what convinces you, however. Visit his website. The vibrant photography will win you over. If you aren't entirely sold, meet with Scott at his studio and his professionalism and knowledge will solidify your decision. It did for us. I had my deposit in the mail the day after meeting Scott. You will too. Trust me, you want someone that is this easy to work with on your big day.

Sent on 12/14/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!

Scott photographed my sisters wedding and the minute I saw her pictures I knew I wanted him to shoot mine! It took a few years to get to my wedding, but Scott’s photography was something I did not forget! Scott and his assistant Tim went above and beyond to get the shots we wanted. They were professional and so much fun to work with! We had a large bridal part and several locations for photographs. Scott and Tim traveled along with us and got the most beautiful shots. I highly recommend Metzger Studios, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget I. · Married on 10/05/2019

October 2019 Boston Wedding

I found Scott through two of my friends who had him as their wedding photographer. I was so impressed with how professional and talented he was and also loved the way their pictures looked. I knew when we got engaged and started planning our wedding that we would ask him to be a part of our wedding day too. We planned our Boston wedding from California, and then Ohio, and he was very easy to work with throughout the whole process leading up to our wedding.

On the day of our wedding, he was prompt, professional, thorough and captured all of the images we wanted on that day. He was even great about getting four separate photos of my husband and my maternal and paternal families (which I asked him to get that day). Getting four different, chatty and large groups of people to focus and smile is no easy task but he did amazing and my family all wanted copies.

He was also very prompt with editing the photos and getting them back to us shortly after our wedding. We had such a hard time narrowing photos to include in our album because he captured so many great ones!! When we finally narrowed it down, he turned them into a beautiful album that we will cherish for years to come.

The too long, don't read version is HIRE SCOTT FOR YOUR WEDDING, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/11/2020

Sabina · Married on 09/29/2019

Professional, fun, talented

Every choice for the wedding was important, but one of the most important decisions for us was the photographer. After all, the photographer has the immense responsibility to capture each special moment of your day so that you can cherish the memories forever. From the start, Scott impressed us with the quality of his photos. He explained his entire process from start to finish and was responsive, flexible, and transparent. It's evident that Scott really loves what he does - - he has a special eye for unique shots and perspectives and gets excited when he has a creative spark (which is often!). He and his assistant Tim were really fun to work with. On top of that, they goes the extra mile (like laying on the ground to get sunset photos of us). Scott returned the photos to us SO quickly and we were so impressed and beyond satisfied with them. Thank you for being our photographer!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2019

Best Photographers EVER!

Words can't express how thrilled my husband and I are for choosing Scott and his assistant Kathryn as our photographers. From the very beginning of reaching out to Scott with questions regarding pictures to our engagement shoot and wedding day- he was always so flexible, fun, and professional. We are extremely happy with the outcome and how our photos came out. Yes, we got married less than 3 weeks ago and our photos are already back! Scott's unique artistic work is superb. Not only is the quality what we loved but also how he and Kathryn made sure to capture all the photos we wanted. They are a laid back, easy going, and fun team to work with. Metzger studios makes you feel super comfortable where at times you will forget they are even there. Do not look any further! Save yourself the stress of comparing with other photographers and contemplating. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you Metzger studios for capturing the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Emily S. · Married on 09/07/2019

Just amazing!

Scott was UNBELIEVABLE! He and his partner/assistant, Kathryn, were extremely accommodating, professional, and really experts at their craft. They captured the most gorgeous shots and provided my husband and I with direction as needed while still getting photos of intimate, candid moments. It definitely is a long day, and both of them provided necessary humor and flexibility while working with our large wedding party. I could not recommend Metzger Studios enough— they are top notch. Thank you Scott and co.!!! You helped make my wedding a dream come true!!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Justine

Justine G. · Married on 08/24/2019

The greatest and so professional!

Scott and Metzger Studios were so incredibly great to work with! I trusted Scott from the beginning given all his years of experience and having been recommended to use him from a family friend. I loved his style of capturing more candid moments and his ability to get some really fun artistic pictures. He is also so reasonable price in a marketing that can feel inflated! On the day of the wedding, Scott was organized and ready to go. He corralled the bridal party and I didn't have to worry about organizing things myself. I was also able to send him a list ahead of time of shots I'd love to get and he made sure he got them all! The best too is after I got my pictures back there were soo many amazing shots from us on the dance floor or elsewhere that I didn't even know Scott had got - it was like he was a ghost just snapping pics unbeknownst to me which I loved because while it's fun to stop and take pic you don't always want to be inundated with that on your day! He was just so flexible and amenable to whatever I needed. I highly recommend him! He'll add such professionalism, help and fun to your day! :)

Sent on 04/30/2020

Jamie · Married on 08/16/2019

Perfection

Scott and his assistant were wonderful. He was prompt with getting our pictures back to us and everyone who has seen them just say how beautiful they are. I don't know how I'm going to pick out roughly 70 pictures for a photo album!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Lucianna

Lucianna S. · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely stunning photography

My husband and I got married on 7/27/19 at The Villa at Ridder Country Club in Bridgewater, MA. Our ceremony was at the Taxiarchae Archangels Greek Orthodox Church in Watertown, MA. Scott and his team were great! As Scott had previously filmed at both of these locations, we were in the best of hands possible. He knew the best locations for all photos at both locations and the best angles. He was one of the absolute highlights of our wedding day! He was very prompt and responsive throughout the planning process. His photos are absolutely stunning. His passion for photography is evident in his pictures and how he took the photos. We had several wedding party members comment on his efficiency and passion. We loved having Scott as our photographer and we highly recommend his services!!!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 07/24/2019

Captured the essence of the day

I was married on March 14, 2020 and the complete uncertainty about the day and the minute by minute changes that were happening with coronavirus absolutely put a very strange feeling on the day, but Scott was incredibly professional and I'm so thankful and appreciative of his being there among the start of weirdness!

I was absolutely a bride that did not want to spend by day posing and was most interested in his unbelievable candid photos! The photos he took of our day are so much fun to look at because they complete capture the feeling and emotion and fun of the day. He of course managed to take the formal photos that I was less focused on (but I surely would regret not having) and they were beautiful - many others were so creative and images I didn't even know I wanted! I still can't get enough of looking back at everyone on the dance floor and the joy and energy of the day. We didn't have a videographer, but I almost feel like I didn't need it because those pictures really bring me back - and are so much fun to look at while we're spending so much time at home!

Sent on 11/05/2020
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 07/20/2019

The kind of photographer that lays on burning asphalt to get the perfect wedding shot...

Scott and his team (Catherine)...

What a PLEASURE it was to work with these two. I found out about Scott's work through a very close family friend of mine that got married in 2015. Ever since, I became obsessed with his work. So once Chris proposed, Scott was the first vendor I booked after the venue. And it was one of the best decisions we made when planning for this wedding.

As luck would have it, our wedding happened on the hottest day of the year (and the century), and the venue's AC was broken. Despite this, Scott and his team worked our event that was both long and unbearable, and far from home (we live in Western Massachusetts, 1.5 hours away from Boston) without a single complaint. If anything, I yelled at Scott to please go get himself some shorts and a t-shirt to change into and lovingly threatening him with enough food and water to drink 😂. For some outdoor shots, he even laid down on burning asphalt (literally) in long sleeves and pants. They were pleasant, professional, always smiling, and so creative. I'm so excited to see our pictures soon!!! Thank you for making a difficult day a lot more fun and full of giggles.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

Creative edge

Scott was amazing!! He put a spin on the photos to make them so much more creative and beautiful! He kept us moving so we didn't take up half the night just for photos. Before we were even back from our honeymoon we were getting sneak peeks. I've received so many compliments already on how beautiful our photos are. He's not your typical formal wedding photographer (he could be if you asked) but he's so much more! He knew the area of Gloucester better than i did and knew the right spots to go to get amazing photos. I trusted him 100%! I Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Michael

Michael D. · Married on 05/25/2019

Will Give You Beautiful Work, and be a Pleasure to Work With!

First, let me start off by saying that when it comes to photography, I'm extremely picky, and we reviewed so many portfolios before coming upon Scott's work.

Seeing the work he had done for others, he definitely seemed to be the one for us, but you might wonder if his work for you will be at the level of his portfolio displayed online... and I can say this without hesitation: it will be.

Scott and his assistant Katherine were an absolute joy to work with and the results of their work were amazing, and absolutely everything we'd hoped for. It's saying something when your guests comment on how easy and fun it is to work with your wedding photographers, and we heard that a lot. He was the epitome of professionalism, and a lot of fun to work with. He's someone we'd definitely love to work with again to photograph our future milestones.

From the initial meeting, to the discussion on packages, to the day of the wedding, every step was just top notch and exactly what we hoped for.

I can't recommend Scott enough for your wedding. Look at this photos, let him know what you want yours to include, if anyone can deliver 110%, it will be Scott.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

5 Star Wedding Photographer!

Scott of Metzger Studios is simply amazing; he has such an eye for wonderful and creative photography and really knows his craft! Out of all the available photographers that we could have chosen, we absolutely know that we selected the right photographer for our wedding by going with Metzger Studios! We first saw Scott’s work while on a venue tour and we were immediately drawn to the images. Ever since our first email and meeting with Scott, he has been timely in his responses and always willing to help answer any questions we had along the way. Early on in this process, we had the opportunity to do an engagement shoot and we we’re thrilled with the results. During both the engagement shoot and the wedding, Scott made the whole photography process so comfortable and enjoyable and the results resemble that! He was very clear with the particular shots he was taking and was always communicating with us throughout the night to make sure we were using the opportunity for particular shots we wanted and that we were happy with the way things were going. Also accompanying Scott on our wedding day was his assistant Reinaldo who was wonderful. Scott stayed through the reception and captured key moments of the night as well as candid’s that show the celebration and enjoyment that not only we were experiencing, but also our family and friends in attendance! Scott and his assistant, Reinaldo, were able to get wonderful photography without being intrusive and photographed in an almost behind the scenes fashion that didn’t impair the view of any of our guests. Following the wedding, we were so excited to get our proofs and less than a week later, our blog and slideshow was up to give us a sneak peak and then only a short time after that, all of our proofs were live—and we are just so grateful to have wonderful photography that captured our special day! Besides our satisfaction with the results, we have received nothing but positive feedback from our guests. We are so excited to get our album as well as our prints and canvases to be able to display! We are beyond thankful to have found Metzger Studios for our wedding photography and for Scott’s professionalism and personable nature! We are happy to give the highest recommendation for Metzger Studios!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Allie

Allie B. · Married on 05/11/2019

Loved working wiht Scott!

Scott and Kathryn were great to have as photographers on our wedding day! Scott was able to orchestrate a 13 person wedding party and ensure that we got the shots that we wanted. He paid attention to what my husband and I were looking for in wedding photos and delivered. Scott and Kathryn worked seamlessly together and knew what each other needed at any point in the day! Scott even stayed an extra hour and a half during the reception because he was enjoying photographing the dance floor. Both Scott and Kathryn went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Allison · Married on 04/27/2019

Picture Perfect

Scott and Kathryn perfectly captured our special day from beginning to end. We were truly amazed with some of the photos they were able to get (we're not particularly photogenic!). There was a great balance of portrait and candid photos. Scott seemed to be able to get every shot, but was never in the way. He's very accommodating to any specific requests and works extremely quickly. We had a few surprise moments during our wedding and every one of them was captured as if it had been planned. We have gotten several compliments on how breathtaking our wedding photos are- some shots look like they were taken out of a movie!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Megan

Megan C. · Married on 04/13/2019

Best decision we made!

We could not be happier that we chose Scott as the photographer for our wedding. Scott and Kathryn did an amazing job with everything and were so professional and kind throughout the day. In the months leading up to our wedding day, Scott was timely in responding to emails and communicating about the timeline for the day. We got our pictures within twp weeks of the wedding date and loved every single one of them. Scott knew just the right shots to get to make everything perfect. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Krista F. · Married on 04/06/2019

The Best!!!

We found Scott through our venue. Our wedding coordinator at the venue raved about him, and after our first meeting we knew it was going to be him! We had no other experience with having a photographer follow us around all day so we were not sure what to expect. Well if we did have a expectation he and Katherine ( his second shooter) were amazing. They took all the shots we wanted and it was a nice little break from everyone when they pulled us aside to take some extra photos. They stood in the background, but anytime I turned around with a group of people they were there to take a picture. We even had our dog come for a few shots and not only was he good with him, but he got the most amazing picture with him! Scott stayed all night and one point I looked at him and said oh your still here and he said these are the black mail photos for later and he was right! We so many fantastic photos!! I can not recommend him more we have been to many wedding since ours in April, and I have to say I haven't seen a more attentive photographer. Thank you Scott! We now have some fantastic photos to last a lifetime, and a photographer for any future needs!!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle R. · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing!

Scott and Kathryn did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding!! We just got our pictures back online (extremely fast turnaround time - less than 2 weeks!), and we are obsessing over them. Scott has such a great eye for cool, creative and unexpected shots that all my wedding guests can't stop talking about. From start to finish - engagement photos last June to our December 15th wedding - Scott was professional, friendly, prompt with e-mails and calls, and so informative about the whole process. Scott and Kathryn were at our wedding from 1pm for getting ready shots up until the very end of the evening (close to 11pm!). Scott will literally roll around on the ground to get the perfect shot! We got every shot we wanted and more. I would recommend Metzger Studios to anyone! When your day is over, all you have left are the photos, and we are so glad we chose Scott to capture them!!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

In my opinion, a photographer is one of the most important parts of a
    wedding. The day goes by so fast for the bride and groom that they need
    these photos to look back on. I found Scott at expo and I am so glad I did!
    My husband and I were blown away just at the consultation we had with him!
    He truly has a passion for what he does and will do everything to make sure
    it is exactly what you want for you special day. He made sure that I had
    everything I had envisioned, and was more than accommodating. Never once
    did he rush us and always had a smile on his face, you can tell he truly
    enjoyed his time photographing my wedding day. His other photographer was
    just as amazing and you can tell the two of them work well together making
    sure every important moment is captured. The images he captured are
    absolutely beautiful, are of the highest quality and affordable. I could go
    on and on with how happy I was with Scott and would absolutely recommend
    him to everyone. I could not have been happier!

Thank you so much Scott for such beautiful photos!

Becca and Rob Harris