Metro DC DJs & Entertainment Reviews

67 | Herndon, VA

67 Reviews for Metro DC DJs & Entertainment

67 Metro DC DJs & Entertainment Reviews

Rachel · Married on 04/29/2017

Jarrod at Metro DC DJs & Entertainment is the best! He was so easy to work with, and my husband and I loved meeting with him to discuss music and what the flow of our wedding would look like. He was very responsive, and professional, and we received so many compliments on what a great DJ he was! Our guests loved the song selection, and thought he was a really great MC for the night. They also have this great website, where you can pick all of the songs you'd like played at your event, which really made the process so easy. We cannot recommend them enough for any event you're hosting!

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2016

Jarrod is the best DJ around. He did an amazing job at our wedding and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Courtney, you and Grady are a wonderful couple and it was an honor to be the DJ on your wedding day. It was a wonderful day and I look forward to following you two for many years.

Joann · Married on 10/09/2016

Jarrod Wronski was outstanding! Our guests were on the dance floor all night and the party rocked! The website for planning the music and timeline for the evening was super and so easy to use. Jarrod is a pro and was able to coordinate the evening for us so that everything ran smoothly. We would definitely contact MetroDC DJs for our future music needs and recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Joann, it was a wonderful night and it looked like everyone had a great time. It's always fun when you have so much in common with the couple and their families. Thank you for the kind words and look forward to entertaining you all again in the future!

Andrew · Married on 10/08/2016

What can I not say!? Jarrod was awesome! He MC'd our wedding with such class and professionalism. Him and his sound equipment kept people moving and on the dance floor. The lighting he provided was a great finishing touch to the lighting that was provided. He was able to keep everything on time and his website planning made our planning way easier. I don't think we could have had a better DJ than Jarrod. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Andrew, you two were wonderful and had a lot of great ideas for your wedding day. They're going to influence others and the venue did a wonderful job of helping to make everything come together. Thank you for asking me to entertain you, your family, and your friends!

DJ Jarrod from Metro DC DJs did an amazing job at our wedding. He made sure that all events during the reception transitioned smoothly and had everyone rocking out on the dance floor! He kept in contact with us through the time we signed him until the wedding day to make sure all of our needs were met. Lastly, the fees were very affordable, especially for the high quality service we received. Highly recommend!

Patrick · Married on 04/16/2016

OMG was this guy Amazing! Jarrod and I got along from the start. He was the first DJ I spoke to and I pulled my wife aside and said we have to use him. We booked it right then and there. When something came up with the event date, he was flexible and able to change it to the new date the moment I called him. The website he uses is simply great. It was very self-explanatory and straightforward. He came out and had dinner with us twice to go over our wedding which was incredibly helpful and something I didn't expect to be offered. He was almost always available to talk, and got back to me as soon as he could when he wasn't available. The day of the event, he showed up on time which is something that is very important to me and got to work immediately. He mixed together a couple soundtracks for us which sounded great and were blended smoothly. His MC skills were certainly on point. He was fun, exciting, and interactive with everyone. We had many changes to the scheduled events during the wedding and he took them and ran with it. I can not give him enough praise. I am soooo glad that I choose him and I plan to call upon him in the future!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Patrick. From the moment we met at the bridal show, I knew it was going to be a great wedding and wanted to be part of it. You understood a lot of the details and had obviously done your homework ahead of the show when it came to what you wanted. Meeting with you two made the original and final planning that much easier to make everything go smoothly for you on your wedding day. Plus your unique touches on the wedding and reception made it a day that everyone who attended will remember.

Erica · Married on 12/31/2015

Jarrod was a fantastic DJ! He was responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding and during the event he was calm, flexible and played GREAT mixes. Love, love, love the way we could create our playlist online - using the database was so easy. I was nervous about finding a DJ we could trust with our celebration and Jarrod was perfect.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Erica, thank you for asking me to DJ your wedding reception and New Year's Eve party. You two did an amazing job putting together a night that will be long remembered and it was an honor to entertain your guests. There were many unique features to your wedding that had a lot of people saying, "What are they going to do next?" It was a terrific night and thank you again for have us help create your wedding day dreams.

Alicia · Married on 09/04/2015

Jarrod was perfect! He met with us and made sure we were all on the same page. Throughout the night he made sure we knew when things were taking place and what our guests were requesting. He definitely provided some sanity to me, the bride which was much appreciated. We loved the interaction with our guests as well, just as we asked!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Alicia, it was a pleasure DJing for you and your now bigger family. They had great taste in music and that helped to keep the energy up all night. Your infectious smiles brought sunshine on a little bit of a cloudy day and your guests were glued to the dance floor. Best of luck to you two and please don't hesitate to call us again.

We hired Metro DC DJs & Entertainment to DJ and Emcee our wedding. We worked specifically with Jarrod, and he was simply phenomenal. He was always easy to get in contact with, and receptive to our needs. We have very eclectic and widespread tastes in music, and he was able to find uncommon songs on very short notice. He was super flexible with our busy schedules and never said no.

Metro DC DJs has an online portal for clients to create playlists and do-not-play lists, which is followed very closely. Jarrod, being extensively experienced in the wedding business, was even kind enough to aid us in planning out the schedule and order of events for our reception, since we were planning it ourselves.

We opted to have him Emcee the event as well, and he did an absolutely wonderful job of engaging the crowd and inspiring dancing and even some impromptu events.

Jarrod is an incredibly dedicated and hardworking guy, and you can tell he just loves what he does. He loves weddings, sports events, and other functions. He loves meeting people and socializing. He's a fun guy. Truth be told, I'm honestly amazed by his work-ethic. He DJed and Emceed our wedding, on his feet the whole time, with medical walking boots on BOTH FEET! He had a broken ankle and a broken foot, but still made the time to meet with us several times leading up to the event, and never once made any complaints or excuses. He's extremely professional, but very laid-back and just fun to deal with.

Pricing was very reasonable for the quality of his work. We opted for the full package, minus the gobo, which included uplighting and night-club atmosphere type lighting as well. Are there less expensive options available? Yes. Are there more expensive options available? Yes. Do you get the absolute best value for your money with Metro DC DJs? ABSOLUTELY! They will absolutely be my first line for any future events that I need DJ/Entertainment. I would absolutely recommend that you give them a shot!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. You wedding was a unique and fun wedding where you put so many personal touches on everything, you truly made it your own. The playlists made it easy to create the atmosphere you wanted and your choice of the venue made it fun to create the nightclub theme. Even getting to choose a couple of songs for you, the smiles still come back when I hear those songs. We need to plan a 5-year anniversary and have an even bigger party!

Karen · Married on 06/20/2015

My daughter's wedding was perfect! In large part due to Jarod's organization, hard work and attention to detail. We were all thrilled with the outcome!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Karen, it was a pleasure getting to work with you and your family and look forward to doing it again in the future. Your guests were terrific and Sweet Yonder did a fantastic job, even with the shift indoors! Thank you again for choosing us and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!

Sarah · Married on 06/20/2015

Jarrod was an AMAZING dj. There was a power outage for a few seconds because of the storm, but he kept the audience engaged and humored when the power came back on by playing hilarious songs.. "When the lights go out." I am so happy Jarrod was able to play for our wedding and make it such a memorable day! He came early and also played at the ceremony and he coordinated with our wedding singer. It was such a fantastic day and I can't say enough great things about Jarrod's expertise, professionalism and eagerness to please the bride :)

Sent on 06/28/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

If there was ever a time for me to be able to use some of the situational music I'm know for, it was for your wedding!! The rain, the lights going out, just allowed for too many situational songs. And your guests were the perfect crowd to get the little touches. Loved the standing ovation for playing Journey's "Lights" when the lights came back on. So many highlights from this wedding, it's hard to find a dozen!!! Congratulations and thank you for asking me to DJ your wedding.

Jarrod did a great job! He is affordable, listens to your needs for the event, and is very reliable. We trusted him with our big day and he was there on time. He did a very good job of reading the atmosphere to juggle all the songs we love and wanted to hear.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

This was a fun wedding reception held in a unique atmosphere. Everything about the facility screamed elegance, but the brick walls and columns and high ceilings had us worried about echo. There wasn't any. The guests were dancing to everything and had a great time. It was an honor to be the DJ for this wonderful wedding reception.

Brandon · Married on 04/24/2015

My sister just got married, about six months after our wedding. While attending her wedding, I couldn't count the number of guests who came up to us and complemented us on our DJ, Jarrod from Metro DC DJs. We hired Jarred after reading reviews for Metro DC online, and we could not have been happier. By far, the most compliments we got from our wedding guests were for our DJ. He handled the music during the ceremony, the dinner, and the reception, as well as all of the lighting (which is a HUGE convenience and money saver).

Months before the wedding began, Jarrod met with us in order to get an idea of the kind of reception we were planning and what kind of wedding we wanted. He took note of the kind of music we wanted (and didn't want), how we wanted the wedding to be structured, and just about every other detail you could think of. A couple weeks before the wedding, you meet again to go over the more minute details of the wedding. Jarrod took careful note of exactly how we wanted everything to play out, and he even had great suggestions about topics other than DJing and music that we would not have thought of without him. For example, he suggested that my wife do a fake bouquet toss right before the real one so that the photographer could both get a picture of her throwing the flower and also get a picture of the ladies receiving the flowers.

Jarrod also did an incredible job introducing the wedding party, pre-luding the speeches, and explaining the Tea Ceremony (a Chinese wedding tradition) to our guests. He was witty and engaging, and many of our guests commented on his sense of humor.

Ultimately, I didn't know what to expect when I was interviewing DJs for our wedding, but I feel that we could not have made a better selection. We have a few friends who are in the process of planning their own DC weddings, and we have convinced them all to go with DC DJs.

Greg · Married on 03/29/2015

Jarrod and Metro DC DJs was by far one of the best vendor choices we made for our wedding. Jarrod took the time to get to know us and what our musical styles were and custom fit those to our wedding. He even went above and beyond with a custom baseball themed bridal party intro. We couldn't have asked for better services throughout the entire evening! All of our guests raved about the reception and the music.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Greg, thank you for choosing us to DJ your wedding. Your guests had some great requests and kept the dance floor packed all night. The eclectic mix of your musical choices was fun to work with, and getting to "announce" baseball-style again was fun.

Jarrod was the DJ at our daughter's wedding and did a fantastic job! He kept the dance floor packed all night playing all the songs that my daughter and her husband had planned with him. His sound system and lights are top quality. I would highly recommend him for any event that you may need a DJ or Emcee.

Ross · Married on 04/26/2014

DJ Jarrod was nothing short of fantastic while working with us! He drove out of his way to meet us and was very flexible given his already busy schedule. He was very thorough and detailed in explaining how things would go and the site he provided us to help him out better was very useful and made things much easier on both of us as far as picking music/songs for different points of the evening. Our guests had a great time, loved the music, and we all greatly appreciated his enthusiasm and entertainment throughout our reception. We could not have been happier with the experience and working with Jarrod and would most definitely recommend him for any event!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Ross, thank you for having me DJ your wedding. It's was a pleasure getting to know you and your now wife and hope to see you two again in the future. We seem to travel in the same packs so I have the feeling you'll be enjoying us again. Your wedding night was awesome, and you couldn't have asked for a better setting, weather or ending to the night.

Kristen · Married on 04/26/2014

Jarrod was amazing! He really kept our wedding guests moving on the dance floor! We had a smaller wedding and were concerned that the dance floor would be empty and we would have trouble getting our older crowd up and moving; we had no such problem! Everyone danced the night away and had such a great time. Jarrod really rocked our wedding!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Kristen, your wedding will always stand out because of the special choreographed first dance you shared, and the fireworks at the end of the night. You couldn't have planned a better ending and it was a great pleasure to be the DJ for your wedding and reception.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment is is a outstanding DJ company under Jarrod. Jarrod not only played current music, but also gauged the crowed quite well to play an eclectic mix of music that kept up the energy of the reception. He has a great personality and keeps the party going, he puts the cares and concerns of the customer as priority #1.

Jarrod worked our wedding and we still have people talking about his work two weeks after the fact. He is very outgoing, flexible and respectful to the wants and needs of the customer. Look nowhere else, he's the best!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Ashley, your family and friends were having such a great time, they even continued dancing to the "calm down" music at the end of the night. They didn't want to leave and it was an honor to say that I was there for your wedding. Having seen you and your brothers grow over the years, I was so proud to see you and Ryan get married, and to entertain at your reception. He got his big "introduction" and you had the party of the year!

Robin · Married on 10/05/2013

Jarrod was great! He played every song we had on our list and even played a song that my husband had recorded for our first dance!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Robin, it was a pleasure working with you and your family. You were right about the site being a little different, though it worked really well and was really unique. To find out that Jackson Browne performed at the church you were married in was interesting. This was a truly memorable reception in that you could not tell where one family ended and the other began, everyone seemed like one big family the entire day. Thank you for allowing me to entertain you, your new husband, and your guests!

Gina · Married on 08/10/2013

I could not have imagined having a better DJ at my wedding. From the time we decided to pick Jarrod as the DJ I was completely at ease. He kept in contact with us during the whole planning process, and the website was so easy to use to help with planning the event. You can tell he loves what he does because he is so amazing at it. I was so comfortable on my wedding day because I knew Jarrod had everything under control. Everything was timed perfectly and everyone had so much fun. All of my guests commented on what a great job he did!

Thank you again for everything. You truly are the best DJ around town :)
    I can not say enough great things about Jarrod!! He is absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Gina, having a bride and groom who love to have a great time is always great. Getting to watch your husband be the dance starter, well that's a rarity! Your descriptions about the facility really made it easy since we had to use two complete set-ups for cocktail hour and the ballroom. The one thing that I'll always remember, was watching you two take the plunge...literally...at the end of the night into the hotel pool!

Jeremy · Married on 07/18/2013

Jarrod was excellent. He spent time with us prior to the event to make sure we had everything ready for our big day. On that day, he was excellent about keeping everyone moving and making sure we didn't miss anything even though we were getting pulled in all directions (photos, guests, etc).

Sent on 09/18/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Jeremy, it's always tough when you're getting pulled from all directions and especially when it's hot outside. You and your lovely wife were the picture of grace throughout everything and it was an honor to be part of your wedding day.

Allison · Married on 05/18/2013

Jarrod at Metro DC DJs is GREAT!!! We had good, fun planning sessions to go over all of the details of our music - nothing was forgotten. The day of the wedding, we couldn't have had better music and fun from Jarrod! The guests at the reception danced all night and told us at the end of the night "that was the best music at a wedding!". We also used some of his uplighting to accent our bar area - looked great!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Allison, thank you for the kind words. Your wedding was great and your guests were a really great group to entertain. You knew exactly what you wanted and conveyed each idea to me so there wasn't any guesswork to be done. The idea of the bar area completely uplit gave the room that feel you wanted and the flow through the whole night was great. Thank you for asking me to be your DJ on your special day and I wish the two of you the best of luck in your marriage!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/27/2013

Jarrod was the announcer for my husband's hockey games when he we younger. When we set the date for the wedding, he knew who to call to be our DJ. He did a wonderful job for both our ceremony and reception. I would recommend Metro DC DJs to anyone.

Sent on 05/02/2013

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Brittany, it was an honor to be part of your wedding day. Chase loves you and always smiles when talking about you. All of us wish you the many great and happy years of marriage!

DJ was awesome! Had a great form developed to help us plan what songs we needed; followed the play & do not play lists (even though groomsmen tried to have do not play songs played); was extremely easy to get in touch with. Extensive song list, and was told if they didn't have it, would gladly find it. We used Metro DC DJs for ceremony & reception music, as well as uplighting (which was absolutely beautiful - really added to the room without making it look like a carnival). DJ was great MC, did well with a mixed crowd of kids, adults, and older crowd. Would highly recommend to anyone else. With Metro DC DJs, this was the one piece of our wedding we truly didn't have to worry about.

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2012

Jarrod has providied DJ and sports announcing services for our family's events for quite some time now, and I can definitely say that he is the best of the best! His package included uplighting and a personalized monogrammed light for the wall of our reception room, both of which were absolutely beautiful. He was great to work with and personalized our playlist according to our musical tastes. And all his announcements (cake cutting, first dance, etc.) were timed out perfectly. I have nothing but good things to say about our experience. Thanks Jarrod for helping to make our special day a success!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment's reply:

Lauren, thank you for the review, it is greatly appreciated and we were very happy with how the decorations turned out for you! Your guests (especially your brother) were all great to entertain, you know you had a great night when nobody wants to leave. Thank you again for choosing me and Metro DC DJs.