67 Reviews for Metro DC DJs & Entertainment

Sound/PA System (3)
One Event Per Day (2)
45 Metro DC DJs & Entertainment Reviews

0.5

If you are in the market for a DJ, DO NOT USE Metro DC DJ’s ! I hired them for my wedding and gave them a $500 deposit. Throughout the course of our dealings, my contact there, Jarrod Wronski, went MIA not once but twice for lengthy periods of time. The first time, he didn’t respond to multiple emails for 30 days. When I finally heard from him, I told him that just wasn’t acceptable and he assured me it wouldn’t happen again. It happened again 10 days before our wedding and I fired him. Now he won’t refund our deposit because “we canceled 10 days before our wedding and his cancelation policy says we have to cancel 14 days or more prior to the event in order to get a refund.” Wait, what?? You weren’t responding to me 14 days prior to our event … and had you been, I wouldn’t have fired you!
So I explained to him that word of mouth can be both good and bad for business depending on the reviews you get, and I assured him that my negative reviews of his service on Social Media will far exceed our $500 deposit in lost business for him.

Thank goodness we found and hired John Howard with A2Z Music Factory. John and his team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect with added services to enhance our experience. Added services that Jarrod doesn't even offer. Overall it was a Win! Win! We didn't use Jarrod and we had the pleasure of John's team by our side!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jarrod at Metro DC DJs & Entertainment is the best! He was so easy to work with, and my husband and I loved meeting with him to discuss music and what the flow of our wedding would look like. He was very responsive, and professional, and we received so many compliments on what a great DJ he was! Our guests loved the song selection, and thought he was a really great MC for the night. They also have this great website, where you can pick all of the songs you'd like played at your event, which really made the process so easy. We cannot recommend them enough for any event you're hosting!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Jarrod is the best DJ around. He did an amazing job at our wedding and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jarrod Wronski was outstanding! Our guests were on the dance floor all night and the party rocked! The website for planning the music and timeline for the evening was super and so easy to use. Jarrod is a pro and was able to coordinate the evening for us so that everything ran smoothly. We would definitely contact MetroDC DJs for our future music needs and recommend them without reservation.

Profile Picture Joann, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What can I not say!? Jarrod was awesome! He MC'd our wedding with such class and professionalism. Him and his sound equipment kept people moving and on the dance floor. The lighting he provided was a great finishing touch to the lighting that was provided. He was able to keep everything on time and his website planning made our planning way easier. I don't think we could have had a better DJ than Jarrod. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Jarrod from Metro DC DJs did an amazing job at our wedding. He made sure that all events during the reception transitioned smoothly and had everyone rocking out on the dance floor! He kept in contact with us through the time we signed him until the wedding day to make sure all of our needs were met. Lastly, the fees were very affordable, especially for the high quality service we received. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

OMG was this guy Amazing! Jarrod and I got along from the start. He was the first DJ I spoke to and I pulled my wife aside and said we have to use him. We booked it right then and there. When something came up with the event date, he was flexible and able to change it to the new date the moment I called him. The website he uses is simply great. It was very self-explanatory and straightforward. He came out and had dinner with us twice to go over our wedding which was incredibly helpful and something I didn't expect to be offered. He was almost always available to talk, and got back to me as soon as he could when he wasn't available. The day of the event, he showed up on time which is something that is very important to me and got to work immediately. He mixed together a couple soundtracks for us which sounded great and were blended smoothly. His MC skills were certainly on point. He was fun, exciting, and interactive with everyone. We had many changes to the scheduled events during the wedding and he took them and ran with it. I can not give him enough praise. I am soooo glad that I choose him and I plan to call upon him in the future!

Profile Picture Patrick, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod was a fantastic DJ! He was responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding and during the event he was calm, flexible and played GREAT mixes. Love, love, love the way we could create our playlist online - using the database was so easy. I was nervous about finding a DJ we could trust with our celebration and Jarrod was perfect.

Profile Picture Erica, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod was perfect! He met with us and made sure we were all on the same page. Throughout the night he made sure we knew when things were taking place and what our guests were requesting. He definitely provided some sanity to me, the bride which was much appreciated. We loved the interaction with our guests as well, just as we asked!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/4/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Metro DC DJs & Entertainment to DJ and Emcee our wedding. We worked specifically with Jarrod, and he was simply phenomenal. He was always easy to get in contact with, and receptive to our needs. We have very eclectic and widespread tastes in music, and he was able to find uncommon songs on very short notice. He was super flexible with our busy schedules and never said no.

Metro DC DJs has an online portal for clients to create playlists and do-not-play lists, which is followed very closely. Jarrod, being extensively experienced in the wedding business, was even kind enough to aid us in planning out the schedule and order of events for our reception, since we were planning it ourselves.

We opted to have him Emcee the event as well, and he did an absolutely wonderful job of engaging the crowd and inspiring dancing and even some impromptu events.

Jarrod is an incredibly dedicated and hardworking guy, and you can tell he just loves what he does. He loves weddings, sports events, and other functions. He loves meeting people and socializing. He's a fun guy. Truth be told, I'm honestly amazed by his work-ethic. He DJed and Emceed our wedding, on his feet the whole time, with medical walking boots on BOTH FEET! He had a broken ankle and a broken foot, but still made the time to meet with us several times leading up to the event, and never once made any complaints or excuses. He's extremely professional, but very laid-back and just fun to deal with.

Pricing was very reasonable for the quality of his work. We opted for the full package, minus the gobo, which included uplighting and night-club atmosphere type lighting as well. Are there less expensive options available? Yes. Are there more expensive options available? Yes. Do you get the absolute best value for your money with Metro DC DJs? ABSOLUTELY! They will absolutely be my first line for any future events that I need DJ/Entertainment. I would absolutely recommend that you give them a shot!

Profile Picture User5505361, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

My daughter's wedding was perfect! In large part due to Jarod's organization, hard work and attention to detail. We were all thrilled with the outcome!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod was an AMAZING dj. There was a power outage for a few seconds because of the storm, but he kept the audience engaged and humored when the power came back on by playing hilarious songs.. "When the lights go out." I am so happy Jarrod was able to play for our wedding and make it such a memorable day! He came early and also played at the ceremony and he coordinated with our wedding singer. It was such a fantastic day and I can't say enough great things about Jarrod's expertise, professionalism and eagerness to please the bride :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod did a great job! He is affordable, listens to your needs for the event, and is very reliable. We trusted him with our big day and he was there on time. He did a very good job of reading the atmosphere to juggle all the songs we love and wanted to hear.

Profile Picture User5466859, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My sister just got married, about six months after our wedding. While attending her wedding, I couldn't count the number of guests who came up to us and complemented us on our DJ, Jarrod from Metro DC DJs. We hired Jarred after reading reviews for Metro DC online, and we could not have been happier. By far, the most compliments we got from our wedding guests were for our DJ. He handled the music during the ceremony, the dinner, and the reception, as well as all of the lighting (which is a HUGE convenience and money saver).

Months before the wedding began, Jarrod met with us in order to get an idea of the kind of reception we were planning and what kind of wedding we wanted. He took note of the kind of music we wanted (and didn't want), how we wanted the wedding to be structured, and just about every other detail you could think of. A couple weeks before the wedding, you meet again to go over the more minute details of the wedding. Jarrod took careful note of exactly how we wanted everything to play out, and he even had great suggestions about topics other than DJing and music that we would not have thought of without him. For example, he suggested that my wife do a fake bouquet toss right before the real one so that the photographer could both get a picture of her throwing the flower and also get a picture of the ladies receiving the flowers.

Jarrod also did an incredible job introducing the wedding party, pre-luding the speeches, and explaining the Tea Ceremony (a Chinese wedding tradition) to our guests. He was witty and engaging, and many of our guests commented on his sense of humor.

Ultimately, I didn't know what to expect when I was interviewing DJs for our wedding, but I feel that we could not have made a better selection. We have a few friends who are in the process of planning their own DC weddings, and we have convinced them all to go with DC DJs.

Profile Picture Brandon, 4/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod and Metro DC DJs was by far one of the best vendor choices we made for our wedding. Jarrod took the time to get to know us and what our musical styles were and custom fit those to our wedding. He even went above and beyond with a custom baseball themed bridal party intro. We couldn't have asked for better services throughout the entire evening! All of our guests raved about the reception and the music.

Profile Picture Greg, 3/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jarrod was the DJ at our daughter's wedding and did a fantastic job! He kept the dance floor packed all night playing all the songs that my daughter and her husband had planned with him. His sound system and lights are top quality. I would highly recommend him for any event that you may need a DJ or Emcee.

Profile Picture User4557616, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jarrod was nothing short of fantastic while working with us! He drove out of his way to meet us and was very flexible given his already busy schedule. He was very thorough and detailed in explaining how things would go and the site he provided us to help him out better was very useful and made things much easier on both of us as far as picking music/songs for different points of the evening. Our guests had a great time, loved the music, and we all greatly appreciated his enthusiasm and entertainment throughout our reception. We could not have been happier with the experience and working with Jarrod and would most definitely recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture Ross, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod was amazing! He really kept our wedding guests moving on the dance floor! We had a smaller wedding and were concerned that the dance floor would be empty and we would have trouble getting our older crowd up and moving; we had no such problem! Everyone danced the night away and had such a great time. Jarrod really rocked our wedding!!!!

Profile Picture Kristen , 4/26/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was great! He was open and willing to hear our ideas and personalize the ceremony and reception to us! Everyone was up and dancing and never a lull in entertainment! He kept everything going nicely.
I would recommend him to all of my friends!

Profile Picture User3353807, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Metro DC DJs & Entertainment is is a outstanding DJ company under Jarrod. Jarrod not only played current music, but also gauged the crowed quite well to play an eclectic mix of music that kept up the energy of the reception. He has a great personality and keeps the party going, he puts the cares and concerns of the customer as priority #1.

Jarrod worked our wedding and we still have people talking about his work two weeks after the fact. He is very outgoing, flexible and respectful to the wants and needs of the customer. Look nowhere else, he's the best!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/8/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great DJ for a wedding!! Jarrod had everyone on the dance floor! Played a variety of music and listened to what you wanted and didn't want to be played. Everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Jenelle, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jarrod was great! He played every song we had on our list and even played a song that my husband had recorded for our first dance!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very pleased with Jarrod's services! He provided everything from DJ services, emceeing, lighting and sound for our wedding. Since Jarrod had not been in our venue before he asked for a walk-through which made us very comfortable with his professionalism and willingness to be thorough and prepared.

Jarrod was great about remembering the little details of what point to start a song on, when to hit play, and how we wanted our emcee services. We requested he not be "in your face" and speaking often which he did a great job of doing. We also needed him to ask questions for our newlywed game which went great. Jarrod has a strong, booming voice which is perfect for his profession and services--the intros were fabulous. Our siblings are so impressed they are looking into hiring him as well. I was also very pleased that Jarrod honored our play/do not play lists. When guests requested something from the "do not play" list (repeatedly) he honored our wishes and only played it when I caved to my guests and gave the ok--he definitely puts the bride and groom fist.

The lighting that came with our package makes Jarrod a wonderful value. We are very happy with the price we paid and what we got for it. The uplighting was beautiful, professional, and discreet. There were no cords around the guest areas and the lights were bright and went up high (our venue had really tall ceilings). We also purchased a gobo which guests loved and was a beautiful final touch to the space.
I only took off a slight bit from the overall score based on some emails that never reached Jarrod due to email errors on his end. However, he came to our home to go over everything and ensure we were comfortable with all final details for the wedding once the error of the missed emails was caught.

Thank you for being a great DJ, Jarrod. We will be sure to recommend you!

Profile Picture Tina, 10/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not have imagined having a better DJ at my wedding. From the time we decided to pick Jarrod as the DJ I was completely at ease. He kept in contact with us during the whole planning process, and the website was so easy to use to help with planning the event. You can tell he loves what he does because he is so amazing at it. I was so comfortable on my wedding day because I knew Jarrod had everything under control. Everything was timed perfectly and everyone had so much fun. All of my guests commented on what a great job he did!

Thank you again for everything. You truly are the best DJ around town :)
I can not say enough great things about Jarrod!! He is absolutely amazing!!

Profile Picture Gina, 8/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jarrod was excellent. He spent time with us prior to the event to make sure we had everything ready for our big day. On that day, he was excellent about keeping everyone moving and making sure we didn't miss anything even though we were getting pulled in all directions (photos, guests, etc).

Profile Picture Jeremy, 7/18/13, 1 Review