Merryweather Films Reviews

25 Reviews for Merryweather Films

25 Merryweather Films Reviews

Kelsey Masters · Married on 09/15/2018

Video of my DREAMS!

I had a very specific vision for my wedding video, and Merryweather delivered my dream video. We did the simple package, so there was one person (Zach) shooting and no sound. The end result was like a movie trailor of the day, and captured moments I did not get to see! Zach was so professional, and I honestly only saw him once. But he captured the whole day so perfectly!!! Highly recommend using Merryweather to capture the most important moments.

• Blair

Blair · Married on 08/04/2018

Merryweather was amazing. Honestly, I was on the fence about hiring a videographer at all, but my husband wanted a video and I am SO glad we did it and did it with Merryweather. Our video looks fantastic and we've gotten tons of compliments and people asking who did it for us. The Simple package was exactly what we needed and very reasonable. Plus we got our video super fast! I know we'll be watching it for years.

Dana · Married on 11/25/2017

This crew was professional, creative, down to earth, and completely behind the scenes when filming our wedding. In fact, the morning of our wedding I made a phone call to my soon to be husband freaking out that the videographers didn't arrive yet, only to embarrassingly find out they have been in the room with us girls getting ready the whole time - talk about a bridezilla moment LOL. (still sorry about that Zach :) )
    Megan was responsive and attentive to all of our questions up to and even including the day of (which is a big deal since we were married the Saturday after Thanksgiving). Before they left, Patrick hugged us and wished us Congratulations - which meant a lot since he was one of the few vendors to personally do that.

The video they created completely blew us away, down to every important and subtle detail, and left us and our families completely speechless and some even in tears. We cannot thank this team enough for perfectly capturing our day, and also recreating the same energy and feelings of "goodness" every time we watch it.

Ryan · Married on 11/12/2017

Wow - words cannot describe how much Merryweather Films exceeded our expectations and then some. Not only was the final product absolutely beyond perfect, but on the day of our wedding we didn't even notice 3-4 videographers in the room. They are so good at what they do and didn't distract away from anything, even when we were getting ready in a hotel! Colin, Megan, and the team were so responsive, helpful, available, and professional leading up to the day of as well. They truly took our tastes, wants, and needs into consideration, and the final products truly reflect that. The videos themselves (a 1 minute teaser and a 7 minute highlight reel) blow my mind: they captured the perfection and absolute joy of that day into just a few minutes... unbelievable. Everyone who has seen the videos is in complete awe of how beautiful they are from an artistic and cinematographic perspective. Lastly, as a gay couple we couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable working with Merryweather. They're extremely LGBTQ -friendly and are overall awesome people. I HIGHLY recommend!

Bradley · Married on 09/30/2017

My wife and I couldn't be happier with our Merryweather experience. We were on the fence about hiring a videographer (she wanted one, I did not). After coming across Merrweather on Instagram and looking at some of their videos I knew this was the videographer for us. They also have a package offering they call 'Merryweather Simple' which is a great product and something that not all videographers are able to provide. Needless to say they were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire booking process and even more so on the day of. Our videographer was Zach and we hardly noticed him that day. We got our video shortly after the wedding and my wife and I are obsessed with it and we watch it practically every night. I would highly recommend Merryweather to anyone looking for a top quality videographer or anyone on the fence about hiring a videographer.

Paula · Married on 09/03/2017

Merryweather Films was one of the best choices for our wedding! We were hesitant on whether or not to have a video but after meeting with Colin, we were certain that this would be the right decision. Leading up to the wedding, Megan was so responsive and sweet to ensure that everything would be perfect. At the wedding, Colin and his team were 'invisible'- we joked that we did not know what they even captured since you did not even notice they were there! My husband, family and friends were all blown away at the video (and trailer). Pictures are amazing, but the video is something that I plan to watch forever. It is simply perfect! I am beyond happy that I worked with Merryweather and HIGHLY recommend anyone who is even on the fence about getting a video to use them- you won't be disappointed!!

Delaney · Married on 07/29/2017

Unlike many couples that use Merryweather Films, I have a background knowledge of all of the hard work that goes into shooting a wedding. As a photographer, I realize how much goes into shooting weddings and how talent is an absolute MUST. So for my wedding, I chose to work with Merryweather Films. My sister Brenna had used them in 2015 and I was so impressed with their work, I knew I would book them for my own wedding. The folks at Merryweather are friendly, professional, and willing to do whatever it takes to make your day a success. Zack, Kevin, and Patrick were AMAZING and my husband and I cannot wait to see the finished product. THANK YOU Merryweather for capturing our day in a way that only you can!

Brian · Married on 07/21/2017

We could not be happier with the videos from our big day. Not only did the team capture each moment of the day in amazing style, but they were so easy to work with. They have a true gift for blending into the day without our being intrusive. We are so happy we went with them!

Kaitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

AMAZING! We were so pleased that we selected Merryweather for our videography for our June 2017 Philadelphia wedding. They captured every perfect moment, plus so many more we could not even imagine. Merryweather was friendly, fun, professional and all-around great to work with. They turned our teaser around so quickly and it was fantastic. I even had people telling me that they thought it was so good that it looked like a Hollywood movie teaser! Colin and the team were so friendly and willing to work with us to make our video perfect. We provided some suggestions for our highlight film, and they made adjustments to make the video extra personal and perfect for us. Also, I HIGHLY recommend the drone footage - WOW was it amazing!! The drone footage captured such incredible shots of our ceremony, venue and special moments. We are thrilled with our experience with Merryweather and would recommend them to anyone!

Lizzie · Married on 03/04/2017

Merryweather Films: seriously incredible. Their videos of our early March 2017 wedding at the Horticulture Center are amazing!! Our guests, friends, and family have been raving about the highlight reel! We also love it, and cannot get over how well they captured our wedding day. It is a work of art. We are also so thankful to have the full versions of our wedding ceremony, toasts, and first dance on film. On the day of the wedding, we could not even tell that the shooters were there! Seriously, they blended right in and did not take away from our big day at all. We are so grateful we went with Merryweather! They were detail-oriented, professional, responsive, and above all -- creative! I highly recommend them.

Andrea · Married on 10/08/2016

Finding a videographer that I liked was one of the most challenging choices for me while planning my wedding. I searched, and searched, and searched online looking at hundreds of videos to try to find one whos style I liked. I finally stumbled across Merryweather from my photographer's blog and I couldn't have been more pleased with what I saw from them online. You could tell that each film was in line with the feeling and sentiments of each individual wedding, really capturing the feel, and not just following a "cookie cutter" type of style. I knew instantly that they were the ones that would be able to deliver exactly what I wanted.
    Leading up to the wedding they were a pleasure to work with, always willing to talk with me on the phone, and it was a definite plus that they had worked with my photographer before. They were professional in helping us to determine the correct amount of time we would need to capture all of the best moments, and they were able to be flexible as things changed.
    During the day of, I BARELY noticed them -- and not in a bad way, but they knew exactly where to be to capture everything without taking away from all of the moments we were having. When they came up to me at the end of the night I was almost surprised because I had forgot they were there! I loved that they reassured me when they left that not only did they enjoy capturing the night but they felt as though they had great footage of all of the moments we wanted to be able to include in our video.
    I was so beyond thrilled with our teaser video, a last minute add of mine, and I knew instantly that is was such a perfect reflection of the entire day. We are so looking forward to our full reel and the videos of our vows, dances, and toasts. Hands down one of the best decisions we made to hire Merryweather and work with them from start to finish!

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

No matter what I say in this review, no words will describe how AMAZING our wedding video is!!!!! I almost don't even want to call it a wedding video because it really is like a Hollywood production of our wedding day! The team at Merryweather is beyond talented and also must be invisible because we don't remember seeing them filming the whole time! There is nothing worse than being at a wedding under the spotlight of a videographer and that just does not happen with Colin and his crew! Our Teaser and Highlight reel are truly works of art given how each scene corresponds to the music and speeches spoken by our family! Working with Merryweather was a complete pleasure and the final product is definitely well worth every penny spent!! I know the wedding bills add up but, by far the best money spent was with this team and we couldn't be more grateful for everything they did to capture the best day of our lives!!!

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2016

I would highly recommend Merryweather Films!! They went above and beyond to make the most beautiful video of our wedding. They are wonderful and professional to work with. We didn't even realize they were there half of the time throughout the day! They listened to exactly what we wanted. The overall vibe of the videos are not corny but instead sentimental and sincere portrayals of our special day. We couldn't believe how fast they got our videos to us - they created the "teaser" video about 3 weeks after the wedding and we received the actual videos about 3 months after the wedding. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Merryweather Films!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with everyone at Merryweather Films. They were professional, responsive and communicative in the months leading up to the wedding , making every step of the planning process easy and stress-free. On our wedding day the videographers arrived right on time, and were so kind, respectful and not at all intrusive. Also, the fact that it was unseasonably hot out didn't seem to phase them at all! I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly Colin and his team prepared the teaser video of our wedding and received so many compliments from the close friends and family members with whom I eagerly shared the video. I found that the teaser video is a great way to share your special day with those who couldn't be there. After the wedding, Megan and the rest of the team worked very closely with me to create an absolutely beautiful highlight reel of our wedding day that I know we will cherish forever. This team has a true talent for capturing beautiful moments and the quality of their work is unparalleled. I am so glad we chose to work with Merryweather Films and would highly recommend them to any couple!

Emily · Married on 05/22/2016

Make no mistake about it: Merryweather is far more than a wedding video company. They are truly a full-fledged state-of-the-art production team that transforms your wedding into a feature film worthy of an Oscar. I knew as soon as I met with Colin and saw some of their videos that I wanted/NEEDED them to be at my wedding! They might be on the pricier side, but let me tell you, it is worth EVERY penny – they turn your wedding into a blockbuster film! But even more beautiful than that. More beautiful than anything you can imagine. There were several other perks about working with Merryweather that I must point out:
    1. While I am originally from the Philadelphia (and thus had my wedding in Philadelphia), my now-husband and I have been living in Montana for the past four years. Therefore, I was only able to meet with Colin once, and I truly didn’t have much interaction with Merryweather before our wedding (which was entirely in my control – I could’ve easily talked to them everyday if I wanted to, but I didn’t feel I needed to.) I say all this to say: even just from my first and only meeting with Colin, he and his team STILL understood and captured EXACTLY what I wanted. Which brings me to point #2:
    2. Nothing was more important to me than capturing the first look. Any bride-to-be can understand the excitement and importance and value of capturing this moment. So, (relating back to my first point), even though I only met with Merryweather once before my wedding, they remembered this about me 100% and the first look that they captured couldn’t be more perfect.
    (Please refer to theknot.com to read my full review on Merryweather - I have much more to say! :))

Aliza · Married on 04/14/2016

Truth be told, I was not interested in getting a videographer for our wedding. Though our wedding was jointly planned by my wife and myself along with my in-laws, this was one aspect upon which we disagreed. I've never liked watching other wedding videos and didn't feel it was necessary at ours. However, I am writing this review today instead of my wife because of how happy I am with the work of Merryweather Films. First, I did not want a big presence of videographers/photographers at the wedding. I hardly noticed they were there during the event. And when I did they were kind and easy to deal with. Second, they were easy to work with in terms of setting up a quote, planning for the day, and putting together the music on the video after the event. Third, and most important, the video they put together is really special. It does not have a cheesy or uptight vibe - which we desperately wanted to avoid. Instead the video really reflects what we wanted as a couple - a down-to-earth, easy-going, and fun feeling. There are amazing shots and the editing along with the music is a real treat. It feels like we're in our own music video. In terms of style, the video has a perfect blend of indie romance flick meets alt-country rock video with a touch of traditional wedding video. They allowed the day's moments and the songs we chose to tell the narrative, rather than imposing their own on the video. So if you're looking for a videographer who is both attentive to your needs/concerns and is going to give you an understated, yet amazingly fresh, hip, and unique style to your wedding video, they are your people. Highly recommended!

I managed to hold it together on my wedding day... but the tears were flowing watching the beautiful DVD created by Colin and his team at Merryweather Films. The quality of the Blu Rays was second to none. My husband and I were so impressed in the clarity of the sound during our ceremony, despite having an outdoor ceremony. Merryweather managed to capture so many special moments of our day, and the video truly represented the spirit of our wedding. The team was unobstrusive and polite, throughout the process - we barely knew they were there. My husband and I believe that hiring Colin was one of the best investments we made. We are so lucky to have such a memorable keepsake, created by such a talented group.

Our only gripe was having to wait to watch it!

Molly · Married on 08/15/2015

This review is LONG overdue. Merryweather Films was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. We just celebrated our one year anniversary and watching our wedding videos was such a treat. They captured so much that I missed that day. The quality is amazing and the videos are beautiful. They were responsive, professional, and wonderful to work with. I got married on our family's farm, which has old barns on the property. While filming our first look, one of the videographers stepped on a nail...I'm pretty sure it went through his foot. I was mortified and felt horrible but their team kept working and the poor guy stuck it out for the REST OF THE WEDDING. Talk about going above and beyond. Our photographs are beautiful but, again, having a video (and a beautiful, high quality video at that) really lets my husband and I relive the day. I highly recommend Merryweather Films.

Hiring Merryweather Films was one of my best decisions! The quality of the video and the customer service simply cannot be beat. James and the rest of the team were absolutely wonderful. They were barely noticeable throughout the day, and yet they captured everything!

Colin has been extremely helpful and accommodating since the wedding to ensure that we are happy with the finished product. It is very clear that his main priority is making a video that will make the couple happy and help them to relieve their big day!

I highly recommend Merryweather Films!

Carly · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with what Merryweather created to help us treasure and remember our day! I was wedding planning from abroad, and it was no easy feat. After my Skype meeting with Colin, I just knew Merryweather would be the right choice. I needed to work with people who could understand our visions without meeting us, and be able to make it happen. The team at Merryweather certainly succeeded in doing this! Then talk about fast turnaround...not only was our 'teaser' delivered less than two weeks after our wedding, but our highlight reel was completed a little over a month after our wedding. My mind was truly blown at both the quality and efficiency. They caught the little nuances between my husband and I, making the video truly us. Even more, a month later, I am able to still watch and react with the same level of emotion as when first viewing our film (yes, I am full with waterworks each time). This is a testament to the great artistic talent the team offers. Merryweather Films really captured the spirit of the day. Choosing to have videography of our special day was an investment well made of course-- but, going with Merryweather Films was a decision that now allows my husband and I to have this amazing visual memory to cherish, one that perfectly reflects who we are as a couple!

Bill and Lauren · Married on 10/25/2014

First impressions are everything and we were very impressed with Colin from the beginning. He is very laid back and was continuously willing to work with us to develop the best package. It’s clear how passionate Colin is about what he does and that’s what makes him the best out there. Colin was willing to go the extra mile for us throughout the entire process and was very flexible to changes. His creativity and overall vision for the videos has been amazing and we have received so many compliments. Colin was always available and responsive, and took time out of his personal schedule to go through ideas whenever needed. He delivered very high quality customer service possible and we appreciated that very much. This was such an important part of the overall wedding and Colin and his team helped to create lasting memories on the big day. Working with all of them was seamless and easy, and we both couldn't be happier with the overall vibe and relaxing nature from Colin. It helped to relax us and keep everything going smoothly. All of it exceeded our expectations and we would strongly recommend anyone looking for the best in the business to work with Colin. We felt like he was vested in the process alongside us from the first time we met, which meant a lot to both of us.

• I

Ian · Married on 10/11/2014

The wedding video was fantastically edited and interspersed perfectly with the music we selected. We had high expectations for the video but it was way better than we could've ever imagined. It perfectly captured our wedding day and it added in subtleties that only true professionals can pull off. We are so thrilled we chose Merryweather and would recommend them to anyone we know... as well as people we don't.

Jill · Married on 08/30/2014

I would highly recommend Colin Comstock/Merryweather Films for anyone needing a Videographer. We used Merryweather Films for our daughters wedding - Even though we had every other "bell and whistle" for the wedding I had to be talked into having a videographer ... and now I can honestly say it is one of my absolute favorite things that I did for the entire "event". It was very important to our family that the day was kept private and that all of the meaning of the occasion was not compromised by extra people or distractions. Colin and his staff were so discreet and professional - After watching the video, I cannot believe that we didn't even know he was there, yet he captured every intimate detail of the wedding. This is an absolute MUST for any wedding or special occasion that warrants capturing. My memories are wonderful... but the Video is awesome. Memories preserved!! Thank you Merryweather!

Joanna · Married on 07/04/2014

Colin and his team were nothing short of AMAZING! They captured our day perfectly! Our video was OUTSTANDING! I have never seen videos this great. We had a veryy long day, and feel like our 20 minute video didn't miss a thing. Everytime we watch it we feel like we are reliving our day. I am embarrassed to say that I think we watch our video more than most couples do. Our friends and family were extremely impressed. Videography was one of the last minute add-on's my now husband and I were financially able to make, and I am not only happy that we did, but thrilled that we chose Merryweather Films. Not only was the end product great, but the crew is friendly, and enjoyable to work with. They are simply the best!

Great work! We're so happy to have had Merryweather Films capture the emotion and energy of our wedding day! Thanks!!