21 Reviews for MERRY WEDDINGS

Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
21 MERRY WEDDINGS Reviews

Peter and his wife did an amazing job with our wedding. If you want a DJ who actually wants to get to know you and your wedding party this is your guy.

He isn't just a DJ but basically the wedding planner as well, from creating the itinerary to making sure everything runs smoothly. There was never a lull where people were just sitting around not knowing what was going on.

You can have the perfect venue & perfect food, but if your DJ doesn't keep the party going and flowing smoothly that will be all the guest think about. You truly don't realize how important a DJ really is until you go to other weddings, and it is amazing how much of a difference it is. You can tell when a DJ just shows up and doesn't even know the groom and bride's names until he reads it off the piece of paper (usually gets it wrong I might add).

And we are so grateful for his wife, she literally cleaned up paint off carpet. Made sure everything was in the right place, and even setup our ceremony as it had rained and needed to be moved inside the day of.

You can really tell these two love what they do, and will give you 100% of their dedication to making sure your day goes off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Luke, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Nation's Best DJ has made his mark in Kansas City!!

Peter Merry with Merry Weddings made our reception more entertaining than we could have wished ! And your guests will thank you for it. They have raved to me still to this day how much they enjoyed the DJ.

Starting from the early meeting months in advance to get all of your thoughts and ideas in line. Peter offers a lot of different options and will personalize any thought that comes to your mind. He guides you through the entire process from every song for entrances, special requests and surprises in between, to the last dance. Every point has a purpose and it opens your eyes to what a good DJ is and can do. Peter made this aspect of wedding planning fun and stress free.

I can't stress enough how a good DJ will really turn your reception into the party and atmosphere you want!

Thank you Peter!

Profile Picture ANDREW, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

I never realized before that a Dj does more than just hit the play button on an iPod connected to some speakers. A DJ really can turn your reception from needing a lot of booze to get your guests on the dance floor, to everyone feeling recognized and wanting to get on the dance floor because they're having such a good time!!

Profile Picture Michaela, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Peter Merry of Merry Weddings was more than I ever could have asked for or expected. Whatever ideas I had about what a DJ should be at a wedding don't even come close to how wonderful Peter was! He made my wedding reception a piece of cake. Everything ran incredibly smoothly because of his leadership and guidance, keeping the timing of the wedding down to a tee. He was entertaining, played a great mixture of music, and kept everyone in a great mood! I would recommend Merry Weddings to everyone!!!!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Peter is amazing! Growing up , I attended a number of wedding Peter did and I knew when my day came I wouldn't have a wedding without him. He's a magic maker. He kicks the party off and keeps the party rolling. He is organized and on top of everything including things you wouldn't even think of. Thank you so much for all the memories on our special day!!!

Profile Picture Aileen, 10/19/13, 1 Review

Peter,

Wow what can I say ! DJologist is the best word that describes this guy. He held our hand right from the start, ( almost when i met him out of luck at a starbucks getting ready for another wedding ) He went out of his way way the day after his wedding and came by my office and gave us a signed book Wow that was very nice of him to do.. Well all I can say look no further he is awesome, we just wish we had more time since it was a Sunday and we were very busy that night and trying to fit everything was tough... Thanks Again Peter... Loved our wedding and working with you...

Thanks
Deanne & Dean

Profile Picture Dean, 6/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Peter Merry is a man who needs no introduction….because he’s the one that gives it. We hired Peter for both my mom’s 60th birthday and for our wedding, and we could not have been happier. Peter knows how to have a great time, how to keep an evening moving along in the right direction, how to keep people interested and not feel like they are being pressured by a cheesy DJ. He is very professional, and knows what he needs to do and get’s it done.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/11/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

One of the best DJs in the business! Peter is very professional and on top of things. The rehearsal dinner went so smooth because he knows what he is doing and was prepared when he got there. The wedding day went even better! Peter made the day go so smooth and he had people laughing out of their chairs from his wedding party introductions. He had everyone out on the dance floor afterwards too. Peter did an incredible job and made our wedding day that much more memorable.

I have been to plenty of weddings where the DJ kind of just ruins the reception because he either doesn't know what to say, the music he plays sucks, or he pronounces the names wrong. Not okay.

The experience you get from Peter surpasses any DJ at any wedding I have seen or been to. He is truly one of a kind. Thanks again Peter!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/6/12, 1 Review

If you are planning an event specifically a wedding - Peter Merry is
absolutely fantastic. He is easy to work with and customizes your special
day the way you envisioned it and makes suggestions that you can choose to use or not. My husband and I could not be happier with the level of
service, commitment that Peter Merry brings. After our wedding reception,
I thought to myself "Can we do this (reception) again? We had such blast
celebrating with friends and family. I have even thought of calling Peter
for our future anniversary to see if he's available to help us make our
anniversary a special celebration for us. If you select Peter Merry, you
won't be disappointed. Not to mention several of our guests said it was
"the best wedding reception ever"...just like the title of his book.
Planninga wedding can be a stressful time so take away the stress by hiring Peter-with his expertise you will be happy you selected him.

Profile Picture User2590927, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hands down, Peter was one of the best parts of our wedding. One of the first things my husband and I said after we left the wedding was "I couldn't have imagined having anyone else as our DJ". Peter is extremely talented at what he does and goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding feel unique and personal.

You cannot compare Peter to a "typical" DJ. If you do so, you will be very alarmed by his prices. They are well beyond that of anyone else we looked at. However, after going through the wedding, I would highly recommend budgeting to have Peter at your wedding. You won't be disappointed. Peter completely made our reception and our officiant (Don Johnson) totally made the ceremony.A large majority of guest told us it was by far the best wedding they've ever been to. I think a large portion of that had to do with the location, Don Johnson and Peter Merry.

I went to a wedding a week after ours and it was interesting to compare DJs. Peter works with you to make everyone at the wedding feel appreciated. He makes everyone feel welcomed. He also plans it so there is very little down time. There is always something to do or see. At no point during the wedding did I see anyone sitting at their table looking "bored". You honestly can't even call Peter just a DJ, because he does so much more than that. He organized our rehersal, came to our rehersal dinner, ran our ceremony, did the music for the cocktail hour, precided over the rehersal (organizing most of that) and used his expertise to make sure every single detail was absolutely perfect.

I would honestly give peter 100 stars if I could. If you can afford him, I would highly HIGHLY recommend him. He is truly an expert and professional. If you have any questions about Peter, feel free to contact me:

amy.mattes@gmail.com

Profile Picture User1340251, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Simply Amazing!!! As expected, Peter was everything we were looking for and more! Our wedding was a hit thanks in part to all the effort he put in! Most unique and unforgettable wedding! He may be high in price but he is worth every penny, I promise. If you are looking for laughter, fun and someone personal then you've found him.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/26/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We had so many compliments about our DJ and how amazing and unique he was. He truly was the best! He really took the time to get to know us as a couple and customize our wedding to our tastes. He went over and beyond with providing us with more things like survey's and previewing music. He is also extremely professional and makes sure everything is in order during the event! He also gives you a discount for booking on off days or if you pay in full up front! He was worth every penny and more! We highly recommend using him as you DJ!

Profile Picture rachel, 9/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Peter was fantastic. I had a huge wedding and was a bit worried because we were having it in my husband's backyard and it wasn't a sit down dinner. Peter was able to have all of our guests attention when we needed it and kept them entertained the entire night. I felt completely confident that our wedding reception would go smoothly because he was in control. He met with us three times before and we knew exactly the plan of the reception, all of our vendors as well knew what would be happening thanks to Peter! From before our entrance to our exit, the party kept going and never stalled. Peter kept us laughing and enjoying ourselves. So many people were dancing and jumping that even the dance floor over the pool broke! (Don't worry, no one fell in) But that didn't keep anyone from getting their groove on. He is incredibly professional and always has a backup for anything that could go wrong, even having an extra garter for the silly bride that forgets hers (me!). Peter was recommended to us by a few couples and we greatly recommend him to others. He helped make our wedding a night to remember and we have only heard wonderful things. Thank you Peter!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/31/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Peter Merry was a great DJ and overall MC for our wedding reception. He was easily accessible during the detailed planning sessions and many guests were so impressed at his knowledge of not only us, but our whole bridal party! He kept the flow of the reception moving and exciting, and there were definitely no lulls. He also became a good friend and we were able to share our traditional korean bowing ceremony with Peter as well, while he made sure he had traditional korean music. i HIGHLY recommend Peter Merry as a DJ!

Profile Picture yvonne, 11/29/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Definitely our most valuable vendor! All of our guests left our wedding saying it was the best they had ever been to. He made the day memorable for everyone, and I would highly recommend him. He was worth every penny!

Profile Picture V, 11/13/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Petty Merry absolutely MADE our reception. He was so thorough in covering every possible thing we might need during our meetings with him prior to the wedding. His energy and genuine interest in our satisfaction made us look forward each meeting with him. The evening of the reception we didn't THINK about a thing - Peter had EVERYTHING covered! He was so on top of it. Even being the control freak and perfectionist that I am - I didn't have to obsess about a thing, because Peter had it covered. His style and personality made our guests feel welcomed and comfortable and a part of the party - which was exactly what we wanted! Even though my husband and I left the reception an hour before we had to be out of the hall, Peter stayed and played through the hour for all of our guests - they all raved about how great he was and his energy never wavered throughout the night and on into the morning! If you haven't already made "room" for a Master of Ceremonies - DO IT! It was make all the difference for your reception; you'll be able to focus on your new spouse and enjoying time with your guests instead of worrying about cutting the cake at 9pm and tossing the garter at 10pm. Peter does all the stressin' for you so all you're really left to do is PARTY!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/10/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Peter Merry is literally the BEST of the best! He is unique in the sense that is professional, but also very fun. He took into account our needs and personalities while creating the entertainment for our reception. He's not just a DJ; he is a wedding reception entertainer! From beginning to end, he kept our guests entertained and involved. I am still hearing comments about how amazing and fun our reception was. I know we can thank Peter for that!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/17/08, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

He provided great service and made everything unique and special for our day. We had so many comments from our guests that they had never experienced a wedding as much fun as ours. They thought he was funny and added some great flare to the wedding.
Peter met with us two different times prior to the wedding to go over everything in detail for the timeline. He was also accessable by phone or email very easily for any feedback. I felt very confident that he would help make all the events go smoothly. I highly recommend Peter for any event as he will help make it one of the most memorable and best events ever!

Profile Picture Stefani, 8/10/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Petter Merry was an absolute pleasure to work with! He did such an amazing job throughout the entire wedding planning process and at our reception! In all honesty, he is worth every single penny, he made our wedding so memborable! I would reccommed him 100%!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/12/08, 1 Review
4.7

I would highly recommend using Merry Weddings for your wedding DJ. Reason being, you get way more than just a DJ...Peter goes above and beyond to ensure that every part of your wedding runs smoothly. I did not have a wedding coordinator and it was okay because I had Peter! He is the most unique DJ you will find and he puts so much time and effort into making everything unique to the bride and groom. You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture User481978, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Peter was amazing to work with! From the first time my husband and I met with him, we knew he would be perfect for our big day. Peter sat down with us and gave us a video demonstration of everything he had to offer. He provided us with everything we needed to do before our big day in order for our ceremony and reception to run smoothly. Our guests were entertained 100% of the time because of Peter and his ability to get everyone involved. I would recommend Peter to anyone looking to have an unforgettable wedding :) We loved him!

Profile Picture Denise, 5/25/08, 5 Reviews