Merry Hill Reviews

Merry Hill 5
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/06/2018

Timeless, amazing and perfect

Our wedding at Merry Hill was everything we ever hoped for. This venue will take your breath away. Merry Hill is beautifully maintained and it the perfect mix of Southern Charm and outdoor beauty. The staff, especially Lynne and Joannie, were amazing and went above and beyond to make our day perfect. We loved the DIY friendly aspect, it helped make the venue our own. The beautifully decorated Farm House was comfy and a perfect place to get ready for the ladies to get ready for the big day. The guys had a great time getting ready in the Groom's cottage, too. We cannot recommend this venue and the staff enough. Seriously just get married there already!

• Hailey

Hailey · Married on 06/02/2018

If you are looking for a rustic, whimsical & romantic wedding venue this is your place! The pictures simply do not do it justice! I cant wait to have my big day here.

Kris · Married on 09/03/2017

Beautiful country setting between Raleigh and Burlington. The staff was wonderful to work with. They were attentive to the bride and groom's wishes. I would highly recommend using Merry Hill.

Benjamin · Married on 10/15/2016

I attended a wedding here. A beautiful venue, with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside. The staff were fantastic and friendly, and clearly willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect. I could recommend Merry Hill Weddings more!

Amelia · Married on 09/17/2016

Merry Hill was such a wonderful place to get married! The staff was so kind and helpful, especially our venue coordinator Joannie. The house and grounds are beautiful and well-kept and served as the perfect backdrop for our wedding. We chose to get married at Merry Hill because it was sweet, southern, and a little quirky - just like us! Being in Mebane, it's very accessible from both the Raleigh and Greensboro areas, but it's just enough off the interstate that it was quiet and peaceful. We loved that we could bring our own decor and rentals but also use some beautiful pieces from the house. Our guests loved the peacocks and horses outside and the lovely furniture and paintings inside. Merry Hill is the perfect venue for any couple looking for a sophisticated southern setting for their wedding. My husband and I highly recommend it!

Katy · Married on 08/06/2016

This location was my dream brought to life! I'm so thrilled we found Merry Hill and got married there! The twinkle lights, the flowers, the Lilly pad pond, the charm, the gorgeous bridal room--it all made me feel like a princess. I'm so glad we discovered this amazing venue!

Merry Hill 6
    Merry Hill 7
    Merry Hill 8
    Merry Hill 9
    Merry Hill 10

Loved this out of the way spot! It was so charming and everyone there was so very helpful in making my wedding a total success, even with the requisite wedding hiccups. I would - without hesitation - recommend Merry Hill, even if I know the couple isn't looking for a farm wedding, b/c it's just such a great, gorgeous place.

Joanna · Married on 10/05/2013

I absolutely love this location! This place is worth even more than it is priced at. I cannot express enough how much I loved having my wedding at Merry Hill Farms. The woman who owns the property, Lynne, feels like a part of the family. She was more than accommodating. She went above and beyond the call of duty to provide a beautiful wedding for me. It truly felt like she was like a second mother who wanted the wedding to go off without a hitch! She provided so much additional help and resources. She helped with planning, parking, lighting, and orchestrating parts of the event that are worth more than the price of the venue listed. And, the property itself was gorgeous! My wedding photographers couldn't stop talking about it. It truly is the most beautiful property. I never thought I could ever get married on such a beautiful location. By the time the wedding was over, everyone was talking about how picturesque the wedding was, the pictures seemed like we were a couple photographed for a magazine, and the reception looked like a scene from an old Hollywood film where they dine outside under the stars and twinkle lights. When my friends talk about their weddings they all complain that it was nothing like what they pictured or wanted. But, when I think back on my wedding, it was better than I could have ever pictured and a lot, if not all of it, is due to the beauty of the location. I really love, love, love this place! And if you don't believe me then go see it for yourself. You won't want to get married anywhere else.

Shannon · Married on 12/28/2012

Merry Hill Farms has a gorgeous country bed and breakfast feel. I attended a wonderful Christmas party there. It is very cozy with a warm fire place and lots of beautiful views of the countryside and sunset. The women who run it are amazing - very warm and fun. I would definitely book an event here in the future.

We had a girl's night at Merry Hill last night. The farm is in the most beautiful setting you can imagine and the people are wonderful--you can't go wrong here!

Chloe · Married on 11/03/2012

I have attended numerous events at Merry Hill, ranging from an outdoor barbecue and summer concert to a cozy christmas party hosted at the farm. The scenery in spectacular: beautiful expanses of fields and a stunning wood line set the stage for breathtaking views, day or night. Merry Hill is run by warm, attentive and fun-loving women. I would highly recommend the venue, whether for a large wedding or a more intimate ceremony.

• User3432020 · 2+ years ago

This a wonderful farm with a warm and welcoming feel. There are gorgeous spots for photographs and beautiful views of the countryside. The hosts are absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. I had a wonderful stay. Southern hospitality at its best!

This is a gorgeous little place, not far from Chapel Hill, Raleigh and Durham. If I were to do it all over again, this beautiful little farm would definitely be my pick. It's a great venue for a photo shoot, or any kind of outdoor event - family reunion, big party, etc. My favorites were the outdoor bonfire area, the renovated plantation-style house, and of course, the lovely ladies that run this place. You couldn't ask for better southern hospitality - including their own delicious homemade pies!

• MrsEllieNelson

Ellie · Married on 05/13/2017

When we found Merry Hill immediately our mind was set on having our wedding there! On May 13th we said "I Do" at Merry Hill and the knock out roses adorned the property so beautifully that it actually helped us save on flower costs!! Lynn pays such exquisite detail to everything that even the bathrooms looked like something out of a magazine! We got lucky with good weather and we couldn't of asked for a more perfect day at a more beautiful venue. For the price, its everything and MORE! The property is very open allows for games and different stunning locations for photos and activities. The event managers were very helpful the day of and also during the rehearsal. If I could have suggested one thing be changed it would be that they NOT give tours to other couples at the venue on the day of the wedding or during the rehearsal. While we were setting up, one of the couples even asked an event manager if we were willing to sell some of our decor after the wedding. That was rather tacky and some of our family and friends who were there setting up noticed and made comments to us. Honestly, even with that small issue, I still would get married at Merry Hill ten fold. If you want a fairytale wedding on a budget big or small, this is the place for you!!! Thank you Merry Hill team for helping us achieve the wedding of our dreams.

Kelcey · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I booked Merry Hill in early 2016 as our ceremony and reception venue for our May 2017 wedding. It was the second venue we looked at and we both knew almost immediately that it was the venue for us. We had a pretty specific vision in mind and Merry Hill allowed us the flexibility to create a space that was truly our own. We did have a rain plan in mind as there are no indoor ceremony locations at Merry Hill, but were lucky enough that the forecast changed mid-day on our wedding day and the rain plan wasn’t needed. The staff was friendly and flexible and enabled our vision to come to life. Our wedding day was absolutely breathtaking and Merry Hill was the perfect back drop on an amazing day.

Courtney · Married on 09/12/2015

3.6
      3.0
      1.5

Merry Hill is absolutely beautiful in the spring. There are so many plants and animals around that our wedding really had the farm feel that we were hoping for they even let us dress up the donkeys and bring them out of their pin. The owner, Lynn was really great. She was flexible and helpful. Unfortunately the event coordinator assigned to us was not very knowledgeable and added a lot of stress at an already stressful time. She misinterpret the contract more than once, attempted to overcharge us for add-ons, and mislead us on whether or not we needed an ABC permit telling us that we did not need one when I brought it up months before the wedding and then telling us that we must get one only weeks before the wedding, which is impossible. Luckily Lynn found a way to make it work. I think it was the event coordinator's first wedding and I only hope that she learned from this experience.

The venue is beautiful and a good value. I would definitely recommend it as long as you get an event coordinator that knows what they are doing.

Jacqui · Married on 09/02/2017

0.4
      0.5

Bills itself as handicapped accessible​ but is NOT. There is a ramp to the restroom, but a handicapped person has to walk over uneven pebbles and uneven grassy areas to get to it.