Merri-Makers Catering Reviews

66 Reviews for Merri-Makers Catering

• Emily

Emily Mcmichael · Married on 10/05/2019

Beachside in Belmar

We used Merri-Makers for our wedding last weekend at Taylor Pavilion in Belmar, NJ, and we are so glad we did. Our maitre'd Patty was incredibly helpful, responsive, and executed our event flawlessly. The food was great -- especially the appetizers/burrata bar (they offer a tasting after booking) -- and the waitstaff was incredibly friendly (including the head chef, who came down to the beach to personally deliver my now husband and I appetizers while we were taking some post ceremony pics). Taylor Pavilion was the perfect venue -- from the floor to ceiling ocean views, to the beach ceremony, to the late night bonfire -- and Merri-Makers was super accommodating when we wanted to bring in a few special items of our own (including a larger than life antipasti station and dessert platters for the tables). Thank you Patty and team, for helping to make this day the best one ever!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Julia Abernathy · Married on 09/27/2019

Delicious and creative

Everything from Merri-Makers was absolutely delicious. Everyone said it was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding. The team was wonderful to work with and helped us tailor the menu to our own tastes and traditions!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Kyle · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing service

Patty was the MVP for our wedding planning process. She answered all of our questions thoroughly, and helped to keep us sane. Every little detail was handled with care, and her hard work was a crucial part in making this the best day of our lives. The chefs at Merri-Makers make delicious food! They even let us customize our menu in very specific and unconventional ways-- and the flavor did not disappoint! Furthermore, the servers were all helpful, exceptionally courteous and friendly.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Melissa Origoni · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing! Above and beyond

Merri-Makers was outstanding!! They not only catered our wedding at the Taylor Pavilion but their catering package includes a wedding coordinator. We had Patty as our coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic; from when we first met with her when we were just thinking about booking them and then all through our year long planning process Patty answered our millions of questions as well as thinking of details and solutions before we even had questions. The whole company was easy to work with and quick to respond for every interaction, and everyone we met at Merri-Makers was friendly and super helpful. The actual day-of the wedding went without a hitch because Patty and her team saw to everything and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was DELICIOUS and was served so nicely, we even got special bride and groom plates delivered right to our table! We would 100% recommend Merri-Makers to anyone looking for the best catering service and wedding coordinators.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Joe · Married on 09/30/2017

Merri-Makers were by far the best decision we made for our wedding day - from start to finish, with the planning, consultation, food selection and overall day-of service we couldn't have had our day go as smoothly as it did without them! Gianna, our planner, was fantastic - very responsive, helped us turn our vision into reality, worked with the chef to help everything was within our budget. Geri, our day-of planner, was just as great - super responsive and dedicated to making things go very well and helped my wife and I relax and enjoy our day. Rick (co-owner and chef) and Cindy (co-owner) were on-site the day of our wedding to make sure everything went as planned - and the servers and other chefs helped feed their excellent food to our happy guests. Couldn't be any happier!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you Joe! We loved being a part of your day!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband & I are still on cloud nine from our dream wedding that MerriMakers brought to life. Moreover, my family & friends endlessly rave about the food, service, & amazing atmosphere that Chef Rick & his team delivered. After a relative recommended MerriMakers for catering, I met with Gianna and Chefs Rick & Jack and I knew instantly that I was in good hands. I was immediately sold with this group of passionate, creative, dedicated & incredibly talented professionals as they explained their mission & operations and encouraged me to share my own. Chef Rick & Gianna genuinely listened to our ideas & hopes for the wedding, which was off-premise at the Seaside Park Yacht Club, and immediately understood the flow & feel we were looking for. Moreover, they helped us fully formulate our vision for the wedding & opened our eyes to all that our big day could be. As our coordinator, Gianna answered our questions, asked us important questions we hadn't previously considered, and routinely communicated with me & my vendors to ensure all was on track for a perfect event. Any logistical issues or concerns that came about throughout the process were quickly solved by Gianna & the incredible Chef Rick. When Rick returned to the club both in the weeks ahead & the day before our wedding, my fiancé, family and I were in awe of his layout & plans for the big day and his ability to truly connect with us. On the eve of our wedding, we became even more energized & excited thanks to Chef Rick. When our wedding day rolled around, I cried twice: the moment my father hugged me & handed me over to my husband, and the moment I walked into the venue & saw the unbelievably beautiful wedding that MerriMakers had brought to life. Chef Rick, Gianna & their incredible team put the many wedding planning puzzle pieces together and gave me and my husband the greatest day of our lives. You will not find a company that values their clients, quality of service, or food, more than Merrimakers does.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Elizabeth. The pleasure was all ours !

Claire · Married on 09/09/2017

Merri-Makers Catering was a dream to work with! Gianna was extremely professional and organized; she really did much more than we ever expected of her on our wedding day. She kept everything running smoothly, from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, and we couldn't be more grateful. We had multiple food stations at our wedding, and people are still raving about the food! Everything we had was delicious. The dessert options were also fantastic - I loved the cookies and milk! We are so happy that Merri-Makers was involved in our wedding day!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you Claire! We loved being a part of your special day!

Joan · Married on 07/22/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Neshanic Valley Golf Course from start to finish. Gianna was truly amazing! They did an excellent job helping us set everything up, and were so organized. Gianna was super responsive any time we had questions. The wedding turned out exactly how we wanted! Our guests all had an amazing time, and everyone raved about the food. We really could not have been happier with the service!!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Joan! We loved being a part of your big day! We are thrilled you and Chris had the Fabulous day you both deserved!

Bryannah · Married on 07/21/2017

Merrimakers catering with Weddings of Distinction is unreal. The food is just incredible and the service is unmatched. They do not make mistakes and it truly is fine dining. I was married in July at the Bonnet Island Estate and my guest are still raving about the food - it was the best they ever ate!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Bryannah,
    It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your big day! Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you are happy with our services. Please feel free to come back and visit!

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2017

Laura was an absolute pleasure to work with from the moment we booked our wedding at The Ashford Estate. She was there every step of the way and we could not have done it without her, making the process so much easier. The entire staff beyond exceeded our expectations the day of our wedding. My husband and I received exceptional service the entire day and our guests are still raving about the food. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/19/2017

Delicious! We are very satisfied with their service.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Samantha! It was a pleasure to be a part of your big day!

Allison · Married on 11/11/2016

Merri-Makers Catering deserves 5 starts across the board. Their staff exceeded all of our expectations with a smile on their face. From their tasting to the wedding, my husband and I could not be any happier. They were so flexible when it came to meeting our vision. We were able personalize our menu in way that best suited us. All of our 225 guests ranted and raved about the quality of service and magnificent food. Merri-Makers truly is exceptional!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Carley · Married on 11/05/2016

Our wedding was almost a year ago, and I feel ashamed that I have not written a review until now. I am actually shocked that this staff does not have 5 stars. They are the most professional, attentive, passionate and lovely group of people that you could ever trust leading up to your wedding, and on your wedding day. They anticipate your every move, get to know you so that they can do everything they can to make your day better... they simply go above and beyond. Andrea & the crew at Bonnet Island Estate deserve every credit. Of course, the catering and the food is amazing - the best on the East Coast, I assure you. You won't get better quality anywhere else. I highly, HIGHLY recommend Merri-Makers and their Bonnet Island team. I wish you all the best and THANK YOU!!!
    -Carley & Mike (11/5/16)

Sent on 10/24/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2016

My husband and I held our November wedding at the gorgeous Neshanic Valley Golf Course, using Merri-Makers Catering. It was wonderful - we couldn’t be happier! We received compliment after compliment from our guests regarding everything from the delicious food to the stellar service. The food was fresh, tasty, and of the highest caliber. Gianna Verdoni was our event specialist, and she was EXCELLENT! Gianna and her team were friendly, patient, professional, and flexible. Gianna kept in touch with us throughout the planning process, making herself available whenever we had a question, concern, or simply needed advice. She made us feel so comfortable, it felt as if we were working with an old friend. As soon as we stepped into our reception, Gianna and her team put us at complete ease. Merri-Makers truly made the vision for our wedding a reality, and we couldn’t be more grateful or pleased. We highly recommend their services!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Neena · Married on 10/22/2016

There is no question: The Ashford Estate is perfect. THANK YOU, thank you, thank you to everyone at Merri-Makers, especially Laura & Gina, for making our wedding day so perfect. We knew we were in good hands from the start and Merri-Makers exceeded our (high) expectations. The food was delicious, and every detail was hit. Rain or shine - Merri-Makers is certainly prepared. The Ashford Estate is such a special place, and Merri-Makers helped to make all our dreams a reality at this picture-perfect venue.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Lori · Married on 10/21/2016

DO it ASAP!!! the Ashford and the Merri Makers team were first class!! If I had another daughter, we would be back!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you Lori! That is the best compliment we could ever get!

Samara · Married on 09/18/2016

Our September wedding at The Ashford Estate has been described over and over by our guests (and even people who just saw the pictures) as "a fairy tale." But, to us, it was the culmination of more than a year's worth of coordination with one of the most amazing groups of professionals ever! From our first meeting with Laura to our incredible tasting experience (which made it really hard to narrow down our menu) to our maître d' meeting and rehearsal with Kelsey to our wedding day with Kelsey and Lisa, Merri-Makers greatly exceeded our expectations and even our wildest dreams! Laura was incredibly responsive to my many, many questions, especially in the weeks leading up to the wedding. At our rehearsal and on the day of the wedding, Kelsey and Lisa made sure everything went smoothly and tended to our every need (and even things we didn't know we needed). And, despite hosting several beautiful weddings that weekend, the entire Merri-Makers team, including the first-class wait staff, made us feel like our wedding was uniquely special and important. We were able to enjoy our wedding day without any concerns that our guests would be treated with respect and receive impeccable service, and we had the wedding of our dreams! The only downside is that, despite having the best day of our lives, we can only get married once...but, true to form, Merri-Makers has invited us to come back for our anniversaries or when we're in the area. And, of course, we'll be taking them up on that offer :-)

Sent on 11/08/2016

KAITLIN · Married on 09/09/2016

Where do I begin? My husband and I were lucky enough to be married at The Ashford Estate last month and I can say that they surpassed our wildest dreams of what our wedding would be like. From that very first visit with Laura 15 months before the wedding, down to the very day of our wedding I couldn't believe how easy they made the process. With a background in event planning I was concerned that I would be managing my wedding throughout the day. Everyone at Merri-Makers and Ashford made sure that the only thing that we were focused on was taking in the day and having an amazing time. They thought of everything and if they noticed that something wasn't right they took the initiative to make it right without stressing anyone out. The grounds at The Ashford are stunning-- everything from the surrounding area, to the charming barn that we were married in, to the jaw-dropping beauty of the ballroom. The food was exceptional and our guests said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. As the cherry on top, we were lucky enough to have rented The Estate for the entire night so both my grooms family and my own family were able to stay in the 12 guest rooms upstairs, that are truly nicer than any five star hotel's accommodations. I can't thank Merri-Makers and Ashford enough for helping provide my husband and I the wedding of our dreams! We are so excited to be coming back next summer when my sister gets married there and I know her wedding with be just as perfect! You are the best!! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Xo, Kait and Dan

Sent on 11/03/2016

Kait and Dan,
    It was a honor to have our team work with you and your families on such a big day in your lives. We are thrilled you enjoyed the day! Thank you for the beautiful review. We Cannot wait to see you all again! Please send pictures and come back to visit!

Danielle · Married on 09/03/2016

Our wedding was on September 3rd, 2016! We had the most fantastic and memorable day at The Ashford Estate. From the beautiful landscapes, to the gorgeous barn where we had our ceremony, are to die for! The main estate and ballroom are out of a fairytale, for sure! Our day was just magical! This venue is truly a spectacular place. Everywhere you look there is a gorgeous 'backdrop'.
    The entire process was amazing as well. We worked with Laura, who was fantastic the entire time. From phone calls and emails, to our meetings leading up to the day, it was all such an enjoyable process. The entire Ashford Estate and Merri-Makers team made the planning extremely easy and incredible. Taylor and Lisa were our bridal assistants. Helping me out all morning, then attending to my husband and I the entire evening. So eager to help and make our nights as enjoyable as possible. They were absolute dolls, too!
    The 12 beautiful suites they accommodate in the main estate are pristine in every way possible. Each room has its own decor style and feel. The bridal suite is such a dreamy room. We loved staying here and so did our guests.
    Merri-Makers did an awesome job, as well! The food was out of this world amazing! From cocktail hour, up until our dessert displays, everything was on point! Our guests were in awe with every detail during cocktail hour. Our dinner courses were spectacular!!!
    You will not regret having your gorgeous wedding day at The Ashford Estate! We highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/13/2016

When looking for my wedding venue I was pretty sure of a few things. I wanted a beautiful atmosphere, fantastic food, friendly and accommodating staff and top notch service. I got all of those things at the Ashford Estate.

People left our wedding in awe because it was truly an incredible experience for us, our families and all of the people who joined us on our special day. You can not beat that place. It is a fairytale venue.

My husband and I were thrilled with our choice and if we could do it all over again we wouldn't hesitate to choose The Ashford again and again.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2016

Dream wedding is an understatement. For years I joked with my family and friends that I would get married at Bonnet Island Estate. We knew the minute we walked in for the tour with Mary, from Merri-Makers, that this was our wedding venue. It was so beautiful by itself there wasn’t much left to do besides show up! Mary was definitely an added bonus. She was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. I was weary about a Friday wedding but being able to get into the estate by 10am made the day feel less rushed and allowed us to relax before the big event. Ellie and Colleen were AMAZING and were there for us every step of the way that day. Most importantly our wedding was a lot of fun. We felt like everything came together perfectly with the help of the staff, they were extremely accommodating and professional. We have gotten so many compliments about the entire day. Everything from the beautiful venue, the delicious food, to the amazingly attentive staff. We cannot thank you enough for making our day one that not only we will remember but one that our guests will be talking about for years to come! We stopped by a few days after the wedding to pick up a few things. As we left we were told to come back to visit, take anniversary or family pictures anytime since we are now part of the Bonnet Island Family.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Melissa, thank you so much for the beautiful review. It was an honor to be a part of your big day, please come back and visit!!!

Kristina · Married on 07/02/2016

I literally cannot say enough about how wonderful everything at the Ashford Estate was. I had my dream wedding at this magical venue on 7/2/16. The Ashford Estate is literally the most beautiful wedding venue I have ever been to. I love that everything is on site- and the different spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception keep the day unfolding for guests like little surprises. The food was excellent! We had salmon and Chateaubriand for our dinner choices and I've never seen so many plates licked clean at a wedding. My guests also told me that they were offered second helpings as there was extra in the kitchen - what a nice touch! The cocktail hour food was amazing as well, as were our strolling desserts - guests thought this idea was different and fun and couldn't stop raving about the options. More than anything, what puts Ashford Estate over the top were the absolutely amazing on site staff. Laura of Merrimakers was by far the most attentive, responsive and wonderful person that I could have asked for in planning my wedding. I am in PR and have planned many events and she and her staff were like I had 100 versions of myself day-of. I like to have my hands in everything to make sure it's all perfect and I have never met anyone who could replicate things exactly as I would have done it. Laura totally got me and my vision and I felt like I could relax and TOTALLY trusted her and her team the day of. Kelsey of Merrimakers was our maitre'd and was equally as amazing as Laura -helping my day run smoothly. Lastly, my bridal attendants, Taylor and Lisa, were so BEYOND amazing and attentive. They made sure me and my groom always had drinks and were able to eat, literally had everything ready and attentive. I cannot say enough about everyone at Ashford Estate. There was not one thing that went wrong, the venue is perfect, the gardens are perfect, the food is perfect, the staff is perfect. I cannot recommend them enough! They gave this bride her dream wedding!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Kristina,
    Thank you so much for allowing us to share your special day! Please come back anytime to just say hi or if you'd like to take some anniversary pictures - it was an absolute pleasure working with you! Warmest Regards, The Entire Merri Makers Family <3

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Laura, the contact for Merri-Makers at the Ashford Estate was incredible. She was available, attentive, knowledgeable, and patient every step of the wedding planning process.

The service provided the day of the wedding was outstanding. Kelsey our Maitre'D and Laura were both available for the rehearsal the day prior. While we hired a day of wedding planner who was helpful, we would have felt as easily as comfortable knowing that Laura and Kelsey were there to help organize the event.

The wait staff was extremely attentive and courteous and were diligent to make us and our guests feel welcomed and happy every step of the way. We do not believe there was a moment when we had to worry about what was happening next and we certainly had a drink in hand without even making a request.

The food was wonderful but not over kill and Laura was excellent at customizing our menu to suit our personal options. If you want amazing service and an excellent experience, I highly recommend using Merri Makers catering for your event!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! Our entire team loved working with you and greatly appreciate that you had us be part of such a special day in your life. We look forward to seeing you again in the future - you must come back to take some anniversary photos!

Merri Makers was the BEST decision I made in all of my wedding planning. Their venue, the Ashford Estate, is absolutely stunning. They say "it is your house for the day" and they mean it. Their staff is incredibly accommodating, professional, and genuine. Giana, one of our staff for the day, actually cried when my dad walked me down the aisle! She was making friends with the groomsmen too! It feels great to have staff that are incredibly dedicated to you and to weddings in general surrounding you on your special day. Leading up to the event, Laura was incredibly responsive, helpful, and organized. I can't recommend the Ashford Estate and Merri Makers enough.

Sent on 08/02/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Neshanic Valley Golf Course in June 2015 and worked exclusively with Merri-Makers catering. The quality of the food was PHENOMENAL- every guest commented on that for both cocktail hour and entrees. I would most definitely recommend Merri-Makers for any catered event!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Merri-Makers Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to share your special day! Please come back anytime to just say hi or if you'd like to take some pictures (this is nice to do on your anniversary) - it was a pleasure working with you!