Meritage Entertainment Reviews

Meritage Entertainment 5
  • Melissa

Melissa Krystel-Whittemore · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Boston Wedding

DJ Greg was such an important part of our wedding reception! He was so intuitive, read the room, and had the whole crowd dancing the entire night! Cannot recommend him (and Meritage Entertainment) enough!

• Rakhi

Rakhi Desai · Getting married on 04/09/2021

So much dancing people forgot to eat

DJ Greg was amazing! Not only did he accommodate our (many) requests, he kept people on the dance floor the entire night. There was a healthy mix of music from 80s rock, 90s hip hop, contemporary hits and of course slower dance songs. People loved the music so much, that a few of my friends completely forgot to eat because they were having too much fun on the dance floor. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Michelle · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Meritage read the room and kept our guests entertained all night!

We hired Meritage (DJ Campbell) to DJ our Aug 2019 wedding. Dan was amazing! He made everything fun, and did a great job reading the room, mixing in all the requests we made ahead of time with tons of other great music that kept everyone on the dance floor (ages 5-83). We absolutely recommend Meritage!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Christina

Christina Castagnozzi · Getting married on 01/07/2020

DJ Greg is the best!!

We loved having Greg at our wedding! He was the best DJ and helped us every step of the way. He understood what vibe we were going for and wasn't cheesy or anything. At first we felt a little overwhelmed filling out the music preference sheet because it seemed like a lot of information, but after going over the sheet with Greg over the phone we felt super comfortable and calm. You could just tell that Greg was a professional and knew what we wanted from our sheet/and just from speaking with us. Greg is very personable and easy to chat with. We loved the songs that Greg ended up playing that night and everyone else at our wedding loved it too! We even ended up extending Greg for 'overtime' (for a very reasonable fee) because the dance floor was so packed and everyone wanted to keep the party going. I would definitely recommend Greg for any wedding or party/event! Thanks Greg! :)

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Nicky

Nicky Nobbs · Getting married on 12/10/2019

DJ DAN for the win!

Genuinely, I could not be happier with DJ Dan. He absolutely MADE the night. Let's be real, the food and the drinks are important, but the music is the epicenter of all great weddings. He crushed it. Not one bad song, not one lull in excitement. We danced for two straight hours. He helped calm the nerves of narrowing down music choices, and covered everything we wanted to hear. It was perfect.
    P.S. His wife did the up-lighting and their duo is fantastic.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Brodeur · Married on 11/03/2019

DJ Greg was amazing!

We had Greg Gervais as our wedding DJ, and I'm so glad—he was amazing! He did our entire wedding—ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception—and did such a great job picking different types of music for each part of the night. We talked before the wedding about what type of music my now-husband and I like to listen to normally, and he made a point to play songs from each of the artists we had specifically mentioned throughout the night. He also did a really good job of reading the crowd and playing off of the reactions to various songs. Several of our guests specifically told us how great they thought the DJ was. He was also a super nice guy, so we're really happy we went with Meritage and DJ Greg. :)

Sent on 11/17/2019

James Scott · Married on 10/25/2019

Perfect party

We asked James to keep the dance floor packed and to make it a party to remember. He delivered and then some. Highly recommend.

Matthew D Bradley · Married on 10/18/2019

DJ Dan Killed It

Couldn't have bern happier with DJ Dan & Meritage!

• Deana

Deana Brown · Married on 10/18/2019

Unlike Any Other Wedding Experience

Our DJ, James, provided us a truly unique wedding dance floor that I have NEVER seen before. We communicated our vision to him: we wanted a club/party vibe. He not only took all of our must-plays and suggestions, but also offered his own special input to help us reach our vision. And it worked. My guests were complimenting me on "the best DJ" and "most lit dance floor" ever the entire night!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Erin

Erin Devito · Married on 10/13/2019

Great to work with!

We hired Meritage for DJ and lighting at our wedding after attending a friend's wedding and loving the music, and we are so happy we did! From the beginning, Meritage was easy to work with, asking us all the right questions and understanding our vision for the day. DJ Dan was fabulous -- high energy, charismatic and kept the crowd on the dance floor all night! Everyone raved about how much fun they had. I would absolutely recommend hiring Meritage for your wedding or event!

Sent on 11/12/2019

stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely AMAZING!

The dance floor was full all night! It was exactly the type of celebration I wanted! The playlist was perfect, Evan really listened to what we wanted and I couldn’t have envisioned a better night!

Meritage Entertainment 6
  • Lisa

Lisa Parent · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing night where we danced all night!

For our wedding, we worked with James DiNanno and DJ Pete O'Karma . Our experience was nothing short of PERFECT! From our first phone call with Pete I knew we were in good hands as he assured me that my request to have everyone dancing and laughing all night long would be fulfiled. Despite my dancing skills being nothing short of those similar to Elaine from Seinfeld I would still want to dance all night. He was exceptionally professional, reaching out as time got closer to nail down detail and overall dilligent in making sure that the atmosphere of our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more. Almost a month after the wedding I am still recieving glowing reviews on how good our DJ was. If you are looking for a DJ that will listen to your requests, nail the intro's of the wedding party and get everyone on the dance floor, you have found them in Meritage Entertainment.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2019

Most Incredible DJ Ever!

If you are reading this review you already know. Your music is single handedly the most significant part of your night. It’s what people often remember the most about a wedding. Looking through Meritage’s reviews you will see hundreds of reviews saying all the same things. Well I am here to tell you they are all true!

I had met James and Liz a few years back, long before I was engaged, and knew in that very moment that when it came time for my wedding, I HAD to have them there. These two are easily the most wonderful, down to earth people I have ever met and their passion and love for what they do just emanates off them. I had the pleasure of working with James and Liz for my recent Newport wedding and I will tell you that hiring Meritage was the greatest decision we made.

Their level of professionalism, attentiveness and talent is unmatched. Right from the start you can feel how truly invested they are and how they genuinely want to make this the most incredible day of your life.

Liz is an absolute gem, I know nothing about lighting so I leaned on her for what would work best. Our venue was GLOWING. I have never seen such beautiful lighting before. It was not your typical brightly colored up lights, we had a gorgeous candlelit glow during dinner and then they were able to change the lighting to set the mood for dancing. It was flawless.

James was equally as incredible to work with. My now husband and I had very specific ideas for our music. We had particular songs we wanted played for our ceremony and even had specific parts of songs we wanted to enter our ceremony and reception to. It’s hard to for me to put into words how absolutely amazing our music was. I had a vision and without even having to go into tremendous detail, James NAILED IT. He listens so intently to what you are looking for and has such a talent for bringing your vision to life. I get emotional every time I think back to our ceremony because the music was everything I wanted and then some!

As far as the rest of our evening goes, our dance floor was PACKED. The entire night. We have been receiving compliments for weeks on how great our music was and how nobody has ever seen so many people dancing at a wedding before. The music never stops and the transitions from entrances, to first dance and into cake cutting are seamless. They never skipped a beat. There was never a lull in the night. Their ability to read the crowd on the spot, engage with them and keep the party going is like nothing I have ever seen before.

I can’t thank Meritage enough for helping to make our wedding day so remarkable. We had the best night of our lives and it would simply not have been possible without James and Liz! There is no reason to look any further, if you are looking for the best DJ you have found it!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Cailin · Married on 09/28/2019

Great Experience

We hired Meritage on a recommendation from our venue and we were not disappointed! James was extremely helpful and responsive to all of our questions prior to booking. We ended up booking Evan for the big day and he was absolutely amazing. They way that he mixed each song into the next was perfect, everybody was on the dance floor the entire night. We are still getting compliments on how good the music/dance party was. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Christine

Christine Vasselin · Married on 09/27/2019

DJ Greg is the best wedding DJ ever

DJ Greg Gervais was the best wedding DJ we could ever ask for! We gave him a list of songs that we wanted for important moments, and he was amazing with the rest of the night! He keeps the party going, so much so that we had to ask him to keep going an extra half hour people were having that much fun! Truly a professional, and you won't regret asking him to DJ your wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy Clark Morrissey · Married on 09/21/2019

Fun fun fun

We were lucky enough to have Evan from Meritage As our DJ. He was so awesome and laid back we couldn’t have asked for a better match for us. He kept everyone up dancing the whole time and played the perfect type of music to keep everyone moving. We let him have total control with the exception of a few songs (entrance song, first dance and last dance) and he really knocked it out of the park. He did a great job reading the crowd and we couldn’t have asked for anything better. If you’re looking for a fun, energetic dance floor, Evan is your guy!

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2019

Best DJ out there!!!

I would recommend James and Meritage a million times over! He is so professional and helpful not only day of, but leading up to your big day as well. I had reached out to James with a ton of non DJ questions that I wanted his opinion on and he went over the moon to answer them all (and be somewhat of a voice of reason!) Day of as well, James was amazing. I received so many compliments on our DJ and how he kept the evening moving so flawlessly. Best DJ ever!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect from Start to Finish!

I highly recommend working with Meritage Entertainment! James and his wife Liz were our DJ and lighting professionals for our wedding on 9/14 and we could not have been more pleased with how the day went. From starting the planning process to the small day of details and pop-up requests, James was helpful, professional, and got everyone on the dancefloor! An amazing value for an unforgettable night. Thank you James and Liz!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Angelika

Angelika Lukasik · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding DJ Experience Ever!!

Meritage Entertainment was absolutely wonderful to work with. They took the time to get to know us as a couple and get to know the type of music we wanted played at our wedding. Our DJ, Dan Campbell, did an absolutely STELLAR job at the wedding. I swear he was a mind reader and every consecutive song seemed to be exactly what the dancefloor was craving next. When it came to the million and one steps of planning our wedding, the DJ part of that was an absolute breeze thanks to Meritage, their owner James DiNanno who also played a huge part in making sure everything was planned to perfection, and DJ Dan- the mind reader! We would recommend Meritage to anyone in a heartbeat

Sent on 09/28/2019

Rachel Hickey · Married on 09/14/2019

5 out of 5 stars!

When’s the last time you’ve been to a wedding where the dance floor is filled before they even serve the salad? DJ Greg played a variety of music which allowed all my guests to enjoy dancing the night away. Prior to our wedding, I filled out a survey and worked with Greg closely regarding my music preferences. He was able to take our request and create an atmosphere that led to the best dance floor in wedding history. Would highly recommend - my friends are already requesting a one year wedding renewal with DJ Greg!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Julia Best · Married on 09/07/2019

The PERFECT night!!

I could go on and on about how amazing James was at our wedding! Our ceremony music was timed perfectly and was followed by the best reception ever. James had great energy and kept the guests pumped up and out of their seats all night! We have only positive things to say about Meritage Entertainment and are so happy we used them for our wedding. We had the best night and had SO much fun dancing the night away. James, we truly can’t thank you enough!

Meritage Entertainment 7
    Meritage Entertainment 8
    Meritage Entertainment 9
    Meritage Entertainment 10
    Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Jade

Jade Macaulay · Married on 09/07/2019

Dan Campbell/Meritage was incredible!

We could not have picked a better DJ or company to work with. They went over every single detail with us to make sure everything was perfect. There was a seamless transition from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception. Dan had every single person on the dance floor all night- what more could you ask for? We had a blast and danced the entire night!! Our guests said it was one of the most fun weddings they’ve ever been to. Dan had every song I chose played at just the right time and I did not have to stress at all. He was accommodating with last minute changes, and on board and excited to be there bringing my vision to light. I truly had a 5 star experience and would recommend him and the whole Meritage team to anyone who will listen.

- Jade and Aaron

Meritage Entertainment 20
  • Chip

Chip Cunningham · Married on 09/06/2019

Best Decision I Made for Our Wedding

James and his team at Meritage were professional, organized, and had our wedding rockin! When I was vetting potential DJ's for our special day, Meritage was a company that "just got it." They knew exactly what our vision for the wedding was, and executed it to perfection. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Meritage Entertainment. 5 stars!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen OBrien · Married on 08/31/2019

Ultimate dance party!

We had DJ Dan and he was great! He kept the dance floor packed all night! A lot of my guests were raving about how fun it was. He did a great job of playing songs that we wanted, while also taking into account what my guests wanted and keeping people dancing. There were one or two songs we wanted him to play that I think he might have forgotten about, but we reminded him and he stayed later at no extra charge to make sure he played them! He also came extra early at no extra charge to make sure he was ready to go for our cocktail hour for a seamless transition into the reception. DJ DAN ALL THE WAY!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2019

Every wedding NEEDS Meritage

I can't say enough good things about James at Meritage. He made our wedding day the best party ever. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night, and I'm not exaggerating! He did an excellent job MC'ing the day and keeping up the excitement level. You're wedding is guaranteed to be a blast if James is your DJ!

Sent on 09/02/2019