87 Reviews for Merion Tribute House

Event Planning (2)
Event Rentals (2)
Dance Floor (2)
86 Merion Tribute House Reviews

Merion Tribute House is an absolutely beautiful and unique venue! We were so happy to have been able to have our wedding there. We received so many compliments from our guests. The staff was very helpful and responsive throughout the process of working with them. Thank you for helping make our wedding day so special!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so glad we chose the Tribute House for our ceremony and reception! We had a fabulous experience - very professional, accommodating, easy to work with and so pleasant. The grounds and building are beautiful - all our guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the place is. Because it's a non-profit we were able to save money on taxes and liquor costs. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture clare, 6/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This is an absolutely gorgeous venue with beautifully manicured grounds and gardens. It's a picture perfect place to have both your reception and ceremony. Colette, the manager of the Tribute House, made this entire event "as easy as pie". She and Terry have done so many events at the Tribute House, that they are ready for any questions you may have and have great suggestions including lists of vendors that have worked here in the past. Our endless questions and visits were handled professionally. We visited multiples times to see the work of different vendors to help with the decision making process. We couldn't have been happier with the results.

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Although I have not had my wedding yet, I can't wait to hold it at the MTH. Amazing inside and out, it's beautiful and elegant. The staff I have been in contact with have been so kind and beyond helpful. Since this was built as a community center and are a non-profit, I found the pricing extremely fair for what you receive. The MTH has already made a huge impression on me and I can't wait to celebrate an amazing day in my life with friends and family at such a great location.

Profile Picture User6056869, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

I held my ceremony and reception at the Merion Tribute House and couldn't be more pleased. They were flexible, helping me set up chairs outside for the ceremony and inside in case it rained. Luckily the weather held out and we had a beautiful garden ceremony accented by their exquisite landscaping and flowers. My guests raved about "how cool" and "unique" the venue was. If you're looking for something a little more interesting than a hotel banquet hall, this is for you. The staff was helpful and responsive with my many questions leading up to the big day and was essential in coordination and logistics the day of. Couldn't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Parking

The Merion Tribute House was a dream venue, it makes me giddy just thinking about the fact that I got to get married in such a magical place. Picking a venue and planning a wedding in the Philadelphia Area when you live in California is not an easy task, and I couldn't be happier that I went with Merion Tribute House - it was the PERFECT place for our day and set a vibe that was truly unique and wonderful. The building and grounds are breathtakingly beautiful and made our guests swoon - even my early pictures in front of the beautiful red doors are amazing! The grounds look gorgeous at all times of the year - and what is great about the space is it has it's own gothic vibe, but it can also be transformed to fit your personality. We felt like we were getting married in a castle, and it totally fit the romantic feeling we were going for. The beauty of the building speaks for itself, but it was the flexibility and kindness of the staff that really took this venue to the next level. Colette and team were so flexible about letting me stop by the venue when I was in town from CA any time I needed to, and the venue worked so well with all of my vendors. When a freak summer downpour rolled in 15 minutes before my outdoor ceremony (the weather report said 0% chance of rain!), the team at Merion Tribute House was AMAZING - they helped run all the flowers inside and set up a beautiful, intimate standing room only ceremony in front of their gorgeous fireplace in the foyer in no time - I actually think the ceremony ended up being more perfect than if we had had it outside. By the time the ceremony was done the rain had stopped and we had cocktails on the gorgeous terrace and did our picture outside in the romantic, dewy twilight. I can't imagine another venue handling this freak situation like such pros, and making us feel so at ease throughout. This is a wonderful, special, unique venue for your wedding - highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/23/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

My husband and I had an all- around excellent experience having our reception at Merion Tribute House. We worked with Collette from the beginning, and she was patient throughout and especially during the last couple weeks leading up to the planning to answer last minute questions or address any concerns we had. They were so accommodating as well - our aunt had offered later in our planning to help decorate, and Collette allowed her to come in the day before to set up. As well, on the day of, everything was perfect. It is just an absolutely beautiful venue with immaculately kept grounds and facilities. The veranda was perfect for our cocktail hour and the lounges inside gave our guests who wanted a little extra shade a respite from the early summer heat. And if you are looking at Merion Tribute House for a summer wedding, their air conditioning is excellent as well! We had an overwhelmingly positive experience with this venue, and we'd highly recommend to any couple considering it for their wedding!!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

If I could give this venue more than 5 stars I would. This venue was amazing. We had our wedding there on April 29th, 2016 and it was so beautiful. We have gotten so many compliments on the venue, all the vendors and guests loved it and it was incredible. It was cold and rainy so we had to have the ceremony inside even though I had my heart set on having it outside. However, Colette and Terri were able to make it happen inside and be just as beautiful as I had ever imagined. They let you borrow their decorations free of charge and are extremely helpful. If you are questioning choosing your this as your venue, I would like to encourage you to pick this location. You will not regret it. You will have an amazing day. Thank you Merion Tribute House for making our day so much more special!!!!

Profile Picture Genevieve, 4/29/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Event Rentals

As soon as my husband and I found this place we were in love. Not only is it absolutely stunning, but the staff is incredible as well. Colette was an absolute pleasure to work with. Terry was there the day of our rehearsal and wedding day and she was absolutely outstanding. She made things so easy and we are extremely grateful for all of their help. I highly recommend the Merion Tribute House to anyone looking for an amazing wedding venue.

Profile Picture Jenn, 1/2/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely beautiful! I, as well as my parents have received many compliments about how unique and beautiful this venue is. The staff was amazing to work with. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Tables

We were blown away when we visited MTH and knew we had to book it. On top of its breathtaking appearance and amazing affordability, Colette and the staff were incredible to work with. They are very receptive to many visits, emails, and last minute questions. We used Sage caterers and had a wonderfully smooth experience. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Profile Picture Indira, 11/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are getting married on October 11 and chose the Merion Tribute House for our reception. I have been working with Collette, who is by far the best wedding venue professional that I have dealt with in our search. One look at MTH, and our mind was made up. It is stunning, the price is incredibly reasonable, and their rules are very easy to work with, unlike the crazy list of can/cannots given to us by other venues.

Additionally, their list of caterers/vendors is phenominal and our caterer chosen from their list, Sage, has excellent food and customer service.

Profile Picture User5248758, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so happy I had my wedding at the merion tribute house! I was searching for a castle and found this place. It's gorgeous and unique! All my guests raved over the place and said how beautiful it was, everyone was out on the terrace the whole night! I had 127 guests and we fit comfortably. I would highly recommend this venue, it was perfect.

Profile Picture User5437054, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

we hosted our wedding at the Merion tribute house on Sunday august 16th 2015 This was the perfect venue for our Sunday afternoon wedding. The Merion Tribute house set in a beautifully matured garden like area, with a long driveway that blew guests minds as they approached. We had our ceremony of the front lawn, We didn't need any décor at all. The venue has such beautiful gardens and planters that it sets the tone for any affair. Our cocktail hour took place between the stone patio, legion room, lounge area and main hall.. all beautifully decorated areas!!!! Photos do not do the Merion Tribute house justice, you have to see it in person to appreciate its beauty and elegance.

We worked directly with Colette thru out the planning process..... She was so patient, kind, understating and extremely helpful!!! Colette made great suggestions that made our wedding day even more special.... She responds to emails and phone calls so quickly, which is very important when planning a wedding and makes the process seem stress free....

I would refer any couple looking for a great venue to the Merion Tribute House ( ask for Colette)

Profile Picture James, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So far it's been a very easy process working with the tribute house. They are very responsive to questions and helpful. The place is absolutely beautiful and i can't wait to have my wedding here next month. The prices are very reasonable and if you chose a day sunday through thursday, i believe, you can bring your own caterer. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants to get married in a castle like place on a budget.

Profile Picture samantha, 7/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Merion Tribute House was the perfect setting for our wedding - an absolutely beautiful venue - and everything was handled professionally. We loved it.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cant wait to have my wedding here in MArch

Profile Picture theresa, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at the Merion Tribute House this past November. We had a wonderful experience throughout the planning process as well as the wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous! Our guests were all very impressed. Unfortunately, we had some unwelcome guests show up towards the end of the night, but the staff from Merion Tribute handled the situation with professionalism and grace. Colette and Darby were amazing to work with! I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Profile Picture amanda, 11/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Besides being a beautiful place, the staff is awesome. They are understanding when it comes to a hair-brained bride and they make sure your day goes right!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Merion Tribute House was an amazing venue for our 9/20/14 wedding. Colette and her team are extremely responsive and helpful. We planned from three time zones away but had no problems working with them! The grounds and venue are extremely well maintained. We held our ceremony outside under the oak tree. I also recommend having a band- the stage and acoustics are great. Our guests raved about the venue and the location is really accessible. Also- the Tribute House photographs well- your pictures will be great!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance and I immediately knew that Merion Tribute House was the ideal venue for our July 2014 wedding reception. Colette was a joy to work with. She was very helpful with questions, responded in a timely manner and worked well discussing details and walk-throughs with Shannon, our wedding coordinator from Jeffrey Miller Catering.

The patio was a spectacular spot for our cocktail themed wedding reception in the summer and the rooms inside provided great spaces for a variety of food stations, live entertainment, couches for lounging and beautiful fireplaces filled with lit white candles. The balcony was a sweet send-off at the end of the evening. Also, I have to mention that the perfectly air-conditioned bridal suite was a cool respite for changing into my gown on a summer day. Thank you, for making our special day even better than our imagination.

Profile Picture Dawn, 7/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently used Merion Tribute House for our wedding ceremony and reception and were extremely pleased with the venue from both the aesthetic and functional perspectives. The architecture evokes the feel of an English manor, which suited us perfectly as a couple. We got numerous compliments on how beautiful the flowers were outside and how nice it was to have space to mingle in various rooms outside of the reception hall.

Colette, the MTH Manager, was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so sweet, very responsive to emails, and extremely accommodating. Leading up to the day of the wedding, I had no worries about the logistics of the day.

Even though Colette could not be there on our special day, and there were a few minor hiccups concerning the availability of the on-site manager during the reception, everything went smoothly overall. I highly recommend the Merion Tribute House!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband discovered Merion Tribute House through an Internet search when our previously booked reception venue fell through. Luckily we had plenty of time. This was the BEST thing that could have happened in our wedding planning as it was a true blessing to find this exceptionally unique venue. My husband was very clear that he wanted a UNIQUE space--no hotels, no country clubs--so we didn't have many options. I also wanted a venue that was close to our ceremony site AND was nice enough to take our pictures so we wouldn't have a separate photo stop. Merion had it all and more! I cannot describe in words what a beautiful backdrop it provided for our wedding. All of our guests commented on its beauty and asked where we found it. The venue speaks for itself, but what really made planning a pleasure was the Merion staff. We were so relieved that they didn't have crazy restrictions and were available to answer all of our questions and concerns. We were allowed to make appointments to walk through the venue multiple times as we wanted to show our parents and photographer. Every time we did a walk through, I could picture our wedding day more clearly! Discovering this castle-like venue was meant to be! Merion really made our wedding a true fairytale.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is so perfect for a medium-sized wedding. The primary reason we picked it (aside from being gorgeous) was the size. You have the place all to yourself, no other weddings or guests or recreationalists walking around or near your reception. But it was still small enough that with 100 guests it felt intimate. There were separate spaces for the cocktail hour and the reception. We used the patio throughout the whole night, enjoying the beautiful views and nice May weather. Collette and her staff were superb. They responded immediately to every question. They were incredibly professional, but also willing to accommodate us any time they could. For example, our wedding was on a Friday and there was no event scheduled the day before. So they let us use the large basement to make the flower arrangements and store them in their huge refrigerators. A lot of places would've said that's against the rules or an extra fee or just a hassle, but Collette said "Sure, no problem." I can't recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/9/14, 3 Reviews