Merion Tribute House Reviews

Merion Tribute House 5
Merion Tribute House 6
Merion Tribute House 7

Han · Married on 04/13/2019

Classic and elegant place for wedding ceremony & reception

Merion Tribute House is a gorgeous place to hold classic and elegant wedding ceremony and reception. Our ceremony was out-door in front of Merion Tribute House on second weekend of April. Weather was very nice, perfect warm spring temperature, sunny, fairly green nature in background, hints of yellow flowers here and there, and pink flower trees nearby.

Reception was hold in-door, inside the ballroom which has capacity of around 150 people at max. Intricate interior designs of Merion Tribute House provided guests to look around and enjoyed the views and us to take many great photos inside. They have nice fire place only used over winter. On the hallway, there is second floor balcony where you can toss bouquet.

It was very pleasant to have ceremony and reception at Merion Tribute House. The place has bridal and groom suite individually, where you can have getting ready photos. They give you earlier access to the venue if you want to have first look before the wedding. The place has plenty of open free parking spots for guests, large kitchen area for catering.

People working there, especially Colette and Terri, are very very friendly, kind, and highly professional. They gave many suggestions on where to start planning for wedding, which vendors they have worked with, and what would be good timeline for us. Thanks to them, we were very happy and satisfied with our wedding.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

One visit to Merion Tribute House and we were sure this was the place. In addition to the picturesque architecture and landscaping, the flow of the space really spoke to us. On the day of the event, our 150 guests flowed around the fairly open floor plan, exploring the front garden, the fireplace room, the grand hall, and the ballroom. Somehow, it feels grand and cozy at the same time. As a practical matter, it was important that MTH works with a number of approved caterers, giving us plenty of options within our budget, and allowing us to buy our own alcohol. For us, that meant that while the venue rental cost was slightly higher than most other venues we saw, the ability to control our catering and bar budget made it overall much more affordable. The rental also comes with chairs, and several other items they’ve accumulated or inherited from weddings over the years, such as an arc, easels, and birdcage for cards.

And, oh yeah, did I mention the architecture and landscaping is gorgeous? We stayed on-site for our first look and pictures. These pictures will be on our mantels and walls for a lifetime, and hopefully other walls and mantels for generations. Suffice it to say, the grounds certainly rose to the occasion.

Special thanks to Collette, who helped us from our first tour to the last dance and made it all very easy.

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Merion Tribute House 8
    Merion Tribute House 9
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/18/2018

A Magical Experience

Merion Tribute House was the perfect venue for our Harry Potter-themed wedding! We used it for both our ceremony and reception. It's in a neighborhood setting, so you can't actually see the venue from the road, but once you turn into the driveway it really does feel magical - like you're arriving at Hogwarts! Not only was the venue stunning, but they also have an on-site coordinator to help you the day of, which was enormously helpful to us as we were planning from out-of-state, and they have a room filled with supplies other events have left behind that you can borrow from. And, if after all that you still aren't convinced - you get to toss your bouquet from the balcony. I mean, how cool is that? If you're looking for a one of a kind wedding venue in the Philadelphia area, look no further than the Merion Tribute House.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Merion Tribute House 19
    Merion Tribute House 20
    Merion Tribute House 21

Cheryl · Married on 11/18/2017

Merion Tribute House is an absolutely beautiful and unique venue! We were so happy to have been able to have our wedding there. We received so many compliments from our guests. The staff was very helpful and responsive throughout the process of working with them. Thank you for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 05/20/2018

clare · Married on 06/11/2017

We are so glad we chose the Tribute House for our ceremony and reception! We had a fabulous experience - very professional, accommodating, easy to work with and so pleasant. The grounds and building are beautiful - all our guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the place is. Because it's a non-profit we were able to save money on taxes and liquor costs. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Barbara · Married on 06/10/2017

This is an absolutely gorgeous venue with beautifully manicured grounds and gardens. It's a picture perfect place to have both your reception and ceremony. Colette, the manager of the Tribute House, made this entire event "as easy as pie". She and Terry have done so many events at the Tribute House, that they are ready for any questions you may have and have great suggestions including lists of vendors that have worked here in the past. Our endless questions and visits were handled professionally. We visited multiples times to see the work of different vendors to help with the decision making process. We couldn't have been happier with the results.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Although I have not had my wedding yet, I can't wait to hold it at the MTH. Amazing inside and out, it's beautiful and elegant. The staff I have been in contact with have been so kind and beyond helpful. Since this was built as a community center and are a non-profit, I found the pricing extremely fair for what you receive. The MTH has already made a huge impression on me and I can't wait to celebrate an amazing day in my life with friends and family at such a great location.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/06/2016

I held my ceremony and reception at the Merion Tribute House and couldn't be more pleased. They were flexible, helping me set up chairs outside for the ceremony and inside in case it rained. Luckily the weather held out and we had a beautiful garden ceremony accented by their exquisite landscaping and flowers. My guests raved about "how cool" and "unique" the venue was. If you're looking for something a little more interesting than a hotel banquet hall, this is for you. The staff was helpful and responsive with my many questions leading up to the big day and was essential in coordination and logistics the day of. Couldn't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Meghan · Married on 07/23/2016

The Merion Tribute House was a dream venue, it makes me giddy just thinking about the fact that I got to get married in such a magical place. Picking a venue and planning a wedding in the Philadelphia Area when you live in California is not an easy task, and I couldn't be happier that I went with Merion Tribute House - it was the PERFECT place for our day and set a vibe that was truly unique and wonderful. The building and grounds are breathtakingly beautiful and made our guests swoon - even my early pictures in front of the beautiful red doors are amazing! The grounds look gorgeous at all times of the year - and what is great about the space is it has it's own gothic vibe, but it can also be transformed to fit your personality. We felt like we were getting married in a castle, and it totally fit the romantic feeling we were going for. The beauty of the building speaks for itself, but it was the flexibility and kindness of the staff that really took this venue to the next level. Colette and team were so flexible about letting me stop by the venue when I was in town from CA any time I needed to, and the venue worked so well with all of my vendors. When a freak summer downpour rolled in 15 minutes before my outdoor ceremony (the weather report said 0% chance of rain!), the team at Merion Tribute House was AMAZING - they helped run all the flowers inside and set up a beautiful, intimate standing room only ceremony in front of their gorgeous fireplace in the foyer in no time - I actually think the ceremony ended up being more perfect than if we had had it outside. By the time the ceremony was done the rain had stopped and we had cocktails on the gorgeous terrace and did our picture outside in the romantic, dewy twilight. I can't imagine another venue handling this freak situation like such pros, and making us feel so at ease throughout. This is a wonderful, special, unique venue for your wedding - highly recommended!!!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Meaghan · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I had an all- around excellent experience having our reception at Merion Tribute House. We worked with Collette from the beginning, and she was patient throughout and especially during the last couple weeks leading up to the planning to answer last minute questions or address any concerns we had. They were so accommodating as well - our aunt had offered later in our planning to help decorate, and Collette allowed her to come in the day before to set up. As well, on the day of, everything was perfect. It is just an absolutely beautiful venue with immaculately kept grounds and facilities. The veranda was perfect for our cocktail hour and the lounges inside gave our guests who wanted a little extra shade a respite from the early summer heat. And if you are looking at Merion Tribute House for a summer wedding, their air conditioning is excellent as well! We had an overwhelmingly positive experience with this venue, and we'd highly recommend to any couple considering it for their wedding!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Genevieve · Married on 04/29/2016

If I could give this venue more than 5 stars I would. This venue was amazing. We had our wedding there on April 29th, 2016 and it was so beautiful. We have gotten so many compliments on the venue, all the vendors and guests loved it and it was incredible. It was cold and rainy so we had to have the ceremony inside even though I had my heart set on having it outside. However, Colette and Terri were able to make it happen inside and be just as beautiful as I had ever imagined. They let you borrow their decorations free of charge and are extremely helpful. If you are questioning choosing your this as your venue, I would like to encourage you to pick this location. You will not regret it. You will have an amazing day. Thank you Merion Tribute House for making our day so much more special!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Jenn · Married on 01/02/2016

As soon as my husband and I found this place we were in love. Not only is it absolutely stunning, but the staff is incredible as well. Colette was an absolute pleasure to work with. Terry was there the day of our rehearsal and wedding day and she was absolutely outstanding. She made things so easy and we are extremely grateful for all of their help. I highly recommend the Merion Tribute House to anyone looking for an amazing wedding venue.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2015

Absolutely beautiful! I, as well as my parents have received many compliments about how unique and beautiful this venue is. The staff was amazing to work with. It was perfect!

Sent on 01/01/2016
  • I

Indira · Married on 11/14/2015

We were blown away when we visited MTH and knew we had to book it. On top of its breathtaking appearance and amazing affordability, Colette and the staff were incredible to work with. They are very receptive to many visits, emails, and last minute questions. We used Sage caterers and had a wonderfully smooth experience. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Sent on 11/22/2015

We are getting married on October 11 and chose the Merion Tribute House for our reception. I have been working with Collette, who is by far the best wedding venue professional that I have dealt with in our search. One look at MTH, and our mind was made up. It is stunning, the price is incredibly reasonable, and their rules are very easy to work with, unlike the crazy list of can/cannots given to us by other venues.

Additionally, their list of caterers/vendors is phenominal and our caterer chosen from their list, Sage, has excellent food and customer service.

Sent on 07/16/2015

I am so happy I had my wedding at the merion tribute house! I was searching for a castle and found this place. It's gorgeous and unique! All my guests raved over the place and said how beautiful it was, everyone was out on the terrace the whole night! I had 127 guests and we fit comfortably. I would highly recommend this venue, it was perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2015

James · Married on 08/16/2015

we hosted our wedding at the Merion tribute house on Sunday august 16th 2015 This was the perfect venue for our Sunday afternoon wedding. The Merion Tribute house set in a beautifully matured garden like area, with a long driveway that blew guests minds as they approached. We had our ceremony of the front lawn, We didn't need any décor at all. The venue has such beautiful gardens and planters that it sets the tone for any affair. Our cocktail hour took place between the stone patio, legion room, lounge area and main hall.. all beautifully decorated areas!!!! Photos do not do the Merion Tribute house justice, you have to see it in person to appreciate its beauty and elegance.

We worked directly with Colette thru out the planning process..... She was so patient, kind, understating and extremely helpful!!! Colette made great suggestions that made our wedding day even more special.... She responds to emails and phone calls so quickly, which is very important when planning a wedding and makes the process seem stress free....

I would refer any couple looking for a great venue to the Merion Tribute House ( ask for Colette)

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • Sam

samantha · Married on 07/05/2015

So far it's been a very easy process working with the tribute house. They are very responsive to questions and helpful. The place is absolutely beautiful and i can't wait to have my wedding here next month. The prices are very reasonable and if you chose a day sunday through thursday, i believe, you can bring your own caterer. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants to get married in a castle like place on a budget.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

Merion Tribute House was the perfect setting for our wedding - an absolutely beautiful venue - and everything was handled professionally. We loved it.

Sent on 06/26/2015
  • theresa

theresa · Married on 03/14/2015

I cant wait to have my wedding here in MArch

Sent on 08/02/2014

Linda · event on 01/31/2015

Merion Tribute House is an amazing venue and Colette is a pleasure to work with. She is very responsive to all phone calls and emails. This is the second year we selected the Tribute House for this event and will more then most likely book it again for next year.

Sent on 02/04/2015

My husband and I got married at the Merion Tribute House this past November. We had a wonderful experience throughout the planning process as well as the wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous! Our guests were all very impressed. Unfortunately, we had some unwelcome guests show up towards the end of the night, but the staff from Merion Tribute handled the situation with professionalism and grace. Colette and Darby were amazing to work with! I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2014

Besides being a beautiful place, the staff is awesome. They are understanding when it comes to a hair-brained bride and they make sure your day goes right!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

The Merion Tribute House was an amazing venue for our 9/20/14 wedding. Colette and her team are extremely responsive and helpful. We planned from three time zones away but had no problems working with them! The grounds and venue are extremely well maintained. We held our ceremony outside under the oak tree. I also recommend having a band- the stage and acoustics are great. Our guests raved about the venue and the location is really accessible. Also- the Tribute House photographs well- your pictures will be great!

Sent on 10/02/2014