Meridian Banquets Reviews

47 | Rolling Meadows, IL

47 Reviews for Meridian Banquets

Kelly · Getting married on 10/10/2020

amazing experience

i personally worked with Phil. he is one of the nicest people ive met while searching for a venue. he is very quick to respond to my emails and goes out of his way to answer questions and make sure i got the best deal. i can not wait to have my wedding here!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Garbarz · Married on 09/28/2019

Breathtaking!’

We worked with Joyce who was so quickly responsive to every little silly detail questions I had up until the wedding day. I’m an organized person, but she did an excellent job of informing me of where I should be at with planning, without being pushy. Her timelines are on point! She made us feel welcomed, and she understood the ambience we were going for. The whole team let me drop by during the planning time unannounced whether just to take photos or ask questions. Everyone is friendly and they make time for you. The service the day of our wedding was outstanding. Catered to like a king and queen, they made sure every detail was up to par. We were slightly delayed in making it to the reception but the manager saw the look of panic in my eyes and escorted me to the bridal suite while making sure the staff let rest of the bridal party know where to go. The food, delicious, the service, outstanding. Well worth every penny.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Borislava · Married on 08/25/2018

Exceeded Expectations !!!

We are so happy we selected Meridian Banquets as our wedding reception venue for our August 25th 2018 wedding. I had the pleasure of working with Joyce, Tina, Phil & Yola. They are all very professional, sweet, accommodating and prompt in answering any questions. All of them were of tremendous help in the planning process. They were all very flexible with all of my ideas , ensuring that my day was exactly how i pictured it. Everything was decorated so beautifully on the day off! The venue is simply put gorgeous!! They had a promotional package of uplighting which was definitely a very nice addition. The food is delicious,all of our guests were raving about it! The waitstaff was outstanding, so polite and hardworking! There was a wide selection of drinks which everybody enjoyed. Overall a perfect venue for any occasion and such a great value! Loved loved loved! Exceeded expectations in every category! Will host all future family events here and would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Cristina · Married on 07/07/2018

I would give this place 100 stars if I could. I was married at The Meridian on 7/7. Yola, Phil and Tina did everything in the realm of possibility to make sure our wedding was perfect. The food was delicious, the service waa above par and the set up was absolutely beautiful. I can't recommend this place enough.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Cecilia-Tiffanie · Married on 07/01/2018

We cannot say more about our experience with the Meridian. We worked with Yola, Joyce, and Phil- what an amazing group of people. Yola answered all of our questions within a day- she gave us options and I didn't feel like they were trying to make additional money by providing us with stuff we did not need. She was straight forward and honest every step of the way.
    The food was fantastic- the staff was polite and even gave me and my wife a take home tray at the end of dinner. Phil was magnificent. Our families spoke really highly of him and his positive attitude! Anything we asked- they accommodated promptly with no problems. The venue lobby is very classy and gorgeous. Loved loved loved everything about our venue. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

An absolutely beautiful and romantic scene for our reception

Meridian Banquets was our first choice right from the start. I have never felt so welcome at a banquet hall than I did at the Meridian. Everyone at the Meridian treated us like family throughout the entire process. They truly took the vision we had for our wedding and made it a reality. Our day was truly perfect thanks to the Meridian.

We were lucky enough to have a first look at the room before any guests came in. I was doubled over in happiness when I first saw it. The Meridian created an absolutely beautiful and romantic scene for our reception. Once guests came in they were seated right away and served the most delicious meal. From the decorations in the room, to the uplighting, to the service, to the bar, to the music, to the food, to the exquisite dessert bar, Meridian Banquets gave us a full five star service.

If you are looking for a place to have your special day at, my husband and I would highly recommend them!

Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Kristine · Married on 03/31/2018

I had my wedding 3/31/18 and it was amazing! I worked with Yola and she was very prompt, personable, professional and made my wedding planning less stressful. She was so quick to reply to all my questions and helped me through the entire process. The venue is gorgeous and food was amazing. All the guests loved the food and stated it was hot when it came out, fresh ingredients, and they had options for vegans. My parents have a lot of their fund-raisers at Meridian Banquets and that is how I heard of them. I highly recommend this Venue! There are so many opportunities for some really amazing photos! I also worked with Tim the day of the reception and he made sure all the final details were just as I Imagined. All the staff members went above and beyond. Meridian helped me stay within my Budget and I am forever grateful for that. Thank you so much for making our day special!

K&J

Sent on 04/09/2018

Erica · Married on 03/17/2018

I had my wedding reception at Meridian Banquets on March 17th, 2018. I worked directly with Joyce Murray during my planning process. Joyce was absolutely a delight to work with! She was professional, courteous, and went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day went perfect. The day of the wedding, the staff was so friendly and provided wonderful customer service. Several of my guests were in awe by how beautiful the banquet hall was and how great the food was. Meridian Banquets is an absolute gem! I can’t wait to use them again for future events.

Sent on 05/01/2018
  • FutureMrs.BMD

Laura · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our reception at the Meridian and it was incredible! They exceeded all of our expectations and then some. We did have some hiccups along the way, but nothing is perfect and they quickly handled all issues, I had no complaints! We worked with Yola and Tina primarily and they were phenomenal! If we ever need or know someone who needs to have a party somewhere nice this will be the spot to recommend. Their meal portions are huge and everything is of class and elegance!

Sent on 10/21/2017

James · Married on 07/02/2017

Great experience at the meridian. The venue looked exactly as promised, the room looked like a showroom and the food was top notch. We still have guests calling us about how great the reception was

Sent on 07/23/2017

Tayra · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband and I worked with Yola during most of our interactions. Yola was so friendly and willing to answer any questions that we had. She made the process very seamless and stressfree. The day of our wedding, our room looked amazing! The staff had set everything up just as we had discussed. The staff was also super friendly with us and our guests. We would recommend Meridian Banquets to everyone! They were very reasonably priced. The food was amazing! Our cake also tasted amazing!

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • O

Daniel · Married on 09/10/2016

Meridian was our venue for our wedding this past September, and they were phenomenal. Words can't describe how good they were and we are so happy we chose them. We worked with Joyce, and she made sure that our day would be perfect. On the wedding day, Joyce and her staff made sure we were taken care of. ALL of the staff were very attentive and friendly. Our guests raved about the food and said it was one of the best wedding meals they have ever had. The food and desserts were delicious! I would recommend Meridian to anyone!

Sent on 11/15/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at Meridian Banquets this past August! We worked with Joyce, and she made sure we were 100% happy and everything turned out the way we wanted. The room looked amazing, the food was great (and large portions), and service was outstanding. We have received SO many compliments on how amazing our wedding was, and much of this is due to the Meridian. Must say, the value for everything we got couldn't be matched anywhere else. We'd recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Andrew · Married on 12/19/2015

Absolutely loved the staff and their work. From the first sit down to the day of our wedding, they were absolutely awesome and went above and beyond to make our day special

Sent on 01/01/2016

maureen · Married on 10/03/2015

When I saw our room it brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful. The food was amazing & the staff was spectacular!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Ellie · Married on 11/08/2014

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony & reception at Meridian on Saturday, November 8, 2014.

Joyce was very helpful and accommodating. She was able to put together a discounted package for us with a minimum of 80 guests. We did not want to have a large wedding and a lot of other places wanted a minimum of 100 guests. The other thing that really grabbed us was how beautiful the lobby and rooms were - lobby has high ceilings, a fountain in the middle and multiple photo-opportunity spots for wedding photos (white couch with a backdrop, etc). Another reason why we knew we liked this place is because all of their rooms are separate rooms.

We chose the 2014 Meridian Wedding Package which included: 6 hour event - a four course meal (choice of soup, salad, entrée, vegetable, potato, and wedding cake), bread & coffee, 4 hours of open bar with premium liquor, wine service during dinner, choice of colored napkins, a centerpiece consisting of a round mirror, 3 candles, and fresh roses, champagne for the head table, and a private bridal suite (with champagne and an assorted cheese tray).

We also added a sweet table and reception room uplighting to our package. We were going to add hors d'oeuvres but decided against it due to our budget. But it wasn't a big deal - guests still snacked on the sweet table and visited the bar during cocktail hour.

Throughout my communication with Joyce and the rest of the staff, I always felt taken care of. Joyce had great ideas for things that I had trouble deciding on. She guaranteed me that our wedding would be memorable and beautiful. And it was.

The one thing that our guests have been complimenting us on is the food at Meridian. At our tasting, we were able to sample 3 items from each part of the dinner and decide what we liked best. Our main entrée was the Chicken Francaise.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue! . If I could do this all over again, I would still have my wedding here. 5 stars.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Dana · Married on 04/26/2014

Meridian is a beautiful place to host any type of party or business meeting. The rooms are sized adequately and each room is designed beautifully. The friendly and helpful staff and great round out this banquet hall to be well worth the money you are going to pay. They were one of the cheaper banquet halls in the area and I was so glad we went with them.

Sent on 07/17/2014

I can't even begin to explain how awesome the meridian staff and overall experience was. This was the most amazing banquet hall I have ever seen.

Sent on 12/15/2013

On August 24, 2013, I had my dream wedding at Meridian Banquets. If I could give Meridian Banquets a thousand stars, I would! I can probably write a book on how amazing and wonderful Meridian Banquets is! My husband and I walked into the venue and we absolutely loved the high ceilings. A few moments later when we met Tina and her amazing mother, we knew this was the place we wanted to have our wedding. This is a true family business and my parents, my husband and I felt like we were part of the family.
    Our primary point of contact was Tina. Tina patiently spent hours with me, going through every detail, and on my wedding day everything exceeded my expectations! Meridian went over and above their duties to make sure that we have my dream wedding. An example of how accommodating they are, I wanted to slightly change the cream of chicken soup by adding some diced carrots, rice and garnishing it with parsley, and my request was easily fulfilled. I wanted the chicken to be served family style, so that the sauce from the chicken does not mix with the au jus from the New York strip steak, and again Meridian was happy to accommodate my request. Another must for Meridian, the pool! Ask Tina about it! You will not be disappointed, it is a must have!
    We are so happy that we booked our wedding with Meridian and highly recommend it! The food was amazing (the steaks melted in your mouth, and that is not easy to achieve with 400 steaks), the bar had all of the items which I had specifically requested (like Ciroc), the bartenders and the wait staff were very friendly and accommodating, the sweet table (personally set up by Tina’s mom) was so beautiful, and everything was absolutely perfect, just the way I envisioned it.
    Words can not express my gratitude for everything that Tina, her mom and the entire Meridian staff did. It was such a pleasure working with them and I am so thankful to them for making my dreams come true! I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Tonia · Married on 07/13/2013

I love the Meridian! We had our wedding shower there along with our reception. Tina and her mom were amazing! We got so many compliments on the food and everyone knows that is one of the most important parts! The room was amazing and our head table staff member was great! She made sure we had everything we needed and also got the whole head table a round of drinks. The only small problem I had was one bartender said they didn't have one brand of liquor I was drinking all night. I told him well the guy over there has it so how are you gonna tell me that you don't have it? He also didn't pour my guest a drink until he got a tip. I am so glad that we went with the Meridian and I recommend this venue if you can get it. They get booked quick! The day that we had our wedding, they also had two other wedding. It was a packed house and rumor is that guest from the wedding next door crashed ours! I mean who doesn't love a Greek wedding! They did everything we asked for and went above and beyond our exceptions. We plan on booking other events with them!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Vicky · Married on 06/08/2013

Meridian banquets went above and beyond for our wedding. Our room looked so beautiful and everyone that we worked with there was amazing. Our wedding coordinator Joyce Murray was so awesome to work with there. She accommodated all of our needs and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Thank you to everyone at meridian who made our reception so special!

Sent on 07/26/2013

I saw MB in a Knot magazine and decided to check it out. First and only place I ended up seeing. It used to be an old movie theatre, so the rooms are huge. The lobby is beautiful and they have a brand new fountain. My mom and I met with Joyce. She was so sweet... like a second mom. We walked around and saw all of the rooms. We wanted to have the ceremony and reception there, but in different rooms. The ceremony room is large, but kind of ugly. We ended up having Elegant Event Lighting drape and light the room. The reception rooms are all large and the room we chose (E) holds around 180. The open bar is top shelf! The man and I hadn't set a specific date yet, but we knew we wanted early June. When Joyce and I sat down to discuss dates, I casually threw out June 1 as an option. Surprisingly, both rooms were available! I put a temporary hold on the rooms and called the man that night (he was currently stationed in North Carolina). He said sure, so I went back a few days later to put down a deposit.

Went for our tasting in January and the food was FANTASTIC! The portions are HUGE! We went with the combo plate (prime rib and athenian chicken) with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Our cake and sweet table came with our package, as well as top shelf open bar.

The ceremony and reception went beautifully! Everyone was so nice and helpful. All of my guests were thrilled. It was well priced and a great value!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Joyce and the Meridian staff totally blew us away. First, you absolutely cannot beat the price for the 5 star quality you receive. The food was to die for, the decor done perfectly (you give them the stuff with instructions and they set it up for you), the staff friendly and prompt, and the service divine. I would not have wanted my ceremony anywhere else! We got a ton of compliments on how wonderful the reception looked, how great the food was, and how nice the staff was.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Liz · Married on 12/30/2012

LOVE LOVE LOVED MERIDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We held our wedding reception in their Hall B on December 30th, 2012 --- and they truly created a winter wonderland and festive reception decor for us. It was so elegant, and additional decorations were placed to make the ballroom sparkle.

We felt like a king and queen walking into the ballroom as everyone stood up to applaud us. We were told by many of our friends and family that THIS wedding was the BEST and most BEAUTIFUL wedding they've ever been too!

I would definitely hold another event at Meridian, because of their professionalism, their exceeding all of our expectations, and their insane value and quality of services.

LOVED this vendor. I wish I could put 10 stars for each!!!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Meridian Banquets was absolutley amazing! Our original wedding planner, Susan, was fantastic and she gave us a very good deal for our budget. Susan retired and we ended up with Joyce in the end and everything was flawless!

Sent on 07/13/2012