About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist Reviews

214 | Yorktown Heights, NY

214 Reviews for About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2012

Meredith did an absolute amazing job. She worked her magic in our small hotel room and all of us loved the way we looked. I could not have asked/found a more easy-going and talented artist!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Maureen · Married on 10/06/2012

Meredith is an incredibly talented artist and professional. I really like her personality as she makes you feel that you are so important and not just a client but a friend during your time together. She is so complimentary as she transforms you into the "Mother of the Bride", but really I felt like "Cinderella at the Ball". Thank you is not enough. I look forward to being "transformed" again next year at my youngest daughters wedding as we have already booked Meredith again.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Patricia · Married on 09/22/2012

Meredith was so great to work with!!!! She was so relaxed and helped me relax the morning of my wedding!!! I was so happy to have her there with us. My mother and I both did trials so we saw her work and told her what we liked and didn't like. She is amazing and books up very quickly so if you want an amazing makeup artist call her right away!!!!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Beth · Married on 09/15/2012

Meredith is amazing! My makeup stayed flawless for my entire wedding day, and I never needed a touch-up. She is so talented and professional, and from the moment you meet her, it shows that she truly has a passion for her work. Meredith knows how to make every woman look like a more beautiful version of themself. She wants to make sure each person is completely happy with the end result. She's also super sweet and a pleasure to be around, which is so important on your special day because you want to surround yourself with people who celebrate in your happiness. I highly recommend Meredith and would love to hire her for future special occasions!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Jesica · Married on 09/08/2012

Meredith was simply amazing. I am very picky about my make-up and she delivered high drama for cameras wihout it looking cakey or theatrical. Make-up was beautiful for myself and two bridesmaids. She is so nice and fun and professional. I had a make-up consultations with two very fancy and expensive firms in NYC and Meredith was superior.Cannot recommend more highly.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Nancy · Married on 08/19/2012

Meredith was great! She and her team did a wonderful job. My skin looked amazing all day! I could not have been happier! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Nancy · Married on 08/19/2012

Meredith did an amazing job on my makeup. She was both talented and professional. I couldn't have been happier and recommend her very highly

Sent on 06/11/2013

Amy · Married on 08/11/2012

Meredith was absolutely fabulous! She (with the help of her great assistant) did the make-up for 12 people at my wedding, including myself. She was extremely professional and arrived on time and stayed right up until the ceremony to do touch ups on everyone in the bridal party. I received so many compliments on my make-up and have already sent her name and information to numerous friends who are going to be getting married in the coming year. As it was a fairly hot day, it was great to have her there to do touch ups. Whenever I needed one, she was right there with me, making sure everything was perfect. She also introduced me to my hairstylist (Melissa Scrofani) during the initial consultation. They work as a great team, which made everything really run smoothly on the wedding day. I would HIGHLY recommend Meredith to anyone who wants a very professional, yet fun and down to earth, make-up artist for their big day!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Joelle · Married on 08/01/2012

Meredith was amazing. She was accomodating and honest. She did a really great job and my pictures looked great.

Sent on 09/11/2012

c · Married on 07/29/2012

Meredith was so fantastic! She was completely professional throughout emaills, the trial, and the event. She even helped my sister keep my bridal shower a surprise and worked our trial around it. The makeup looked awesome on everyone and her attention to detail still impresses me. I am soooooooooooo glad I had the opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 09/10/2012
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 07/21/2012

I had my engagement photo session this past weekend and my makeup was done by Meredith Hayman out of Yorktown Heights. My photographer introduced her to me (I'm getting married next month and hadn't heard of her, so I have a different makeup artist) and I couldn't be happier with the job she did! She worked fast and she asked me what I like and what I wanted to highlight on my face. Throughout the entire thing, she was sweet and funny and made the session go by fast and a LOT of fun! It's hard to sit in that chair and follow direction sometimes, but she was easy going and couldn't have been nicer. I looked like the most beautiful version of myself and it was all because of her! If you book her, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Shaina · Married on 07/21/2012

I cannot recommend Meredith enough. I first met her for a trial through a Wedding Channel deal. I had done one other trial before with someone else and I could easily see the difference, not only in her skills but also in how confident and professional she was. On the day of my wedding, Meredith did a phenomenal job with my makeup and also my mom and three bridesmaids. Everyone's makeup lasted all night, there were no complaints, and everyone looked awesome. Meredith is super sweet and very comfortable to be around. If she is available for your wedding, stop looking around and just book her! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2012

I highly recommend Meredith for all future brides! Meredith did a beautiful job on my makeup on my wedding day - she made my skin look perfect and the end result had me looking like a better version of myself, not like a I was wearing crazy stage makeup. The makeup stayed on all day and night, even through taking taking pictures outside on a humid day. Meredith was flexible, and prices were great. She even helped recommend my hair stylist (Melissa Scrofani), and the two of them worked really well together, too. Overall, I felt that Meredith was a very professional, she seemed to truly enjoy what she does and seemed genuinely excited to be a part of my day. Excellent job - could not be happier with the results!

Sent on 08/01/2012

I planned my wedding cross country so I had to pick my makeup artist based on reviews alone. Meredith came highly rec. through all the wedding websites so I took a chance and went with her. I was NOT disappointed. My wedding was a few weeks ago but I was in NY in April for my shower so I went for my trial then. Meredith did both my makeup as well as my mom's that day. My mom's looked great, as did mine, but there was just something bugging me about it. Meredith told me to wear it out that night and see how I felt, and how it lasted, and get back in touch with her if I was still unhappy. I was, but couldn't fig. out why. When I got back to CA, I started looking at bridal makeup that I thought looked really nice and I realized I wanted diff. colors than I had initially told her. I emailed Meredith and told her this and she was as nice and accomodating as could be. She worked around my insane sched. to fit me in for a second trial the few days I was home before my wedding. She nailed the look I was going for at the second trial so I was confident going into my wedding knowing I'd look great. Well, let's just say she did an even MORE amazing job the day of my wedding! My makeup was absolutely perfect and lasted all nite. It's a pretty good testament to Meredith's work that my makeup was put on at noon and at midnight, our last picture looked as good as the first ones we took that day. And we didn't even use air brush! Meredith is sweet and funny and even brought along music for the bridal suite, which was greatly appreciated:). I truly couldn't have been happier and would highly rec. her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Sent on 08/09/2012

Laura · Married on 06/22/2012

Meredith did a phenomenal job on the makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother for my wedding day. I absolutely loved the way she made me look during my makeup trial. She completely got the look I was going for after I showed her a few inspiration images. On the day of the wedding, she was a joy to have around. She was warm, funny, and calming - everyone loved having her with us in the bridal suite. My wedding day makeup was absolute perfection, I wouldn't change a thing. It also stayed on perfectly the entire night. It actually rained during our ceremony and I was so scared at what I'd see when I looked in the mirror afterwards, but I had nothing to worry about - it looked just as flawless as it did hours before. I would recommend Meredith to anyone. She is truly talented and such a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much, Meredith!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/16/2012

Book Meredith because she is the best makeup artist there is. She worked seamlessly around our schedule and got three of us beautiful and ready to go with time to spare on my wedding day. You should then recommend Meredith to EVERYONE because she is just a wonderful person to have in the room. She calmed my pre-wedding jitters and treated me like a queen. She is the best!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Joann & Andrea · Married on 06/16/2012

Meredith was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the make-up trial where she took our feedback and made some minor adjustments, right up to our actual wedding day, we couldn't have been more pleased! And she had 2 brides to work with as well as bridal attendants and a junior bridesmaid. Our make-up held up the entire day and showed in the pictures, from the very first shot to last shot of the day. We would highly recommend Meredith as a fabulous make-up artist!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2012

Meredith was wonderful to work with! She is a true professional and her love for what she does really shows, which made this step in my wedding planning process that much more enjoyable. My wedding day makeup stayed on perfectly all evening - I did not once need to use the touch-up kit Meredith provided. At 4 AM I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe how great I looked!! I would highly recommend Meredith's services to any bride who is looking for a very talented and competent makeup artist. :)

Sent on 06/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2012

Meredith Hayman is an amazing make-up artist!!! She came to our venue at West Point Military Academy and did the make-up for myself, my mother and my bridesmaids. Everyone was very pleased with Merediths work and looked amazing! I highly recommend Meredith to any bride getting married, and guarantee you will be floored with the outcome! Not only is she an amazing make up artist she is very personable and will make you feel comfortable all the way through till the big moment!

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/05/2012

Meredith is a true professional and a joy to work with. She did makeup for myself, my mother and bridesmaids and everyone was so happy with how they looked! She is a true talent and has a way of putting eveyone at ease. My makeup stayed on all day and looked fresh and natural. I cannot recommend her enough- she's awesome :)

Sent on 06/18/2012

Lara · Married on 05/04/2012

I found Meredith here on weddingwire and its one of the best decisions I made!!! I cannot say enough good things about her as a person and about her beautiful makeup. I met her for the first time for a trial with my mom at her beautiful home, I was greeted by her super cute dog! I was pretty nervous but I could tell right away we were going to get along great and that I was in great hands! She asked me what kind of look I wanted, and although what I told her was vague, she captured what I wanted flawlessly! She put on some music and we chatted, it felt like I was gossiping with an old friend. When she was done and showed me my face I was floored, it was perfect....I felt beautiful and the makeup was very very very natural. I loved it. She did an amazing job on my mom and sister as well. On my wedding day I was reaaallyyy nervous, and again she put on music and we chatted and I felt much more at ease. She also had an apprentice that day whom I adored....they both went out of their way to a) get to know me and b) make me smile. I highly,highly recommend Meredith Hayman!!! You cannot go wrong!!

Sent on 05/27/2012
  • Rinner

Corrine · Married on 04/28/2012

Meredith was great. She did exactly what I wanted as I am super picky with my makeup and it stayed all day. She was a great value for a large bridal party and all of my bridesmaids loved how they looked. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2012

Meredith was an absolute pleasure to work with! She has a very sweet demeanor and helped guide me through the make-up process. She was able to use the ideas that I had and incorporate them to match my skin tone and complexion. She went above and beyond by helping me keep my eyebrows in wonderful shape days before my wedding. On the day of the wedding, my make-up did not fade and all of the girls that had their make up done looked wonderful. She is professional, on time, easy to work with and responds quickly to any question or concern that you have.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Sara · Married on 03/30/2012

I loved having Meredith for my wedding. From the very start Meredith was professional and responsive. She got back to me right away with any questions that I had and had ideas that would work for me but also matched the look that I was going for. Meredith was flexible the day of the event as she was able to squeeze in extra girls that hadn't originally asked for Make-up but changed their minds when they saw her great work. I would recommend Meredith for anybodys wedding. She was professional, stayed on time with everything and was fun to have around.

Sent on 06/01/2012