About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist Reviews

214 | Yorktown Heights, NY

214 Reviews for About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

Beautiful makeup and done in a very timely fashion :)

Sent on 07/20/2014

Eileen · Married on 06/21/2014

I'm thrilled to have worked with Meredith for my wedding day. I wanted someone that was going to be supportive of creating a very natural look without pushing me to wear more makeup than I'm accustomed to or comfortable doing. Having had airbrushing done before and not liking it at all, I was happy that Meredith recommends natural makeup over airbrushing for a wedding day look (though she can do either for those that prefer it).

After the trial, I noticed that 12 hours later my makeup still looked flawless. On the wedding day my makeup held up all night without as it did in the trial. A few days before I wanted to change my lipstick color and she recommended a great color that I loved, it's great that she is able to make recommendations like that.

She's very professional, friendly and easy going. She's super efficient and her work is top notch. I couldn't be more thrilled with how I looked (both in person and in the pics) and I am super picky about makeup. Kara did my bridesmaids and they were all thrilled with their makeup as well.

The goodie bag with must haves for the wedding day was a nice touch. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/13/2014

Meredith is not only an amazingly talented make up artist, she's also super patient and was my favorite vendor!

When everything was going wrong with rain that morning, she kept the mood light, brought a wedding music playlist to my house and cheered everyone up :)

My bridal party also loved her.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Meredith was truly a pleasure to work with. I am so happy that she was part of my wedding. I've worked with several makeup artists before in many capacities, and Meredith truly stands out. She is great at what she does, and was flexible enough to work around my traditional Indian wedding dress. Most of all, Meredith is a lovely person who was fun, cheerful, and knew how to roll with the little mishaps which are inevitable on the big day. Meredith's professional capabilities and her lighthearted attitude are a perfect mix for a wedding. I would not hesitate to recommend Meredith. I would definitely work with her again if I need my makeup done professionally!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2014

Meredith is such an amazing, professional and knowledgeable make-up artist. She truly listens to your requests and feedback and applies the makeup that you are looking for. She did the makeup for myself, my mom and my 7 bridesmaids and we were ALL beyond happy with what we got. If someone wanted a little more eye shadow, Meredith did it. If someone wanted a minimalist look, she got it. I will definitely hire Meredith for any events in the future and highly recommend her to all brides.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jenn · Married on 05/17/2014

Meredith is simply the best! After a bad experience with the first person who I had arranged to do my make up for my wedding day I was nervous I wouldn’t find anyone in time. After reading some great reviews I called Meredith who I was sure would already be booked. And in fact she was only available because she had a prior family commitment on my wedding day. However, after hearing my sob story she said she would move things around and would be able to be there on my wedding day! She saved the day! I am actually grateful that I had the bad experience with the first make up artist because it lead me to Meredith. So my first experience was actually “a blessing in disguise!” I truly felt like the best version of myself on my wedding day and that is in huge part thanks to Meredith! My mom, mother in law, and some bridesmaids also got there make up done and everyone was really happy with their looks. And not only did our make up look beautiful, but Meredith added a great, fun, positive, energy to the morning! I dreamed of a laid back, fun morning of getting pretty with my girls and drinking mimosas on my wedding and that is exactly what I got. AND Meredith is prepared for anything - she had safety pins and double sided tape on hand that we used for my mom’s dress and she left me with an adorable and useful kit of things before she left us for the day.
    My husband and I are actually taking some wedding photos again later this month and Meredith will be doing my make up again at her home studio! I am sure that anytime I need my make up done in the future I will go back to Meredith! If you want to look like the most beautiful version of yourself on your wedding day call Meredith!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2014

Meredith was absolutely amazing to work with. From the moment I first got in touch with her via email, she was very receptive to my needs, and was quick to respond to all of my questions. During the trial Meredith perfectly executed what I was looking for the first time. She went slow and asked a lot of questions along the way to make sure I was happy with it and see if there was anything I wanted to change. Meredith was great at keeping in touch throughout the months between the trial and my wedding. I worry a lot about timing and details, and she took care of all of that beforehand so I didn't have to.

On the day of, she came and set up, and even brought music to set the tone. Meredith is fabulous! She is so personable, charming and flexible. I had to add a few people to get their makeup done closer to the wedding, and she had no problem scheduling it in. The day of she even did a little something for the flowergirl, which was so sweet! She did such a fantastic job. Everyone looked wonderful, and my makeup was flawless and natural just as I had hoped. Everyone commented on how good it looked. She gives you a touch-up kit, which I really did not even have to use. My make-up looked just as good at the end of the night as it did in the beginning! I would love to work with Meredith again, and I would highly recommend her!! Thank you Meredith!

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/03/2014

Meredith is AMAZING! Not only personable, charming and funny, but super flexible and a blast to work with as well. Throughout the entire wedding process she was fantastic to work with, super responsive, and willing to answer any questions that came up. I had booked her roughly 18 months before my wedding, and she was a champ the entire time. She did the makeup for nearly all of my girls (and mother of the groom as well!), and we all got so many compliments on how great we looked. I would recommend her in a heartbeat - she is worth every penny and will make the process as smooth and as fun as possible.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Lauren · Married on 03/29/2014

Meredith did make-up for my sister's wedding. She did the bride, bridesmaid, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom. She was able to make all four of us look beautiful and incorporated each of our personal tastes flawlessly. She even provided great pre-wedding tips to help get our skin in tip-top shape for the big day, and gave us lessons on how to "catch our tears" - just in case! (Which came in REALLY handy!) She was a pleasure to work with and was so easy to coordinate with prior to the event, and was professional, prompt, and a wonderful addition to my sister's wedding day preparation.

She is highly recommended in our books!

Thank you Meredith!

Ps. For the time being you can check out her work on http://www.stylemepretty.com/ - look for the Hudson River Valley Wedding!

Sent on 06/11/2011
  • User3712095 · 2+ years ago

Meredith first did my makeup when I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, and she did such a great job that over a year later I still remembered her and asked her to do the makeup for my wedding. For both events I received compliments on my makeup all day. She can take a vague idea and run with it but also can mimic a specific picture. Most importantly, 12 hours later my makeup didn't look much different than when she put it on, and she even gave me tips to ensure it stayed that way. Every step of applying makeup she asked me for my feedback to make sure I was happy before moving on, and was so friendly despite that both times I saw her it was before 7am! I would highly recommend her to any event.

Ariela · Married on 11/17/2013

Meredith was fantastic to work with. Her upbeat personality and easy going attitude made me feel comfortable from day one. Throughout the wedding planning process, she was very responsive to any questions I had a long the way. Aside from her amazing skills as a makeup artist, she brings an extra bit of excitement to your morning. She wants your prep morning to be fun and stress free. She brought music, touch up kits, and even a pretty hanger for my dress! My makeup was flawless and lasted all night long. I would highly recommend Meredith to anyone getting married!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Kathlene · Married on 11/16/2013

Meredith was great to work with. Right from the beginning when I did my make-up trial she made me feel right at home and very comfortable. She did an amazing job the day of my wedding - my bridesmaids and I were so happy with our make-up! Meredith is awesome and so fun to work with!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Allison · Married on 11/15/2013

Where to start! Mereidth is fabulous! She was amazing start to finish! I met with Meredith in February for my trial for a natural wedding day look which she nailed on the head first shot. The day of my wedding we decied to change the look completely and I couldn't imagine of everything coming together so perfect! All of the girls looked like movie stars! I couldn't have picked a better artist to work with she is friendly, kind hearted, super easy going, thoughtful, a true professional! She supplied the something blue and the six pence for the shoe with a little touch up kit! So thoughtful!!!!! I'd highly recommend her to anyone getting married or having a special event! Thanks again Meredith! x

Sent on 12/04/2013

Meaghan · Married on 11/02/2013

I used Meredith for my wedding on November 2, 2013. All I can say is WOW!
    I found Meredith online when researching vendors and decided to do a trial with her. After the trial I knew that I had to have her for my wedding. Not only is she great at what she does, but she has the best personality and makes everyone feel at ease.
    On my wedding day my makeup was flawless. Meredith is great at listening to what you want and making tweeks along the way to make sure you are 100% happy with the finished product. My makeup looked fabulous, without being overdone, and lasted all day and night. The only thing I ever had to touch up was my lipstick.
    Not only did she do my makeup but also my mother and my three bridesmaids. Everyone was so impressed with her and very happy with how great they all looked!
    I would recommend Meredith to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2013

Alexandra · Married on 11/01/2013

My husband and I got married out of town up in the Hudson Valley so I once we selected the venue I scoured the reviews looking for a GREAT makeup artist in the area. Given the amazing feedback she received, I decided to schedule a make-up trial with Meredith for myself and my mom and I am so glad I did!! We went to her studio on the day of the trial and I immediately knew she was the right person for the job - she was so friendly, she took time listening to both of us, reviewing different potential looks and really made an effort to LISTEN and work with us until we each achieved a look we loved. As a neurotic bride in the middle of planning a wedding, she really put my mind at ease by finding my perfect day-of look. I was so pleased with the trial that I had my bridesmaids and mother-in-law book her services as well. Leading up to the big day she continued to send me bridal beauty tips and on the day of the wedding, she arrived at the venue right on time, set up her make-up and was ready to rock! She did full makeup for myself (the bride) my mom, my mother-in-law, and four bridesmaids and everyone looked truly stunning!! I am so happy with the outcome because I felt beautiful and looked so in the pictures as well! If you are looking for the perfect day-of look and a great wedding party experience by a true professional, look no further. Meredith was great and will be my go-to for all future events!!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Sara · Married on 10/27/2013

Meredith is amazing! She works magic with a makeup brush. She did my makeup for my engagement photos as well as for my wedding. The makeup stayed on all day, and everyone commented to me about how gorgeous I looked. Meredith also did makeup for my mother and sister-in-law on my wedding day. She did a fantastic job on them as well. Not only is Meredith extremely professional, she is also fun to boot. I would use her again in a heartbeat and would recommend her highly to anyone!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Jenny · Married on 10/19/2013

Meredith was absolutely wonderful to work with. She proved flexible and worked with my circumstances and provided me exactly what I was looking for in terms of makeup for my special day. She also gave good tips for makeup coloring and new products, which worked superbly. A pleasant surprise was the care package she provided for the big day, containing all the products I needed to touch up my makeup as the day went, customized for my type of skin and coloring. She really made the day a good one, relieving one source of stress - how my face would appear in pictures throughout the day and night. Thank you Meredith!!!

Dwyer · Married on 10/12/2013

Meredith was a pleasure to work with from the get go. She is super organized and responsive leading up to the big day. On the actual day of my wedding she executed her skills flawlessly, making me look so much more amazing then I could have imagined. She did such great work, some of my bridesmaids who hadn't planned on getting makeup couldn't resist her magic so she was able to squeeze them in. She was also able to handle every type of personality even the difficult ones with ease. She does both wonders on younger skin as well as more mature skin like your mother and grandmothers. She was just such a pleasure to have around during the last few hours, keeping everyone in good spirits and giving us such useful advice on how to make the day run smoothly (like taking a advil to prevent too much smiling from hurting!). When it comes to Meredith, it should be a no brainier on using her on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2013

Meredith is awesome! She is very professional and super fun (she brought music and was definitely one of the girls that day). Although I had a trial with her, I changed my mind on a few things and she was completely flexible and responsive to what I wanted. My makeup was amazing and stayed all night. My bridesmaids looked beautiful and were happy with their looks. Thank you Meredith!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Carolyn · Married on 09/21/2013

Meredith was one of the best parts of our wedding day. She came to the hotel where we were getting ready and was able to set up so that she could do makeup for 9 people. Her personality was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day: happy, upbeat, and just genuinely gracious that she was a part of the day. Every single person's makeup looked phenomenal as well. Meredith was able to do 9 different looks to match each person's coloring, while incorporating the person's dress into the makeup scheme. She has done so many weddings and truly understands how to properly do makeup so that the photos turn out TERRIFIC. My own makeup turned out even better than I could have imagined and she did EXACTLY what I asked. She is capable of making you look like the best version of YOU - whether you prefer light or more dramatic. She LISTENS to what you want your makeup to look like and uses her expertise to complement your vision. My makeup looked phenomenal the entire day and I am still getting compliments on how beautiful my makeup looked. The photos speak for themselves - I could not have asked for a better makeup artist or vendor. I would recommend Meredith to anyone and everyone getting married.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Erica · Married on 09/20/2013

Meredith was wonderful to work with from the very beginning - so fun, quick responses, and always helpful with any questions. She arrived the morning of my wedding ready to go, complete with some dance tunes for me and my bridesmaids and mom to enjoy while we got ready. Meredith's work was flawless - we all looked like the best version of ourselves and everyone photographed beautifully. She had so much patience for every request, even making last-minute changes when one of my bridesmaids decided she needed "a little more eye" - after she had already packed up! Her bright and sunny demeanor made my wedding morning completely stress-free and so much fun, and I can't thank her enough for her wonderful work!

Sent on 10/11/2013

katherine · Married on 09/15/2013

Meredith was amazing, from the trial, engagement photos, and our wedding! My make up looks flawless and I've never felt more beautiful! Everyone was so impressed! All my bridesmaids looked amazing as well! With no hesitation would I recommend Meredith and hope to use her services again!!!

Katherine

Ciara · Married on 09/13/2013

Meredith was absolutely fantastic! I had a great make-up trial with her, and really appreciated how she encouraged me to pay attention to how the make-up wears throughout the day, as well as how it photographs.

On the day of, Meredith could not have been more fun to hang out with - she kept me happy and stress-free with some tunes and upbeat attitude. As for the make-up - it was absolute perfection. I have never felt so pretty and confident - however, still felt that I looked like me. My mother and bridesmaids also got tons of compliments as well, so great job all around. I would recommend Meredith to others in a heartbeat! She's a true professional and just a joy to be around :)

Sent on 10/02/2013

Dironda · Married on 09/12/2013

Meredith was great! Everyone loved her and her work was excellent...I was glad to have her!

Sent on 09/15/2013

dironda · Married on 09/12/2013

Meredith was wonderful to work with. Very attentive & patient!