About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist Reviews

214 | Yorktown Heights, NY

214 Reviews for About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2014

AMAZING!!! There are no other words to describe Meredith!

From the day of my trial to the day of my wedding, Meredith was great. She listened to my thoughts and fears and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. After doing makeup for 11 other people, I figured she would be exhausted by the time she got to my makeup, but she made sure that I looked absolutely perfect!

Meredith - Thank you for being supportive during the whole morning of the wedding, for making me laugh, for telling me secrets about marriage, and for making all the important ladies in my life look gorgeous. I can't thank you enough! xoxo

Sent on 10/30/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2014

Highly recommend Meredith! She was fantastic to work with and I could not be happier with the results. She's a delight to work with and she's really good at what she does!

On my wedding day, she did makeup for me, my 2 bridesmaids, and the 2 moms. I do not wear a ton of makeup normally, so I was a little nervous. She struck just the right tone - I felt beautiful and elegant without feeling over the top. Both bridesmaids also looked stunning. And she did a great job complimenting each of their features, rather than trying to make them look the same.

I was most pleased with the way Meredith and her team (she brought two assistants with her) treated the moms, though. Both were a little nervous about having someone do their makeup but Meredith set them at ease. And they looked absolutely gorgeous but also still looked like themselves. It was perfect!

Book her now, she gets busy early.

Sent on 11/06/2014

What can't I say about Meredith!!? She brought such a light hearted feeling to my special day and I am ever so grateful.
    She is a true talent and is beyond professional.
    I had a trial with her before the wedding and she listened to all of the details I wanted worked into my makeup. The color she applied was very natural and brought out my best features. To top it off, her false lash skills are beyond amazing! My eyes totally popped and looked gorg.
    Day of, she came prepared, on time and bubbly as ever. She was so much fun! I am normally very ansty and hate sitting still for too long, but she had me laughing and entertained.
    She also applied angelic makeup on my flower girls and they loved it.
    I would highly recommend Meredith's amazing services.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Jaimie · Married on 10/11/2014

There are not enough words in the English language that would allow me to explain how excellent Meredith was- from the trial to the wedding day and everything between Meredith went above and beyond. She was flexible, bubbly, excited and knowledgable. I was so lucky to have her as a makeup artist and would recommend her to anyone! My make up was just absolutely stunning- she is not only a true professional and a master of her art, but also a positive vibe to have on your special day!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Meredith was a pleasure to work with during my recent fall wedding. She was enthusiastic and collaborative throughout the planning proces, responding to emailed questions and suggestions within hours, including on weekends. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding, she was a consummate professional and put everyone at ease. Despite the stress of the day, she was upbeat, on schedule, and unflappable. I was also very impressed by the naturalness and elegance of the look she achieved. In addition, she worked seamlessly with my hairstylist, Melissa Scrofani, whom I also highly recommend. In short, Meredith was a huge asset to my wedding and I am so glad to have found her.

Sent on 12/15/2014
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 10/04/2014

What can I say about Meredith that hasn't been said already? During the trial she listened to me talk about my usual look and my wedding plans, and showed me some colors/looks that would work well for me. She nailed it! My makeup was striking, but natural too...I still looked like me, just much better than usual. I felt like Ron Burgundy after my trial..."Hey everybody, come see how good I look." Same for the wedding day - I loved how she did my makeup, and it lasted throughout the day and throughout the night, though she had also thoughtfully provided a cute touch-up kit. All the bridesmaids and my mom adored her.

On a side note, a few months before the wedding, I had asked her if she knew of anyone in the area who might be good as a day-of coordinator. Meredith recommended her friend Lauren, an event planner who was likewise awesome and helped make our day go incredibly smoothly!

Bottom line: Meredith does amazing work, and she's a load of laughs and incredibly fun to be around as well!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Absolutely an amazing artist!! My makeup was STUNNING on my wedding day. Meredith was absolutely pleasant and fun to work with during the trial and day of the wedding. My mother looked beautiful, as well as my four bridesmaids. Meredith came highly recommended by a friend, and without a doubt Meredith is the only person in Westchester/Putnam I would ever recommend. The entire experience was wonderful- and I hope to have another event to have Meredith do her amazing work all over again!!!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Tracy · Married on 09/27/2014

Meredith was incredible to work with. She made herself available to me from the very start, right when I was first scheduling a trial through to my wedding day, even doing eyebrow cleanups for months in between. She is such a fun and friendly person that it's easy to feel comfortable telling her what you do and don't like and the look she created for me on my wedding day was exactly what I was looking for even though I know I didn't articulate it well. She did the make up for all the girls in the bridal party and kept everything moving so that no one felt rushed and everyone felt pampered. I can't say enough great things about her, she was one of my favorite vendors!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Meredith was one of the best parts about my wedding! From the minute we met, I knew she would do a great job at my wedding, and I wasn't wrong. She was prompt, energetic, and above all, her work is flawless! Thank you, Meredith, for helping me and my wedding party look our best.

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Meredith is exactly who you want to be with you on your wedding day! She is an amazing presence, and so incredibly talented. From the minute she walked into the room on my wedding day, my bridesmaids and I were in great hands, and looked flawless! Thank you, Meredith!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Lexi · Married on 09/13/2014

Meredith is amazing and made my wedding day so special! She is a talented makeup artist and a great person. If you don't pick her for your event you will regret it!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Maureen · Married on 09/13/2014

I wanted to give a review from the Mamma's perspective and who better to write this review for than Meredith Hayman. I had the pleasure of being 'transformed" by this talented artist on not just one important day but two as Meredith was chosen by both my daughter's for their weddings. Our makeup was so exquisite that throughout the entire day and night we never even needed a touch up other than our lips. Meredith is a true professional, with a great personality. Thank you for making our morning (both mornings) so special.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2014

Meredith and her assistant did an amazing job! I do not wear much makeup on an everyday basis so was nervous about looking too unnatural. At my consultation, Meredith listened and made sure that I was happy with each step of the process. On my wedding day, she made me a better version of myself - which looked great in person and in pictures. My family and bridal party looked incredible as well. Meredith makes you feel very comfortable in the makeup chair and she offers helpful tips to keep you looking your best on the big day! I would highly recommend her for any event/special occasion.

Jillian · Married on 08/31/2014

It was a pleasure having Meredith as my makeup artist on my wedding day! I absolutely loved how my makeup turned out, and my mom and whole bridal party looked stunning, too! Her perfect makeup application made me look and feel like the best version of myself for my big day. Many of my guests complimented my makeup, saying I didn’t look overly made up and that I still looked like myself, which was so important to me!

Meredith has such a warm, energetic and fun personality, and really made me feel happy and at ease on my wedding day! She is so talented and I knew I was in good hands, plus she had me laughing throughout the whole makeup application. My makeup really looked amazing in all of our pictures and lasted through a humid and rainy summer day.

From my trial and bridal shower through my wedding day, it has been a wonderful experience working with Meredith. I highly recommend her to all brides hoping to look like the best versions of themselves on their wedding day, and hoping to have fun in the process, too! Thanks for everything, Meredith!

Sent on 10/14/2014
  • O

Olga · Married on 08/29/2014

Meredith did great job , she is very sweet and professional we love our looks .She is the best !

Kristin · Married on 08/16/2014

Meredith did an amazing job on my wedding day! She is an amazing make-up artist and everyone looked beautiful! The make-up she uses lasts all day and night which is so important for such a long event. She is so easy to work with and really a pleasure to be around. I am so thankful to have found her and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/09/2014

Meredith was amazing! She did my makeup on our wedding day, along with some of my bridal party. We all received so many compliments on our makeup throughout the day! Meredith is very friendly and professional. She is also extremely knowledgeable about the types and application of makeup. She gave us an "emergency kit" that was full of very useful things for the wedding day! She gave us all sorts of tips for helping our makeup stay fresh, longer. I would highly recommend using Meredith! She is very talented and will not disappoint!!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Caitlin · Married on 08/09/2014

I felt like a movie star the day of my wedding! Meredith comes highly recommended, and after researching makeup artists, as well as reading testimonials, I knew I had to seek Meredith out! During the trial, Meredith was very receptive to the look I was hoping to achieve for my BIG Day. The makeup lasted all throughout the day, and I received so many compliments from strangers (I went shopping at the mall after). When the BIG Day arrived, Meredith and her assistant Kara made all of my girls look stunning. They were so professional and fun! The whole experience was a blast! My makeup was perfect, and it looks amazing in all of the photos. Again, it lasted all night--even through my crying! Meredith made me feel so beautiful and even more confident in myself. She reassured my nerves and set the tone for the day. I was able to enjoy myself and not have to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes to check on my makeup. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her. She is great at what she does! She is resourceful and super nice! She knows her stuff and I would totally use her again for any event.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Arianne · Married on 07/26/2014

After booking my wedding venue, Meredith was the second person I was eager to book for my big day. I met Meredith two years ago when she did my make-up for one of my best friend's wedding, and she did such a fantastic job, I knew I wanted to remember her for when I got married. From giving excellent skin tips at my make-up trial, to Meredith's incredible skill at her craft, I couldn't have been more pleased. Meredith also handled my somewhat "MOHzilla" sister with patience and kindness.

I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day! And I would highly, highly recommend Meredith to any future bride!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Meredith was AMAZING. I could not have asked for anything more. She even made my 87 year old grandma look like a spring chicken! She was a pleasure to have around. Definitely one of the best wedding decisions I made! Thank you Meredith!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Victoria · Married on 07/12/2014

Meredith Hayman is a TRUE gem! Not only is she an incredibly talented makeup artist (she did amazing makeup on myself, mother, and 6 bridesmaids), she is extremely knowledgable about the entire wedding planning process, very personable , and overall a delight to be around. For months prior to my wedding, Meredith answered all of my questions (there were many!) and gave me several tips and a lot of guidance along the way. Meredith bonded with my entire wedding party with ease. She brought such a positive energy to my wedding prep day that I literally could not have imagined it without her! Actually, Meredith was the very last person to see me before I walked down the aisle, graciously staying with me longer than necessary just so I was not alone in the bridal suite! I will absolutely be using her services in the future. She is just the best. Thank you Meredith!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/04/2014

I could not have possibly been any happier with my make up during my wedding day! Not only did Meredith do such a wonderful job, but she was very comforting, bubbly, and exuded genuine warmth during the trial and on the wedding day. I wanted my make up to look natural while having all of my favorite features pop and she nailed that. The make up lasted without the slightest smudge until over 14 hours later. I recommend Meredith to the highest degree for the incredible quality given and the personality to match.

Here is a link to my pics by the talented Shari and Josh Silk:

Sent on 07/17/2014

Megan · Married on 06/28/2014

Meredith Hayman was such a wonderful person to work with! She did makeup for my wedding (myself, a few bridesmaids, my mom and mother in law). She was professional but still super friendly and warm. She greeted me at the makeup trial with a huge smile, took the time and care to explain what she was doing thoroughly, and made adjustments to my hearts content. On my wedding day, she arrived early, and did the perfect natural-but-still-special makeup job! I loved it!! And she left us with touch up kits. I know I'll be booking Meredith in the future and would totally recommend her to others in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Mariel · Married on 06/27/2014

Meredith was great, she made us look our best on my wedding day. Tweaking the makeup to fit the person while keeping it natural and comfortable.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Katrina · Married on 06/21/2014

I have had the pleasure of having my makeup done as a bridesmaid with Meredith two times now. She is so much fun to work with; not only does she do an incredible job, listening to both your concerns and wants, but she has a way to keep you relaxed, smiling, and having a great time. And most importantly, she delivers...I have loved my makeup for both weddings, and look forward to working with her in the future!!

Sent on 07/01/2014