About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist Reviews

214 | Yorktown Heights, NY

214 Reviews for About Face by Meredith Hayman Makeup Artist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amanda · Married on 12/18/2015

Meredith is incredible! She's like the best friend you need to have with you on your wedding day...she calms your nerves, brings music just in case you don't have any playing, and makes sure you're happy! She's completely flexible and is sure to provide makeup services to each person in the bridal party according to their personal style. Meredith has talent that is hard to come by. She makes sure you're happy after your trial...even asking you to take photos of yourself hours later so she can see how the makeup wears on you. Meredith is sure to give you tips and help you to find the best look for your wedding day. I can honestly and truthfully say that because of Meredith's work, I have never felt more beautiful and confident than I did on my wedding day. I look back at photos and I am so, so happy that I chose Meredith for my makeup services! I would recommend her in a heartbeat...and I hope I get to use her again!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Jeannine · Married on 10/24/2015

Meredith was so wonderful from the planning throughout the day of my wedding. Being a person who does not wear makeup often, she listened to all my concerns and gave me a beautiful natural look. The day of my wedding ran so smoothly with her attending to myself, my mother and my bridesmaids. I would absolutely recommend her to all future brides!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Meredith did the makeup for me, the moms and my bridal party and did an absolutely amazing job. The best I can describe her work is that she makes you look like the best version of yourself. Everyone looked beautiful and special in a way that just enhanced who they were. The trial that we did before the wedding was really helpful - we did the trial one morning so that she could see how the makeup would wear all day. She told me to put it through the ringer and get sweaty and everything and then send her a picture after - and she adjusted a few things based on that so it could be perfect the day of my wedding. She was the only makeup artist I spoke with who did this and I thought it really made a difference in how well the makeup looked. She was flexible in trying more than one look for my eyeshadow when I couldn't figure out which way to go. And on the day of she was fun and bubbly to be around, helped keep the mood light and calm. Couldn't have asked for more!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Meredith, you are a rock star!! I cannot say enough about her, she was absolutely wonderful. I went the nontraditional route with my makeup on my wedding day & she was so open & excited about it & made me look fabulous. From the trial to emailing beforehand to the day of she was a pleasure to work with. I had some picky bridesmaids & she was able to accommodate them as well ;). She is a genuinely funny, bubbly & extremely warm/nice person & helped me stay calm on my big day. I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist for the most memorable day of my life, please use her!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Patricia · Married on 10/10/2015

Meredith did an amazing job with my makeup and my daughter in laws bridal party.
    I never felt as beautiful as I did thanks to Meredith.
    I have used Meredith's amazing talent as a makeup artist and always so happy with her work.
    I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Megan · Married on 10/09/2015

Meredith is such a wonderful person and makeup artist! She made me and my bridal party feel and look absolutely beautiful. Everyone was so impressed with her- I couldn't have asked for a better vendor to work with. I normally don't wear much makeup, and was worried about not looking like myself on my wedding day. Meredith listened to my concerns and gave me a beautiful natural look, it was exactly what I wanted. Meredith is also extremely easy to talk to, after my makeup trial I felt like I'd known her for years. She was such a fun person to have with me on my wedding day, she made the bridal party so relaxed and ready for the day ahead. You rock Meredith!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

I LOVE Meredith!!! I knew I loved her literally from the second I met her for my makeup trial. Not only is she insanely talented, but she is so fun to be around! Just the type of person you want to have around you on your wedding day. She kept me calm and had me and my bridesmaids laughing all day. My makeup was flawless and she listened and understood exactly what I was hoping for - and then exceeded my expectations. LOVE her!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

victoria · Married on 10/02/2015

Meredith was the perfect choice for my wedding day! She kept me laughing and feeling relaxed with her amazing sense of humor, and I've never felt more beautiful. I could not have had a better experience, thank you Meredith for everything!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Karen · Married on 09/12/2015

Meredith did a terrific job, making a mature bride look natural and beautiful. She also did an amazing job with my bridal party, ranging in ages from 38-52. We all came away looking 10 years younger!! Meredith is an extremely warm and caring person, who not only did terrific makeup, but calmed us down with her professionalism and sense of humor. I would definitely recommend Meredith for any wedding or special occasion

Sent on 11/05/2015

Meredith was fantastic! Her approach to beauty is to make you feel as beautiful as you are by enhancing your features rather than making you look like someone else. I did a trial with her as well (which I'd highly recommend because it allows you to gauge how much make up you'd want on your wedding day), and she was super sweet! She took photos after the trial and sent them to me for review so I could think about whether I wanted changes. She was always very open and honest, and wanted you to feel in control of your look - which I really appreciated. She is highly professional and very talented at what she does and she provides the right energy for the bridal party while you all get ready. On my wedding day, we had 6 ladies who needed their makeup done and Meredith handled it on her own with absolutely no problems! We were all ready to go within 1.5-2 hours of her arrival - and had another hour to spare and enjoy snacks and champagne before the pictures even began! It was perfect - thanks for everything Meredith!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Margaret · Married on 07/19/2015

Meredith is the most talented, amazing, makeup artist there is and I am SO glad my cousin recommended her for my wedding. My mom and I went to my trial together and we instantly fell in love with Meredith's charm, wonderful personality and thoughtfulness. She listened to my ideas and utilized the pictures I brought to create the perfect look I wanted for my makeup for the wedding. I went to her for my makeup for my engagement photos and I still get compliments today about how my eyes pop in every picture and how gorgeous, yet natural my makeup looked. She has an amazing talent and is perfect at her craft. She did the makeup for my 7 Bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and myself on my wedding day and we ALL look flawless and beautiful. My bridesmaids remarked on how well our makeup lasted throughout the ENTIRE day and how you didn't even feel it on your face, which was a huge plus since it was so hot out that day. Meredith even made me a makeup kit for the wedding day which was super special. She catered to the individual needs of myself, my mom, mother-in-law, and my bridesmaids on the look we each wanted for our makeup and achieved our individual visions perfectly. I felt the most beautiful on my wedding day because of Meredith. She became part of the family the day of my wedding and is a true, genuine, charismatic person. She is super prompt with email responses and has such reasonable pricing. I would highly recommend her over any other makeup artist out there. She's a true professional and I can't thank her enough for making me look perfect on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Meredith is beyond fabulous!! She is a joy to work with.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Meredith is amazing! She is an incredible vendor to work with.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Stefanie · Married on 07/05/2015

Meredith did the makeup at wedding on July 5, 2015 and was fabulous! From the day I met her at my trial I knew she was a great find! Meredith did my makeup free of charge for my shower as a service she provides to her clients. On the day of my wedding Meredith was so much fun during the getting ready process and everyone looked amazing!! My group ranged from my bridesmaids to mothers of the bride and groom and my aunts. Meredith was able to accommodate people who wear makeup everyday to those who don't own makeup! She can work from a picture or recommend a look. I would recommend Meredith to any bride looking for a makeup artist.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/26/2015

When I was searching for make up artists, I came across Meredith and saw all of her glowing reviews. I had to ask myself...is she really that good? The answer is...um, yes! Meredith is awesome and extremely talented. My makeup was immaculate and lasted all through the day and night. My girls were so happy with their makeup as well. Go with Meredith - You'll be so happy you did! Bonus: Meredith's personality is just as great!!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/20/2015

Meredith came highly recommended and right away when I met her I knew why!
    She was so friendly and easy to talk to when I met her at my trial that I booked her services for my wedding instantly! It was one of the fastest wedding decisions I made and I am so glad that I did.
    Meredith did a amazing job on my makeup the day of my wedding, it lasted the entire evening!
    My bridal party also looked beautiful;).
    She was on-time the entire morning of the wedding and was extremely professional.
    Any bride looking for a makeup artist should call Meredith!!!

Sent on 07/06/2015
  • User5195619 · 2+ years ago

Meredith was wonderful! Doing the makeup trials was so informative-- I wasn't sure what I wanted, and Meredith was so patient. She did 2 full trials until she was sure we got my look just right! She is a perfectionist (like me) and is so sweet and bubbly to be around. She really listened to all of my concerns (I'm kind of obsessed with makeup) and modified everything to fit the look and wearability that I was going for. She was so flexible, easy-going, and really a master of her craft! She also has great counseling skills... she even gave me advice about how to deal with my mother during the wedding planning!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Meredith Hayman is absolutely an AMAZING Makeup Artist. I was so very pleased I found her. She books up fast..... so be sure to lock her in way b4 your big day.......You will be very glad you did!
    VCJ

Sent on 06/21/2015

danandmariann@gmail.com · Married on 05/29/2015

I loooooove Meredith! If you're on the fence about booking her, trust me and just do it.

Meredith arrived on time, and was professional, funny, and amazingly skilled. She made us look stunning, enhancing our natural beauty while keeping us recognizable. I don't have the best lighting in my condo until the afternoon, so we decided the best course of action was to do our makeup outdoors to ensure the best light. Meredith was so flexible, and we did all of our makeup on my back porch! She was game and set up outside in minutes. Makeup can be tricky on me because I tend to get SUPER RED when I'm warm. Meredith knew this, and opened her bag of tricks to make this a non-issue. She kept to the time allotted and got us all made up super quickly! Meredith also gave me the cutest little emergency kit to do touch ups with during the wedding.

During first look, my husband couldn’t stop staring. He loved the look that Meredith had given me, and mentioned how I looked beautiful and polished while still looking like me! At our wedding, people were telling me over and over how great and natural my makeup looked. Best part was there was ZERO redness peeking through and the makeup did not budge as I danced the night away.

Thank you Meredith for being so awesomely good at what you do and thank you for making me look gorgeous!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Meredith was easy to work with, friendly and professional. She took feedback very well and together, she gave me the perfect look for my wedding day. I wanted a look that still "looked like me". I wanted just a beautiful, soft, look with a focus on my eyes and she achieved just that. My bridesmaids loved her as well.
    Thanks Meredith!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 03/14/2015

Meredith had done my makeup when I was a bridesmaid in another wedding. After that, she was the ONLY option I considered. She takes her time, and makes you feel absolutely beautiful from trial to the day of the wedding. My makeup came out perfect. It also helps that she's a wonderful, fun, relaxed person to boot!

Sent on 03/23/2015

The service that Meredith gave me and my family was amazing . Especially because she drove from so far away, she was on time and very enthusiastic & professional. I don't regret hiring her, she is amazing !!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 01/10/2015

I could not have been more happy with Meredith! First are foremost, I couldn't be happier with the way my makeup turned out on my wedding day (especially in photos), and Meredith made sure of that. During the trial run she was very easy to talk to, so I walked out with confidence that I would be happy on the day-of. I had a morning wedding, so prep had to start very early. Meredith was on-time, and was wonderful have around amidst all the chaos. You could tell that she is truly a professional - not just in makeup , but in handling brides and bridal parties.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Meredith did an amazing job on my wedding day and made everyone in the bridal party feel and look beautiful.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Sandra · Married on 11/07/2014

Meredith was so fantastic and I am so happy she was there on my wedding day. Everyone looked gorgeous and looked great all night!!!

Sent on 11/12/2014