78 Reviews for Mercedes Crescimbeni Bridal Makeup and Hair Design

Airbrush Makeup (5)
Consultations (2)
Group Services (2)
Hair Extensions (2)

Mercedes was excellent! I’m a little hesitant to start out by saying that I was a pretty laid-back bride, and follow it up with my makeup and hair were really important and that, along with the photographers were the two things I was most particular about. I tend to be a bit camera shy, partly because, I do not feel that I am photogenic and the way I do my own makeup always seems to appear harsher in pictures. So when searching for a professional cosmetologist I did my homework! When I found Mercedes Crescimbeni Bridal Makeup and Hair Design I sent out an inquiry and Mercedes was incredibly responsive and very accommodating. She took the time to discuss what I wanted for that day and go over pictures on her site. She also maintained contact with me to work out logistical details. Mercedes willingness to work around my schedule as much as possible was very much appreciated during the whirlwind of excitement leading up the day of my wedding. I am a full-time graduate student, and unfortunately, I was unable to fit a trial session prior to my wedding day. However, having viewed her previous work and reading the outstanding reviews of her satisfied customers. On my wedding day, she exceeded my extremely high expectations. Even though, I was still a little unsure about how to some details, she applied her expertise with the information gathered from our interactions and was able to create the striking but soft and classic look that I had described. After Mercedes finished, I looked in the mirror and cannot remember ever feeling more beautiful. I realize that I may sound a bit cliché but when you feel beautiful, on otherwise the happiest day of your life, it truly shines through. She is amazing deserves much credit for the breathtaking moments captured on that day. Every bride should feel beautiful on her wedding day. Also, my gorgeous cousin will be using the services of Mercedes Crescimbeni Bridal Makeup and Hair Design for her wedding at the Venetian this fall.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes did a fabulous job with hair and makeup for myself and the bridal party. She is patient, accommodating, and friendly and adds no stress to what is a bit of a stressful morning! I was thrilled with my hair and my makeup, and AMAZED when my wispy, fine, can't hold any kind of shape hair, didn't budge during outdoor pictures on a breezy day. My up-do was a work of art and stayed that way the entire night. I highly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Corey, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Mercedes is a wonderful person and is very talented. She did my entire bridal party's hair for my wedding and everyone looked beautiful. I would definitely recommend her, she can do any hairstyle you can possibly find and make you look glamorous on your big day!!!

Profile Picture Kristina, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

She is so amazing! I never ended up doing a trial with her, my schedule and flexibility just did not allow me to, but she had such wonderful raving reviews that I trusted it would be ok. And all her reviews were so right! She made me look and feel so gorgeous, thank you so much .. for all Indian brides I would recommend her.. she is the best

Profile Picture Khushali, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes work is beautiful and she is a pleasure to work with. She is a calm force on the day of the wedding. She is open to suggestion, offers solid advice and ultimately has a finished product that looks natural and glamorous all in one. My makeup and hair looked flawless all day. Thank you Mercedes! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Updos/Styling

I’m SO lucky I found Mercedes to share my wedding day with. She is truly amazing! I wanted to find someone who could do ethnic style makeup for my Persian wedding and loved what I saw on her website. I called her, and despite having a wedding booked that day she was able to fit me, my 8 bridesmaids, my mother and mother in law in between the other wedding. From my first interaction with her I knew this was the person I wanted! She is SO polite and professional on the phone and really worked to accommodate us. I went to NJ for my trial and absolutely loved her style of makeup and hair. I immediately booked her.

On wedding day her team far surpassed our expectations! Mercedes and 3 of her assistants showed up to our hotel suite in Manhattan exactly on time. I had a very large bridal party and every one of them was made to look just gorgeous! Mercedes did my own and my mother’s hair and make up, and I could not have been more pleased. She is truly talented and an artist. She has an eye for what looks good on you, but also listens to what you want and tailors it to your look. Every bride is super nervous the morning of their wedding. You WANT Mercedes in the room with you! She is so artistic and so calming that you just know you are in good hands. You can just relax and enjoy the moment. She has also hired a fantastic team. My bridesmaids all loved them! All of her assistants were awesome and one of them even came to the venue with us to do hair and makeup touch ups. What a GREAT decision. After taking pictures in the sweltering August heat it was great to have her around to touch up myself, the moms, and all the bridesmaids before the big ceremony.

Mercedes you and your team are awesome! Thank you so much for being such a big part of our special day! I will recommend you to any of my friends getting married in the future!

Profile Picture Anahita, 8/27/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If you don't book her, you'll regret it! She's a truly AMAZING Hair and Makeup artist!!! She made me feel like a princess and look so glamorous. My bridal party all looked great too!!! The trial was already unreal and the wedding day I was left speechless.

Profile Picture Rina, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Hair, Makeup

I loved Mercedes' work! She was very professional, punctual and she kept checking in every step of the way to see if I was liking her work. She asked me about my expectations and did everything to meet those! I had an Indian wedding in July of this year and she made sure my hair and make up suited my jewelry and dress. I would highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Mousam, 7/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes is absolutely wonderful! I've never had a more pleasant time working with anyone before until her. She knows what the client wants and feeds off that. Great price as well! Thank you so much for taking care of me and my sister in law at her Reception! I definitely recommend her to everyone looking for a stylist, and I will definitely be calling her again in the future.

Profile Picture Monica, 5/29/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes and her team provided an awesome job. All of the bridesmaids looked fabulous!
Mercedes and her team were very professional, easy to work with, and true artists.
They are the best!
Thank you Mercedes!

Profile Picture User6724280, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes did a wonderful job. I cannot say enough good things about her. She was speedy, efficient and got me to the church on time. One of the easiest vendors I worked with. Her hair and makeup lasted the entire day and I am still getting compliments. She even took the time during the trial to make sure that the hair extensions matched my hair color perfectly.

Profile Picture Alyse, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair

As with all brides, I had a certain vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day. Mercedes helped me achieve it! I felt beautiful on my wedding day! My makeup and hair were flawless, yet understated and just perfect. I would highly recommend Mercedes to all brides!

Profile Picture User6724574, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes did my hair and makeup for both my engagement photo shoot (in May 2015) and my wedding (in November 2015). I highly recommend her. She is friendly, punctual, and calm under pressure. I was nervous about a back-to-back schedule for five women getting hair and makeup done at my wedding, but Mercedes kept everything running smoothly and on time. She also was a source of moral support and helped me feel less anxious about other things related to the wedding (aside from hair/makeup) that were stressing me. She achieved the look I was hoping for and did a great job with my hair extensions. The curls loosened a bit by the end of the night (after a lot of dancing!) but still looked really nice. The airbrush makeup and false eyelashes lasted the whole time. The cost of bridal hair and makeup is high, but I thought Mercedes' pricing was very reasonable compared to other artists in the New York/New Jersey area. I also greatly appreciated that she accommodated my request to do hair/makeup for some of the women in one hotel room and the rest in a separate hotel room, which was more convenient for us but less convenient for Mercedes (who had to set up her tools and supply kits twice as a result). I was also very impressed with how she managed to make my grandmother's old and sticky lipstick look and feel great on me - it was important to me to wear it for sentimental reasons even though it was past its prime, and I was grateful that Mercedes made it work.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/14/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup

Mercedes made me look gorgeous for my wedding. My hair and make-up were flawless and lasted all day and night. Mercedes and her assistant also did hair and make-up for my mom, sister-in-law, MOH, and niece. They all looked so pretty and were thrilled with their wedding looks.

Mercedes is as lovely as she is talented, and she radiated calm on the day of the wedding. We were up early, but everyone was finished on time. I can't recommend Mercedes enough, she's absolutely wonderful.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes is the best! I had a large bridal party (8 girls plus my mom) and Mercedes and her assistant were organized and calm and were able to do a lot of work (and make all of my friends look and feel beautiful!) without ever making the wedding morning feel rushed or stressed. They arrived exactly on time and the morning ran perfectly smoothly. As for me, I knew from my hair and makeup trial with Mercedes that she has a real gift! I think every bride wants to feel "like her best self" on her wedding day and Mercedes totally gets that. I almost never wear makeup and, while my hair and makeup definitely stayed put all day, I didn't feel or look like I had tons of products on. I felt like myself! Mercedes was easy to correspond with and made the planning simple and stress free. She is also so kind and reassuring and, when I had a bride moment and decided I wanted a different hairstyle than the one I asked for at the trial, she just said "no problem!" and executed the new look perfectly. I just think Mercedes is awesome!! I would gladly and confidently recommend her to any bride.

Profile Picture tracey, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was married on November 15, 2014 and used Mercedes for my hair and makeup. There simply aren't enough wonderful things to say about Mercedes. She was incredibly sweet, professional and hardworking throughout all of my trials (I had two) and most especially on the wedding day.

Mercedes is a truly talented hair and makeup artist. She immediately "got" the look I was going for and was wonderful at guiding my vision to a final look that looked stunning in person and in photograph and film. I did the airbrushing makeup, as did all of my bridesmaids and my mother. Our hair and makeup lasted PERFECTLY throughout the entire day and night (our ceremony was at 2:30 and we began getting ready as early as 8:00am). I could not be happier with how I look in my professional, and non-professional, photographs from the wedding day.

What I loved most about working with Mercedes on my wedding day was how efficiently and smoothly everything ran the morning of. We had 10 girls, including myself, getting hair and makeup done. Mercedes brought an additional hair stylist and an additional makeup artist with her who focused on the bridesmaids and were incredible. Everyone arrived perfectly on time and we were never once in a rush, short on time, or stressed getting ready. Mercedes did my hair and makeup, along with my mom, cousin and grandmother. Everyone had a relaxing morning and we were ready by 12:00, exactly when I asked to be done.

Book Mercedes for your wedding. She is a true artist and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Eileen, 11/15/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My husband, Michael and I, were married on Saturday, June 28, 2014. Mercedes and her assistant did hair and makeup for myself, as well as eight other females involved in my wedding. Words cannot say enough to express how amazing Mercedes and her assistant were. Not only was Mercedes always extremely responsive to my emails (I was planning a wedding out of state in Virginia the entire time), but always very professional as well. On the day of our wedding she arrived BEFORE myself and the rest of the women receiving hair and make up services. She and her assistant completed our hair and makeup at our venue, but she is incredibly flexible in terms of were she will complete your services the day of. All of the girls in the wedding looked absolutely amazing. The makeup and hair lasted throughout the entire day and evening. The hair designs that her assistant completed were intricate and beautiful. Mercedes did both my hair and makeup and I truly felt the most gorgeous I had ever felt in my entire life. In terms of her and her assistant's demeanor, they were constantly friendly and had a very calming presence throughout the entire day. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Gia, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes was one of the absolute BEST decisions I made in my wedding process. She was flexible with my schedule for the trial and really put in the full effort so I had a strong idea of what I would look like the day of the wedding. The day of the wedding came and I was even more thrilled with her work. She was on time, worked on the entire bridal property making everyone look gorgeous. I have never felt more beautiful, and I know that this is a common saying on your wedding day, but she really made me feel beautiful - not even a tweak to what she did. I would strongly recommend you reaching out to Mercedes for your special occasion - she was such a a pleasure and I am absolutely thrilled I went with her.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Mercedes was wonderful! Mercedes is a pro at what she does and her work is outstanding. As a busy bride, I didn't have time before the trial to look at hair styles I liked. This was no problem for Mercedes, she sat me down and told me what she thought would look good. I LOVED her ideas and completely trusted her judgement.

The day of the wedding, she was on time and very pleasant. She did a morning and an evening look for me, and she even finished quicker than she said she would! As a busy bride, the extra time she left me with the day of the wedding helped me get a lot more pictures in!

For the reception, I need to let it be known that I danced all night long and at the end of the night, my hair and make-up still looked perfect. I have fine hair that is very difficult to hold a curl, and this was no problem for Mercedes. She made sure I looked beautiful and stayed beautiful throughout the night.

Mercedes is sweet, professional and great at what she does! I highly recommend her and will use her for all events in the future!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes did my hair, as well as my six bridesmaid's and my mother's hair, for my wedding on April 12th. I cannot begin to explain how amazing she is. Not only is she the kindest, sweetest person (exactly who you'd want to be surrounded by on your big day), but she has such talent! We had a very wide range of different hair types (curly, Japanese straightened, frizzy, thin, thick, etc), but she was able to work her magic and every girl looked amazing!

Mercedes knows what she's doing and knows what will look best on each girl. She did a phenomenal job and I cannot thank her enough! If you're looking for a make-up artist or hair stylist for your big day, Mercedes is one choice you won't regret.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes was excellent. She did my makeup flawlessly and I never felt so beautiful. She really knows how to bring out a person's natural beauty and make a person look gorgeous.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mercedes was awesome! She always got back to my emails right away and was very professional. She arrived at my house the morning of my wedding early and ready to get started. I would recommend her and her team to any and every bride!

Profile Picture Amy, 2/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

This review is long overdue – we had our wedding events at the end of October 2013. I booked Mercedes after finding her on weddingwire and speaking with her on the phone since I live on the west coast. It was so easy to work with her via email, phone and texting. I love that she provided feedback on the best way to narrow down my hair and make up looks from across the country and then was great when I finally met her in person the week of the wedding for my trial.

Mercedes (and her assistants) did an amazing job making myself and my family look amazing for my wedding celebrations! Everyone complimented me so much on both days (we had our Sangeet – kind of like a rehearsal dinner – on Friday evening, and the wedding and reception were on Saturday) and, looking at the pictures, I am amazed at how well everything held up from beginning to end! Mercedes is so great at what she does and is so easy to work with -- great at what she does, friendly, punctual, responds to additional requests -- throughout the entire process! Thank you!!

Profile Picture User4146231, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired Mercedes for my wedding and was so pleased with how myself and my bridal looked. I wanted a more natural look with my hair and makeup and I was blown away with the final outcome. Besides being unbelievably talented, Mercedes is very pleasant to work with. Everyone is my bridal party was so happy with their look and we received so many compliments from our guests as well. I would highly recommend using Mercedes service, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User3607775, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews