52 Reviews for Memorial Chapel

Lighting/Sound (1)
Tables (1)
Linens (1)
52 Memorial Chapel Reviews

My husband and I recently held our wedding at the UMD Chapel and were extremely pleased and delighted with the entire process of working with the team. We cannot say enough good things about Mel Coles! She kept us calm, answered any questions we had quickly and professionally, and did anything she could to accommodate any request we had. I would recommend the chapel over and over again! My experience here was one of the highlights of my planning. We can't thank you enough!

Profile Picture Candice, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I (both graduates of UMD College Park) recently held our wedding ceremony at the UMD Memorial Chapel and were extremely pleased with the ease of reserving the facility, the information provided, and the support we received from the staff. Mel Coles made sure that everything was taken care of, provided recommendations on how to best decorate and plan the ceremony, and assisted with everything on the day of our ceremony. We were pleasantly surprised with all of the help we received leading up to our big day as well as the day of our wedding. She was amazing to work with! The Chapel provided her services and the services of an assistant (Olivia) and everything went very smoothly! Especially considering we didn’t reserve the Chapel until 2 months before our wedding. Even so, I didn’t feel rushed or stressed at all because Mel was on top of everything. We would definitely, without hesitation, recommend this beautiful venue and their dedicated staff for weddings.

Profile Picture Sherri, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mel and Olivia were very helpful with the Harrison/Williams wedding, down to the tiniest detail. If would definitely recommend others to host their wedding at the Memorial Chapel.

Profile Picture Yvonne, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have selected a more perfect venue for our ceremony. The Chapel was important to us as I am an alum of UMD. More specifically, Mel Coles (Event Coordinator) was amazing. She was so attentive to our needs and extremely flexible. Mel was quick to answer e-mails, phone calls, and complete follow-up items. In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, she made sure that every detail was ironed out and settled our nerves during the rehearsal and even on the day-of. Mel is a natural and will definitely be an awesome wedding planner in the future :) I recommend the care of UMD Chapel to handle all of your ceremony needs with efficiency and class!

Profile Picture Cavena, 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alonn and I had a great experience at UMDs Memorial Chapel! Mel and staff members were very accommodating and gracious with us during our planning process! Our wedding day was very memorable and we could not have asked for more! Needless to say, we had a beautiful experience inside such a beautiful chapel, as well as outside taking amazing photos in the garden. We highly recommend University of Maryland's Memorial Chapel for your special wedding day!;)

Profile Picture Alonn, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

The memorial chapel was amazing. They were so flexible, kind and so excited to have us. We were working around a scaffolding issue that happens once every 10 years (I know, just our luck) but they were very courteous and professional about it and offered us discounts for the inconvenience. We did a first look in the chapel gardens and they turned out amazing. My wedding literally looked like a fairytale because the chapel gardens looked so pretty and lush. They have excellent landscaping and the willow tree was perfect.

Photos
Profile Picture Bridget, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews

Good morning,
we just want to send our appreciation and thanks to you and your staff everything was amazing! thank you so much,
Michael and Tanya Christie

Profile Picture Michael , 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect! We are very happy to have chosen the Garden Chapel at UMD. Beautiful!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Memorial Chapel UMD were truly the best! Mel was very helpful, answered all our questions and assisted as necessary.

Profile Picture Lola, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great experience working with Memorial Chapel!! The staff ,especially Mel was really nice and answered emails quickly. Since we were both Alumni, getting married at the Chapel was our first choice! The chapel is big and the inside is very pretty. We decorated the altar with flowers and some tulle, but minimal decoration is needed because it looks great plain. I had no complaints working with the chapel, we had our reception in the Alumni center on campus as well, so it was great to have the ceremony and reception very close to each other. Also parking was not an issue, we put a few signs to point guests, but parking is free the day of! I would definitely recommend getting married here!!

Profile Picture christina, 8/19/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Linens, Parking, Bridal Suite, Indoor

Mel Coles was absolutely fabulous to work with. She made herself very available and was responsive to every question and concern that I had. My dream was always to get married at the UMD Chapel ever since I went to school there in college. Not only did my dream become a reality, it exceeded every expectation I could have had for the intimate, quiet, and calm wedding day I desired. Thanks to the UMD Chapel and Mel, specifically. I'll never forget your impact on my special day!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mel was great to work with. She was very professional and responsive. The other venue staff were also very accommodating!

Profile Picture Festina, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor

This venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am working with Mel and she is a doll! I have has had the opportunity to meet Denise. Everyone has been so courteous and helpful. They are very prompt with the response time. I could not have chosen a better ceremony venue! I cant wait until the big day!!!!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture

Great ceremony location. Beautiful location and a great team who helped us to prepare properly for the wedding. The only downside was the sound . (The microphones had a problem; probably batteries were old so the mics kept going in and out.) I would totally advice couples to go with Memorial Chapel but be sure to test the sound before the wedding day to catch any sound issues beforehand.

Profile Picture Bei, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Indoor

Loved this venue! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Not much decorating needed, the main Chapel is naturally beautiful and has more than adequate seating and space. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding ceremony there last September. The staff there are exceptional and very friendly. Inside the chapel is absolutely beautiful especially the altar. They offer a discount to University of Maryland alumni/students and military. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Chevonne, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

Wonderful staff who provided professional and timely services from the time we selected the main chapel to the moment we left the chapel after the ceremony. I would highly recommend this facility for your dream wedding.

Profile Picture User7155902, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.3

My husband and I are both UMD alum, I used to work at the Chapel and we got engaged outside so it was a natural choice for our ceremony. We booked the Garden Chapel which is a good space for a small wedding. The Tree of Life installation added color to the space and meant we had to do very little in the way of additional decorations. The gardens outside are great for getting photos taken. The staff were very helpful and threw in the bridal suite to our rental for free since there wasn't a concurrent booking in the main chapel. The Main Chapel is more popular, but the Garden Chapel is easier to book and a great space for a smaller wedding.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Melva was amazing!!! She was there for me from DAY 1 and was always so responsive to my calls and emails. My wedding was everything I wanted because of Melva. Her time management and organization skills made everything go so smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Chapel was beautiful in every way and everything was so so beautiful. Thank you, Melva, for making our wedding dreams come true!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture M, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Parking, Lighting/Sound

Great service and ideas from chapel staff, talk thorough and rehearse before wedding.

Profile Picture jia, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue. We had a wonderful experience, and it was a pleasure working with the staff.

Profile Picture User6812648, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very nice people. They always help you as much as they can and enjoy the big moment with you from deep heart with you.

Profile Picture Hong, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Of all the vendors we worked with, the UMD chapel had the most responsive, accommodating staff. Definitely recommend, especially for alumni!

Profile Picture Joni, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Parking

Everything was perfect! The process was very smooth and everything was set up for us.

Profile Picture Angela, 3/5/16, 1 Review