Memorial Chapel Reviews

56 | College Park, MD

56 Reviews for Memorial Chapel

56 Memorial Chapel Reviews

Mayumi · Married on 06/30/2018

I really had the pleasure of working with the entire team. They were all very proffesional and accommodating throughout the entire process. I definitely revvommend the Umd Memorial Chapel!!

Nadine · Married on 06/28/2018

Mel made this process a breeze. From the reserving of our date, our walk through, to the actual day. The venue is beautiful as always. I ended up being a true Terrapin bride!

Carolina · Married on 04/14/2018

The memorial chapel staff were a delight to work with. I could not give them higher praise. They made my wedding planning process as seamless as possible. The Chapel is gorgeous! And, it really was just an all-around great experience!

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I recently held our wedding at the UMD Chapel and were extremely pleased and delighted with the entire process of working with the team. We cannot say enough good things about Mel Coles! She kept us calm, answered any questions we had quickly and professionally, and did anything she could to accommodate any request we had. I would recommend the chapel over and over again! My experience here was one of the highlights of my planning. We can't thank you enough!

Sherri · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I (both graduates of UMD College Park) recently held our wedding ceremony at the UMD Memorial Chapel and were extremely pleased with the ease of reserving the facility, the information provided, and the support we received from the staff. Mel Coles made sure that everything was taken care of, provided recommendations on how to best decorate and plan the ceremony, and assisted with everything on the day of our ceremony. We were pleasantly surprised with all of the help we received leading up to our big day as well as the day of our wedding. She was amazing to work with! The Chapel provided her services and the services of an assistant (Olivia) and everything went very smoothly! Especially considering we didn’t reserve the Chapel until 2 months before our wedding. Even so, I didn’t feel rushed or stressed at all because Mel was on top of everything. We would definitely, without hesitation, recommend this beautiful venue and their dedicated staff for weddings.

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/07/2017

Mel and Olivia were very helpful with the Harrison/Williams wedding, down to the tiniest detail. If would definitely recommend others to host their wedding at the Memorial Chapel.

Cavena · Married on 10/01/2017

We could not have selected a more perfect venue for our ceremony. The Chapel was important to us as I am an alum of UMD. More specifically, Mel Coles (Event Coordinator) was amazing. She was so attentive to our needs and extremely flexible. Mel was quick to answer e-mails, phone calls, and complete follow-up items. In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, she made sure that every detail was ironed out and settled our nerves during the rehearsal and even on the day-of. Mel is a natural and will definitely be an awesome wedding planner in the future :) I recommend the care of UMD Chapel to handle all of your ceremony needs with efficiency and class!

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

The memorial chapel was amazing. They were so flexible, kind and so excited to have us. We were working around a scaffolding issue that happens once every 10 years (I know, just our luck) but they were very courteous and professional about it and offered us discounts for the inconvenience. We did a first look in the chapel gardens and they turned out amazing. My wedding literally looked like a fairytale because the chapel gardens looked so pretty and lush. They have excellent landscaping and the willow tree was perfect.

Memorial Chapel 1
    Memorial Chapel 9
    Memorial Chapel 10

Michael · Married on 09/08/2017

Good morning,
    we just want to send our appreciation and thanks to you and your staff everything was amazing! thank you so much,
    Michael and Tanya Christie

Maria · Married on 09/02/2017

Everything was perfect! We are very happy to have chosen the Garden Chapel at UMD. Beautiful!

Memorial Chapel 11

Lola · Married on 09/02/2017

The staff at the Memorial Chapel UMD were truly the best! Mel was very helpful, answered all our questions and assisted as necessary.

christina · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a great experience working with Memorial Chapel!! The staff ,especially Mel was really nice and answered emails quickly. Since we were both Alumni, getting married at the Chapel was our first choice! The chapel is big and the inside is very pretty. We decorated the altar with flowers and some tulle, but minimal decoration is needed because it looks great plain. I had no complaints working with the chapel, we had our reception in the Alumni center on campus as well, so it was great to have the ceremony and reception very close to each other. Also parking was not an issue, we put a few signs to point guests, but parking is free the day of! I would definitely recommend getting married here!!

Erin · Married on 07/30/2017

Mel Coles was absolutely fabulous to work with. She made herself very available and was responsive to every question and concern that I had. My dream was always to get married at the UMD Chapel ever since I went to school there in college. Not only did my dream become a reality, it exceeded every expectation I could have had for the intimate, quiet, and calm wedding day I desired. Thanks to the UMD Chapel and Mel, specifically. I'll never forget your impact on my special day!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/17/2017

This venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am working with Mel and she is a doll! I have has had the opportunity to meet Denise. Everyone has been so courteous and helpful. They are very prompt with the response time. I could not have chosen a better ceremony venue! I cant wait until the big day!!!!!

Chevonne · Married on 09/03/2016

We held our wedding ceremony there last September. The staff there are exceptional and very friendly. Inside the chapel is absolutely beautiful especially the altar. They offer a discount to University of Maryland alumni/students and military. I would highly recommend this vendor.

M · Married on 06/25/2016

Melva was amazing!!! She was there for me from DAY 1 and was always so responsive to my calls and emails. My wedding was everything I wanted because of Melva. Her time management and organization skills made everything go so smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Chapel was beautiful in every way and everything was so so beautiful. Thank you, Melva, for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Memorial Chapel's reply:

Hi M ! I am so incredibly humbled. Thank you for your kind remarks, I appreciate it so much. We do our best, and I am very happy you had a wonderful experience. Best wishes on your marriage, family and life.

Hong · Married on 05/21/2016

Very nice people. They always help you as much as they can and enjoy the big moment with you from deep heart with you.

Joni · Married on 05/21/2016

Of all the vendors we worked with, the UMD chapel had the most responsive, accommodating staff. Definitely recommend, especially for alumni!

Angela · Married on 03/05/2016

Everything was perfect! The process was very smooth and everything was set up for us.

Rynda · Married on 07/18/2015

We had our wedding ceremony at the Memorial Chapel at University of Maryland, College Park. Leading up to the big day, staff was very prompt in responding to our e-mails and rehearsal was smooth with a staff member present to assist with any questions or concerns our officiant or wedding planner had. The venue had the candles and stands for us to use during our ceremony which made it easier for us not having to worry about those. Everything met our expectations and we are very pleased with how everything turned out.

Dorothy · Married on 07/11/2015

Having our wedding at the memorial chapel was a wonderful experience. Beautiful facility to begin with and great customer service. Will recommend them to any and every body.
    Thanks, Dorothy

The Memorial Chapel at UMCP was a great option for us since we are both alumni of the school :) Pictures came out great, our day-of coordinator was super helpful and accommodating. The staff were also very responsive throughout the planning process via email and they answered all our questions! Great acoustics if you're looking to have live music too!!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Memorial Chapel's reply:

Hi There, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your service, and are happy that you found our customer service to be satisfactory. Additionally, we are glad that you found our staff to be accommodating, responsive and professional. Best wishes on your marriage, and have a great day !!!

Having our ceremony at the UMD Memorial Chapel was lovely. The inside of the Chapel is beautiful! From our initial tour to email correspondence, we knew this was a special venue to hold our ceremony. The staff is extremely helpful, timely, and professional. My husband and I were very pleased!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Memorial Chapel's reply:

Hi !! Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your willingness to share with us, any helpful feedback and we appreciate your valued service. We are extremely thrilled that you shared (and enjoyed) your special day with us. Have a wonderful day and we wish you all the best in life and marriage !

Melinda · Married on 08/09/2014

I was so happy to have the chapel as my wedding venue. The inside was gorgeous! The long isle was stunning and made for such a dramatic entrance. :) We were assigned a coordinator for our rehearsal and wedding; she was great. She asked all the right questions and made it so the chapel was set up to fit our personal wedding. It really helped A LOT to have her there!