University of Maryland Memorial Chapel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Tomika
    Tomika B. Getting married on 10/01/2022

Great Wedding Day!

My experience at the Memorial Chapel was excellent. The staff, made my wedding extremely memorable. They are patient, kind and accommodating. They were there to answer any questions, any time of the day and night! I knew I was in great hands from day one! The Chapel manager and the three ladies there to assist me are super professional and knowledgeable. You can tell that they love their jobs because they make it super easy for the bride and groom to have the best day of their life. And how could I forget to mention the beauty of the Chapel - both sides, the Main and the Garden. Either space doesn't need much decorating, it's beauty speaks for itself. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Memorial Chapel.
  • Ishmail
    Ishmail A. Married on 07/02/2022

Mr and Mrs Sesay we thank you guys

It's a beautiful place to do a wedding 💒 we love it thanks to everyone at memorial Chapel
  • Chrissy
    Chrissy Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Venue and Experience!

The Chapel at UMD was the most fabulous ceremony space for our wedding. The space itself is absolutely beautiful, however, what made our experience was the team we had at the chapel. We worked with Denise, Salem and Kailey. They were super responsive and Denise specifically, helped us sort out a huge issue we had a few weeks before the wedding, and completely saved the day! Everyone at the chapel was absolutely incredible, and helped us every step of the way and on the wedding day. They were so kind, helpful and calming. The experience was absolutely incredible and I would recommend this venue to anyone!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Gretchen
    Gretchen S. Married on 04/07/2022

COVID-19 - Socially Distance Wedding

Planning a wedding during a global pandemic was very stressful. However, Mel Coles, Event Sales, and Office Assistant, UMD Memorial Chapel, helped make our wedding day memorable for my husband and me.

From our first phone conversation, she was honest regarding the university's COVID-19 guidelines and kept me posted as she and Denise Lorraine McHugh worked behind the scenes to get our date approved. Mel recommended vendors and was very hands-on throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect. From rolling out my aisle runner, making sure I had the right music, to ensuring my 20 guests felt welcomed and safe, Mel was terrific. Her attention to detail was also a bonus.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue with impeccable customer service, I highly recommend the UMD Memorial Chapel to host your wedding.
  • Mike
    Mike K. Married on 03/26/2022

Great Wedding Venue

My bride and I had a wonderful experience with the Memorial Chapel as a whole. The venue was stunning and beautiful and fit our needs completely. The staff was patient and very accomodating towards our wedding party.
  • Nchandeh
    Nchandeh T. Married on 03/19/2022

Excellent customer service

The staff at the Memorial Chapel were exceptional. Everyone was very attentive and went above and beyond to make my day very special. Denise was so warm and welcoming! I would definitely recommend to other brides!
    Vanessa C. Married on 01/08/2022

Amazing Service and Attention to Detail

Our wedding ceremony was so incredibly beautiful and went so well. There were no trouble at all. The staff at the UMD chapel were so helpful and nice. They always responded to my emails and questions I had. They also kept up to date with me and checked in periodically before the wedding.
  • Fiona
    Fiona R. Married on 08/14/2021

Incredible

We loved having our ceremony at the Memorial Chapel. Both of us went to UMD, so it was a special place for us. They were quick to answer any questions we had and were very helpful throughout the entire process. Mel was so friendly and wonderful to work with. She really helped make planning the day easy. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here!
  • Kareena Apple
    K Married on 05/15/2021

Simply the best!

As Terps, we were so lucky to be married in Memorial Chapel! The space is stunning and the space and gardens do not need much in terms of decor. We worked with Mel, and she is hands down the best thing that happened to us! She was professional, prompt, caring, communicative, and knowledgeable. Mel checked in with us every step of the way, made recommendations, and truly worked to make our day one to remember. You won't be disappointed!
  • Eurydice
    Eurydice Married on 04/03/2021

The absolute best!

We decided to have a small wedding and I couldn’t have picked a better venue. Mel was the best and I don’t know if everything would have gone a smooth as it did without her!
  • Annessa
    Annessa T. Married on 03/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My wedding was very last minute but Mel from UMD Memorial Chapel was HEAVEN SENT! She was helpful from the instant she answered the phone. She made my wedding stress free and memorable! Mel exceeded all expectations of customer service. Thank you is not enough!!!
  • Bee
    Bee Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing Venue!

Working with Mel, Grace and Raquel was a pleasure! They were attuned to all of our needs. They were very helpful even before the wedding day! I hope to work with them again! P.S. the chapel is beautiful and the pictures came out beautifully! Thank you for everything!! ❤️
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly W. Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing Venue!

I LOVE this church, it’s gorgeous and needs little to no decorations. Mel helped through the whole process and she’s the best. I definitely recommend this venue and staff because they were all so helpful and friendly.
  • Rhona
    Rhona M. Married on 10/10/2020

Great Experience

My husband and I utilized the main chapel and we could not have been any happier. The venue itself is beautiful and can accommodate very large groups. Unfortunately, due to COVID, we were limited to only 40 guest. However, the venue went out of their way to ensure that guests felt welcomed, while still following proper COVID procedures. All of the coordinators that we worked with prior to the wedding and during the day of were fantastic. They made sure that everything went as smoothly as possible, and as a type A kind of bride, I was extremely impressed. All in all, I would definitely recommend this venue to other couples!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Married on 08/16/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Covid 19 Socially Distance Wedding. Great Great Service!

(Photos by raphaelevans.com and designs by genuinexpressions.com)

Mel and Denise were so great at making sure we had the best wedding experience even during Covid. We had our wedding Aug. 2020 and it was still very beautiful and came out better then I could have planned. Originally we weren't sure if it would be better to cancel and wait it out but I am so glad we didn't! We kept our date, still had a great wedding at the best venue and was able to start our forever! ❤️
    Shannon B. Married on 08/07/2020

Great Team to work with

We had a great wedding at UMD Memorial Chapel! I planned the entire wedding from Texas and Denise and Mel were great with communication via email and phone leading up to the wedding. They were also great to work with for changes due to COVID. We are so glad we chose this location for our wedding!
    Kendra Married on 01/04/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything came out perfect!

The chapel staff was very flexible, very responsive, and helpful throughout the whole process. Mel. was absolutely amazing and making sure everything came out perfect on my wedding day. She definitely went over and above and I couldn't have been happier. Thank you so much! I would definitely recommend.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful experience!

The Chapel made our wedding planning experience so easy and convenient. Mel and Caralyn were fantastic and we recommend them and the chapel to any Terp alumni for their wedding. We loved every minute.
    111111 Married on 07/10/2019

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
    Amy Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Experience!

We loved getting married at the Chapel! We met at University of Maryland, and it was so special to get married on campus. We were married in the main chapel, which was beautiful. We had access to a piano, which was great for our music. The outside gardens were perfect for pictures, especially for our first look. Mel and her team were amazing. They were very easy-going, very responsive, and had frequent check-ins. She worked well with our planner as well. Everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend!
    Margo F. Married on 06/08/2019

June Wedding

Thank you so much to Mel. Coles and the entire team at the UMD Memorial Chapel. We had a wonderful wedding for our clients Amy & Matt and look forward to working there again in the future.
    Judy K. Married on 11/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our ceremony was PERFECT!

Mel. and the other staff at UMD Chapel were amazing to work with. They were incredibly understanding, accommodating, flexible, and just simply kind. My fiance is a UMD alumn so we were able to get an almumni discount but moreso than that, the chapel is gorgeous (minimal decorating) and the staff is excellent!!!
    Mayumi Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I really had the pleasure of working with the entire team. They were all very proffesional and accommodating throughout the entire process. I definitely revvommend the Umd Memorial Chapel!!
    Nadine Married on 06/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mel made this process a breeze. From the reserving of our date, our walk through, to the actual day. The venue is beautiful as always. I ended up being a true Terrapin bride!
  • I
    Ida Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The ceremony of our dreams!

My husband and I are both University of Maryland alumni, so we knew from the beginning that we wanted our ceremony to be held at the Memorial Chapel. From the very beginning, Mel was very proactive in reaching out with details and ideas and scheduling wedding planning meetings. I loved how quickly she responded to my e-mails and phone calls! Her experience with Chapel weddings made us feel like our ceremony was in very capable hands. The Chapel has a piano, basic linens, floral pedestals, candle holders/unity candle, all on site which was so convenient for us. It is a gorgeous chapel, and beside some florals, very little decorating is needed. Our ceremony was gorgeous and well run because of the beauty of the chapel and the awesome staff.
illustration stars