University of Maryland Memorial Chapel Reviews

University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 5
University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 6
University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 7

Kendra H. · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Everything came out perfect!

The chapel staff was very flexible, very responsive, and helpful throughout the whole process. Mel. was absolutely amazing and making sure everything came out perfect on my wedding day. She definitely went over and above and I couldn't have been happier. Thank you so much! I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful experience!

The Chapel made our wedding planning experience so easy and convenient. Mel and Caralyn were fantastic and we recommend them and the chapel to any Terp alumni for their wedding. We loved every minute.

Sent on 07/23/2019

111111 · Married on 07/10/2019

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Sent on 06/30/2019

Margo Fischer · Married on 06/08/2019

June Wedding

Thank you so much to Mel. Coles and the entire team at the UMD Memorial Chapel. We had a wonderful wedding for our clients Amy & Matt and look forward to working there again in the future.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Amy · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Experience!

We loved getting married at the Chapel! We met at University of Maryland, and it was so special to get married on campus. We were married in the main chapel, which was beautiful. We had access to a piano, which was great for our music. The outside gardens were perfect for pictures, especially for our first look. Mel and her team were amazing. They were very easy-going, very responsive, and had frequent check-ins. She worked well with our planner as well. Everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Judy Kim · Married on 11/10/2018

Our ceremony was PERFECT!

Mel. and the other staff at UMD Chapel were amazing to work with. They were incredibly understanding, accommodating, flexible, and just simply kind. My fiance is a UMD alumn so we were able to get an almumni discount but moreso than that, the chapel is gorgeous (minimal decorating) and the staff is excellent!!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Mayumi · Married on 06/30/2018

I really had the pleasure of working with the entire team. They were all very proffesional and accommodating throughout the entire process. I definitely revvommend the Umd Memorial Chapel!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Nadine · Married on 06/28/2018

Mel made this process a breeze. From the reserving of our date, our walk through, to the actual day. The venue is beautiful as always. I ended up being a true Terrapin bride!

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • I

Ida · Married on 06/23/2018

The ceremony of our dreams!

My husband and I are both University of Maryland alumni, so we knew from the beginning that we wanted our ceremony to be held at the Memorial Chapel. From the very beginning, Mel was very proactive in reaching out with details and ideas and scheduling wedding planning meetings. I loved how quickly she responded to my e-mails and phone calls! Her experience with Chapel weddings made us feel like our ceremony was in very capable hands. The Chapel has a piano, basic linens, floral pedestals, candle holders/unity candle, all on site which was so convenient for us. It is a gorgeous chapel, and beside some florals, very little decorating is needed. Our ceremony was gorgeous and well run because of the beauty of the chapel and the awesome staff.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 8

Carolina · Married on 04/14/2018

The memorial chapel staff were a delight to work with. I could not give them higher praise. They made my wedding planning process as seamless as possible. The Chapel is gorgeous! And, it really was just an all-around great experience!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I recently held our wedding at the UMD Chapel and were extremely pleased and delighted with the entire process of working with the team. We cannot say enough good things about Mel Coles! She kept us calm, answered any questions we had quickly and professionally, and did anything she could to accommodate any request we had. I would recommend the chapel over and over again! My experience here was one of the highlights of my planning. We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Sherri · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I (both graduates of UMD College Park) recently held our wedding ceremony at the UMD Memorial Chapel and were extremely pleased with the ease of reserving the facility, the information provided, and the support we received from the staff. Mel Coles made sure that everything was taken care of, provided recommendations on how to best decorate and plan the ceremony, and assisted with everything on the day of our ceremony. We were pleasantly surprised with all of the help we received leading up to our big day as well as the day of our wedding. She was amazing to work with! The Chapel provided her services and the services of an assistant (Olivia) and everything went very smoothly! Especially considering we didn’t reserve the Chapel until 2 months before our wedding. Even so, I didn’t feel rushed or stressed at all because Mel was on top of everything. We would definitely, without hesitation, recommend this beautiful venue and their dedicated staff for weddings.

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/07/2017

Mel and Olivia were very helpful with the Harrison/Williams wedding, down to the tiniest detail. If would definitely recommend others to host their wedding at the Memorial Chapel.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Cavena · Married on 10/01/2017

We could not have selected a more perfect venue for our ceremony. The Chapel was important to us as I am an alum of UMD. More specifically, Mel Coles (Event Coordinator) was amazing. She was so attentive to our needs and extremely flexible. Mel was quick to answer e-mails, phone calls, and complete follow-up items. In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, she made sure that every detail was ironed out and settled our nerves during the rehearsal and even on the day-of. Mel is a natural and will definitely be an awesome wedding planner in the future :) I recommend the care of UMD Chapel to handle all of your ceremony needs with efficiency and class!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

The memorial chapel was amazing. They were so flexible, kind and so excited to have us. We were working around a scaffolding issue that happens once every 10 years (I know, just our luck) but they were very courteous and professional about it and offered us discounts for the inconvenience. We did a first look in the chapel gardens and they turned out amazing. My wedding literally looked like a fairytale because the chapel gardens looked so pretty and lush. They have excellent landscaping and the willow tree was perfect.

Sent on 12/28/2017
    University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 17
    University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 18

Michael · Married on 09/08/2017

Good morning,
    we just want to send our appreciation and thanks to you and your staff everything was amazing! thank you so much,
    Michael and Tanya Christie

Sent on 09/15/2017

Maria · Married on 09/02/2017

Everything was perfect! We are very happy to have chosen the Garden Chapel at UMD. Beautiful!

Sent on 09/29/2017
    University of Maryland Memorial Chapel 19

Lola · Married on 09/02/2017

The staff at the Memorial Chapel UMD were truly the best! Mel was very helpful, answered all our questions and assisted as necessary.

Sent on 11/16/2017

christina · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a great experience working with Memorial Chapel!! The staff ,especially Mel was really nice and answered emails quickly. Since we were both Alumni, getting married at the Chapel was our first choice! The chapel is big and the inside is very pretty. We decorated the altar with flowers and some tulle, but minimal decoration is needed because it looks great plain. I had no complaints working with the chapel, we had our reception in the Alumni center on campus as well, so it was great to have the ceremony and reception very close to each other. Also parking was not an issue, we put a few signs to point guests, but parking is free the day of! I would definitely recommend getting married here!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Erin · Married on 07/30/2017

Mel Coles was absolutely fabulous to work with. She made herself very available and was responsive to every question and concern that I had. My dream was always to get married at the UMD Chapel ever since I went to school there in college. Not only did my dream become a reality, it exceeded every expectation I could have had for the intimate, quiet, and calm wedding day I desired. Thanks to the UMD Chapel and Mel, specifically. I'll never forget your impact on my special day!

Sent on 09/10/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/17/2017

This venue is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am working with Mel and she is a doll! I have has had the opportunity to meet Denise. Everyone has been so courteous and helpful. They are very prompt with the response time. I could not have chosen a better ceremony venue! I cant wait until the big day!!!!!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Chevonne · Married on 09/03/2016

We held our wedding ceremony there last September. The staff there are exceptional and very friendly. Inside the chapel is absolutely beautiful especially the altar. They offer a discount to University of Maryland alumni/students and military. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 09/03/2017

M · Married on 06/25/2016

Melva was amazing!!! She was there for me from DAY 1 and was always so responsive to my calls and emails. My wedding was everything I wanted because of Melva. Her time management and organization skills made everything go so smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Chapel was beautiful in every way and everything was so so beautiful. Thank you, Melva, for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/04/2016

University of Maryland Memorial Chapel's reply:

Hi M !

I am so incredibly humbled. Thank you for your kind remarks, I appreciate it so much. We do our best, and I am very happy you had a wonderful experience. Best wishes on your marriage, family and life.

Hong · Married on 05/21/2016

Very nice people. They always help you as much as they can and enjoy the big moment with you from deep heart with you.

Sent on 06/08/2016