Memoirs Reviews

Memoirs 3
Memoirs 4
Memoirs 5

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

memoirs...superb, passionate and simply exquisite! just stellar!

Memoirs is absolutely superb in every aspect! They hold to the highest standard when it comes to catering exquisite meals and cocktails to our wedding guests. We are very blessed to have them as our vendor for our wedding, and now we can call them friends because they are a special group people who helped us with every little detail to provide a memorable experience to all our family and friends.

For the brides and grooms out there, we know the process of selecting a catering company to deliver the most memorable meal is not an easy task, but memoirs made it to so easy for us that we knew from the first day of meeting them that we wanted to work with them. Thomas and Chef Peter put a beautiful family style menu together for our wedding guests to enjoy, Rosanna provided the most spectacular dining experience with the team that was incredibly enjoyable for our guests and Noah crafted such delicious cocktails throughout the ceremony and reception that I continuously heard chatter from our guests of the amazing concoction he has provided.

We can both personally go on and on about how remarkable memoirs team was in every aspect because they made it so easy for us to adore every single team member. They are by far the sweetest group of people who are incredibly passionate about their work. You can tell from day one that they love what they do and they care about delivering exceptional results. They do it with so much love and passion that you can taste it through their meals.

Thank you so much, memoir! We are both incredibly blessed to have met and worked with you all. We hope you all know how much we appreciate you all for all the hard work that was put into making this evening happen! You all have helped deliver a memorable meal and cocktails that evening because I still hear about how great it was from our friends and family so thank you, thank you, thank you a million times!

• Konalee

Konalee · Married on 08/19/2018

Thank you! I honestly don’t know what to say other than thank you a million times over. From the start the Memoirs team were so helpful and were across all the food/drink and staff requests I had in the lead up to our destination wedding. Rosanna even picked up the fact I had accidentally made a typo on the number of vegetarian meals required and she saved the day by following-up for clarification rather than processing the request.

Our wedding food was lovely - the starters, entrees (mains) and those amazing malasadas as a dance floor snack were a treat! We wished we were able to do the traditional taste test but being destination we had to trust the pictures and the menu as well as the incredible reviews.

Our guests were over the moon with all the food - the salad course was then followed by either a fish, chicken or vegetarian entree (main) option and all were very enjoyed thoroughly. The bar was perfectly stocked with the drink requirements for the signature his and her cocktails as well as an abundance of beer and wine. We were very well looked after on the night with such attentive and friendly wait staff!

Rosanna, Thomas, Peter - Adam and I just want to thank you for all your hard work and effort you put into our special day, from the lead up to the day itself; your customer service was outstanding and it was a pleasure to work with you. Please pass on our thanks to all your staff too, they did an excellent job! Highly recommend for wedding catering - 5 stars!

Memoirs 6
    Memoirs 7
    Memoirs 8
    Memoirs 9

Karin · Married on 02/18/2018

My husband wrote a review a while back but Im still in awe of how amazing Memoirs were so I had to write a review! Choosing Memoirs as our caterer was truly one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Not just because their food is AMAZING but because they are so professional and we were amazed with their quality of service. We mostly communicated by emails but Thomas was super fast with responding and he would listen and work with us to meet our needs. We didn’t have a professional wedding planner so we were still worried if everything will go smoothly..however, Memoirs were SO on top of things and Rosanna was one of the most dependable person we got to work with so everything went perfect. Because they were there, I didn’t have to worry about anything on the day of and just got to enjoy the tasty food! Unfortunately it was pouring during our reception and they had to run in the rain but nobody complained and they kept professional throughout the event! ( I really hope nobody got sick!) Everybody LOVED the food and we got so many compliments. I am so thankful we chose them and I honestly want to have another wedding or event just so I could work with them and enjoy their food!

Teresa · Married on 09/11/2016

Memoirs was highly recommended to us by our coordinator, and we couldn't have been happier with their service. Thomas (Office Manager) was very responsive and listened to our concerns and worked within our budget. Chef Jeff Foster was great - we wanted Hawaiian food, but with a twist, and Chef Foster delivered. The appetizers (oxtail sliders, shiitake arancini, and hamachi ceviche in lumpia cones) were presented beautifully and were delicious. The hamachi ceviche in lumpia cones were the crowd favorite. The beef short rib was juicy and flavorful, the fish was flaky and well seasoned. My husband and I didn't get a chance to enjoy the dessert because right after it was served, we did our first dance - to our chagrin as people told us the dessert was one of their favorite parts of the meal. The servers always had a smile on their face, and were very friendly. We would definitely recommend Memoirs for any catered event.

Mario · Married on 06/11/2016

We were completely blown away by the food and how great Memoirs were to work with. Chef Peter and his team were brilliant, from start to finish the process was so efficient and easy. We live in Australia so planning a wedding in Hawaii was a difficult task, but the catering part of the wedding was a breeze. Chef Peter was able to hop on phone calls with us, and right when we got into town they hosted us for a tasting to review the menu. Amazing food! We got so many compliments from our guests about everything that was served at the wedding. The staff were so professional, I really can't express how impressed we were. And they were even able to accommodate a last minute request from us to cater a BBQ we hosted the day after the wedding for 60 people, again the food was top notch and really made the day that much better. Chef Peter, Rosanna, Thomas, Chef Nick and the rest of the Memoirs team really made our wedding weekend so special, we're beyond happy!!

• Jo

Jo · Married on 04/19/2016

There are no words to explain how amazing Memoirs were. They were the superstars of our wedding! We had to organise everything from Australia so we had to fly to Hawaii to do all our taste testing (best ever) and we were in love. The professionalism of this company is top notch. We knew we wanted to get the best of the best when it came to catering as this was high on our list of priorities (we LOVE our food). They did not disappoint. From the appetisers, the custom made cocktails, the professionalism of the servers, the specialised menu for our allergy and gluten sensitive guests, the bride and groom getting both options for mains (and got a little grazing plate at our table after our photography session), the perfect timing of serving within our timeline, managing to impress 50 guests with the menu...AND they had to achieve all of this in a rented kitchen on a lawn as we got married at Lanikuhonua estate! Amazing. If you want the best of the best, chose Memoirs and Chef Foster!

Shelley · Married on 03/21/2015

Chef Foster, Rosanna and Thomas and the rest of the Memoirs team were fantastic! We used Memoirs for catering and bartending for our wedding. Chef Foster created a delicious menu that included some fantastic passed hors d'oeuvres (hamachi lumpia cones were especially tasty), entrees and dessert (hot malasadas). It was my dream to have a sushi bar for the wedding and Memoirs set up a sushi bar for our guests to enjoy during cocktail hour. This was by far the thing most raved about at our wedding!

Rosanna also was a HUGE help with getting our rentals (tables, chairs, tent, flatware, dance floor, etc.) and Thomas was great about communication (super responsive) between us and the Memoirs team.

Our bartender at the wedding was fabulous! I can't remember his name (as he was very talented at his job), but he kept the guests from getting thirsty and made sure that everyone had a great time. He was personable and efficient and the drinks were delicious!

During our reception, Memoirs made sure that we got a plate of the hors d'oeuvres that we missed while taking pictures and created an entree sampler of all three dishes we had. These special touches, and so many more are why Memoirs is an AMAZING choice!

Marie · Married on 03/19/2015

To work with Chef Foster & Thomas was a dream come true! I used Memoirs for our wedding this past March. Not only did they answer my 1000 questions but they provided a service that was so valuable and genuine that any destination bride can ask for. My guests still talk about the food till this day! I am SO beyond happy I chose them as my cater and to be there with me on the Big day!

One of the most amazing aspects of our wedding! Memoirs did an incredible job! The food was fantastic (our guests are still talking about it) and the staff on the day of and during our correspondence leading up to the event were incredibly sweet and helpful! I cannot recommend Memoirs enough! YUM!

This review won't even begin to capture how amazing Memoirs is, but I'll try... We were impressed by them from the start. We received a very prompt reply to our initial inquiry. It wasn't some generic form response, they took the time to look over our event and provide input and recommendations from the very start. We were working on a very tight budget, and they helped us find a number of ways to cut costs without having a sub-par menu. Gabi was incredibly helpful getting our event planned. She lent a great deal of expertise and provided some great ideas to make our wedding even better. She really went above and beyond our expectations.

Okay, the wedding day. Everything was set up perfectly. Our centerpieces and place-settings were just how my wife requested them. The servers were very friendly and helpful, and made sure to keep my wife and I well fed throughout the night. The passed appetizers were amazing and we immediately started receiving compliments on the food. Our guests also had a lot of good things to say about our bartender, he was a really cool guy, worked fast, and poured strong drinks!

Okay, onto dinner. We had the seared fish with lilikoi sauce, and it might have been some of the best fish I've ever eaten, it was seriously amazing. He also made a curry chicken with goat cheese and some other stuff that was absolutely incredible. Everything was so good, we were kicking ourselves the next day for not getting a few plates of leftovers to take with us to our cabin to eat during our honeymoon!

In summary, Memoirs was phenomenal from the first email to the end of our event. Staff, food, service, everything was perfect. They were a big part of why our wedding was so memorable. You'd be making a serious mistake not choosing them. Heck, my wife and I have been joking about how we want to do another event of some sort just to eat the food again!

• Jackie

Jackie · Married on 08/08/2013

If you are having a wedding on Oahu, Hawaii then I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Memoirs for your dinner service. From the moment I tried the bacon rubbed chicken skewers during our cocktail hour, I wanted to eat all of them! The chicken was unlike anything I've ever tried...and I haven't even gotten to the main course.

We decided to go with the buffet option due to budget constraints and it turned out beautifully. Our guests raved about the food and how delicious is was. As the Bride and Groom, our meals were plated and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. The only thing that bummed me out was we were never served our side dishes, only the salad and main courses. Everyone talked about how good the ginger fried rice was but my husband and I never got to try it! :(

Overall, I would definitely recommend Memoirs. The food was amazing and the staff was terrific! If we ever renew our vows and need catering, I know who I will be calling!

Memoirs was recommended to us by our coordinator and it was one of the best decision we made for our wedding. Food was a huge priority for us, and what we had at our tasting and what we ate at our reception did not leave us down. Several people asked who catered for us because they were interested in using them for their next event.

Kasia · Married on 05/16/2013

Amazing service - very attentive and responsive people, very focused on the quality of their food. You really don't need to look elsewhere. We live in Hawai'i and we had time to try other vendors. Some were overly pushy, some very helpful but still not as elegant as we expected. And all of them charged for tasting.
    Memoirs did not. And there was a reason for it! it was hard not to fall in love with their food. Crispy locally grown salad, fresh Hawaiian fish, and a Kaua'i steak to die for!
    On the wedding day everything was set up for us, beautifully. Service was beyond expectations. Will recommend them to all of our friends

• Mari

Mari · Married on 05/03/2013

This review for Peter and his team is long overdue! Although we were married in May of last year, 2013, we have to say that Memoir's exceptional service, attention to detail, and amazing food are still talked about on a consistent basis every time our friends and family talk about our wedding last May.

Memoirs was a bright shining light for us when we were looking for caterers. We had tasted from a few others but they failed in comparison to just our taste test with Peter and his team. From the moment we started tasting his food we felt extremely excited that what Memoirs offers was exactly what we were looking for.

Memoirs went above and beyond as the date was closer, helping to accommodate our dessert, which we had ordered from somewhere else, making recommendations for beverage vendors (and even making the recommendation to pick up more beer when he thought we might need more at the last minute!). And, on top of all of this they swooped in at the last minute when we were having problems with getting all the rentals we needed and took care of everything.

On the night of our wedding when we were busy with wedding activities, Memoirs' staff made sure to take care of us and even made us a care package to take back to the hotel because we didn't end up getting to eat as much as we had hoped we could that night.

My husband and I would recommend with no reservations Memoirs for your wedding. Food is always one of those elements that people remember from weddings and we guarantee that your guests will continue to talk about the food for months and months after your wedding the way our guests still are! Thank you Memoirs!!

April · Married on 01/21/2013

The Experience
    I just cannot say enough about Chef Peter and his team. From the day we landed in Hawaii to meet with him for our tasting to the final day of the wedding, he has been an absolute pleasure to work with. During our tasting, we ended up changing our serving style and menu quite a bit from our original plan, and this was only 5 days before the wedding. His genuine desire to please us and work with us to make us happy was more than any bride could ask for. We were awed by his absolute passion for food- from paddling out into the ocean to gather his own salt, to letting us taste the greens he'd picked at a farm earlier that day to even cautioning us about certain dishes once he understood our tastes. I have a tremendous love of food as well, which had led me down a disappointed path of possible caterers for our wedding. Once we found Memoirs, I knew our search was over. During the tasting, my "grilled cheese sandwich" type of husband was so impressed by the food, it took all he had not to lick the plates.

Out of all of our vendors, Memoirs was by far, the most enjoyable to work with because of the perfect mixture of professionalism and familiarity. I don’t know any other vendor who would sit with us for 3 hours brainstorming with us to ensure he was aligned with our goals so that we would be 100% happy with the menu, service, style, and even our signature cocktails.

The Food
    We went from initially wanting an Action Station/Buffet to a fully plated 6 course meal with 2 passed apps. Our guests could not compliment the food more, and my Pastry Chef Father in law was so impressed that he wanted to make a formal speech during the wedding to acknowledge and thank Chef Peter in front of our guests (which sadly we ended up not having time for during the chaos).
    Thank you Chef Peter and Memoirs! You have helped make our wedding day unforgettable.

Kristin · Married on 11/24/2012

We only had to do one tasting and we KNEW we would be going with Memoirs for our wedding. They were EXTREMELY professional and the food was out of this world. Everyone at the wedding said they loved the food and appetizers. Everything tasted awesome, and some of our guests have already said they will be booking through Memoirs for their next event. The service staff was exceptional and definitely made our day perfection. I only wish my wedding dress wasn't so tight so I could have eaten a LOT more.

richard · Married on 06/23/2012

We had our wedding back in June 2012 at loulu palm estate and used Memoirs for our catering. I can not say enough about how perfect everything was with them! Usually you go to a wedding and the food is less than memorable, well not with them! This was the most incredible food we have ever had at a wedding and all the guests agreed. They were very flexible with us and professional! Go with Memoirs if you have a wedding on oahu! You will not be disapppointed!

• Elena

Elena · Married on 08/20/2010

Wow!!! Peter and his company "Memoirs" - just the best! I did few food tastings, but Peter had exactly what I was looking for: class, taste, and so much more. I wanted 5-star "French style" dining experience: jumbo shrimp, scallops, fois gras, filet mignon, sea bass, rack of lamb... I wanted top-quality organic products prepared in small portions, beautifully arranged and tasting delicious. I got exactly what I wanted.

Coming from Russia, our weddings are packed generally with so much food, which is impossible to eat. My idea was not quantity, but rather quality. Everyone at my wedding were just silent tasting each dish and complementing chef each time.

My wedding was in a private beach-front house, so Peter accommodated that cooking right on premises. His cooking staff and waiting personnel was top-notch as well. I also had "live Sushi station" from his company - loved it as well!

If you are looking for an ultimate 5-star dining experience - look no further! Food is such an important part of a wedding! Many thanks Peter!!!

Marie · Married on 09/22/2017

Since we did a destination wedding, we had to just trust our planner and hope for the best. She recommended Memoirs because they were a company that could do it all for us, including the bar. We picked blindly from their suggested menu, and couldn’t have been happier! Everyone absolutely loved it! We were so busy that we didn’t really eat as much as we wanted to, and they were great and made us to-go plates! The next night, we took it to the beach and ate every last bite. Even cold, a day later, it was delicious!
    Thank you Memoirs for feeding us so well, and for doing such a great job not letting our guests get too thirsty! Bar service was excellent!!!

Memoirs 10

We could not have asked for a more beautiful or delicious meal for our Jan. 2 2014 wedding. Chef Peter and his team created a menu many of our guests called "not just the best wedding meal, the best meal" they'd ever had. Chef Peter created a menu that reflected our personal taste and even made perogies for my groom who loves them. The menu is upscale but not stuffy at all. The presentation was amazing the day of and the serving staff, fun and professional. Highlights were the handmade perogies but most guests LOVED the fresh fish action station cooked right there as they waited.

Aside from a perfect day of, the entire process of working with Memoirs was great. Drew in the office and Gabriella the catering manager answered all my dozens of emails and helped make sure all the rentals we needed we in place. Having an office manager and catering manager made the process seamless and totally stress free. The tasting was fantastic and made us so comfortable with out food choices and allowed us to get the perfect menu for us. The prices are higher than some other caterers, but the quality is exceptional. If you are planning a wedding in Hawaii, absolutely use Memoirs. You guests will thank you.

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/25/2018

First and foremost, Memoirs catering was downright amazing! We were set on having a brunch time wedding reception with buffet and stations, one of which breakfast tacos were a must. With our minds and taste palate set Memoirs collaborated with us to design a perfect menu for our wedding. From the passed hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail reception to the pan cake station, taco station and breakfast buffet during the main event, all of the offerings were absolutely delicious. We did tastings with other vendors who were tasty and presented beautifully, but Memoirs best suited our vision. The numerous compliments and questions from our guests asking who the caterers were furthers solidifies that we made the right choice and their services were well worth it. Not only were guests praising the food, but we were told by many guests that the Memoirs service staff were outstanding. Friendly, efficient, and all done with class. Long after our event officially ended, several wait staff were still on hand bussing tables and providing water to friends and family who tend to keep on partying. Like clockwork they worked seamlessly with our rental vendor (Accel) from coordination to break down. Rosanna managed the on site operations with absolute perfection, including remedying a significant kitchen equipment issue that enabled the food preparation to continue without missing a beat. Though we purchased over twice the recommended amount of prosecco for the day, Memoirs bar staff noticed the dwindling supply early in our event and made a logistical run to ensure an adequate supply was on hand for the duration of the event. Bravo to their team for another transparent save the day act. Give them a go, you won't regret it. Service, quality and quantity too.

Lucy · Married on 10/22/2016

We had Memoirs cater our wedding of 130 guests at Kualoa Ranch. I had done tastings at 2 other places and wasn't completely sold, so my wedding planner brought me in to meet with Chef Peter and try some of their options. The tasting was a great experience, I was shown around the kitchen and met with many of the staff. Then we sat down to a beautifully set table and I was served some amazing appetisers and entrees which were all presented as they would be at the wedding. All the food was delicious and I was given the opportunity to make notes and discuss options with the chef right then and there. So many of my guests have told me it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten and we barely had anything left over, because everyone ate it all up! We opted for family style which I'm really glad we did. The service on the night was phenomenal and everything was packed up and cleaned up without me even noticing any of their staff running around! The ladies loved the cute bartender and the drinks were perfectly made, not too weak, not too strong! Thanks for everything, Lucy & Charlie 10.22.16

Odds are that you will never have a better meal than one created by Chef Foster. His staff is top notch. The wait staff is a standout amongst all staffs on Oahu. Treat your guests to a true treat that they will never forget.