Memoire Events Reviews

13 | Burbank, CA

13 Reviews for Memoire Events

• I

Isabel · Married on 08/01/2015

Our wedding could not have been made possible without Christine! Having a wedding in California on a lower than normal budget was looking impossible until Christine came into the picture and made miracles happen!!! She is such a warm and loving person who truly cares about her clients and really gives all of herself to make the big day a success. As a budget bride, I did not think that hiring a wedding coordinator was even in the cards for us. It was only out of curiosity that I contacted Christine to get more information and I never regretted that decision. She took our vision, personality, and budget into consideration and somehow made what we thought were impossible dreams into a reality. My husband and I are extremely grateful for all the hard work and love that Christine put into our wedding and making it such a huge success. We will forever be appreciative for all of Christine's hard work and the friendship that has come from our experience.

Sent on 03/06/2016
  • User3572004 · 2+ years ago

Christine is absolutely amazing. She was so kind and helpful throughout my whole planning process and on the day of the wedding. My wedding was breathtaking and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/02/2014

We were so blessed to have found Christine and Memoire Events. We were in a bind with our lighting and other rental needs for my clients' wedding, and Christine stepped in and up at the last minute. Thanks to her beautiful lighting design, my clients had the magical and romantic wedding they had hoped for. She was so pleasant to work with, and was so flexible within our budget. Thanks so much, Christine for everything!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Heather · Married on 08/25/2012

You made our wedding day like a fairy-tail come true. Thank you for being so amazing and making my dreams a reality.

Sent on 10/03/2012

John · event on 05/23/2012

We have used Memoire Events for two company functions. Christine stays on top of every detail and makes the process as stress free as possible. She has creative ideas and also charges a fair price for her services. We would HIGHLY recommend Memoire Events!

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 04/28/2012

She is fantastic! I had a bridal party of 30 people and my wedding 425 guest. She was able to deal with every situation and was such a blessing to have the day of the wedding.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Memoire Events's reply:

Thank you Aimee!! You and Dantonio were such a pleasure to work with. Your wedding was awesome, thank you for letting me be a part of it.
    Christine

Lola · Married on 04/14/2012

April 21, 2012

I first met Christine LaLonde from Memoire Events at a Long Beach bridal show this past November in 2011. She hugged me from the outset, and made me feel welcome. It was my fiancé (at the time) and my first bridal show. We knew nothing about weddings, and were a bit overwhelmed. Christine was the first stall we came upon, and she immediately embraced us with her energy and enthusiasm. We both took to her right away. I, for one, was excited by her creativity and how she always seemed to understand my vision of how I wanted my wedding to be. She was also always on hand with ideas. I loved how well we clicked, and how we were able to bounce ideas off each other. She taught me a lot about weddings and wedding protocol. I would have been lost without her guidance. Christine is a consummate professional, who always puts the client first. She also is a very caring individual, and I always felt I mattered to her as a person, not just as a client. All of the vendors she put me in touch with were wonderful. She also always helped me to find the best deals, and to stay under budget. I only hired Christine as a planner for the actual day of my wedding, but she actually helped me so much more than she had to. I found that she went above and beyond that of just my wedding planner for the day. I am so appreciative of all the things she did for me. She even picked up my flowers from the flower district in LA because my fiancé and I both had to work! I just cannot express in words truly how much we loved having Christine LaLonde as our wedding planner. We were just married on April 14, 2012, and it was beautiful! Everything was put together exactly the way I wanted it, and even some details I told her were fine if she couldn’t get to-she did anyway! I was floored! My husband and I both adore her, and look forward to using her services in the future. Hire her for any event. You won’t regret it!

Sincerely,

Lola Cenimo-Gomez

Sent on 05/02/2012

Natalie · Married on 01/28/2012

Christine was amazing - completely stayed within our budget and gave us a gorgeous day! Love her!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Susan · Married on 11/13/2010

The event was a rehearsal dinner. Christine was always available via phone prior to the event for consultation, including one night I was going to leave a message and she responded after 10pm. She interfaced with the venue and the ex's so I did not have to, always with a very professional attitude. She is now my "go to" event planner for every event large or small.

Sent on 11/28/2010

Jessica · Married on 04/10/2010

Christine @ Memoire Events took all the stress associated with planning a wedding, away. We were on a budget, and she worked with me so that my daughter had 'the' wedding of a lifetime. Christine brought along years of experience as well as a great relationship with multiple vendors so that we stayed on budget. Thanks Christine for a beautiful, romantic and very special wedding for my daughter.

Sent on 01/03/2011
  • Y

Yamari · Married on 10/10/2009

Christine provided day of wedding planning for my wedding. She truly went above and beyond!
    We got a lot more than what I expected. She never made me feel as though she was trying to "sell me" on her vision. She helped me achieve my vision, filled in the blanks, and made great suggested that made my wedding fantastic. We met several times, including our final hotel meeting and ran the rehearsal.
    Her suggestions, advise and resources gave me confidence, took pressure off me, and gave me piece of mind! She made the day of my wedding stress free! No one bothered me with any issues or problems!! I just enjoyed myself and our special moment!!!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Christine swooped in to take care of us after we hired her to do our lighting. Everyone loved the bistro lights and lanterns, but what we loved was Christine organizing everything behind the scenes. We didn't think we wanted a day of coordinator, but we both looked at each other after the ceremony and said to one another, "were so glad we have Christine!" Great person! Great lights!

Sent on 11/07/2012
  • User2420604 · 2+ years ago

I hired Christine as my day of wedding coordinator. She brought my wedding decorations to the venue and did a great job with the set up. She also has a huge inventory of decorations that you can borrow from her. She provided the fabric for our bridal arch. The best thing about Christine is her contacts with vendors that will save you lots of money. She knows hair, makeup and linen people that charge about half the price of the quotes I got from other companies. Christine recommended a makeup artist that went above and beyond. Christine made an itinerary for us, contacted our venue and made diagrams of the furniture set up. Christine is super nice, but can seem a little disorganized sometimes. For example, canceling a meeting 2 hrs in advance, being over an hour late to our wedding, forgetting to bring her laptop charger to our meeting and having her computer die, setting up a meeting with a dj who was already booked on our wedding day (although she says he didn’t tell her that) and losing her purse which contained a check that I wrote her, which caused me to have to stop payment, which costs $30. She also should’ve confirmed that we signed the marriage license on our wedding day, which we forgot to do. She recommended a horrible tailor (James Poole) who made my bridesmaid dresses and altered my dress. He was 1-3 hrs late for our meetings, or didn’t show up because he fell asleep, and the week of the wedding he canceled 3 meetings, stopped responding to my calls/texts and gave me the unfinished dresses 4 days before the wedding. Of course, this is not Christine’s fault and she helped me resolve the situation. Christine recommended a hair stylist (Nick Flores) who did my hair trial and then canceled the day before my wedding, sending someone else in his place. It was like I had the hair trial for no reason. Of course, this is not Christine’s fault. In the end, our wedding went smoothly, in large part due to Christine. I’m very appreciative of her services.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Memoire Events's reply:

I appreciate the decent review here, yes I did make her wedding extremely beautiful, got her amazing deals on vendors, I gave and gave to this client, and didn't charge them for all the extras I did for them. That was nice she pointed that out... other vendors are not any coordinators responsibility, I have no idea who this hair stylist is, was not my vendor nor did I recommend him, I think she is confused as to where she got him/. The DJ she is referring to booked their date that afternoon before our meeting and he didn't realize it was the same date as theirs and no he didn't tell me until our meeting. So what, things happen, we got them another DJ that was great. I will say... I've never been late for a wedding in the 14 years I have been an event planner. How in the world she thinks I was an hour late for a wedding that I arrived at the venue by noon to set up and the ceremony wasn't until 4pm is beyond me. Didn't loose my purse, it was stolen, I guess because I'm an event planner I can't be human and have my purse stolen, yeah I asked for that one. My daughter was hit by a car... so yes, I canceled a meeting 2 hours before. My, it seems like as an event planner you have to be perfect, which she says I was for her wedding but being human is out. By the way, I did recommend a designer to alter her dress and make bridesmaids dresses... I got the dresses for her when he didn't deliver them, but they were finished, they wore them and they looked great. He messed up big time and I no longer recommend him, but note this was not my fault and I did resolve the situation for her.
    Oh, and they forgot to sign the marriage license... their friend was the officiant, he forgot to have them sign it, it is the job of the officiant to make sure the license is signed. I was making sure the reception was set up and doing my job.
    I never respond to these things, a simi good/bad review... no big deal, but this one calls for a response for sure.