Marriott Melville Long Island Reviews

Rating 4.2 out of 5, 6 Reviews
View more information

4.2

• User1119491 2+ years ago
    Did my room block here great service great value guests loved the bar no issues
  • User5905414 2+ years ago
    Yay to Ilene Millman and staff. When we met with Ilene over a year ago and said we needed a place for our wedding party and guests to stay, she told us we would be very happy with her hotel. That was an understatement. Through the many e-mails and phone calls during the months leading up to the wedding, we were given instant feedback and help. Ilene has a great staff who, weekly updated me on who had reserved rooms. Ilene gave me one of the best recommendations - Book a conference room for the Bride and Bridesmaids to have makeup and hair done, before we left for the Venue. That was genius. We had such a fun day. Ten women getting makeup and hair together could be "hairy" but in this room we laughed, ate, and just had an amazing relaxing day.

The guests rooms were cleaned and the staff was extremely attentive. We asked them to give out party bags when each guest arrived and they could not have been nicer about this added requirement. We had brunch the next day in the Atrium for 100 and, it was great. Again, Ilene helped with that plan as well.

If you are having your Wedding on Long Island, make sure to check out the Melville Marriott
    Melissa Married on 08/01/2011
    We used the Melville Marriott for our hotel room block for our wedding. We had a lot of out of town guests coming to our wedding that needed to book hotel rooms and the Melville Marriott was very easy to work with. Our guests were able to book easily online and over the phone. They updated us frequently through email, sending us detailed lists of what guests had booked rooms. Although it is a huge hotel and they were hosting guests from many weddings that weekend, I felt as if it was only my wedding while I was there. The rooms were very nice and they were very helpful bringing us my chairs and mirrors into the bridal suite while we were getting ready. We also got our room for free since so many of our guests stayed there. They had a bar for my friends and I to hang out at after the rehearsal dinner and to party at after the wedding. We also hosted a brunch the morning after the wedding in their ballroom.
    Reda Married on 06/20/2010
    Fabulous, Amazing & Wonderful. My experience as a bride was magical. The staff took my dream and made it into a reality. My concerns were completely eliminated. Our guests still talk about how exquisite EVERYTHING was. They worked with the caterers, Djs to make the night flawless. My family and I did the centerpieces and the Marriott made absolutely sure that we had everything we needed including a freezer to keep the flowers cool, a room to work in and staff to help us take the centerpieces to the ballroom. They even made sure we had refreshments while we were working. The Best part was that I wasn't even there most of the time. I was not stressed but enjoyed every minute of my wedding, which is exactly what I wanted.
  • User5905416 2+ years ago
    They were amazing in doing exactly what I needed for my day. They accommodated each and every whim. Thank you very much for everything!
  • User1432940 2+ years ago
    Absolutely the worst sales department, highly unprofessional, uncourteous. Choosing a venue for wedding events is stressful as is, but the staff here just makes me curious. After leaving 5 voicemail messages over course of 1.5 weeks, i still got no response. Yet we went to talk to them in person, without an appt, hoping we could also get a blocked rate for hotel rooms, and they took down our info. one week later, still no response finally called them to yell at them for their unrelenting unprofessionalism. And guess what they do, they had no idea which manager was in charge of us. Finally they got us in touch with someone, and they don't have an option out-house catering. ARE U KIDDING?? You couldn't have told me that basic piece of info earlier--it took them three weeks!

so in short save yourself the trouble! Plus their block room rates are redic!