22 Reviews for Melissa's Simply Sweet, LLC

Setup (1)
Cake Stands (1)
18 Melissa's Simply Sweet, LLC Reviews

Melissa,

We wanted to extend our gratitude and appreciation for making our wedding day even more special with our sweet treats! The cake was beautifully decorated, you are so talented! The cupcakes for our guests were a great hit, too! We are so glad we choose you to make our day even more special!

Best,
Jessica and Justin

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

Melissa was great from beginning to end. I needed a wedding cake within a weeks time and she accommodated all my needs. The cake that she made for our wedding with honey lavender and that was the best cake I've ever tasted in my entire life. I had several people come up to me and said it was the best cake they had ever tasted! She is highly recommended! She also increased my cake size when I asked her to as well as came early to build a support for the cake topper I had thought. She was amazing!

Profile Picture Melisa, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her professionalism was top notch. My wife and I were searching for a baker who could guarantee a peanut-free cake for our wedding and we were recommended by a family member to reach out to Melissa. Come to find out, she is a fellow peanut-allergy Mama which made me feel more than confident in her ability to guarantee my son could safely eat this cake! Her at-home state of the art bakers kitchen was not only gorgeous but fully functioning and smelled of delicious aromas as soon as we walked in! The tasting immediately proved we would look no further and we ended up booking her for a 5-tier wedding cake with four different flavors...the lemon blueberry is absolutely to-die-for!!!! Guests are still talking about the cake ;)

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

While in the process of finding a wedding cake baker, I was open-minded and flexible and, yet, I was surprised by the lack of professionalism at some bakeries and was feeling disenchanted with this part of the planning process…that is, until we met Melissa!

From the beginning, she was the most responsive baker via email. (We hired Richmond vendors though we live in Arlington, so this was very important to me.) At our in-person meeting, which was quick and easy to set up, we were immediately impressed with her beautiful work space and her very obvious superior level of knowledge and professionalism. We tasted her delicious samples and talked for a bit and, for the first time, a vendor got just as excited as we were about our vision for the day! Her creative juices were flowing through that first conversation and, although she was open to our ideas and any changes even up to a few weeks before The Big Day, her initial ideas and sketched design ended up being perfect! We got many compliments on both the design and taste of our gorgeous cake.

I’m very grateful we found her and would highly recommend Melissa to any couple! She was very easy to work with - a great communicator, flexible and happy to answer questions, conveniently allowed me to sign everything electronically and make payments via Square, and, of course, the cake was magnificent in appearance and taste! Don’t hesitate – Hire Melissa!

Profile Picture Jessi, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa is absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to work with. She took all of my requests and made the wedding cake so awesome. All of the guests complimented on it. She also made a custom groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner which had a bunch of hand painted sports logo's and it was completely perfect! The cake is delicious!

Profile Picture Lorianne, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Melissa's Simply Sweet for our wedding cake (and cupcakes) and couldn't have been happier with our experience. The consultation, service, and final product all exceeded our expectations. Melissa worked with us to create a vision that fit the aesthetic of our wedding and that was within our budget as well -- and she delivered on a Sunday, which is not as common as you would think! If we had it to do all over again, we would use Melissa's Simply Sweet again in a heartbeat. This is a baker who knows her stuff and delivers seriously delicious confections.

Profile Picture Nikki, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa brought in cupcakes for the staff at my school a few years ago, and sometimes I still dream about those cupcakes. So when I was tasked with putting together the cookie table at my brother's wedding last fall (huge tradition in Pittsburgh weddings), I knew Melissa was the person I had to contact. I got a variety of cookies and bars, all of which were fantastic and the guests at the wedding really enjoyed them. Now I dream about her cupcakes AND her lemon bars. Also her chocolate chip cookies. Also her brownies. Okay, well you get the point! Melissa's service was delicious, timely, and professional, and I look forward to calling her up again next time I'm in need of a great variety of treats!

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa was a pleasure to work with for my son and daughter in law's October 2016 wedding. We were in a time crunch and Melissa was professional, attentive and provided solutions to accommodate their wedding. She made a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake that bride, groom and guests enjoyed.
Luisa Rosen
Richmond, VA

Profile Picture Luisa, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa was very helpful in a time of need.

When you are planning a wedding, you get an idea in your head and you just HAVE to have it. Well this happened to me - I found a cake on Pinterest and just NEEDED it as my Groom's cake! A surprise for my fiance to really make him smile. It was a Yeti cooler filled with Bass!!! Perfect. Well, this cake was about to not make it to my rehearsal dinner until Melissa at Melissa's Simply Sweet came in to save the day!

With terribly short notice, I called Melissa to see if she could accommodate the request. I appreciated how honest she was in her reply. It turned out, to get the cake that I had seen on Pinterest was going to be out of budget. Shocker. However, she was quick to give suggestions to adjust the cake a bit in order to fit my budget. I had contacted other cake shops in Richmond who had not offered this service, just ended the conversations. This made me realize that Melissa really was personally interested in making my day special. And it was much appreciated!!

The cake turned out beautifully. My husband was in shock when he saw it. It caught his attention right away and he walked over to the table and pointed with a childlike smile, "is this for me?" It was awesome. All of his groomsmen were applauding how real the Bass looked and how perfect the cooler was!! Even the event staff at the country club were gawking over it. I got the simple chocolate cake, for a simple crowd, with the vanilla buttercream icing. Yum :) Definite win for me, with lots of cool points added. All thanks to Melissa not giving up and taking my challenge!!

I would highly recommend Melissa to all, and do it often! I am friends with her shop on facebook and see all of her new creative ideas that I plan to recreate for myself on my next occasion!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I found out about Melissa through my sister. My niece has a nut free alert to nuts. Beacause
We had are wedding in the fall on sept 24,2017. We picked out sunflowers with buttercream frosting choc chip cake and French vanilla. Highly would recommend her.

Profile Picture Kathry, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Best place to get a cake ever! We LOVED Melissa from the moment we met her at our tasting. She was willing to make our budget, and our vision for our wedding a reality. The cakes were delicious, (we did a small cake for my husband and I, and mini cupcakes for the guests) and beautiful! She had such great advice about what to choose to compliment our meals and portion sizes. Everyone raved about the cupcakes, and 6 months later, my husband and I still talk about them! My only regret was not ordering more to stick in our freezer so we could enjoy them for more than just our wedding day!

Profile Picture User6018506, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes

Wow!!! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful cake to celebrate our special day! The cake was the easiest part of our event, Melissa was wonderful from the first phone call all the way up until our special day. She was so understanding of my crazy anxiousness and never batted an eye! The best part is that the cake tasted as amazing as it looked. I can't tell you how many inquiries and compliments I have received. Thank you Melissa's simply sweet for making our day even more beautiful!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I contacted Melissa from Melissa's Simply Sweet to make a vow renewal cake for me. The selection of flavors was the first thing that wowed me! I went with a chocolate cake with raspberry filling which was divine!
I thought it couldn't get any better, but the decorating of the cake was even more impressive. Melissa is a true artist and her cakes are "big city" impressive!
I can't wait to have another occasion to use Melissa's Simply Sweet!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was amazing. I explained what I wanted and she nailed it. So pretty I didn't want to cut it. We had a tasting and had 4 flavors and had a hard time choosing as they were all fabulous. I let the groom pick the flavor.
All our guests love it and asked what bakery we ordered from. What a great compliment!

Profile Picture User4816487, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake! She completely understood my vision and then some. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious! Melissa's Simply Sweet is the best it gets!!!! Thanks Melissa!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was amazing! It looked like a work of art and tasted amazing-- moist and delicious. Melissa was fantastic to work with. She put me at ease and was just as excited about my event as I was. It was an all around great experience.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Melissa was professional and wonderful to work with. She helped me come up with a unique, beautiful design for my wedding cake. Melissa's Simply Sweet provides an excellent product in taste and appearance.

Profile Picture User4813816, 2+ years ago, 1 Review