Melissa Sue Photography Reviews

46 | Denver, CO

46 Reviews for Melissa Sue Photography

46 Melissa Sue Photography Reviews

Christine · Married on 10/06/2018

Melissa is seriously the sweetest ever! She made the experience so fun and got our photos back to us within the same week, not to mention they were absolutely to die for. I highly recommend her you will not be disappointed.

Kaylee · Married on 08/18/2018

Melissa is absolutely amazing! We are in love with our engagement and wedding photos! We will absolutely 100% do more sessions with her in the future!

Daniel · Married on 07/28/2018

Melissa did such a great job with our pictures! We needed to drive about 2 hours to get from the wedding venue to the reception so we were a little crunched for time, but Melissa was really efficient and didn't waste any time and took great pictures.

Lucy · Married on 03/31/2018

Melissa is absolutely phenomenal! We organized our wedding in a very short amount of time and under difficult circumstances, but she was more than happy to work with us. She is very professional, talented, and kind. Her photos captured so many precious moments that my whole family will cherish for the rest of our lives. AND she loved working with our dogs as well, taking the time to capture some fantastic images of them as well as details and guests. On top of all that, she had a complete photo gallery ready for us only two weeks after the event. She is a wonderful photographer and I absolutely recommend her for your special occasions.

Molly · Married on 02/26/2018

Melissa is not only an amazing photographer, she is an amazing person! We found out about Melissa through friends who had their pictures taken by her. We saw that she did an amazing job and our friends were clearly happy customers so we gave her a call. We first enjoyed our engagement session with her in Down Town Fort Collins. It was obvious that she did her homework. She had great ideas of where to take pictures and she was really easy to work with. My husband and I are by no means models, so having her there to direct us with posing was super helpful. Also, being in a public setting can be nerve racking, but Melissa helped us get over that and made the shoot casual and fun. The results were amazing, and now we have great engagement photos to look back on! We were planning a destination wedding, and photos were the top of our stress list. We were lucky enough to win a Destination Wedding Giveaway that Melissa was putting on (Pricing reflects this). We were so excited because we didn't have to stress out about our pictures, which are truly one of the only things you get to help you remember your big day. We left for Mexico knowing we were in good hands! We were able to talk with her ahead of time to go over who was going to be involved in our pictures, what kind of pictures we wanted, and a timeline. She showed up a couple days before to scout out areas in the resort that would be ideal for pictures. She took pictures of every detail, the rings, the flowers, the dress, getting ready, first look, wedding party, ceremony, family, cocktail hour, and reception...everything we wanted. We have gotten so many compliments on our pictures and we are feel very lucky to have had her to capture our big day. Seriously having a hard time deciding what to put around our house. Choose Melissa for your wedding whether it be at home or destination! You won't regret it! She is so pleasant, fun, easy to work with, and delivers beautiful, top of the line photos.

Melissa Sue Photography 1
    Melissa Sue Photography 6
    Melissa Sue Photography 7
    Melissa Sue Photography 8

Carli · Married on 10/07/2017

Melissa is THE BEST! Our photos are amazing. Engagement photos were stunning! Even with unpredictable Colorado weather, Melissa found a way to work with the wind and get the perfect shot. Having our engagement session helped my shy husband get to know her and feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
    Melissa does more than just take pictures on the wedding day. She helped us keep our schedule and followed the timeline to make sure our day went as smooth as possible!
    Melissa really loves what she does and cares for her couples as if they’re family, we can’t wait for her to continue to capture the special moments in our life! XOXO!!

Katie · Married on 08/11/2017

Melissa and I went to high school together and I’ve always loved her photography style so when I got engaged I knew there wouldn’t be anyone else to do our photography. What I didn’t know was how far above and beyond Melissa would go to make sure everything was perfect; how much she would pay attention to every detail to make sure it was just right! Melissa made sure she understood what we envisioned and she did an incredible job capturing exactly that!

Heather · Married on 07/22/2017

Melissa Sue was a treasure to work with. She captured everything I dreamed of and more from my wedding day. Her perfect balance of organized and easygoing brought peace to my wedding planning and wedding day. I highly recommend her!

Melissa Sue Photography 9
    Melissa Sue Photography 10
    Melissa Sue Photography 11
    Melissa Sue Photography 12
    Melissa Sue Photography 13

Meghan · Married on 07/15/2017

Melissa did an amazing job at capturing our special day. She was incredibly easy to work with from beginning to end. From scheduling meetings to the last minute pictures we wanted the day of the wedding, she was incredibly flexible and easy going. We highly suggest meeting with Melissa and booking her for any upcoming photo needs you may have - she's worth every penny!

Melissa Sue Photography 14
    Melissa Sue Photography 15
    Melissa Sue Photography 16
    Melissa Sue Photography 17

Megan · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not have asked for a more wonderful wedding photographer! Melissa was punctual, helpful, cheerful, and went above-and-beyond to make our day amazing. She helped me find multiple other vendors based on her knowledge of the area. She even found the spot for our first look photos based on the location of the hotel and the venue so we wouldn’t have to worry about it. She was efficient and fun, and kept my bridal party laughing the whole night with her wit and inventive poses. She even bustled my dress after the ceremony!

Ashley · Married on 04/15/2017

Melissa was absolutely amazing to work with! She talked with me and my fiancé beforehand to get an idea of what we wanted and she did better than we could have ever hope! The pictures are fantastic and she is so sweet with posing you and really gets a feel for who you are to make the pictures more natural!

• Keilah and Luke

Keilah · Married on 12/30/2016

Wow!! I have seen many wedding photos, my parents, my friends, and others, but none I think are as good as my wedding photos. It's not that my wedding dress, or site, or family was better or more beautiful than anyone else's. However, Melissa captured the most beautiful moments that I wouldn't have even know happened without her skilled hands to capture it. Melissa is quick and efficient and fun to work with! I recommend her over anyone else you are considering!

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2016

Melissa is absolutely AMAZING!! She did my brother's wedding and after seeing her pictures I knew I had to book her for mine! I was a little worried at first because my wedding is not in Colorado where she is based, but she was completely flexible and willing to travel for my wedding. She is also the nicest person you will ever meet! I would recommend her to anyone!

Mallory · Married on 09/22/2016

Melissa's IMMENSE talent is apparent to anyone browsing her web galleries. She is uniquely capable of capturing the subtleties of special moments and elevating beautiful images in to MAGICAL ones! What's more, Melissa GENUINELY cares about, not just satisfying clients, but DELIGHTING them. She is a radiant personality whose organized, stress-less approach to photography elicited the BEST possible results from my husband and I (as well as our wedding parties and guests). Melissa's skill, experience, professionalism, and charisma make her an IDEAL photographer, but also a welcome wedding guest. WE LOVE MELISSA and cannot recommend Melissa Sue Photography more highly!

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/16/2016

Wow!! Melissa is so amazing, she did the most incredible job capturing every detail and part of our wedding! I am in love with every photo, she was fun, professional and always had great ideas! We are so blessed to have had her as our photographer!

Danelle · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I are obsessed with Melissa's work! She is so creative and we loved our pictures!

Beth · Married on 07/02/2016

Planning a wedding is A LOT of work. Many vendors will stress you out with delays and lack of communication, but Melissa WON'T be one of them. She was extremely patient, flexible, and fun to work with! We've only seen a sneak peek of our pictures, but we love them already!

Take a look at the wedding pictures she posts on her Facebook page and blog. Everything is consistently gorgeous and the poses are NEVER forced. Melissa Sue was recommended to us by a friend who'd used her services for her own wedding, but it wasn't until I saw her portfolio that I new she would be the one to capture the casual, outdoor feel we were going for.

Kassidee · Married on 06/11/2016

My best advice to any couple interested in Melissa Sue Photography capturing their wedding day, is to visit her website and take a look at some of her work! If you like what you see, but still have some hesitation send Melissa an email, and set up a time to meet with her. The minute you walk in to meet with her, and see her smile, and get to know her personality, you will want to book her immediately for your wedding day! Her work shines, just as bright as she does! My husband and I loved working with Melissa Sue Photography!!

Melissa and I have known each other for years! We went to school together and have always been friends (probably since day one!) That fact alone isn't why I chose Melissa to photograph my engagement and wedding, though. I wanted Melissa to photograph those life changing events because I know her as the same person she was all those years ago. She is INCREDIBLY dedicated to everything she does. Whether it be her work, her hobbies or her photography. Melissa is an artist who takes your events seriously and treats them with as much love and respect as if they were her own. Not only does she care for your special day, but she includes you in so much of the process. She really enjoys learning about what it is you're looking for, what's special to you and your spouse and is willing to do whatever it takes to make your pictures everything you imagined.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Melissa. <3

Chad · Married on 05/29/2016

Melissa did our wedding in Loveland, CO. Everything was amazing! She was so organized, it was almost like having a second wedding coordinator there with us. The photos were incredible, the coaching she gave was smooth, fun, and friendly, and the shots she captured were brilliant. She was flexible with timing issues during the reception, and her smile was a welcome addition to the whole party. We loved the whole experience! -Molly and Chad Tabary, married May 2016.

• User6820817 · 2+ years ago

We can't say enough about how AMAZING Melissa was for our wedding. Easy to get along with and be comfortable with, SO flexible (we must have emailed back and forth about 10 different spots for our First Look photos before we finally settled on one that was JUST right), SO artistic with her shots, she handled our ginormous extended family for family photos without breaking a sweat (I'm talking easily 100 people here), and generous with her time (she isn't the photographer who, right at the 4 hours that you paid for, declares that she's done. She puts her whole self into her work and obviously enjoys herself while doing it.) Neither of our families are super rich, and she worked with budget to give us everything that we needed and hoped for. If we had more money to budget with, we would've booked her for the whole day! OH, and she was fantastic in getting our pictures back to us. Much faster than anticipated- we've been married for 3 weeks, and spent the past week staring at all of our photos trying to decide which one to put on our wall!

THANKS MELISSA!!
    <3 the McEntires

Lauren · Married on 12/19/2015

We absolutely loved her!
    We tried out three different engagement photographers and none of them gave us as many wonderful pictures as Melissa! We had so much fun! She made our perfect day even more magical!

Kaci · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot recommend Melissa enough. Not only did our wedding and engagement pictures turn out fantastic (obviously pretty important when selecting a photographer) but Melissa herself is so nice to work with. I could seriously write so many good things-she helped my mom bustle my dress, she dealt with our families well during group shots, and when the person to help with our dog flaked for our engagement session she ended up holding the leash while taking pictures. Plus, her turnaround time is insanely fast. We waited less than a month for 800+ pictures. Great pictures, great energy, all around great!

Christopher · Married on 08/22/2015

Melissa was our wedding photographer, and we couldn't have asked for more on our special day! From the first meeting to the final delivery of photos, Melissa was helpful, easy to talk with, willing to work with any questions we had, and had a cheerful, positive attitude through it all! She was quick and efficient at getting all the family shots without being pushy. She was creative and fun to work with, always leaving the focus on us and not herself. Melissa was always there to capture the special moments and didn't make herself "obvious" while doing so. In addition, her past knowledge of weddings was crucial in helping us with our own wedding timeline. We received so many amazing photos, and she didn't miss anything! The turnaround was quick and the process for receiving the photos was uncomplicated with lots of freedom to use the photos as we wish. My wife and I highly recommend Melissa for outstanding photos and amazing value. We recommend her more for her kindness, genuine attitude, and passion for her craft. Thanks, Melissa!