Melissa Lynn Images Reviews

11 | Essex Junction, VT

11 Reviews for Melissa Lynn Images

• Rosanne

Rosanne · Married on 03/21/2020

Our gorgeous wedding photos!

Choosing a wedding photographer is a daunting task. As a couple, you are placing your absolute trust in a complete stranger to capture one of the most important days of your lives. There is no rehearsal, no do-overs, and really very little opportunity for you to positively know that the person you are contracting is going to understand the complexities of your day. Let us both say that if you are in search of a photographer that wants to truly put you first, then Melissa Lynn Images should be your only choice.
    Our story starts somewhere in September 2019 when we began the task of contacting photographers for our late March 2020 wedding. We had also just made an offer on a home and were anticipating an early October closing. At that time, the closing became the priority and choosing a photographer took a back seat. We asked those who we reached out to for some time to handle things with our home. Once everything was settled, we would contact them to discuss the details for our late March ceremony. While it was not our intention to put a halt on our conversations with photographers, we learned that those who did not respect our wishes then, would not prioritize us on our day.
    Melissa was not only respectful of our request, but she understood our needs at that time. She indicated that she also had a similar situation arise when purchasing her home and was genuinely excited for us to have a new place to begin our married life. This was exactly the type of person we knew would do everything they could to ensure that we were the priority on our wedding day. Melissa took the time to remain in contact with us throughout the entire process. She scheduled calls with us to better understand our dynamic at times that were convenient for us. She was thoughtful and considerate of our needs and provided thorough answers to all of our questions. Melissa sent documents as she said she would and followed through as a true professional while exhibiting a sense of candor and pleasantry at all times.
    Our ceremony was small and only included the two of us, six guests, and four dogs. Needless to say, there was a lot of personality to capture. While we did not require Melissa’s services for the entire day, we were able to work with her on a window of time that made sense for everyone involved. Her ability to manage the challenges of the four dogs and the eight of us while documenting our day in a way that reflected who we are in the time she did is remarkable. Not only did she get all the “important” moments, she was able to seamlessly add photos to our album that reflected her style and skills as a professional. Additionally, we were able to send announcements out to friends and family as Melissa provided a collection of shots that she felt would suit our needs almost immediately.
    Melissa’s photographs are exceptional and will be admired by us for the rest of our lives. We are excited to share her work with friends and family and recommend her services to anyone that is considering a photographer in the area she covers. Melissa is kind, considerate, easy to work with, understanding, and quick witted. She made the process simple, captured any and everything that we could ask for, listened to our needs, and most importantly made the day about us. Do not hesitate to work with Melissa Lynn Images, she provides a service and value that is beyond measure.

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Gabriela

Gabriela · Married on 08/24/2019

The Best Decision We Made Aside From Marrying Each other!

Melissa took the most gorgeous photos I have ever seen in my life. I do not count myself as a photogenic person, and I was nervous that even with all of the makeup, hair, wedding dress, and glow from happiness that I would have that I still wouldn’t love looking at pictures of myself at our wedding. I was completely floored when Melissa sent us our wedding album and she totally exceeded my expectations of capturing the day. I don’t even have social media, but I’ve considered getting an account now just to share these beautiful photos with the world! With all of the planning, thought, time, and money that go into your wedding day, in the end what you’re (hopefully) left with is beautiful memories and photos to help you remember that day. Other than the venue, I would say that the photographer was the most important selection we made because that’s how we would be reminded of this wonderful time in our lives. Wedding photos are something that you share with family, friends, future children, and anyone who asks to see them! I had heard so many horror stories from people about how their photos didn’t come out well and now they had nothing to show anyone. Not only is Melissa a kind and sweet person, but also, she is an artist with her camera and gave us the best gift that anyone could have given us for the wedding. She listened to every direction that I had given her before the wedding, and she also dealt with all of the last-minute craziness that came with the day (families deciding they want last minute group photos, timings being shifted around, me breaking my shoes!). Her and our DJ even were so kind and bustled my dress for me when those who were originally supposed to do that were nowhere to be found. She brings with her a calming energy that is essential to have on a day where everyone else is buzzing around and nerves are high. She blended in completely and never once did I feel like she was in our face or anyone else’s. My mother was a photography teacher for 10 years, and she was so stunned by Melissa’s beautiful work and how every picture came out. I truly love every single one of the pictures that we got back, and she enhanced the natural beauty of everything without making anything look retouched or fake. I could never thank Melissa enough for giving us this wonderful gift of amazing wedding photos!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/10/2019

Melissa is amazing!

We had so much fun working with Melissa and her second shooter Rob on our wedding day! Not only is the quality of their work top notch, they also made us feel completely at ease and had so many great ideas. I knew we had made the right decision to book Melissa the first time we spoke on the phone. She suggested that if we were planning to do a first look, she recommended doing it two hours before the start of the ceremony. This gave us the opportunity to attend cocktail hour and mingle with our guests before the reception. By the time dinner was served, we had already had the chance to talk to all of our guests which allowed us to spend the whole evening partying on the dance floor! We just got all of our pictures back this past weekend and have been looking at them over and over ever since. We are completely obsessed with them - Melissa captured our wedding day so beautifully! We couldn’t be happier that we chose Melissa to capture our big day!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • AllisonFellows

Allison · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful photographer!

Melissa photographed my mother’s wedding four years ago. She did such an excellent job that it was a no brained that my husband and I wanted her for our wedding! Melissa promptly responded to our messages and she did a beautiful job with our engagement photos!
    On our wedding day, Melissa arrived on time and ready to shoot. Melissa brought a 2nd shooter who was equally as amazing!

We have seen a sneak peek and are already pleased with what we see. We cannot wait to see the final product!

My husband and I have already determined that Melissa will be our photographer for any future photo needs☺️

Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Megen

Megen Perkins · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic all around photographer, professional and person

First, as a person Melissa is awesome. She's friendly, approachable, and easy going. As a photographer she blended well into the guests and during the photo sessions she was flexible but managed to get all the shots we wanted. Her value is outstanding, doing a lot more than we expected for the money. When she needed to, she has a commanding presence (especially with the larger group) but did so in a friendly way. She was creative in the poses and framing of some of our favorite pictures. The contracting and payment process was a breeze! All done electronically. You truly can't go wrong with this photographer.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Melissa Lynn Images's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Megen! You two were so great to work with and I had a such a great day capturing your wedding!

Anna · Married on 06/30/2018

Fantastic!

We feel so incredibly lucky to have found Melissa to photograph our wedding! Not only are her photos stunning but Melissa was a pleasure to work with. She was so sweet, friendly and knowledgeable. I cannot wait to contact her for future photos!!

It was 97 degrees on our wedding day and she kept our guests/wedding party organized to get great shots and she truly helped us capture our best day.

As part of the package we chose she created a beautiful album and I was in awe of how beautiful it came out (my grandfather cried when we showed him!!)

For me, the photos were probably one of the most important pieces of our day because this is what we have to remember our wedding day by. I so incredibly happy with our photos and I am so excited to have these forever.

Check out her website and contract Melissa, you too will be amazed over your wedding photos.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Mary Jane · Married on 07/15/2017

I am so thankful Melissa was our wedding photographer. She was extremely professional yet very pleasant and easy to work with. Melissa first showed us her flexibility and beautiful work when she did our engagement photo shoot in 10 degree, snowy weather on the Burlington waterfront in the dead of winter - the only weekend my finace and I were able to come to Vermont.

On the wedding day, Melissa and Alanna were indispensable - not just for taking pictures, but also by helping us sort out some of the little details that popped up the day of the wedding (i.e., helping my maid of honor button and bustle my dress). They are clearly veterans.

The pictures, which we received very promptly, are gorgeous. She took all the pictures we asked for and many more. Melissa was able to do so without being at all intrusive throughout the day/evening. My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa - she was wonderful!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Casey · Married on 05/13/2017

Melissa is amazing! She puts in the time to make sure she gets all the photos the couple requests and she stayed at the wedding for a long time to get quality candid shots at the reception. Melissa met with us a number of times and made this process so easy! I would not hesitate to recommend her to my closest friends and family. She made me and my bridal party feel so comfortable the entire day, we had fun!

Sent on 05/30/2017

danielle · Married on 03/25/2017

Melissa photographed our March 2017 wedding and we couldn’t have been happier! Melissa was wonderful and made us both feel very comfortable. She was upbeat and friendly the entire night. The pictures we got back were wonderful and really captured the fun and spirit of our wedding. Melissa and her assistant were there the all night taking pictures of everything, but it never felt invasive. Most of time they took pictures without you realizing they were doing so, which made for some great candid shots of the wedding and our guests. We had a first look and our formal pictures out in the snow and they came our beautiful. Melissa was not afraid to get right in the snow with us, and at one point was sitting in it to make sure she got the shot. I would highly recommend Melissa, she was a pleasure to have with us on our wedding day.

Sent on 04/27/2017
  • Matthew

Matthew · Married on 06/28/2014

Melissa is amazing. She is not only talented and gifted photographer but she is very professional and the service she provides is great. She was always responsive to my questions and even went very far out of her way to squeeze my (then) fiancee and I into her busy schedule for our engagement shoot.

The fact that she shoots with an assistant is something definitely not to be under-appreciated. The shots are amazing and our friends and family love them. They are gorgeous. At the time of writing this, I have not yet ordered physical prints, but I am confident that they will equal the fantastic service we have already received.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/26/2014

Melissa was our photographer for our wedding and engagement shoot. She was a joy to work with, put my camera shy husband as ease, knew what photos we needed better than we did, dared to take photos inside the bouncy house and she even hit a deer on the way to our wedding and still showed up on time!!

Sent on 07/28/2014