Melissa Coe Ceremonies Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Kellie L. Married on 10/09/2021

Melissa is amazing!

Melissa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Since our first conversation, it felt like she understood our vision for our ceremony & understood us as a couple. She was open to our thoughts and feedback throughout the entire process and was just lovely to work with. Family & friends have told us on multiple occasions that it was one of the best ceremonies they had experienced. Melissa's professionalism & personality gave us complete confidence that she would make our ceremony beyond perfect. Thank you, Melissa!
    Andy Married on 10/02/2021

October Wedding

The work Melissa put in was far above what I would ever expect! Thank you Melissa for helping make our wedding so special!!!!
  • Elisabeth
    Elisabeth A. Married on 10/02/2021

Personalized and Perfect Ceremony

Melissa was so wonderful to work with! She created the perfect ceremony for us which told the story of our relationship so beautifully and helped us to craft the ceremony around our personalized vows without the other seeing them before the big day! The ceremony was so magical; everyone loved it and loved Melissa! I couldn't have imagined a better wedding.
  • Nicole
    Nicole L. Married on 09/25/2021

Officiant Extraordinaire

Melissa was such a rock star! She helped us every step of the way, from writing our vows to helping us navigate a toddler meltdown during the ceremony. She understood our vision from day 1 and ensured that our ceremony lived up to that. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else standing with us on our special day.
  • Paul
    Paul V. Married on 09/18/2021

Very skilled, very accommodating. A real professional!

It's said a lot in Melissa's reviews, but it's true: she's amazing! Melissa sat with us and we talked about what kind of ceremony we wanted. We wanted to write parts of the vows and she helped us find the right format and was always available to answer questions. Once she had the final ceremony written, she let us read and edit and read edit some more until we were completely satisfied. On the day of, we were impressed and delighted by Melissa's organization, her professionalism, her skill and her charisma. In the end, we were completely delighted with our ceremony and we couldn't have asked for a better celebrant. Its almost a shame we won't need to get married again, so we can't hire Melissa again!
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 09/11/2021

Melissa is Amazing!!

Melissa is extremely organized, timely, and very responsive. We were able to read and practice our ceremony before the wedding. All our guests commented on how wonderful she was. Our day of coordinator said she was the most organized officiant she has ever worked with. She prepared a beautiful ceremony and I couldn’t be happier with our choice to go with Melissa.
    Christi H. Married on 09/05/2021

Best celebrant ever!

Melissa was so organized and helped us every step of the way. Took off a lot of stress for the ceremony. Got so many compliments about our ceremony and how Melissa did such an amazing job. I guess it’s pretty rare to find a great celebrant like we did! It was so personal and everyone felt that Melissa did an amazing job capturing our journey as a couple. We will never forget our wedding day and Melissa was apart of making it that much more special to us! I will absolutely recommend Melissa to anyone in the future. She definitely did NOT disappoint. Five starts out of five for sure!
  • O
    Olivia R. Married on 09/04/2021

Melissa is truly the best!

We hired Melissa kind of last minute in our wedding planning, and we literally could not have asked for a better officiant. She took lots of time and put lots of care into crafting a beautiful ceremony for us, and was even able to help us secure a wedding license when the state of Oregon at the last minute changed the rules on how to obtain one! Our ceremony was beautiful, and we had so many people say it was the best ceremony they had ever seen. If I could give Melissa more than 5 stars I would. highly, highly, highly recommend!!!!
    Natalia O. Married on 08/08/2021

An Amazing Human

Look no further! Melissa is a wonderful, warm person with a welcoming energy. She supported us through our pandemic postponement, and other major life events while planning our ceremony and did so with confidence and clear communication.
    She is incredibly organized and thorough! She offered so many ideas to us and in the end, did all of the work in giving us an amazing ceremony. All of our friends and family commented on how lovely she was during our day.
    Melissa, thank you so much for being apart of our wedding day. We are so thankful.
    Warm wishes always,
    Natalia and Joe
    Stelina S. Married on 08/06/2021

Truly Unique

Melissa took a serious amount of time and dedication into getting to know me and my now husband to help us create a truly special and unique ceremony and our vows. I would highly recommend her.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Oh, Stelina! You and Deric were so much fun and I loved finally getting you both married on the beach, with the wind blowing like crazy! It was perfect weather for a perfect couple, congratulations again with my thanks for the honor of being your Celebrant!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 08/01/2021

Wonderful!!

We loved the ceremony Melissa performed for us! It was personalized, thoughtful and a tear jerker! She was a joy to work with - we felt taken care of by her and knew our ceremony was in good hands with her!
    Amanda T. Married on 07/09/2021

Expectations beyond met with Melissa

Melissa Coe is THE best officiant there is. She really set the tone for the whole wedding. Such a wonderful ceremony. Everyone there commented on how it was the best ceremony they had every heard.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Amanda and David - the two of you were the MOST entertaining, engaging, and delightful couple and I'm so happy that I got to tell everyone your love story! The Best Ever!!! Thank you so much for choosing me, it was so much fun!!!
    Christine L. Married on 06/12/2021

Beautiful ceremony

We loved working with Melissa! She was responsive and had a consultation with us prior to working together. She got to know us and wrote a ceremony unique to us and our love story.
    We wanted to write our own vows and Melissa and very helpful. Everyone loved our ceremony and we couldn’t have done it without Melissa!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

This was such a fun ceremony to do with super fun people - Christine and Dillon! They knew exactly what they wanted and were a total delight to work with. Wishing them much joy in the days and years to come!
  • Calvin
    Calvin B. Married on 05/29/2021

Melissa was great to work with!

Melissa conducted the ceremony for me and my wife's wedding at The Foundry at Lake Oswego Pointe. She was very nice throughout the preparation leading up to the wedding and provided several options for a customized experience. We really appreciated her help with this process. The ceremony was beautiful and she used her experience to add in flourishes with the readings. We would recommend Melissa for any couple planning their wedding.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Calvin - you and Nybelle were amazing to work with, and very fun as well! Thank you for asking me to officiate your ceremony - it was my honor and joy to do so!
    Sia K. Married on 01/05/2021

Absolutely wonderful!

My fiance and I had planned to have a family member officiate our wedding, and when the family member had to step out at the last minute due to medical reasons, were were left trying to find an officiant at the last minute. We selected Melissa, based on reviews we found on wedding wire, and she turned out to be the perfect choice. She was absolutely wonderful! From our very first meeting, via zoom, she was professional and organized. She asked all the right questions to learn all about or story and presented it in a beautiful way that all of our guests loved. We had so many people comment on what a wonderful job she did. She was worth every penny and helped us to create a personal, memorable, and meaningful wedding ceremony that we will never forget.

Ahhhhh Sia and Brian,
    I thought it was MY perfect day when we found each other! I loved that you wanted your ceremony to reflect both of you and your faiths, your families and gathering into your ceremony and in short, you made it your own. PERFECT. Please stay in touch, I really want to know the next chapters in your story!
    Jen D. Married on 10/10/2020

Love Won!!

My wife and I were so happy and lucky to have Melissa as our celebrant. She met and exceeded every expectation for our ceremony. The readings and vow structure fit us perfectly and allowed our true selves to shine through. She embraced our individuality and did not attempt to restructure things in a "traditional" manner; which we appreciated more than I can state. If you are looking for a special ceremony that celebrates you as individuals and the unique way you love each other, Melissa is your gal! Also, her style is perfect for absolutely ANY service, black and pearls always wins out!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Oh my gosh, Jen and Sobe! When we first met, I fell in love with your story immediately and couldn't wait for your wedding day! From your families and friends, to the unique way you dreamt of your wedding ceremony and vows, it was my total delight to marry you to each other. Love won that day and will forever.
  • Roabh
    Rob Married on 08/08/2020

Awesome with a Personal Touch

Melissa was fantastic to work with. She has an approach that is personal and makes her services unique and thoughtful to our family, personalities and special day. We received so much wonderful feedback about how our vows, readings and the ceremony were so well done and personal. Melissa made our day extra special.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Oh, Rob, I LOVED marrying you and Peter!!!
    I believe that you married, in spite of the pandemic and as proof that LOVE won! You were surrounded by the joyful witness of your friends and family who were in total agreement that on August 9, 202, you married the love of your life. A sincere thank you for allowing me into your life, trusting me with your story, introducing me to your circle and above all else, the honor of pronouncing you, "Married for Life!" I loved every second.
  • Corinne
    Corinne H. Married on 07/19/2020

A Celebration of Our Love Story

Melissa did an AMAZING job with our wedding ceremony. We went into it thinking we just wanted something quick and simple, but her passion and excitement for making the ceremony all about the love story convinced us to embrace it. She was so communicative and responsive, and when we met with her for the first time she was incredibly organized, prepared, and professional. It made us feel so confident and comfortable having her conduct our ceremony. She helped us personalize our ceremony to fit us perfectly, and it made that moment so much more special and memorable. We've had several guests tell us it was the best wedding ceremony they'd ever seen, and that our vows were so unique and special! We're so grateful to Melissa for helping make our special day that much more special. We highly recommend her!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Corinne and Brandon, You do me much honor and may I return the compliment! You were both so embracing of marrying - in spite of the pandemic - while focused on keeping me and your guests safe and protected. What was obvious to everyone, is that you both have a history and dedication to loving each other, regardless of what life presents. And you committed your love to each other, beautifully and lovingly. It was my total delight to marry the two of you!!!
  • Shirley
    Shirley W. Married on 01/19/2020

Warm lovely experience, couldn't have been better!

Having Melissa to officiate our ceremony was the best thing that happened to us! I cannot describe how perfect it was to find such a lovely lady who accommodate to all of our needs in such short notice. Melissa reached out when I messaged, and the moment I heard her voice and her words, I instantly know that she'll take good care of us. We were desperately in need to have a small ceremony within a week in order to get my immigration process going.
    Moving to a new country and city, it definitely wasn't easy to find things we needed and were completely clueless! We are so blessed to have her and her lovely sweet family with us for a small exclusive ceremony, it felt like she was part of the family.
    I am so thankful to her and her family that have helped us and been part of our celebration :)

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Shirley, you and Erik are delightful and I immediately knew how much in love the two of you were so, it was my joy to marry you!
    Thank YOU so much for trusting me to make your ceremony both lovely and loving. Much happiness to you both and thank you for calling me - marrying lovers is my MOST favorite thing to do!!!
    Natalie F. Married on 09/21/2019

Best ceremony ever!

melissa was an absolute dream to work with and made our vision for our wedding absolutely come to life. i would highly recommend melissa to anyone and everyone. our friends and family have not stopped commenting on how much they enjoyed our ceremony. if you are hoping that everyone leaves your wedding feeling like they were apart of the greatest love story EVER look no further. we truly cannot say enough good things about her!!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Natalie and Tj - you were such a JOY to marry and I loved how synchronistic everything was from my Kuaian friend (& Tj's uncle Onio) helping us with the ceremony to Tj's auntie Ronnie making your leis. The story of how you met, then remet and fell in love was an inspiration to everyone who ever wondered if they would would meet their true love someday. Truly, the two of you are meant to be together forever and I LOVED marrying you, thank you!!!
  • I
    Ian A. Married on 09/07/2019

Helpful, creative and personal :)

We loved that Melissa helped us personalize our wedding. We didn’t have an exact outline for our vows beforehand and she helped to tell our story into that narrative.
  • Andrew
    Andrew H. Married on 08/18/2019

Most amazing, wonderful, and fantastic woman for the job!

Melissa loves her job, and she loves love. By far and without a doubt, this allows her to work with you to craft one of the most unforgettable ceremonies that you could ever imagine. She is perfect for this role, and she does it perfectly. I absolutely loved working with her, and felt like she truly listened to everything that my wife and I said and wrote to her. It was a joy to meet her in person on the three separate occasions that we did, and she was always kind and patient with us through the entire process. No doubt exists in my mind that Melissa made our wedding the joyous occasion that it was!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Oh yes! I love what I do but especially for people like you, Andrew and Andrea! What fun it was to celebrate the two of you with your guests and your Ring Bearer, your Most Excellent Canine, Eiger (who was a prince on such a hot day!). Thank you so much for your lovely sentiments and for trusting me with your story - I loved telling everyone how you fell in love. One of the best days ever!

Jacob N. Married on 08/03/2019

Melissa Crafted Our Perfect Ceremony

Melissa was amazing as our celebrant. We loved loved LOVED the ceremony that she crafted. It really conveyed our story to our guests, and included just the right amount of passion, seriousness, and humour. She was also great in helping us decide what we wanted. Originally we thought of doing a completely non-traditional ceremony, but she helped convince us to include some traditional elements in a way that matched us a couple, and I’m so happy that she did. Finally, Melissa is just such a joy to work with, and every step of the way you could tell she was just as passionate about the ceremony as we were.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

THANK you Jacob for your lovely review! You and Lili were such a wonderful couple to work with, I LOVED your attention to detail, editing and desire to be creative which made your ceremony truly reflect the two of you! It was my pleasure and honor to be your officiant and Celebrant because truly, marrying lovers like the two of you is my MOST favorite to do!!!
  • Randal
    Randal G. Married on 08/02/2019

Friendly, fun. The absolute best!

Melissa officiated our wedding Aug 2019! Her story telling style is what captured us. Our ceremony reflected who we are as a couple allowing all of our guests to get to know our story a bit better! The communication from start to finish was impeccable and she kept us on track with writing our vows / creating the flow of the ceremony. Melissa helped ease a big part of the wedding process!

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Randal and David, you are the best! It was such a huge honor and pleasure celebrating the two of you at your wedding, thank YOU for the delight! And, I will never forget your vow exchange, how you personalized them and shared your hearts with each other in front of your guests - I was in tears right along with you, as was everyone else. LOTS of tissues used!!!
    Sanda E. Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful in every way.

Melissa is the very best. She is well educated in many different cultures and traditions. We thoroughly enjoyed her spirit and organization.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Sanda and Cooper - the two of you were such a hoot to work with, sooooo much fun and yet, you were very present in the moment while obviously, having the time of your life! This is what every wedding should be like (IIMHO): fun, memorable, personal, touching and exactly mirroring who you are as a couple. Many thanks for the honor of being your Celebrant and Officiant and kudos to your brother, Sanda for the beautiful ketubah he gifted you with from Israel. It was a gorgeous!