Melissa Coe Ceremonies Reviews

111 | Lake Oswego, OR

111 Reviews for Melissa Coe Ceremonies

• Shirley

Shirley Wang · Married on 01/19/2020

Warm lovely experience, couldn't have been better!

Having Melissa to officiate our ceremony was the best thing that happened to us! I cannot describe how perfect it was to find such a lovely lady who accommodate to all of our needs in such short notice. Melissa reached out when I messaged, and the moment I heard her voice and her words, I instantly know that she'll take good care of us. We were desperately in need to have a small ceremony within a week in order to get my immigration process going.
    Moving to a new country and city, it definitely wasn't easy to find things we needed and were completely clueless! We are so blessed to have her and her lovely sweet family with us for a small exclusive ceremony, it felt like she was part of the family.
    I am so thankful to her and her family that have helped us and been part of our celebration :)

Sent on 02/14/2020

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Shirley, you and Erik are delightful and I immediately knew how much in love the two of you were so, it was my joy to marry you!
    Thank YOU so much for trusting me to make your ceremony both lovely and loving. Much happiness to you both and thank you for calling me - marrying lovers is my MOST favorite thing to do!!!

Natalie Ferland · Married on 09/21/2019

Best ceremony ever!

melissa was an absolute dream to work with and made our vision for our wedding absolutely come to life. i would highly recommend melissa to anyone and everyone. our friends and family have not stopped commenting on how much they enjoyed our ceremony. if you are hoping that everyone leaves your wedding feeling like they were apart of the greatest love story EVER look no further. we truly cannot say enough good things about her!!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Natalie and Tj - you were such a JOY to marry and I loved how synchronistic everything was from my Kuaian friend (& Tj's uncle Onio) helping us with the ceremony to Tj's auntie Ronnie making your leis. The story of how you met, then remet and fell in love was an inspiration to everyone who ever wondered if they would would meet their true love someday. Truly, the two of you are meant to be together forever and I LOVED marrying you, thank you!!!
  • I

Ian and Amanda Olson · Married on 09/07/2019

Helpful, creative and personal :)

We loved that Melissa helped us personalize our wedding. We didn’t have an exact outline for our vows beforehand and she helped to tell our story into that narrative.

• Andrew

Andrew Hertel · Married on 08/18/2019

Most amazing, wonderful, and fantastic woman for the job!

Melissa loves her job, and she loves love. By far and without a doubt, this allows her to work with you to craft one of the most unforgettable ceremonies that you could ever imagine. She is perfect for this role, and she does it perfectly. I absolutely loved working with her, and felt like she truly listened to everything that my wife and I said and wrote to her. It was a joy to meet her in person on the three separate occasions that we did, and she was always kind and patient with us through the entire process. No doubt exists in my mind that Melissa made our wedding the joyous occasion that it was!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Oh yes! I love what I do but especially for people like you, Andrew and Andrea! What fun it was to celebrate the two of you with your guests and your Ring Bearer, your Most Excellent Canine, Eiger (who was a prince on such a hot day!). Thank you so much for your lovely sentiments and for trusting me with your story - I loved telling everyone how you fell in love. One of the best days ever!

Jacob Nigro · Married on 08/03/2019

Melissa Crafted Our Perfect Ceremony

Melissa was amazing as our celebrant. We loved loved LOVED the ceremony that she crafted. It really conveyed our story to our guests, and included just the right amount of passion, seriousness, and humour. She was also great in helping us decide what we wanted. Originally we thought of doing a completely non-traditional ceremony, but she helped convince us to include some traditional elements in a way that matched us a couple, and I’m so happy that she did. Finally, Melissa is just such a joy to work with, and every step of the way you could tell she was just as passionate about the ceremony as we were.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

THANK you Jacob for your lovely review! You and Lili were such a wonderful couple to work with, I LOVED your attention to detail, editing and desire to be creative which made your ceremony truly reflect the two of you! It was my pleasure and honor to be your officiant and Celebrant because truly, marrying lovers like the two of you is my MOST favorite to do!!!
  • Randal

Randal Glynn · Married on 08/02/2019

Friendly, fun. The absolute best!

Melissa officiated our wedding Aug 2019! Her story telling style is what captured us. Our ceremony reflected who we are as a couple allowing all of our guests to get to know our story a bit better! The communication from start to finish was impeccable and she kept us on track with writing our vows / creating the flow of the ceremony. Melissa helped ease a big part of the wedding process!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Randal and David, you are the best! It was such a huge honor and pleasure celebrating the two of you at your wedding, thank YOU for the delight! And, I will never forget your vow exchange, how you personalized them and shared your hearts with each other in front of your guests - I was in tears right along with you, as was everyone else. LOTS of tissues used!!!

Sanda Erin Stein · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful in every way.

Melissa is the very best. She is well educated in many different cultures and traditions. We thoroughly enjoyed her spirit and organization.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Sanda and Cooper - the two of you were such a hoot to work with, sooooo much fun and yet, you were very present in the moment while obviously, having the time of your life! This is what every wedding should be like (IIMHO): fun, memorable, personal, touching and exactly mirroring who you are as a couple. Many thanks for the honor of being your Celebrant and Officiant and kudos to your brother, Sanda for the beautiful ketubah he gifted you with from Israel. It was a gorgeous!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2019

A ceremony that told our story

We had so many comments on our ceremony from guests! People felt like they really got to know our story as a couple and felt our connection through the custom ceremony that Melissa helped us create. We were able to retain our sense of humor throughout, and customize just about every aspect of how we officially tied the knot. Grateful for Melissa's guidance, but also her creation of freedom in putting together our ceremony. Writing our vows together, modeled after a few examples in the large list she sent over, was one of our favorite experiences. So happy we were able to work with Melissa, and that we will have a copy of our story that she helped put together, forever.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

It's always a special honor when another wedding professional asks me to celebrate their marriage with them and their guests. Stephanie had worked several of my other weddings and knew exactly what kind of ceremony she wanted: unique, personal and unforgetable! And so, Stephanie and Kyle were married while everyone learned the story of how they met (online), their first date (at Bullwinkle's Fun Center) and of his love of all animals, notably sloths. THANK you for the joy of marrying the two of you, I loved every minute!!!

Shelley B · Married on 06/08/2019

Small winery wedding

Melissa was fun and easy to work with! We wanted an intimate informal setting and she really did a great job tailoring our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted! She added personal touches and incorporated our blended family with 6 kids into the ceremony. The whole experience was fantastic!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

I loved meeting Shelley and Jeff and was very excited to write their wonderful love story! Together, they are both funny and endearing, romantic and irreverent, and totally open to celebrating their journey with their families. I especially remember how touching it was to witness their six kids + one offer them seven blessings on their marriage, at sunset, at a gorgeous winery! Priceless in every way!!!

Jordan Menashe · Married on 05/03/2019

Special!

Melissa is loving, personal and genuinely THE BEST! She was a blessing to work with!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Jackie and Jordan celebrated their day with great style in Napa, CA and I was delighted to celebrate with them! From the gorgeous blue skies at the winery to the abundance of white flowers everywhere and their guests toasting them at sunset, their wedding day was gorgeous, memorable and over the top! I LOVED celebrating this beautiful couple and wish them every blessing in return!
  • Morgan

Morgan Nowicki · Married on 03/21/2019

A deeply personal experience

Melissa has a beautiful way to bring your story to life. From the moment you meet her, she gets personal - in the best way! We met her over Skype because we live in Australia, and it felt like we've known her for years. She's very funny, easy going and has an incredible ability to draw out the key moments of your love story - to create something truly special. We received so many bits of feedback from our guests after the wedding telling us it was the BEST ceremony they've EVER attended. Throughout, we were all laughing, crying and laughing some more. She is a true professional, detail oriented and worked with us in our unique circumstance to ensure our day was truly unforgettable. She's the best. I wouldn't look any further!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Morgan and Dru - where do I begin? Every meeting I had with you was a perfect delight and your mom, Morgan, was a bonus! I LOVED marrying the two of you and wish you lived closer! From telling everyone your story and of the journey your love took (from LV, NV to Australia and back) to having your guests promise to love and support you in your "marriage and life together and…to always be on call for wine, whisky and a dance party in the living room." You two are perfect. Absolutely perfect together.
  • David

David Mccormack · Married on 02/08/2019

Thoughtful, reflective and fun!

Melissa Coe was everything we hoped for in an officiant and more! She worked with us to create the exact ceremony that we wanted. Her responsiveness was excellent during the entire wedding planning process. Her thoughtful mindset coupled with her lively personality and sense of humor created a fun and reflective environment during our ceremony. We would definitely recommend her.

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

It was wonderful to work with a couple who wanted their ceremony to reflect the mutual tenderness, love and devotion they have for each other. And, it's a lovely honor to work with and know a couple who are definitely in it for the duration of their lives. Their vows, especially, reflected the seriousness with which they regarded their committment with occasional doses of fun thrown in for good measure! Much, much joy to you both!
  • Susanne

Susanne & Erin · Married on 12/08/2018

A perfect fit

We’re not sure how we lucked out finding Melissa Coe, but we’re so thankful we did. From first contact to final hugs, Melissa was all about us and what we envisioned for our special day. Melissa shared her unique ability to glean the details of our life story from conversation, to feel our lifetime connection, and to work her magic in making a beautiful memory. We eloped. Our ceremony was very small, our union 38 years in the making, and the love in the air was fragrant. Her enthusiasm and genuine warmth made us feel like we’d known her for many years. Melissa joined us that day as an officiant but will remain in our hearts like family. She was the perfect fit for our perfect day!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Susanne and Erin - what an honor it was to hold space for you and to witness your love and excitement that finally, THIRTY-EIGHT years later, you were marrying your love, best friend and soul companion. I LOVED hearing and sharing your story and equally felt that we were indeed a perfect fit for a perfect day! Your wedding and the words you said to each other will forever be etched in my heart and mind. Thank you for the pure delight and joy of marrying you!

Kate · Married on 11/17/2018

Exceeded every expectation and then some!

Melissa Coe made our ceremony more memorable than the open bar and chicken saltimbocca. Not only was it customized for us, it also blended our families in a way that was forever memorable to them. She made our guests laugh, cry and be forever connected to us and our story.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Kate and Aimee - what a compliment it is to be flown in from out of state to officiate a wedding but what a JOY it was to marry the two of you! I loved, LOVED your story, the humor and wit you both share, the depth of your commitment and devotion to each other and to your boys and the genuine giddiness shared by everyone that you were getting MARRIED and THEY got to be there! Your families and friends were a delight and so are you. Much gratitude for the honor of marrying you "to the love of your life...of a thousand lifetimes. The one you would marry, over and over and over." I loved every snowy second in St. Louis with you!

Steven Yakubovich · Married on 11/10/2018

Very special and most memorable wedding

Mellisa Coe is absolutely great, she made our wedding so personal, we have had countless compliments on how fun and original our ceremony was. I Highly and will forever recommend Melissa.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Steven and Mark, you are two people who have an amazing love story and you've never looked back! It was my honor, delight and absolute JOY to celebrate your love and marriage - truly, love like yours is a once in a lifetime moment and I'm so happy that I was your officiant, the one who celebrated the two of you - a perfect match! THANK YOU.
  • brittany

brittany · Married on 11/04/2018

Melissa is awesome!

Melissa is just fantastic. As a wedding vendor myself, I had very high standards for the vendors we chose for our own wedding. I looked at a lot of officiants because we really wanted a unique ceremony and I just kept coming back to Melissa. I appreciated her responsiveness and when we actually met with her we both new that she was "the one". Working with her leading up to the wedding was great and on the day of, she did not disappoint. I was very nervous before the ceremony and she went out of her way to help distract me and keep me calm. Her ceremony was beautiful and the love story that she wrote for us was sweet, with just the right amount of humor. She really is a lovely human being and I just can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Brittany and Josh's love for each other was palpable and authentic, it was pure joy to work on their ceremony, celebrating their love and commitment. After doing hundreds of weddings over ten years, full time, I think I can tell the ones who will go the distance, married forever and YOU TWO will do just that! THANK you for the honor of being your Officiant and Celebrant - I loved everything about it!

• Cody

Cody Grassham · Married on 10/26/2018

Took our ceremony from great to MAGICAL

Every compliment from our guests began with how amazing our celebrant was. Melissa delivers a heartfelt personalized celebration of love and commitment that left everyone in tears and laughter. She is with you from day one to the day of “I Do” with the most calming presence one needs in the stressful times leading up to a wedding. She far exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t be more thankful she was part of our special day!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Cody and David - YOU were such a joy to work with, every person present was blown away on your wedding day because truly, LOVE WON!!! The story (and synchronicity) of how you met to how you show your love and devotion to each other every day in every way is the stuff of which romance novels are made! THANK YOU for the delight of making sure you were married for life!!!

caitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Unique Ceremony that everyone loved!

Melissa was recommended to us by our day of coordinator and we’re so glad that she was officiant for the big day. We knew when we met her that she would do a great job. She’s so friendly, thoughtful, and charismatic. She created a wonderful ceremony that was very custom to us as a couple and helped us craft vows which were very memorable and fun! She’s a great speaker and pulled the ceremony off flawlessly!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Caitlin and Kevin - YOU were a delight to work with and I loved how wonderfully and seamlessly you worked together to make your day the best day ever! You were calm, ready, centered and focused on loving each other and your guests - a perfect storm of hearts gathered together! It was a gorgeous day, filled with people who were THRILLED to see you marry! (I'd also like to say a special thank you for ALL of your patience and help with pronouncing your family names - hope I didn't mess them up!?)
  • AMANDA

AMANDA L BRATCHER · Married on 09/29/2018

A personalized ceremony that suited us to a T

We loved our ceremony! It was so personalized and reflected us as a couple perfectly. Best day ever!!!

Pattie · Married on 09/15/2018

Melissa Coe was our officiant and did a fabulous job. She is easy to talk to and asks questions to get a real feel for the kind of ceremony you are wanting. Melissa has the wonderful ability to make suggestions when you aren't sure what to do for the ceremony. It was so relaxing knowing that we did not have to worry about our ceremony, because she had it written out, in order so my partner and I could focus totally on each other. We would highly recommend her for any union ceremony, large, small or in between! Thank you Melissa, you made our evening so memorable and we can't thank you enough. We will look to her for any other type of service needed - whether it is wedding or funeral. Great connection with people and the circumstances!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Pattie and Georg. Your story and love for each other were and are irresistible! Once we sat down for coffee and I heard how you found each other, I absolutely wanted to be the one to tell your story to your gathering and the world! Truly, it was that good and so are the two of you! THANK you for calling me and giving me the pure joy of marrying you - I loved every minute!!!
  • Shannon

Shannon Dubois · Married on 09/15/2018

Creative, Personal & Specialized - Melissa is your best choice!

Melissa customized a ceremony specific to my partner and I including our love story of how we met, how we feel about each other and incorporated it into our custom ceremony plan. She asked my partner and I questions separately about our interpretations of how we met and how we feel about each other. When she read them aloud it was a complete surprise to hear during the ceremony on our wedding day. Over and over our friends and family say that our wedding was the best one they have ever seen & Melissa's creativity was a huge contributing factor. Two of our guests were so impressed that they are using Melissa for their ceremonies. Highly qualified, highly recommended, highly impressive - she is hands down the best choice out there!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Shannon and Dana - what can I say except that your wedding was the most colorful, vivid, loving, unique and over the top one I have had the pleasure of celebrating in years! Your stories were so inspirational about how you found each other, the stuff of legends - a true s(hero's) journey. And at first, I was nervous about telling your story without first having you edit it, but I LOVED watching your faces as you heard it for the first time! It was palpable how thrilled your families and friends were to witness your marriage. THANK you for the honor and delight - I loved every second of celebrating the two of you and love you.

Alyssa Townsend · Married on 09/14/2018

She took the time to get to know our love story!

Melissa made our ceremony so personalized and special! We really appreciated how much time and energy she put into getting know us and our love story to inform the vows and ceremony. She made even the most stoic family members tear up because of her authentic and beautiful storytelling. 10/10 - we recommend Melissa to anyone who wants a one-of-a-kind and personalized ceremony!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Ayssa and Eddie, YOU are such an amazing, kind and FUN couple - it was so easy to work with you and your love story was one of the best!!! I loved meeting your family and friends at your rehearsal, watching them be so excited for you on your wedding day and love how much you two love each other - a perfect match! THANK you for the honor - it was my pure delight!

Stephanie · Married on 09/09/2018

I highly recommend Melissa Coe. She did an amazing job at our wedding. From working in the wedding industry we knew we had to have Melissa. We were lucky she was available. She really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and to tell your story. Everyone at our wedding was blown away by her work. We had a very simple ceremony, but Melissa took it to the next level. She had our guest laughing, crying, and smiling from ear to ear. Our day would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

WOW!!! Thank you so much for your beautiful words, Stephanie - I am both humbled and so appreciative! Truly, it was my total delight to get you and Paul married, beyond honored that you asked me and THRILLED at the synchronicity of events that enabled me to be there. It was a GORGEOUS day in the Columbia River Gorge and I wouldn't have missed marrying the two of you for the world! XO
  • Paul

Paul Rich · Married on 09/09/2018

Guaranteed to Exceed Your Expectations

I happen to be a wedding photographer who has witnessed well over 200 weddings in the last 10 years. I have listened to LOTS of wedding ceremonies and none are more memorable than those officiated by Melissa Coe. After proposing to my now wife, I knew exactly who to contact to officiate our wedding. Melissa's informative emails, helpful suggestions, and professional recommendations made the planning for our wedding ceremony a breeze. She fully customized our wedding ceremony making it incredibly personal and deeply meaningful. We are forever grateful to Melissa for aiding us in creating one of the most cherished highlights from our wedding day. Guests laughed. They cried. And they still talk about how amazing our wedding vows were to this day.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

Soooooo many thanks for your kind words, Paul. I loved celebrating you and Stephanie with all of your family and friends and I especially LOVED knowing that YOU were so so happy and completely smitten, head-over-heels-in-love!!! It is indeed the best of both worlds when I have the joy to marry friends and fellow wedding professionals whom I personally adore and respect! I loved every second and minute, thank you!

Anjuli · Married on 09/07/2018

My partner and I planned on a simple civil service wedding, but unable to schedule a judge just 2 weeks out we frantically started searching online for an officient who might be available. Man did we luck out!!! With just 2 short conversations over the phone and the small amount of information that she had, she somehow created a ceremony that was subtle, moving and had all of us in tears! Melissa is truly devoted to her craft and I believe her when she says that marrying lovers is what she loves most! Also, she must be a mind reader because she included a reading from one of my husbands most favorite authors without having that information. This lady is magical.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Melissa Coe Ceremonies's reply:

It is always magical (and goose-bumpy) when things just fall into place. Anjuli and Nicholas and their family were incredibly warm, open and euphoric that they were all together, celebrating this beautiful couple and their love. Welcome home to Oregon, Anjuli and Nicholas and thank you for the delight of marrying YOU!!!