Melhorn Manor Reviews

39 | Mount Joy, PA

39 Reviews for Melhorn Manor

• Katie

Katie Hartman · Getting married on 04/12/2021

The perfect place for our perfect day!

We could not have been happier with our experience at Melhorn Manor! This was the second wedding venue we toured, and we instantly fell in love. In addition to the amazing venue itself, Allory and Jess were fantastic to work with! From simple texts, calls, and emails, they were quick to get back to us with answers to any questions we may have had...and we certainly had a lot of them! They were so patient in working with us to make sure our day was exactly what we had imagined! We were consistently welcomed back to take another tour or show family members our future reception location, whenever we asked! Although Melhorn Manor is absolutely BEAUTIFUL on its own, the experience of working with Allory and Jess was one that we couldn't find anywhere else. We felt like our needs and wants were truly listened to. They made our reception run seamlessly, and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out! They made our vision of a Christmas wedding absolutely perfect. From the beautiful Christmas decorations, to the many lights both in- and outside the venue, it was exactly what we were looking for. We even lucked out with a 60-degree day, and they quickly got the yard games out for us, as I had requested. Our guests loved spending some time outside during Cocktail Hour, while playing some Cornhole and other games. No matter what season your wedding is, you are bound to have an amazing experience and beautiful scenery at Melhorn Manor. The bridal suite and man cave are sure to please as well! The boys loved having two TVs and plenty of games to occupy their time downstairs. The girls loved the rustic vibe of the bridal suite, and it was the perfect space for getting ready for my special day! Overall, our experience at Melhorn Manor is one that we will continue to tell people about for the rest of our lives. If you are looking for a rustic, classy, and lovely wedding venue, this is the place. We could not have better things to say about it!

Sent on 06/12/2020

Jenna D · Married on 12/27/2019

Fantastic experience

My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding at Melhorn Manor. It surpassed our expectations, and our guests were raving about the venue, food (we used Nanalyn’s), and overall accommodations. Allory and Jess were a dream to work with - always got back to us within 24 hours (usually a lot less), were flexible with times to visit the venue and have our meetings, they were personable and honest. It was easy and fun to work with them. They know what they’re doing and explain things well.

Melhorn Manor is beautiful, inside and out. It is kept in pristine condition. You don’t need a lot of decor at all to make it stand out. We LOVED having our wedding there. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Dylan Garber · Married on 09/22/2019

Fantastic Experience at Melhorn Manor

We got married and had our reception at Melhorn Manor in September and couldn't have been happier with our experience. Jessica and Allory were so easy and fun to work with! They were always happy to answer our questions and make sure we had everything we needed for our day. We were able to have peace of mind in knowing that they were going to do everything they could to make our day go smoothly. I would highly recommend Melhorn Manor for any event.

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Emma

Emma Shellhamer · Married on 09/07/2019

Dream Wedding

Oh my word, we loved getting married at Melhorn Manor. It was a dream. So beautiful that we barely decorated—just added some flowers to the tables!! Seriously, get married here. You get so much for the price you pay (access to the whole grounds, multiple ceremony locations, tables and chairs, arbor, decorative pieces) and Allory & Jess are insanely incredible & helpful. They think of everything & ensure your day runs so smoothly and according to plan. They are so thorough, accessible, & kind. We love Melhorn Manor & you should definitely get married there!!! :)

Sent on 09/23/2019

Lisa Cooper · Married on 08/24/2019

Our Wedding!

My husband and I got married at Melhorn in August of 2019, and I’m still overwhelmed with emotions from that day! It was perfect, and part of that is all because of Jessica and Allory! From the time we first met Jessica and Allory they were amazing! They thought if things I never would have thought of! And after our ceremony, Jessica even used a display we had to make our sweetheart table stick out. I truly cannot put into words how blessed we feel to have been able to work with them and to have had our wedding At Melhorn Manor, which is stunning! Seriously, every inch of the property is gorgeous!! My husband and I talk about just throwing a huge party so we can hold another event at Melhorn!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Melhorn Manor's reply:

We would LOVE to hold another Cooper event at our venue!! :)

Thank you so much for the very thoughtful review! We wish we could go back to your special day and do it all over again!

God bless! We hope to cross paths again soon!

Kayla Ford · Married on 07/13/2019

Couldn’t Be Better

My husband and I cannot recommend Melhorn Manor enough! We both live and work overseas, so the majority of our pre-wedding planning/coordinating with them actually had to happen online. They were extremely helpful, patient, understanding, quick to respond, and willing to go above and beyond to make sure that we had all the necessary information, and all of our questions answered. When we did get back to the USA a month before the wedding and were able to actually go to Melhorn Manor and meet Allory and Jess in person, we continued to be impressed. They are so personable, and it is clear that they honestly want to make each couple’s wedding day absolutely amazing. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous; all of our guests commented on that as well! It is stylish, spacious, clean, and is kept up extremely well. The location of the venue is great, too. It is in a nice quiet area, but has convenience stores, grocery stores, etc. nearby for any last-minute needs. It also has plenty of parking. Allory and Jess helped us with everything from figuring out the layout of the reception and the general timing plan of our wedding day, to on the wedding day itself, making sure that things ran perfectly smoothly—even offering to take care of big and small details here and there, like helping with the set up of the ceremony location on their property that we chose (there are several options!), making sure our guest book was moved from one place to the next as guests moved from cocktail hour to the actual reception, totally facilitating the sparkler sendoff, and Jess just checking on me (the bride) throughout the day to make sure I was doing ok. I felt so much less stress on the wedding day than I thought I would, all because of the help they gave with these details and many more. I didn’t have to be worrying about things running perfectly smoothly, because they took care of it! Like we said, we can’t say enough good things about Allory and Jess and Melhorn Manor. The way our process went with them, from beginning to end, was wonderful!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Kelsey · Married on 06/21/2019

June 21, 2019

Melhorn Manor is an outstanding venue to host your wedding. Not only is the physical venue space stunning, but the owners Jess and Allory are amazing to work with as well. They truly go above and beyond to ensure that your wedding day is how it was envisioned. I would highly recommend Melhorn Manor to any couple who is in the process of planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Venue in PA

I cannot put into words how incredible our wedding was because of Melhorn Manor. From the very first tour to the end of the wedding night Jess and Allory were there to answer questions, offer support, guidance, and suggestions and were just overall more than we could have ever asked for. The only thing I'm upset about is that we don't get to work with them or discuss our big day anymore - but I will be sure to suggest this venue to anyone I possibly can. There's no better wedding or event venue in PA. Thank you, Jess and Allory, for making my wedding more magical than I ever could have imagined. I can't recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Bryson · Married on 11/10/2018

My fiancé and I are having our wedding at this venue in Nov. 2018. We attended their open house last weekend with our families to see the new renovations. We could not be happier to see it all come together and look forward to next year!

Sharon Tell · Married on 10/29/2018

Mother of the bride

The day was perfect for all. The guests raved about the entire wedding especially the atmosphere.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Tyler Fenner · Married on 10/27/2018

Great venue

Melhorn Manor offered exactly what we needed for our perfect day. From providing a list of vendors to fill roles we still needed, to being open and available at any hour to assist with planning or possible issues to a suggestion presented, Jess and Allory we hands down a grounding point to keep everything on track to get through the big day with ease as everyone around stressed out. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Megan · Married on 10/21/2018

There very nice and are accommodating

Sent on 12/28/2017

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Jessica and Allory are absolutely amazing and very accommodating. The venue is stunning.

Ben · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful venue, great value, Allory and Jess are wonderful to deal with and go above and beyond to see that our needs are met

• Kari

Kari · Married on 10/13/2018

My fiancé and I are getting married at Melhorn Manor in October 2018. Jess and Allory are so wonderful to work with, extremely personal, and very helpful! They will do anything to make sure your day is perfect. This venue has the perfect barn/rustic vibe we were looking for, and at such a reasonable price too! You definitely want to go see this venue because everything about it is to die for! You WILL be blown away - I promise!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Mandy · Married on 10/07/2018

Allory and Jess are great! They are so approachable and easy to work with. Melhorn Manor is beautiful. Because of its rustic charm, there are so many spots to capture every moment of the day. They truly have thought of everything, from weather, to the time in between the wedding and reception, and even where the bride and groom get ready. We are so blessed by them and all they have meant to us during this time in our lives.

Mitchell · Married on 10/07/2018

My future wife and I absolutely fell in love with Melhorn Manor! The staff is amazing to work with and are so genuine! The facility is great and stunning! Can’t imagine a better place to get married!!

• Alanna

Alanna · Married on 10/06/2018

This venue is gorgeous! The "rustic barn" look is exactly what my fiance and I were looking for when we stumbled upon Melhorn Manor. Not only is there enough room on the inside to seat all your guest while also having enough room for a dance floor, but the venue also provides heating and air conditioning so your guest will be comfortable no matter what the weather is! The price is very reasonable and hard to beat with everything they offer. In addition to having the venue all day, it also includes all the table & chairs, having a bridal suite and a grooms room, and having the ability to have an indoor cocktail hour without having to rent a tent which is amazing! Not to mention, Allory and Jessica Melhorn are both very kind and wonderful people who are so easy to talk to. My fiance and I have no doubts that they will make sure everything is perfect for our wedding in 2018 :)

Sent on 12/21/2017

Nate · Married on 10/06/2018

This venue is accommodating! They will do whatever you need or want! Jess and Allory are very flexible and are at your becking call no matter the occasion. My fiancé and I are getting married here in 2018 and we cannot wait. They have everything we are looking for and can accommodate our every need and our number of guests which exceeds 200! The groomsmen room is perfect and they put a lot of thought into what a guy needs before his big day.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Tara · Married on 09/30/2018

My fiancé and I will be celebrating our wedding at Melhorn next fall. When we visited the venue, we fell in love with the space, the location, as well as the kindness and flexibility of Allory and Jessica. I love that the barn has been in their family for generations, and the way they’ve updated the space to keep the original structure is simply stunning. We are looking forward to working with them through the planning process!

Sent on 12/22/2017
  • Amy

Any Manganella · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful...Amazing...Relaxing

The perfect place for a wedding or any special event! Jess and Alroy are so easy to work with, they will do anything to make your day perfect!
    We are so happy we picked Melhorn Manor! We had so many options it just made the whole day worry free!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Tim M · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing experience

The owners are very professional and helpful throughout the whole process. The property and buildings are perfect. They made our wedding experience so easy and even made sure the weather was perfect.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Crystal · Married on 09/22/2018

I am not even sure I can fully put into words how amazing the venue and especially the owners Jess & Allroy truly are. We selected the Melhorn Manor for our September 2018 wedding at the beginning of the year and never once did we second guess our decision. Up until our wedding day they were supportive, calm, helpful and had an answer to every little thing that popped up! I would host another event at Melhorn in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2018

My fiance and I could not be more happier with Melhorn Manor. The rustic barn that was just newly renovated is absolutely beautiful! We are so excited to be getting married there in August 2018! Jessica and Allory are wonderful to work with and extremely helpful!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

We are having our wedding at this venue in July '18. This venue is so beautiful and the owners are very nice and accommodating. We are very excited to spend our special day here!