21 Reviews for Melarosa

Aisle Decor (4)
Single Flowers (4)
Flower Petals (2)
21 Melarosa Reviews

My wedding flowers were a dream come true! Melanie exceeded my expectations with her gorgeous arrangements. From my bouquet, to the bridesmaids’ bouquets to the table arrangements –– she turned a rustic New York City venue into a romantic fairytale castle. Melanie is also a joy to work with, too! She listened to my ideas and enhanced them with her creativity and she was so patient as I worked through the images in my mind. I met her at the flower marked twice and she brought my vision to life right before my eyes! And she clearly has amazing relationships with all the flower vendors because everyone said hello and was more than accommodating while we built mock arrangements. Melanie will absolutely bring any space to life with her beautiful flowers and I would choose her for my wedding again in a heartbeat.

Photos
Profile Picture Lori, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

To say Melanie is talented, is the most enormous understatement!! I first met her at the NY Flower Market when I was interviewing a number of florists for my wedding. I thought it was so special to be able to talk with her as she literally walked me through her creative process. With pretty minimal input, she came up with the most INCREDIBLE floral designs for my wedding!! I'm still waiting on the professional photos to come in, but wanted to post some of our amateur pictures from the night so that any bride looking for an incredible flower designer who is totally and utterly willing to work within your budget considers Melanie as a top option!! Most other florists I considered came in with prices almost DOUBLE what Melanie quoted me, and she stuck to that quote, even with some pretty significant design changes. She even drove out to the Hamptons twice for a site walk through and a sample set up. I cried when I got to see her designs for the first time! She was AMAZING!!! Cannot recommend her more highly!!

Photo for Melarosa Review - The moment I got to see everything Melanie created! AMAZED!!
Profile Picture Brittany, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

Melanie is so talented and creative. She went the extra mile and was such a pleasure to work with. I had such a hard time finding someone who was willing to work within my budget without compromising the look and feel I was going for. Working in a blank space can be pricey! Melanie was awsome, and able to guide me into florals that would help execute my vision without going overboard on cost. It very hard to come by someone honest and not overpriced in NYC. When I met Melanie I knew she was a talented, trust worthy woman who would keep my best interest in mind. I wasn't wrong!

The florals on my big day were insane and most importantly the reception room looked stunning!!!!!!! I highly, highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

3500 characters is not enough room to explain how talented Melarosa and her team are. She was able to conceptualize my ever-changing wedding vision and make my dreams into a jaw-dropping reality. Throughout the entire planning process, Melanie made herself available, jumping on phone calls, walking through Pinterest boards, and meeting me in the NYC flower market to ensure I was 100% happy with the flowers and design. And at the end of the day, I was 1000000% happy. Melanie blew my mind with the overall design and execution of my wedding flowers & decor. It was better than any Pinterest inspiration pic I ever showed her, and my guests could not get over the design: the colors, the flower choices, the ivy, the candles...EVERYTHING was perfect. Melanie and her team are true professionals and artists. She's the epitome of a partner - playing a pivotal role throughout the planning process and collaborating to make sure the end product reflects the bride / grooms vision (at their set budget!) Unlike some vendors, Melanie will make whatever budget you have work...and stretch the dollar for massive impact. I can say with 100% confidence that Melanie is one of the best florists around the NYC area...and beyond. I would hire her over and over and over again if I could. I already miss working with her - she is a gem of a person! Anyone would be lucky to have her partake in your wedding.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

We could not be happier that we chose Melarosa for florals at our wedding! From the beginning, she was very flexible and helped us to stay within our budget while providing suggestions for what would be most impactful at The Foundry (a venue she knows super well). We had both a Hindu and a Christian ceremony, and Melanie and her team created a GORGEOUS mandap that worked across both ceremonies despite different themes and color palettes. Without providing much more than a couple of photos and descriptions of my vision, Melanie completely understood the look we were going for and delivered an absolutely beautiful array of flowers, from bouquets to centerpieces to cake decor and beyond. We highly recommend working with Melarosa!

Profile Picture User6771718, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Melanie is truly exceptional. She is creative and resourceful and will make your vision come to life while staying within (or close to) your budget. She will even meet with you at the flower market to walk through and discuss all the flowers. She made our wedding exactly how we wanted it. She is the absolute best

Profile Picture Jen, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Non-Floral

Melanie did an extraordinary job with our ceremony and reception decor. The venue we selected is a very unique space, and not knowing much at all about flowers, we knew we needed a florist with great vision, patience and creativity to help transform the space into something that matched our personalities. Melanie handily exceeded our expectations, and transformed the venue into a magical and gorgeous space. Melanie created a stunning, enchanting backdrop for where our ceremony took place with hanging amaranthus, seeded eucalyptus, garden flowers and moss; it looked like a page right out of a fairy tale. Every floral arrangement was nothing short of spectacular and she helped bring our vision for a vintage, fall wedding alive. Every detail from the boutonnieres to table arrangements was thoughtful and gorgeous.

Profile Picture Jay, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

Melanie and her team were the best!!!! I first met Melanie in the Florist District to pick out flowers that I liked and she understood my vision immediately! She is so warm, caring, and fun - I felt like she was someone I had known for years and felt so comfortable with her. She was very responsive to my emails whenever I was doubting anything or had a question. The day of my wedding her team arrived promptly and got to work. The beautiful wedding I had been dreaming about for months finally came to life with the help of her gorgeous flower arrangements. I chose smaller arrangements and she placed them in every single nook and cranny of my room at The Metropolitan Building. Every where I looked there was a touch of beauty by Melarosa. It was all so stunning and exactly what I hoped for! My bouquets were so gorgeous too and I got many, many compliments. Very reasonably priced too.Thank you, Melanie for making my dreams come true!! :)

Profile Picture Alexandra , 3/5/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Melanie was an absolute delight to work with and is a wonderful artist. She was the second florist I had a consultation with, and after speaking with her for five minutes, I knew she understood the look I was going for and was the right person to work with. My husband and I were married at The Foundry (an industrial looking venue) and wanted simple white and green floral arrangements to balance the dark/industrial feel of the venue. Melanie far surpassed our expectations, worked within our budget, and was a pleasure to work with every step of the way. It occasionally took a couple days longer than expected for Melanie to get back to us on paperwork related items in the beginning, but I never doubted whether or not we were on her radar. I'm so glad we chose her, because she ended up creating something so much more beautiful and elaborate than we could have imagined ourselves. I would whole-heartedly recommend Melanie to anyone looking for a florist within the NYC/Long Island area.

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

Melanie did an amazing job making our wedding look beautiful. She worked with us to make our vision of having little vases of wild flowers all over the venue come to life. She was very patient and met us in the flower market to pick out what we liked but also knew when to build on what I was trying to describe. I can't recommend her enough, she did excellent work.

Profile Picture User6003803, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melanie was amazing! She totally understood my vision for the day. I had a spring wedding, but with a darker less traditional palette of eggplant, smoke and yellow gold. She totally worked within my budget, and executed perfectly. I trusted her completely to bring the design to life, and I still get compliments from guests today. My wedding was at the Metropolitan Building, which is a space she is super familiar with, and it definitely showed on my big day. She made the place look stunning! Melanie did much more than the flowers for my wedding day, she helped the design of the space and bring it all together to creating a stunning, enchanted day.

I recommend Melanie from Melarosa without hesitation!

Profile Picture Meagan, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Choosing Melarosa was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. Melanie is an absolute artist and a complete pleasure to work with.

Our initial plan for our wedding was modern with clean lines and edges. Melanie met us at the flower district and immediately started selecting pieces that would work.

However, after postponing our wedding due to a death in the family, we chose to go a different way with our decor. Rather than modern, we decided to go with more traditional floral arrangements in jewel tones that would make our runners from India pop. She once again met us in the flower district. And in an instant, she brought our second vision to life. She never complained for a minute about our drastic change in vision. Rather, she happily worked to accommodate our every need and desire. She was patient, kind and so warm.

When I walked into studio 450 and saw our tables, I was floored. The flowers and table arrangements far exceeded my expectation in every way. They were absolutely stunning and guests are still commenting on how beautiful our centerpieces were and how well they accented all of our Indian pieces.

Not only that, our bouquets were beautiful and she helped me to add a locket to my bouquet so that I could carry my godfather close to my heart. My flower girls were in their glory with their baskets and petals. And our alter looked gorgeous flocked by two gorgeous pedestal pieces.

I cannot sing Melanie’s praises enough. Her work is amazing. And her costs are very affordable!

Profile Picture sheryl, 5/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

I don't even know where to begin with Melanie from Melarosa! Probably the best decision I made through my entire wedding process. Melanie's design truly speaks to the couples wants and needs of their wedding while still listening to your budget. She easily adapts to any type of style (as I've had the pleasure of seeing other weddings she's done ) but I felt she excelled with ours. It's amazing how versatile her designs are! Elegant, organic, whimsical or chic she excels in everything. She's a true artist with phenomenal taste of color and grace. Do yourself a favor and email Melanie today , you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kristina, 10/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melanie is amazing! Words cannot describe how beautiful Melanie and her team made my wedding look! The flowers were stunning and my chuppa was the most glamorous, and amazing piece of work, she took my vision and went above and beyond! Thank you Melanie!

Profile Picture Karina, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melarosa was the perfect pick for my May Indian-American wedding. I wanted a bright but tasteful aesthetic with peaches and corals and she delivered 100%. For the centerpieces, she played with height, giving us tall dramatic cherry blossoms as well as shorter pieces full of peonies and roses. I think what really separates Melarosa/Melanie from other vendors is her ability to construct, not just arrange flowers. For the mandap, the primary place where a Hindu ceremony takes place (similar to a chuppah), she created the most beautiful canopy of flowers and hanging drop lights under the skylight in our venue. The canopy was supposed to have cherry blossoms but on the morning of the wedding, Melanie noted that they didn't look as good as she wanted them to so her team improvised and used peonies instead. It wound up probably looking even better than the original vision.

Lastly, Melarosa's website is sorely in need of updating so to give you an idea of her amazing work, you can see some pics from our wedding here: http://clycreation.com/blog/2013/6/6/wedding-at-metropolitan-building-in-lic-ny

Profile Picture Ramya, 5/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melanie is absolutely amazing. She was extremely wonderful to work with from day one when she took me to the flower market to get a feel for what kind of flowers I liked. We then spent time thinking through colors and arrangements and how they would all go together. She worked with me to meet my vision while staying within my budget. She was always patient and kind even when I changed my mind. She took all my emails and thoughts and put them together to create gorgeous masterpieces for every table. She was extremely reliable and helpful and she was the one vendor I never worried about. We were blown away on our wedding day when we actually saw everything come together. It was stunning. I would recommend Melanie to anyone planning any sort of event. She is a true artist.

Profile Picture Anna, 8/12/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Thanks to the incredibly talented Melanie at Melarosa, our wedding at The Metropolitan Building in LIC was absolutely stunning. The flower arrangements, the room decor, the lighting...literally every single detail was truly above and beyond our greatest expectations. We had endless compliments from our guests about how it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've been to. Melanie is awesome all around!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melanie was wonderful! She worked with me on keeping within my budget and put together absolutely gorgeous arrangements. She is a true artist who can create whimsical and romantic designs. She is also a lovely person. I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Randi, 11/18/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melanie was absolutely AMAZING. She and her team did a truly incredible job for our wedding I cannot rave enough about it.
I had a very small budget and Melanie went above and beyond her duties. Even more amazing was the beyond beautiful setting Melanie created for our wedding. From the cherry blossom arbor to the incredible table displays and endless details... Melanie really captured the look I was imagining just from looking at a few photos I had pulled. Her talent and style really made for an incredible setting for our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/14/11, 2 Reviews

N/A

Profile Picture Sharon, 11/27/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Melarosa provided us with amazing floral beauty for our wedding. Melanie met with us and listened to some of our ideas before offering a very reasonable proposal. Our centerpieces included seasonal fruit that Melanie procured; and the fruit was so perfect that we first thought it was fake! She worked within our budget without making us feel bad (some vendors give a guilt trip, I've heard). My cascading bouquet was classic and gorgeous as were all of the other flowers that Melarosa provided. Melanie and her team far exceeded our expectations by creating arrangements that highlighted the venue and the season. We were all blown away by her work! I'd recommend Melarosa for any event or occasion.

Profile Picture felicia, 10/17/10, 5 Reviews