MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) Reviews

84 | Kula, HI

84 Reviews for MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 1
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 6
MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 7
  • Emily

Emily Torrez · Married on 11/04/2019

Never felt or looked more beautiful!

Once I booked our wedding at the Four Seasons Maui (4/11/19), I started looking into professional hair & makeup services. I came across MAB almost immediately and was sold! Their website and instagram were professionally done and showcased exactly how I wanted to look on wedding day. Picking them was a no-brainer! I selected the "Complete Bridal Experience", my mom, mother-in-law, and aunt-in-law selected the "Essential Bridal Party Makeup/Hair Combo", and my flower girl selected the "Flower Girl" hair & age-appropriate makeup.

Booking was extremely easy and filling out the questionnaire online & uploading pictures of looks I liked was very helpful. They returned emails very quickly and were kind & friendly. About a week before the wedding, I need to change my timeline a bit and move up when hair & make-up. MAB was extremely accommodating and this took so much stress off my plate.

I didn't do a trial, but I didn't feel I needed to do one anyway. I kept up with MAB on instagram and they were constantly killing it. I 100% trusted them and they did not disappoint.

On the day of, my bridal party got ready in the Ilima Suite at Four Seasons. MAB showed up early and set-up quickly. Mariane did our makeup and Amanda did our hair. These ladies are INCREDIBLY TALENTED and we all looked gorgeous, if I do say myself. I have never looked or felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, and it's all thanks to Mariane and Amanda. They nailed *exactly* how I wanted to look and did an even better than I could have imagined. They were also very open and asked for feedback if any of us wanted any changes so we felt 100% satisfied with our hair & makeup.

I received a touch-up kit with some powder and lip gloss, but I honestly didn't need it. Even with the humidity (I live in Arizona so I was definitely feeling it), my hair and makeup stayed put all night. It looked just as good at the end of the night as it did during the day. I got so many compliments!

When the night was over, I was honestly sad to take my hair out and remove the makeup. I'm sure I could've worn it another day without it falling off.

Mariane and Amanda (and I'm sure the entire MAB team of stylists!) are absolutely best in class. They were friendly, professional, easy to work with, and most importantly, made me look & feel like a bride. I could not be more happy with MAB and my wedding look. Thank you, thank you, thank you MAB!!!

Sent on 04/26/2019
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 8
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 9
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 10

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Ahhhh you look so beautiful!!! Thank you for this fab review we appreciate it so much :) These photos are so so pretty. We sure love what we do... and brides like you xoxo
  • Miranda

Miranda Bailey · Married on 07/22/2019

Happy Bride

I have never felt more beautiful in my life. I was blown away when I saw myself in the mirror, they did an amazing job. I felt like royalty and I looked like royalty. :) Communicating with them via email was so easy and their responses were quick. I was also so happy they arrived on time since there had been a fire on the Island that day. The team was so nice and sweet, I am just over the moon happy with how my hair and makeup turned out. I would give them a 10/10 if there were more stars. My hair and makeup still looked flawless by the end of the night, I didn't need to do a single touch up which was amazing! I have received so many compliments on my hair and makeup from friends and family.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Ritz

Ritz · Married on 07/12/2019

Mab wow!

When my husband and I decided that we will be having a destination wedding in Maui, I started researching for bridal MUA right away. I discovered MeiLi Autumn Beauty thru Instagram, followed them and watched their IG stories everyday! I might have booked them before we even picked a wedding venue. Mariane did my makeup while Amanda did my hair. I was so in love with how I looked that I almost didn't wanna wash it off later that night! Thank you ladies for getting me all beautified!!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Thank you sweetie! Amanda and Mariane had such a blast helping you look and feel your best. They are such bridal rockstars. Thanks for being the kind bride to let them know how much you appreciated it. You rock sister - much aloha , MeiLi
  • Jessica

Jessica Wang · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing Work!

The MAB team was such a pleasure to work with! They are so responsive and organized so it definitely made it easy for us to book their services. We had Mariane doing our makeup and Carly doing our hair. These two ladies are no joke.. all of us had our hair and makeup done in the past but they blew us away with their talent. We all felt beautiful and, more importantly, comfortable with the outcome. We absolutely loved our experience and would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 05/28/2019

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

THANK YOU JESSICA!!!! That is so so kind. We sure appreciate hearing from you. I’ll make sure to let the girls know. Aloha and Mahalo!!! And send us your photos! Xoxo

Renee · Married on 02/07/2019

Magic workers

So professional. Flexible and accommodating. Fun to spend your wedding morning with. Made my mother, sisters and I feel like goddesses. Also, my makeup lasted all night and photographed amazingly. MeiLi and Giovanni are the best there is!

Sent on 02/16/2019

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Thank you Renee!!! We loved meeting you too! Was such a pleasure getting to be part of your special day. Much aloha xoxo
  • Z

Zoe Cates · Married on 01/23/2019

Best Bridal Hair and Makeup EVER

I cannot say enough amazing things about Meili Autumn Beauty. Firstly, they were SO professional from the start. Responded to emails and booking questions so fast. They sent someone to do a spray tan 2 days before the wedding and it was the BEST spray tan I've ever had. On the day of, Mariane and Kaylin were on top to do hair and makeup. Mariane was AMAZING with my makeup. She made me feel like myself, my makeup stayed ALL day (even through a photoshoot on the beach), and she listened to EXACTLY what I wanted. There was not one thing I would change about my makeup. She was also soooooo sweet and made me feel so at ease. Kaylin was also incredible. She too, listened to exactly what I wanted my hair to look like. My hair stayed perfectly!! The wedding was outside, and my hair stayed perfectly and looked amazing!! Kaylin and Mariane both worked together at the same time, which also made the process go much faster. They made sure I was happy with how everything looked, which I love. I cannot wait to return to Maui and have Mariane and Kaylin do my hair and makeup again! So happy that the experience was so incredible!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Hailey

Hailey Mccluskey · Married on 10/09/2018

Amazing! Mahalo, Mab!

I fell head over heels in love with MAB! I was unable to do a trial before my destination wedding, but I was never once nervous about not having a trial. The women at MAB made me feel so at ease for my wedding day. Gio was amazing and walked me through my hair and makeup step by step - I felt so natural and beautiful. I have never loved my hair and makeup so much before. I love MAB so much - what a great team!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Raquel · Married on 09/15/2018

MAB was amazing!

So happy I chose MeiLi’s team! I loved my hair and makeup SO MUCH, probably the best I’ve ever had done... my bridesmaids said the same thing! It lasted all night (totally surprised because we were dancing non stop). Would recommend these girls 100%... they know what they’re doing! Thanks guys!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Kacy

Kacy Moss · Married on 09/12/2018

Amazing Experience

MAB brought my vision for my wedding day to life! As a female, hair and makeup is always a very important detail of your big day. MAB comes to you, removes the stress, and delivers exactly what you want! We traveled from Ohio, so most of our communication was actually through email, and it was very seamless. They were quick, efficient, and kind. The day of my wedding was the day “hurricane” Olivia hit the island. I briefly contemplated moving my wedding date and they were as accommodating and flexible as possible to help take the stress away. (We decided to stick with our original date and so glad we did - it turned out perfect!)

Thank you for making me feel beautiful and confident for my big day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2018
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 11

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Sweetie! It was meant to be, no hurricane could keep you down. I truly believe beauty shines from within and you were so cool and calm that even the weather didn’t phase you- which only made you more radiant. Thank you for your kind words. Much Aloha MAB

Mahsa · Married on 08/26/2018

The MAB team helped create my dream look for our wedding! Randall was my makeup artists and Kaylin was my hairstylist. They are extremely talented and super sweet and calm. They created the exact look I wanted, and my hair and makeup lasted all night long for our outdoor summer wedding on Maui. They also did my mother’s hair and makeup and she loved it, which means a lot since my mother doesn’t like to wear makeup and get done up. I would use them again in a heartbeat! Thank you ladies for helping our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 09/25/2018

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mahsa- super appreciated. The girls had a blast getting you ready and you were a vision xoxoxo MAB

Jaclyn · Married on 08/16/2018

Truly masters of their craft!

The MAB team was highly, highly recommended by our wedding planner (Tropical Maui Weddings).
    After checking out their reviews and instagram, I was sold!

Planning the wedding from San Diego, I didn't get the chance to do a trial which I will admit definitely made me nervous but these girls did not disappoint!

There were 6 girls in my party that they did both hair and make up for. We had Randall for make up and Gio for hair -- they were both AMAZING!!! They both have truly mastered their craft! I let each girl choose how they wanted their hair and make up and they perfected each look (even for my mom who never wears make up)! Not to mention, the make up lasted all night and the hair outlasted the island humidity! Also, I can't forget the lashes...those lasted at least 3 days (don't worry I washed my face)! My husband was very adamant that I don't "look like a clown" for our first look because of brides he's seen in the past with make up caked on. Randall nailed it - just enough so it looked stunning in pictures but not too much that my husband couldn't recognize me.

Thank you for making me feel so beautiful on such an important day of celebration! I wish you could do my make up and hair everyday!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Konnie H · Married on 08/11/2018

It was mab-ulous!

I found MAB online through all the raving reviews — they're obviously the best H&M artists on the island ;) I had the pleasure of chatting with Randall for a good year throughout my planning process and was even able to chat with MeiLi herself a few times when I had questions. Everything worked out smoothly even when I had to switch planners.

Through my research and following her on IG, I was really impressed by MeiLi and her team's work. I opted to not do a trial because knew I would be in good hands with anyone on the team but decided to pay the owners fee to secure MeiLi for my big day. I'm so glad I did! I was able to meet her and her team in person the morning of my wedding. MeiLi, Geo & @cloud_ten were so pleasant to work with. I had 3 bridesmaids + myself and we were done getting ready from 11:30am to 2:30pm for a 3pm first look & 4pm ceremony.

I have monolids and wanted a natural modern Asian look. MeiLi knew exactly what I was going for and had no problem glamming me up! The make up and hair products they used was high quality — it lasted all day through the humidity and crazy dancing :) I recommended MAB to my friend who just got married at Maui and she looked GORGEOUS!

If you're getting married on Maui, I highly recommend MAB for your big day. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Allana e Pritchard · Married on 08/10/2018

Thank you MeiLi Beauty!

I planned my wedding from afar, and choosing Meili's team for my Hair & Makeup was meant to be. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, the experience, and the photos. Seriously amazing. Everyone was complimenting me on it for days after, and now with the photos.
    Meili & Giovanna showed up exactly on time at our rental, with everything ready to go, and got right to it. They started with my mother-in-laws and stepmom first, so I had some time to relax and see the process. The most amazing moment was when Meili started talking to my Stepmom in Chinese, who doesn't speak English - we weren't expecting it and it really made her day to be able to explain what she wanted done and her preferences.
    When it came to me... I hadn't done a trial run, and I don't wear much makeup myself, so I was definitely nervous. Meili talked me through every step, and was so patient and understanding with my comfort level and easing me into the right amount for photos. She gave me time to get used to my makeup and offered changes, and the best tip - she took some photos of me to show how it would appear on camera. She was right - what she had done was perfect, not too much, not too little. I felt like a dream.
    For my hair... oh my god. I had been growing my hair out all year, and somehow Gio made it look twice as long and full, it looked like I had extensions added and was perfect. I wish she could do my hair every day. It turned out better than I imagined and better than any of the photos I shared, even hours later.
    I cannot recommend MAB enough. Absolutely perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2018

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI)'s reply:

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!! This made me so happy! Thank you beautiful. Always so blessed by my brides. You were STUNNING

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2018

The ladies from MeiLi were wonderful! And it was awesome to have MeiLi herself do my makeup for my wedding day. They arrived early and set-up their stations to get us started. They did my bridal hair and makeup just like I had pictured in my head. I kept doing double takes in the mirror, because I just loved the way they made me glow. And my hair stayed on point all day! I have long, thick hair, and I was unsure if it would hold a curl in the humidity and the wind that day. But it stayed and looked great all through the evening. They also did a great job on my mother and mother-in-law's makeup and hair as well. Very glad to have chosen them for my wedding hair and makeup.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Shane-Ann · Married on 08/04/2018

I am so happy I chose MeiLi Autumn Beauty to do the hair and makeup for my wedding! Randall was my makeup artist and Kaylin was my hairstylist. These two ladies were so sweet and professional and such a pleasure to work with! I did a trial run with them two days before my wedding. I explained the look I wanted, showed them a few pictures and they nailed it on the first try! They also did the hair and makeup for my 4 bridesmaids and were able to give them the looks they wanted. We were all impressed with how quickly yet precisely they worked; it only took about 3 hours for all 5 of us! The great thing was that all our looks lasted during the outdoor ceremony, after being exposed to the wind and sun, and all throughout the night during the reception. I would highly recommend MeiLi Autumn Beauty for your wedding day!! Randall and Kaylin are awesome, down-to-earth, and so very talented. Thank you ladies for making me and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/04/2018

MeiLi Autumn Beauty was such a pleasure to work with! I was able to meet with them a few days before the wedding to do a trial and I really enjoyed being able to do that. Taylor did our makeup and Giovanna did our hair and both ladies did an excellent job! They were very accommodating and listened to exactly what we wanted. We were all very happy with the results! As the bride, my makeup and hair stayed perfectly all night. I would definitely use them again in the future!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Cindy · Married on 06/23/2018

I had Kaylin do my hair and Taylor do my makeup, and these ladies knocked it out of the park. They were very professional, made me completely at easy, and with little direction they flawlessly executed the look I wanted. I was so impressed because my makeup stayed fully in place on a hot Maui day in June, and my hair stayed perfect the whole night! No loose strands, nothing. It was actually hard taking my hair down because it was so secure, and my makeup was still mostly there end of the night. Didn’t even have to reapply lipstick. Highly highly recommend these ladies, they know what they’re doing!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2018

With planning a wedding from afar I needed to make sure we were working with the best vendors. I knew I was not going to be able to do a hair and makeup trial which some people warned me about. Choosing to work with MeiLi and her team was a truly a dream come true.

We picked MeiLi Autumn Beauty based on her work posted on her website and social media. I am of mixed ethnicity with very textured hair. My background is not as common in Hawaii and I was scared the combination of oily skin, unruly hair, humidity, and strong winds were a recipe for disaster. All my fears were put at ease as soon as I looked in the mirror. MeiLi and her team are professional artists with a sense of tranquility that is needed on your wedding day.

MeiLi personally did my make-up and it was flawless and lasted all night. Finding the right shade and colors was done with absolute ease. Giovanna effortlessly tamed my crazy hair while allowing movement and texture that could hold up to wind and humidity.

Our entire group was thrilled and loved their results. If you are looking for the best in the industry… MeiLi Autumn Beauty is it.

Mahalo Nui Loa MeiLi and Giovanna! I’m still smiling!!!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 20
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 21

Connie Purdom · Married on 11/12/2017

Bridesmaid

Without a doubt the best experience I have EVER had with a hair/makeup team!!! Randall was AMAZING with my makeup. Made me feel beautiful and confident but still looking like myself! And Kaylin took my hair vision and brought it straight to life! On top of that, they were a blast to be around! I would HIGHLY recommend this team for any and all hair and makeup needs you may have :)

Shannon Seheult · Married on 11/11/2017

I love MAB!

MeiLi Autumn Beauty is by far the most incredible makeup team I have ever had the privilege of being a client of. From setting up the trial run throughout the entire wedding day they were not only punctual & professional, they were also kind and extremely caring. They pay incredible attention to detail and they made me look better than I could have ever imagined. My hair, which does not typically hold a curl, stayed volumized and in place all night. They worked with my sensitive eyes to give me beautiful full fake lashes. My makeup stayed throughout several episodes of crying during the wedding and looked flawless in all photos. Excellent & I cannot rave enough about this team! I highly recommend them to everyone.

MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 22
    MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) 23

Shayna · Married on 07/01/2017

I found MeiLi Autumn Beauty on social media so I was able to see lots of their work before committing to work with them. They were great to work with but also made myself and my bridesmaids look and feel so fresh and beautiful - still looking like ourselves- just better versions. I'm so pleased they did our hair and makeup. If I have any other events in the future, I'll reach out to them for sure!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Tawny · Married on 06/28/2017

Randall and kaylin did my makeup and hair for my wedding, as well as for my two sisters and mom. I was nervous because I was having a destination wedding and was unable to do any sort of trial until a couple days before the wedding day. I spoke to Randall a few times before the wedding and she answered all of my questions and made me feel very confident with using them. They were both so friendly and professional. They did a great job capturing the look I wanted. I definitely recommend them and would use them in the future. They were a pleasure to work with and stand by their work.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Mallory Smith · Married on 06/04/2017

Amazing! You can’t go wrong with them!

I was extremely nervous about choosing the right hair and makeup team for my wedding as I’ve had nightmare experiences in the past. I came across MAB and after some great correspondence, I decided to go with them and I am BEYOND happy that I did! My biggest request was that I look like an enhanced version of myself and they more than delivered! As soon as I met the team I was immediately at ease. They were such a friendly and fun group of girls and immediately understood my vision. Randall did my makeup and she is the best!! I looked like myself with naturally added drama. She used an airbrush foundation which was totally new to me. I have never seen my skin look more fresh and flawless and it lasted the entire day without any touch ups! Amanda did my hair. I showed her some pictures for reference and she gave me exactly what I wanted! If you’re wanting to feel beautiful and confident on your big day, go with MAB! You’ll be so happy you did!!

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2017

Meili and her team are awesome!! They truly listened to what each of us wanted and the results were incredible! Our makeup and hair looked great in pictures and it lasted for the entire day. They worked quickly and efficiently and made sure we were equipped for touchups. Not only was their work amazing, but they were also such a pleasure to work with. On what can be a stressful day, it was wonderful to have people who are so friendly, relaxed, and attentive. I would highly highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/02/2017
  • Emily

Emily Riechel · Married on 11/12/2016

Best Hair + Makeup EVER

This team is so incredible! My makeup by Randall and hair by Kaylin was perfect. I looked like the best version of myself but somehow still looked natural. No, I did not wake up like this - I got the MAB treatment. ;-)