Meghan McLellan Wedding Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• April
    April Married on 09/25/2021

Hire her!

I can't believe I didn't write this review earlier- but I'm glad I did! My husband and I had plans to wed in August of 2020, but when the pandemic hit we pushed our big wedding off until Sept 2021. We decided we still wanted to marry on our original wedding date, so we had a small gathering at my parents home. Meghan's reviews looked great, so we went ahead and hired her. She emailed back and forth with us about the ceremony wording, readings, vows, etc. She also video chatted with us so she could see us and get to know us better. On the day of the wedding she arrived early and was dressed very professionally. We decided to have a non denominational ceremony, and everything was perfect. One of my neighbors decided to weedwack the same time as our ceremony, and Meghan projected her voice right over it. When she became available for our Sept 2021 vow renewal/celebration we did not hesitate hiring her again! Again, she emailed us back and forth, video chatted with us, and worked with us on our ceremony wording. With my guest count of 120, again Meghan projected her voice to the very last row and nobody had issues hearing her, without a microphone. She did a wonderful job capturing our relationship with the wording she choose, and she added some humor into our ceremony as we were marrying, again! Meghan did a wonderful job not once, but twice for us, and we would recommend her to everyone we know! She will not disappoint!!
    Liz C. Married on 09/05/2020

Wonderful experience

Meghan is wonderful, She works with you and she is all about making sure your ceremony is perfect and the way you want it. I Absolutely love her and highly recommend her. ❤️
  • MM Delthombaaso
    Mm Delthombaaso Married on 05/08/2020

A Calming Presence—No Matter the Weather!

Meghan was so easy to work with! I immediately felt comfortable speaking with her, even though we had to do all preparations virtually. She was very flexible in letting us write not just our own vows, but the entire wedding script, sending a huge collection of ideas to browse. Day-of, I felt calmed in her presence, like seeing another old friend while I got ready. We had to rush to start the ceremony—it was outdoors and there was a thunderstorm coming!—but Meghan kept her composure and measured speaking voice. Smiles and five stars all around!!
    Rachel Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent Officiant

Meghan did a fantastic job with our ceremony. She did a great job personalizing our ceremony and making it fit to my husband and I as a couple. She is professional, flexible with time, and responds quickly. I highly recommend Meghan as a wedding officiant.
    Danielle Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful Officiant!

Meghan Ferguson - Officiant
    We were very thankful to have found and chosen Meghan to be our officiant. She is super knowledgeable, made us feel extremely comfortable, shared a ton of great information providing everything we needed to prepare, and was perfect on our wedding day! She arrived to the ceremony early, and immediately checked in with me to see if I needed anything or if changes needed to be made. She has a wonderful presence and voice. Meghan performed the ceremony with excellent feeling, emotion, and emphasis, guiding us through the most important moment of our lives! We highly recommend Meghan as an officiant!!
    Christine Married on 06/14/2019

Meghan @ The Mountain Top Inn

Meghan was a pleasure to work with and made the process of getting married in Vermont easy. She sent us variations of the ceremony to choose from and was willing to chat with us several times during the planning process so we could get to know each other. She is extremely professional and helpful. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a simple and smooth ceremony process!
  • Nina
    Nina Married on 12/30/2018

Wonderful experience!

Working with Meghan as our officiant was a wonderful experience from start to finish. She is thorough, professional, warm and friendly. From the first moment we spoke, she made it clear that she was willing to perform our ceremony however we wanted; she's flexible and open to any ideas that couples have! She provides a LOT of helpful inspiration for designing your ceremony (very helpful if you're unfamiliar with the process like we were!), but also allows the couple to have complete control in designing the ceremony. She was also very patient when we took forever to solidify our details! On the day of the wedding, Meghan arrived early and greeted us to make sure we knew she was ready to go. She provided all the materials we needed and put our minds at ease. Meghan was a fantastic officiant, and we highly recommend her to any Vermont couples!
    Nicole Married on 09/01/2018
    Meghan was the perfect officiant for our wedding! We were looking for someone who would help us create a shorter ceremony without too much effort and she delivered. The ceremony was perfectly executed based on our email / Skype sessions. Meghan was so kind and sweet when we were able to finally meet her on the day of. She was so easy to work with. Highly recommended!!
    Daniela Married on 07/21/2018
    We loved working with Meghan! She was available to facetime with us before the wedding and helped us put together a beautiful custom ceremony. Would highly recommend!
    Caitlin Married on 06/27/2018
    Meghan was great from start to finish. Since we were having a destination wedding, everything was done over the phone or email but it still felt personal. After our initial phone call, I knew Meghan was for us. She was filled with great suggestions and did an excellent job coaching my husband and I through our vows. She even braved the rainy weather during our outdoor ceremony without batting an eye. We would never hesitate to recommend her!
    Jamie Married on 06/20/2018
    AMAZING! My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more caring, considerate, hard-working person to officiate our wedding. She provided us with so much material that we looked through to make a ceremony perfect. She was so responsive and sweet. I can't express how grateful I am that we had Meghan as our wedding officiant!
    Megan Married on 02/03/2018
    Meghan was my Officiant for my recent wedding which was a winter wedding in Vermont. Months leading up to our big day she was extremely flexible and communitive throughout the whole process. She gave us many vow options and also customized the language. I felt very fortunate to have someone so open minded and responsible to be our Officiant. And...she stuck it out in the freezing cold with us and spoke so clearly and confidently..you would have never known that she was shivering! I highly recommend Meghan!
    Corey Married on 02/01/2018
    We highly recommend Meghan as an officiant. She was flexible, friendly, and always eager to help us with any questions or concerns that we had. Meghan truly went above and beyond to make sure our day was special. We had a lot of fun working with Meghan and know that she would add to your day!
  • Elana
    Elana Married on 12/21/2017
    Meghan was absolutely wonderful! She took time out of her day to skype with us and really helped to make a stressful part of wedding planning easy and fun! She provided reading samples and ceremony samples that were easy to read and helped us personalize our perfect ceremony! She is such a warm person and you can tell that she loves weddings! We loved working with her!
    Renee Married on 10/14/2017
    Meghan was absolutely fantastic! Throughout the whole planning process she made everything so easy (through google docs) and provided us with so much material to choose from (all amazing options too!) and truly make it our own and personal to us. Once we chose everything we went back and tweaked certain parts to be more personal about my husband and I. She was always very responsive and very organized! During the ceremony she spoke loud and clear for everyone to hear - all ran very smooth! I can’t tell you how many people came up to us afterwards and tell us just how awesome and special the whole ceremony was - it was just amazing! I’d recommend Meghan in a heartbeat to anyone looking for an officiant for their special day!! Thanks again Meghan - it was an amazing day and so glad you were a part of our special day!!
    Josephine Married on 09/23/2017
    Meghan was truly amazing at our September wedding this year. She truly takes pride in making your wedding special and is so appreciative to be a part of your big day. She was flexible and into all of our different ideas! She was also very very responsive and had wonderful ideas to make things run a little smoother. On the day of she was great! Had a great speaking voice and quietly prepped us for our big speaking moments. She was a pleasure to work it and made our wedding day extra special! I would highly recommend her!
  • F
    Franci Married on 09/16/2017
    Meghan:

Thank you for being such an important part of our day. Your flexibility and professionalism was greatly appreciated! You spoke so wonderfully and carried out the ceremony exactly as we wanted. Highly recommend you for any wedding!! Thank you again!
    Barbie Married on 09/02/2017
    Meghan was wonderful to work with. She kept in contact with us through emails. The meeting me had 1 week before really put us at ease.
    She comes highly recommended. She will make everyone at your wedding feel like they are a big part of your special day.
    Kimberly Married on 05/20/2017
    Meghan did an amazing job as our wedding officiant in May 2017. Since we do not live in Vermont, she made the effort to Skype with us several times over the course of planning our ceremony. She was also extremely flexible and was not deterred by our desire for a rather unique ceremony (my husband wrote a song as part of his vows; I requested that our guinea pigs were mentioned, just for a couple of examples :). She has a great sense of humor and clearly loves to help couples with their wedding plans. Thank you, Meghan, for an amazing experience!
    Ross Married on 10/01/2016
    She was fantastic working with us so that we could have the most personalized and heartfelt ceremony. We enjoyed working with her!
    Blair Married on 09/11/2016
    Meghan is great, highly recommend working with her to officiate your wedding! She is very responsive, shares lots of thoughts and recommends, and is super flexible. She arrived early, was super easy going, and filed the paperwork quickly.
    Caitlin Married on 08/13/2016
    Meghan was amazing through the entire process. The day of the wedding was extremely chaotic. We lost our unity candles and everyone was anxious about the impending storm disrupting the ceremony. Through all of this Meghan remained totally calm and quietly found us new candles to use. She delivered the perfect ceremony for us and made our day even more memorable. Thank you Meghan!
    Katy Married on 06/18/2016
    Meghan was the officiant for our wedding in June 2016. From our first phone call to the frequent emails, Meghan was an absolute delight to work with. She guided us with resources to help us write our vows and was there every step of the way as we starting putting everything together. Her enthusiasm and professionalism really made our day complete. Thank you, Meghan!!
    Jamie A. Married on 10/17/2015
    We could not have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was very unique and quirky with a lot of special requests, and Meghan was not only on board with everything, she pulled it off perfectly. She worked with us in a very friendly and professional manner to ensure our ceremony was perfect, right down to the smallest detail. She has a great sense of humor and would be the perfect personality for any type of ceremony, from a non-traditional one such as ours to a more traditional and formal one - or anything in between. Meghan will forever be etched in our memories as one of the very best parts of our special day. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!
    Stephanie Married on 09/06/2015
    Megan was a last minute change for my wedding, but she made sure to have the transition occur very smoothly. She did exactly what I asked for and was very easy to work with. I would recommend her for any couple!