Megan Helm Photography Reviews

Megan Helm Photography 5
  • Christina

Christina · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Photographer

Megan is so talented! My Fiancé and I had engagement pictures done at the beach, we had the best time with Megan. She was so sweet and made sure we we had fun doing our photo shoot. We were very impressed and beyond happy with our session I would highly recommend Megan .

Megan Helm Photography 6
    Megan Helm Photography 7
    Megan Helm Photography 8
    Megan Helm Photography 9
    Megan Helm Photography 10
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

You are so sweet Christina thank you so much! It was so much fun doing your photos and then going out to dinner after :) We need to do that again!

Judith Gagnebin · Getting married on 11/22/2019

So happy to have Megan as our photographer!!

I am in love with my engagement session photos! Megan made the entire process so fun and comfortable. She took her time and made us feel special. Plus, she has such a fun attitude! I am so excited to have Megan capture our wedding day!!

Highly recommend Megan if you need a photographer. You will be so glad that you booked her!

Megan Helm Photography 11
    Megan Helm Photography 16
    Megan Helm Photography 17
    Sent on 06/24/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you Judith! You and Jesse were so much fun to photograph and I am so glad you both were able to be yourselves to capture fun photos. I am really looking forward to your wedding this fall!

Pamela · Married on 10/05/2019

Needs more than just 5 stars!!!

If you're looking for a fun, friendly and energetic photographer then Megan is the one to book! She was amazing. From the very beginning, Megan was there to help us with vendor recommendations, creating a timeline, and answering questions. Weddings can be stressful, and from the moment Megan arrived at our venue, it was like hanging out with a lifelong friend. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and her visions for our pictures were stunning! She was very hands on and paid attention to every little detail. I could not be anymore happy with our decision on having Megan capture our special day simply because she is the best!!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Pamela & Vince! Your wedding was so much fun and I enjoyed being a part of your special day. I'm so happy you two love your photos and am so thankful to have such sweet, fun clients!!

Taylor Cates · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!

Megan is absolutely AMAZING! I’ve gotten to work with her a couple of times and she does such awesome job. She really takes the time to listen to what you want and help you capture those visions. She was professional, creative, enthusiastic, and fun. I cried tears of joy when I saw my photos for the first time and realized how well she captured every emotion of my wedding day. It was her first time at our venue but you would never know with the INCREDIBLE photos she captured! She truly loves what she does and it shows in every photo she captures.

Megan Helm Photography 18
    Megan Helm Photography 19
    Megan Helm Photography 20
    Megan Helm Photography 21
    Megan Helm Photography 22
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor & Shane! Your wedding was perfectly you guys, and I'm honored to have been your photographer, and now friends. I look forward to many more memories with you guys!!
  • Sara

Sara Verzosa · Married on 02/16/2019

Such a talented wedding photographer

Megan's talents as a wedding photographer are truly undeniable. When she gave us our wedding photo gallery, my jaw DROPPED at how beautiful our photos turned out. Megan listened to our not-so-traditional ideas and truly ran with them... as she will tell you, she does a lot of outdoor natural lighting shots, but her indoor photos are INCREDIBLE. She has such a knack for capturing moments and bringing out the best in you! Because of Megan's photos, I look back on my wedding and have never felt more beautiful than on that day. You will not be disappointed in hiring her and I know she will make you feel incredible on your big day! Thank you so much, Megan, for all you did for us and for being so talented at what you do!

Megan Helm Photography 23
    Megan Helm Photography 33
    Megan Helm Photography 34
    Sent on 03/23/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much Sara and Luigi! It was a pleasure to capture your wedding day and all the beautiful moments.

Katie Jorgensen · Married on 02/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Megan is AMAZING! My husband and I absolutely LOVE our engagement and wedding photos. Megan’s work speaks for itself, it is stunning, timeless, and quality. She is someone who handles pressure with grace, knows the details, and does it all with a smile!

Megan Helm Photography 35
    Megan Helm Photography 43
    Megan Helm Photography 44
    Sent on 10/21/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Katie & Ben thank you so much!! I am so glad that I was able to capture the memories and moments you've always dreamed of. It was an absolute pleasure to capture your wedding day!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Megan is so easy and fun to work with! She has a great eye and will make your vision come to life. She works quick and will provide a variety of high quality photos. We can't wait for her to capture our wedding!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! You and Sean are so cute, I am so excited to photograph your wedding day.

Marlaena · Married on 09/07/2018

There isn't possibly enough words to describe how passionate and professional this woman is about photography! She clearly has a love for capturing breathtaking moments, and throughout my whole experience from beginning to end, Megan has worked with me, was on top of everything the day of, and was so nice and professional. It was so hot on my wedding day, yet she still tried her hardest to make ALL of our shots look the best ever. Not only is she an amazingly talented photographer, with her crisp, yet warm style, but she is also a really positive, genuine person, and a real lucky charm to have around on your wedding day! My husband was really really nervous before our first look and Megan completely changed that with her warm personality. If you are looking for great photos and an even better photographer experience, look no further than Megan Helm Photography!

Megan Helm Photography 45
    Megan Helm Photography 53
    Megan Helm Photography 54
    Sent on 10/01/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Marlaena, thank you and Chris SO MUCH for everything! Your wedding was so beautiful and it was my pleasure to capture all the love and joy from that day. Wishing you both all the best!
  • Brittany

Brittany Lipson · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Photographer for the Best day EVER!

Wow, how can we even describe in words the amazing service we received from Megan and her team! We booked Megan through a referral to do our engagement shoot, wedding photography and videography. It was so nice to find someone we trusted to complete all three services for a bundled price. From the start we were so impressed with her professionalism (she under promised OVER delivered!), speedy delivery of quality, edited images and her overall enthusiasm for our event. She really made us feel as though our special day was one of a kind. Day of the wedding, she was just as prompt and professional as she had been throughout the process before hand, planning and communicating. She made our bridal party feel at ease and was extremely easy for our planner and coordinator to contact and deal with. Megan listened to what we wanted and changed her plan to match what we needed- she was instinctual and knew what we needed before we did! Our friends, family and participating vendors were more than impressed with Megan and her team at Megan Helm Photography. In the end she delivered our images in a timely manner (much sooner than we could have hoped) and we were blown away by the quality in her shooting. The photos captured the look and feel of the day we had worked so hard to put together. We would get married again just to have her capture us again!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Wow Brittany! Thank you and Ben so much for this sweet review. It was truly an honor to be a small part is capturing your beautiful love story. It has been so fun to continue to watch your love story continue and I look forward to many more memories with you both!

ASHLEY · Married on 08/25/2018

MEGAN WAS WONDERFUL! I DONT SAY THAT LIGHTLY.. SHE WAS SUPER EASY TO WORK WITH- GREAT ABOUT RESPONDING AND GOT SOME OUT OF THIS WORLD SHOTS.. MY HUSBAND WAS SUPER WORRIED ABOUT TRADITIONAL PHOTOS THAT FELT STAGED AND MEGAN WAS ABLE TO CAPTURE EVERY MOMENT- NOT ONLY BEAUTIFULLY BUT ALSO NATURALLY AND WAS NEVER AWKWARD... HER PRICES ARE AMAZING SHES EASY TO WORK WITH AND GOES OVER AND ABOVE TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT.. PLEASE CHECK HER OUT!! YOULL BE HAPPY YA DID!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! I always strive to capture weddings naturally, and we captured some really beautiful moments. Thank you for choosing me to document and capture this special day!

Mimi · Married on 08/18/2018

I do not even know where to start. Right from the beginning Megan was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns that we had. Even though we never met her until the big day, I felt that we were already in good hands. On the big day, meeting Megan felt like we were meeting an old friend. She made us feel safe and excited. She would tease us by showing us some of the pictures she would take and it was jaw dropping what she would show us. The final product of the pictures were stunning! If I had to say exactly what the pictures were like I would say breathtakingly fairylike. A dream come true. She truly captures the essence of the moment. Very organic and yet simplistic. We are happy with our entire experience and she worth it all! Thank you Megan for giving us forever lasting memories of our love!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mimi! I am so grateful you took a chance on my when we hadn't even met before the big day. You and Hudson were so sweet. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day festivities!

Pam Wilczynski · Married on 07/14/2018

Amazing!!!!!!

Megan was amazing! I live in Germany but my wedding was in California. She was so easy to contact and talk to thru the whole process. Day of the wedding she was INCREDIBLE! Seriously amazing woman with a camera. She got the most beautiful shots of everyone. She’s amazing!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Pam! You and Jose had such a colorful and fun wedding. I loved all the unique details that went into your day! Thank you for choosing me to document this day for you and your families. Wishing you guys all the best from across the world!

Kara · Married on 04/28/2018

There are not enough words for me to express how happy I am that we chose Megan Helm Photography to capture our engagement photos and wedding day. She is such a sweet and professional person, and had amazing communication from day one. Not only did she help us relax and have a great time, she was one step ahead with every part of our day. Megan sent out email reminders, checklists, and had awesome suggestions. She definitely made our big day a lot less stressful and was willing to jump in wherever she was needed. Can I get a "Woop woop" for how our pics turned out? We LOVE them!! Both our engagement pics, and wedding pics, turned out better than what we had imagined and we are so happy with them! I don’t know how she did it, but she read my mind. She was able to capture moments I didn’t know I needed, and they are moments that I now treasure deeply. Weddings are super stressful, but I never saw Megan stressed. She knew how to get things done, and always had a smile on her face. She is on-time (early actually), flexible, has GREAT communication, friendly, and has a great eye for gorgeous scenery. Megan definitely took care of us and I plan on using her for events in our future. Thank you Megan! You are a superstar!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you Kara! I am so honored you and Brian trusted me to capture your wedding day. There were so many beautiful moment of the day and it makes me so happy you treasure them!! Thank you so much for choosing me!

Dayna · Married on 04/07/2018

I can't say enough great things about Megan! I actually found her on The Knot six weeks before our wedding! My Husband and I decided to turn out baby shower into a surprise wedding (in six weeks-crazy I know) and Megan and her second assist, Aleson, turned out to be the biggest blessings! Megan turned into a jack of all trades and practically became my Maid of Honor (since we didn't have a bridal party) and literally did above and beyond whatever was needed! She was accommodating and adaptable (it was pouring the days and morning leading up to our shower/wedding) and she wore rain boots and got right down in the dirt for the best pictures, literally! Needless to say, we LOVE the pictures Megan took and the time she spent editing all the pictures is evident. We are looking forward to using Megan again in the future and we highly recommend utilizing her talents and kindness for your special day!

Megan Helm Photography 55
    Sent on 08/23/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH Dayna! Your wedding was a dream, I cannot believe you planned that all in just 6 weeks!! So blessed to have met you both.

Bethany · Married on 03/03/2018

Wow!! What a great experience! Megan is awesome! She is very real, down to earth, fun and flexible to work with and she really goes out of her way to make sure you get what you want!! This girl drove through an extreme snow storm to photograph our wedding and gave us the most breathtaking memories we will cherish forever!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Bethany! Your wedding day was STUNNING! Even though the weather was INSANE we got some amazing shots, and I am so grateful you trusted me to capture this special day. Thank you for choosing me as your photographer!
  • Nereyda

Nereyda · Married on 11/09/2017

Phenomenal Photographer for Maternity Session

We worked with Megan for our Maternity Photoshoot and she did a phenomenal job! She recommended Shaver Lake and we are ecstatic with how the pictures and background turned out. Highly recommend her as a photographer as she will capture every moment during the session. Thanks again for everything-- we truly appreciated working with you!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nereyda! It was so much fun to photograph you and Sean as you guys begin this new chapter in your lives together. Thank you for trusting me with these precious memories!

Joey · Married on 11/04/2017

Great photographer! Very easy going and easy to work with.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Joey for the review! You and Evan are a great couple I can't wait for your wedding in November.

Heather Costa · Married on 08/28/2017

Incredible!

Megan was amazing! She made us feel some comfortable the entire time. Even with it being incredibly hot on my wedding day, our pictures came out better than we could of imagined. You would never be able to tell we were all melting! I’m am truly grateful for that

Megan Helm Photography 56
    Megan Helm Photography 57
    Megan Helm Photography 58
    Megan Helm Photography 59
    Sent on 10/16/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! It was a hot hot day but your wedding was absolutely amazing! Thanks for choosing me to capture your wedding day!

Alyssa · Married on 06/24/2017

Megan was our photographer for our wedding in June 2017 and we could not have asked for a better person. She was so sweet and professional, and got shots from throughout the day that I never would have even dreamed of getting. She was also more then willing to do a "trash the dress" shoot with my husband and I in the ocean, which is going above and beyond for what she needed to do. I would highly recommend Megan to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion. My husband and I love all our photos from her and are still amazed by them every time we see them. Thanks Megan! ❤

Megan Helm Photography 60
    Megan Helm Photography 61
    Sent on 10/04/2018

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you Alyssa so much! I am so thankful that you and Jeff took a chance on me when I was just starting to build my wedding photography portfolio. Weddings are such special days and I cannot thank you guys enough for giving me a chance to capture these photos for you both!!

Brittney · Married on 06/03/2017

I was so happy with both our engagement and wedding photos! I will definitely book again in the future.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Brittney for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful and I cannot wait to watch your relationship grow and capture your lives together.

Monica · Married on 04/29/2017

Megan and her team were amazing! They captured all of the special moments from our big day. She also did a wedding video so that we can always re-live this beautiful day. I cry every time I watch it. Thank you Megan Stone Photography for all that you did!

Megan Helm Photography 62
    Megan Helm Photography 63
    Megan Helm Photography 64
    Megan Helm Photography 65
    Sent on 10/03/2017

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Monica! Your wedding was so gorgeous and I am so grateful you chose me to capture your wedding day!

Anthony · Married on 10/29/2016

Megan is a professional that has a passion for photography. From the first meeting we had with her she was open to all our ideas and we were able to work out an agreement as soon as possible. She has been available every step of the way and has been in contact with us throughout the process. I highly recommend Megan for all your photography needs!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you Anthony & Karissa. Your wedding was great and I am so glad I was there to capture your wedding day story.

Megan has been a joy to work with. It's obvious that she enjoys capturing special moments for her clients. Megan takes the time to get to know her clients to see the things they are interested in to prepare for their session. She was also very easy to work with, anything she does is in the best interest of her client and she is willing to work with clients to help them capture their special moments to look back on forever. I would definitely recommend Megan to anyone who is interested in a photographer for an event.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Hi thank you so much for the review! I always hope my clients feel that they receive the best possible service!

Catherine · Married on 10/24/2015

Megan's photos were awesome. Megan did my daughters graduation pictures and my daughter looked like a star. Megan did such a fantastic job, we had her photograph my sons wedding in Paso Robkes, ca. The pictures were amazing.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thanks Catherine. I have loved working with your family over the years I'm so glad we crossed paths. Hugs!

Bailey Desoto · Married on 09/15/2015

Personable and great photographer !

I decided to give Megan a try after a terrible experience with a local photographer who gave horrible quality photos as well as a terrible customer service experience. I reached out to Megan to ask for advice on how to get out of the contract being that my wedding was only months away. She provided great advice and we were able to break our contract. I then decided to ask Megan to be our wedding photographer after looking through her galleries. She did an amazing job on mine and my husbands engagement pictures so I knew that my wedding pictures would turn out amazing too. At our wedding she went above and beyond to get great photos. A year later my husband and I asked her to do our maternity shoot and once our son was born, our newborn photos too. She was very patient and gentle with our baby in order to get good shots. We love her quality and overall services and plan on using her for all of our photography needs !!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Megan Helm Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Bailey and Robert!! I am so sorry you had to go through an unpleasant experience with your other photographer, but I am glad their contract allowed you to receive a refund since their photos were not at all what their portfolio reflected. And I'm even happier that I was able to live up to your expectations and deliver photos you guys love and cherish. It's an honor to be asked back to capture moments like your maternity and newborn shoots, and can't wait for all the memories to come!