Megan Clouse Photography Reviews

Megan Clouse Photography 7
  • KELLY

Kelly Mead · Married on 12/22/2018

Excellent wedding photographer!!

Megan was very helpful & responsive from our first communication, which was important considering we were planning a California elopement all the way from Ohio. Once the big day arrived, she was very calm throughout and started taking pictures of the small things I never would have remembered. We purchased an elopement package but she was kind enough to drive us off-site to a beautiful back road. The photographs are absolutely stunning; I couldn't be happier and would not want anyone else capturing our most special day except for Megan Clouse!!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Megan Clouse Photography 8
    Megan Clouse Photography 9
    Megan Clouse Photography 10
    Megan Clouse Photography 11
    Megan Clouse Photography 12

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

It was a joy to meet you two! Thank you for the kind words. Now you have somewhere fun to visit year after year for anniversaries!

Madison · Married on 09/29/2018

Megan was the sweetest and easiest photographer to work with. We came to Sonoma for an elopement and it was just my husband and I. She was very accommodating and even helped me get into my wedding dress!! Her work is amazing and she is truly a talented and passionate photographer. We cannot thank her or Farmhouse Inn (for suggesting her) enough. The pictures are beautiful and so is she. Thank you for being a genuinely kind person and super talented photographer. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Megan Clouse Photography 13
    Megan Clouse Photography 14
    Megan Clouse Photography 15

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Madison! I'm so excited you two got to sneak away and have the wedding of your dreams! Your dress, flowers, suit, weather... everything was perfect!

megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Megan is truly Best in Class!

Megan is truly best in class. When I was first looking into a photographer for our wedding day, it seemed a little overwhelming with all of the options & the 'types' of photo-aesthetics there were.

Once I discovered Megan's style and spoke with her on the phone, I knew that I had found our gal. She is extremely patient, organized & creative. She was a joy to be around the entire day, and did a fabulous job at ensuring she got those 'must have' photos her and I discussed about during a call leading up to the wedding.

Megan & her team did an outstanding job at not only capturing all of the big moments on our special day, but also so many little moments that we truly treasure when looking at our photos.

The smiles on our faces when we look at our photos are huge and we just can't thank Megan enough for being there to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Ah... I just loved you and Ben and you were a dream to photograph and get to know! Thank you for the kindest words and for being so lovely. I really hope to follow along on your marriage journey and see you again.

K. · Married on 08/25/2018

Megan is a wonderful wedding photographer. The photos from our wedding are absolutely gorgeous. She somehow seemed to capture every single moment, including a moment where my grandparents were secretly dancing with each other outside the reception space in a dark corner. She was able to capture the authentic, genuine moments of our wedding and that was exactly what I was wanting from a wedding photographer. The turn around time on the photos was a little unreal-- she got everything back to me within three weeks, in addition to sending me multiple little sneak peeks in the days following our wedding. Of all my friends and family that have gotten married, no one has ever had a photographer who was able to provide such beautiful photos in such a short time.

So yes, the photographs were amazing, but more importantly I would recommend Megan for who she is as a person. She was a calm, guiding force on our wedding day, providing answers to the little things I was unsure about like the best way to hold my bouquet, etc. She is extremely organized, professional, and detail-oriented. She was able to step up when other people dropped the ball, and foresee and solve problems before they occurred-- something which I would have NEVER expected a photographer to do, but I greatly appreciated when she did. For example, the wedding coordinator at the resort where I had my wedding had not planned a way to get me from my bungalow to the ceremony space which wasn't walking distance. Megan saw that this detail was overlooked while I was getting ready, called the front desk and arranged a golf cart for me, and it wasn't even an issue for me that day. It was only afterward I realized she had taken the initiative to smooth out what could have been a stressful hiccup. Megan has almost 20 years of experience shooting weddings, and it shows; she made it look effortless, but I know it couldn't have been!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Kathryn!! You are absolutely the best and your words really mean so much to me! You and Ryan were an absolute dream and so wonderful and you made everything so beautiful for me. It was such an honor!

Amy · Married on 08/16/2018

We had a tiny wedding with just 13 people on a Thursday in Sonoma. We knew we had to find the right photographer to accommodate this and blend in with the intimate setting. So happy we were referred to Megan! Not only is she sweet and unassuming but her work is outstanding! We loved every picture and even though we only hired her for 4 hours, she perfectly documented our special day. When I shared the photos with my sister she said she expected the photographer to make the bride look good, but she could not believe how amazing every picture was of each of our guests, even ones who say they are never photogenic! I would recommend Megan to anyone looking for more than just a photographer but also someone you can make a special connection with as they capture your most intimate and memorable moments.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Megan Clouse Photography 16
    Megan Clouse Photography 17
    Megan Clouse Photography 18
    Megan Clouse Photography 19

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Thank you Amy!! I loved our sweet 4 hours together and especially loved your very special handmade gown!!

Camille · Married on 06/16/2018

Megan was spectacular. She was so kind, thoughtful, and talented. Working with Megan was seamless and excellent- she was fast and her photos looked amazing. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Elisabeth · Married on 11/04/2017

I truly feel that it was an honor and a privilege to have Megan as our wedding photographer. She is incredibly talented and her photos speak for themselves--they are stunningly beautiful and natural. Working with her was a joy and I was so impressed with how quickly she got us our photos after the event. I cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Megan was the MVP of our wedding.

Some context: We were originally supposed to be getting married at a private estate/vineyard in Santa Rosa the weekend of the massive wildfires. (It goes without saying, the challenge of dealing with the logistics of my wedding paled in comparison to the devastation happening in wine country.) We decided on Wednesday to move the Saturday wedding to San Francisco for the safety of our guests and vendors.

I would have completely understood if Megan wasn't available given the crisis and the change in location, but she was so helpful in helping us figure out a totally new plan for the photo schedule for the day. She found a new spot for us to do our first look between the hotel we got ready in and the venue, and helped our planner determine the best spot for the ceremony at our new venue (a funky ballroom I'd never been to) via Facetime.

On the morning of my wedding, Megan and Caitlin (who assisted her) arrived at our hotel room and immediately made us feel at ease. She was so calm and warm from the start, despite the stress of an admittedly half-baked plan and lots of moving pieces. She helped answer some silly bride questions (when do I put my veil on?) and helped make sure that my husband, my husband's family, and my family were all on the same page for first look and family portrait schedules before the ceremony.

One of the things I was very adamant about from the start is that I hate super contrived bridal portraits ("OK, everyone look at each other and laugh like something is funny!"). Megan avoided all of that and captured some gorgeous candid moments. During the ceremony and reception, she again made our guests feel comfortable while blending into the background. She helped us make the best of our sunset pictures on Van Ness Ave and kept us laughing throughout the whole thing.

And, it goes without saying, the pictures are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and so full of love. Megan is the best!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Ahhh, I wish I could give you a review!! You handled a very stressful and disappointing situation with so much grace, heart, laughter and joy. It was a beautiful reminder of what is really important in life.
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with Megan! Her photography style was just what we wanted, and our photographs are so beautiful. We really appreciated that Megan made the time to come to our rehearsal to meet our parents, wedding party, and scope the venue around. She also took fun pictures during the rehearsal that are so meaningful to us! Megan is so personable and made us feel so comfortable. Megan was responsive to my questions throughout the planning process, and we received our full digital album faster than we could have imagined (so, so impressed at the turnaround time!). We have no regrets about hiring Megan- everyone is right when they say invest in a great photographer-- it's true, the pictures last and bring back memories of that oh-so-perfect day. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Megan! We look forward to having your capture more memories for us in the future! Love, Tanya and Shawn Cox

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Megan Clouse Photography 20
    Megan Clouse Photography 21
    Megan Clouse Photography 22
    Megan Clouse Photography 23
    Megan Clouse Photography 24
    Megan Clouse Photography 25

Holley · Married on 08/19/2017

I don't even know where to begin! I feel like your wedding photographs are the soul of your wedding. A good photographer either captures all the emotion and nuanced details or you just get basic photos that are a step above stock photography. As such, I scoured and scoured the options, feeling somewhat disappointed in what I found. Finally, a friend recommended Megan (she had secured her for her daughter's wedding), and when I saw her site, I just knew instantly Megan was exactly who we were looking for. Her aesthetic captured what we wanted but then when I started communicating with her, I realized she was a unicorn! Her warmth, knowledge, professionalism and genuine desire to "get it perfect" blew me away. She went above and beyond to find out what we wanted to deliver for us. No detail was left unturned. She was so easy to work with, so flexible and accommodating, but made sure everything was in place to ensure a successful execution. And oh my, what an execution! I am almost brought to tears thinking about all the amazing moments she captured. My husband and I have looked at those photos a hundred times by now and we always say, "Man, Megan did such an amazing job!" She is truly gifted in her craft but the person behind the art is a true gem.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

This is truly wonderful! Thank you for sharing such nice words. It was so much fun being a part of your wedding!!

Andrew · Married on 08/12/2017

Megan did an absolutely AMAZING job as the photographer for our wedding! She captured some of the best moments throughout the entire wedding, from pre-ceremony getting ready, to the dance party during the reception. She stayed very calm throughout the wedding and was extremely efficient; her personality is so easy to work with and has a great personality. Megan was also extremely quick getting back with the final pictures! In fact, that evening she provided a handful of photos and then had a very quick turnaround for all of our photos. We would hands down recommend for a photographer! Not only for a wedding, any event she'd be fabulous.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Best dance party EVER!! And you two were a dream! So much fun, heart and beauty!!

Jaycee · Married on 08/03/2017

Megan is a WONDERFUL photographer!!! She not only captured every sweet moment of our special day, but she helped in every way possible- from sending other vendor recommendations, to helping me get ready at the very last minute. She is the best photographer in the area! Her talent is so natural & beautiful. Just take a look at her website! I HIGHLY recommend her!!! Thank you for everything Megan!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Amber · Married on 06/27/2017

From the minute we contacted Megan, she was warm, understanding, and accommodating for our intimate elopement ceremony. From creating a photography timeline months ahead, to keeping track of our vendors and family members, her organization, professionalism, and lovely demeanor were comforting from the start. She made sure to capture the visions we had in mind and many more we never imagined, thanks to her expertise. Not only is Megan a talented artist with a thoughtful vision for gorgeous photos, but she beautifully catches so many meaningful moments, from candid hugs to perfect portraits. Megan is also a lovely human who is patient, kind, genuine, and calming in the wedding day flurry with her gentle guidance resulting in beautifully flattering photos full of sincere emotion. The hundreds of photos in our gallery so beautifully chronicle our joyful day, and we will treasure them forever. We could not be more grateful to Megan for so perfectly capturing the feelings of the day and the memories in our mind even more beautifully than we remember them. Thank you Megan!!! Love, Amber and Ernie

Sent on 07/10/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

You all were so lovely and it was such an honor! Congratulations!!

Allison · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot recommend Megan enough! She's easy to work with, is accommodating, and is speedy -- we received preview photos the next day and our entire portfolio within 2 weeks. We also have permission to print our photos ourselves, which is unique and incredibly appreciated. All of my wedding guests praised the photos!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Ashey · Married on 04/06/2017

Megan was the photographer for our elopement and she was amazing!! She was incredibly sweet and helped make our special day even better! She is quick to get back to you with any questions and we had our pictures back the same weekend we got married. I highly recommend her if you're looking for a photographer!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Thank you Ashley! You two were so amazing and I'm so happy we had some sunshine and even some rain. It was such a joy to witness something so sweet.

Brooke · Married on 03/17/2017

The most important vendor for your wedding will be your photographer. And if you’re looking for an outstanding photographer, then Megan is your gal. We were so impressed with her artistic creativity, her personality, her experience, and most of all, her ability to capture genuine emotion in every photo. Megan has a talent for photos that are natural, flattering, and most important, classic. I cannot find a single photo in a package of almost 400 that I don’t love. Every photo captures true emotion and throughout the progression of photos, our wedding story is told beautifully. It is clear in the work she produces that Megan takes huge pride in what she does and without a doubt, she is THE BEST at what she does. A huge THANK YOU to Megan for not only contributing to an unforgettable wedding but also for giving us the gift that will keep on giving in years to come! My family and friends haven't stopped talking about how beautiful and gorgeous the pictures came out and how great our photographer was during the wedding. It was the best decision we made having Megan as our photographer. I can never thank her enough!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Brooke, it was an absolute pleasure to capture your marriage to Frank! It was the most perfect and joyful day!

Jamie · Married on 11/11/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Megan!! We had a very small wedding (~20 people), and Megan worked with us from the outset to help us choose a package that fit our needs and budget, and was extremely helpful, warm, and professional throughout the entire process. We opted not to do engagement photos, so we met her for the first time on our wedding day, but she immediately made me feel comfortable and at ease. She took absolutely beautiful landscape photos of the property where we got married (Sea Ranch), and I know we will be framing some of them. The photos of our wedding were absolutely spectacular!! My husband and I were marveling about all the special and candid moments she captured, of us but also of our families. I never once noticed her presence, but based on the photos, she had to have been everywhere. My whole family was raving about her and her photographs. She got us a sneak peek of some of her favorites the day after our wedding, and got me the full album within a week; I don't know how we're going to pick our favorites for an album, because I love every single shot! I wish I had an excuse to hire her for another event, because her photos are stunning. She is truly talented, and such a pleasure to work with; I really cannot recommend Megan enough!!

Sent on 11/20/2016

elizabeth · Married on 10/08/2016

Megan truly made our day! From the moment I first contacted her she was so professional, accommodating and easy going. We first met for a walk through of the property and it was clear she had just the eye and style we were looking for. When it came to our big day I don't know what we would've done without her! She did it all.....told me where to be and when, helped keep me calm and all the while taking gorgeous photos. Megan did an amazing job at keeping track of my husband's and my "complicated" and large families. Two days after the wedding she had already passed on some of her favorite photos and we had our full gallery 2 weeks after the wedding. The gallery was open to all family to download and order. The prints are super reasonable and arrived at my doorstep within 2 days of placing my order. Megan is the best!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2016

Megan was the best! We first met her a year before our wedding, she took our engagement photos! The moment I contacted her she was warm and inviting! Our engagement photos were beautiful! I didn't think anything could top that experience, and then came our wedding! Megan was sooo organized, getting our family portrait list weeks before the big day! We then opted to do a first look photo and the pictures are beautiful.. Megan captured our excitement and happiness in those first photos! Then for family photos she knew who everyone was without us introducing..they were quick and painless :). She then blended in with everyone, took candid shots throughout the night (which are some of our favorites)! Megan captured every moment perfectly! She made sure when we woke up in the morning we had a few sample shots waiting patiently in our email inbox! There is not another option for a photographer, the best is Megan Clouse. I didn't know love could be photographed until I received our photos! And that is all thanks to you, Megan!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/28/2016

Working with Megan was an absolutely wonderful experience. Megan was not only sweet, fun and incredibly supportive but she encapsulated the true meaning of a professional. Taking the time to get to know me, my husband and our families Megan was able to capture the essence of our wedding day in each and every one of our wedding photos. It will be extremely difficult to decide which photos to put into our wedding album as they are all so PERFECT! Thank you so much Megan and we look forward to coming back to Napa Valley and working with you again! You are truly AMAZING!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Emily · Married on 08/27/2016

Megan went above and beyond to make our engagement photo and wedding day dreams come true. She is so loving and caring and that shows through her work. She was amazing to work with while planning the photos and on the day of. She truly cares about what YOU want out of the day and is extremely flexible. And most importantly, the photos are GORGEOUS. Megan you are an artist at heart and we LOVED working with you!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Megan Clouse Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emily!! It really means a lot to me.

Sara · Married on 08/13/2016

Working with Megan was absolutely a DREAM come true! She photographed our wedding rehearsal and wedding this past August at Cinnabar Hills Golf Course in San Jose. She is very organized and detailed in the planning process and really gets to know what type of photos are important to you. She scouted the best locations at our venue to take pictures and made the process so easy and fun! Megan made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day and really knew how to capture all the wonderful moments. She was very thoughtful about making sure we (the bride and groom) were able to enjoy our reception while still making time for amazing sunset photos. We received our photos so quickly (even some the morning after the wedding!) and are in LOVE with them! We have received so many compliments from our family and friends about our gorgeous wedding photos. I would recommend working with Megan to anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Mark · Married on 08/06/2016

Megan is the best photographer we've ever seen. Cannot say enough about her eye, sense of color, composition, creativity, approach, service, personality and results.. The wedding photos are awesome!! Somehow she captured everything, beautifully, without our barely noticing her. And she's an absolute pleasure to work with. We had high expectations, and she exceeded them.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Alex · Married on 07/22/2016

I could not be any happier with our choice in hiring Megan as our photographer for our special day! When I met her, I instantly felt comfortable and I trusted that she would do a great job. On the day of our wedding, she was GREAT at keeping me calm, cool, and collected and she captured every moment beautifully. We are a couple that aren't too comfortable getting our photos taken, but she made us feel so comfortable and got all of our pictures done efficiently, so we had time to enjoy the reception. We received hundreds of photos and are in love with every single one of them. Megan was definitely our favorite vendor we worked with. Thanks for being so awesome Megan!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding photos! Megan was extremely professional throughout the entire process, and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera on our wedding day. She captured our most special moments without us even realizing she was there, which really speaks to her ease behind the camera and talent. She turned around our wedding photos in just a couple short weeks after our wedding, and even sent us some of her favorite shots the morning after our wedding. We would highly recommend Megan to anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2016