Megan Barber Ceremonies Reviews

Megan Barber Ceremonies 6
  • Bryanna

Bryanna Welch · Married on 09/28/2019

Thoughtful and personalized ceremony

Megan was great! We did the personalized packaged (rather than customized) and it was just the right touch. We had some unique touches to our ceremony and Megan took them and ran. The ceremony she wrote for us was absolutely perfect. She took us through 3 drafts until it was exactly what we wanted, and the day of she executed flawlessly. Megan was excellent to communicate with. She emailed us with a list of things to remember (two of which we had forgotten) which was a huge help. I can't tell you how many people approached us complimenting on how beautiful the ceremony was. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Bryanna. I was so moved by your and Dan's presence with the moment during the ceremony, and I loved meeting your friends and family. I'm carrying many warm memories in my heart from your day. Thank you for including me! I wish you both all the very best

Sarah · Married on 09/13/2019

So grateful!

We are so grateful to have found Megan and to have had her as our wedding officiant. She is warm, personable, creative, and SO freaking good at what she does!!

We planned our Ithaca, NY wedding from Washington, DC where we live. Despite the distance, Megan got to know us through phone calls, Skype, and a couple questionnaires. She used those interactions to create a custom ceremony script for us. She gave us opportunities to provide input on drafts. She worked with our other vendors on timing, audio, and logistics. And come the day of the wedding, her facilitation of the ceremony was truly expert, her delivery was flawless, her presence was calming, and she had our guests (and us!) both laughing and crying.

Of all the compliments we’ve received about our wedding, the most have been about Megan’s ceremony. Guests complimented how personal it was, and that they felt like they got to know our story as a couple better. We couldn’t agree more. Not only was Megan an absolute stress-free pleasure to work with, but she was incredibly professional and demonstrated so much care and integrity throughout the process. We are SO appreciative of the time and thought she put into our wedding and we LOVED our ceremony. I cannot recommend her enough, and will absolutely reach out to her again for the life celebrations and milestones that are to come!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you SO much, Sarah! I absolutely loved getting to know you both and it was truly an honor to be your officiant and to celebrate with you and your families. I will always keep you in my heart, and will think of you every time I see a Wegmans cheese plate! :)
  • Megan

Megan Candelaria Feliciano · Married on 07/19/2019

July 2019 Wedding

Megan created a beautiful ceremony and she allowed us to be part of the editing process during its creation. She took the time via phone calls and questionnaires to get to know us as a couple even though we could not meet in person ahead of time. She was even able to craft a bilingual ceremony as my husband's family speaks Spanish. She really did an excellent job at portraying our love story to our friends and family. She also added special moments into the ceremony to make it very personal to us as a couple. We had so many people come up to us after the ceremony and comment on what a beautiful job Megan did. She genuinely cared and made our ceremony something we will never forget. We highly recommend Megan Barber as a wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Megan, I just loved being a part of your wedding and getting to know you and Anthony and your friends and family. It was an honor to marry you, and I wish you both so much love and joy!
  • John

John Harvey · Married on 07/06/2019

Very Happy!

We couldn’t be happier to have chosen Megan. She was so kind, thoughtful, pleasant, personal and professional. She made our special day just perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 7

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, John! It was truly and honor to get to know you and Meg and to meet your family and friends and celebrate with all of you. I wish you both so much love and happiness!
  • Miwa

Miwa Robbins · Married on 07/05/2019

AMAZING! Professional, personable, and easy to work with

Megan was so good! Everyone at or wedding kept saying how wonderful she was and how much they liked our ceremony. She did a beautiful job of weaving together me and my husbands stories into a meaningful, rich, and personalized ceremony. We were planning our wedding in Ithaca, ny from Charleston SC and she made herself very available and even met with us for lunch when we finally landed in town. We felt confident from the beginning that she would be awesome and we weren’t disappointed.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Miwa! I was so happy to work with you and Parker on your ceremony. From crying as I read your questionnaires to smiling through your rehearsal and ceremony, I just loved every minute of being your officiant. Thank you for choosing me :)

Vanessa Conroy · Married on 06/02/2019

Megan made our ceremony very meaningful

Megan did a beautiful job writing and performing our ceremony. We felt like we were in good hands from beginning to end. She tied in our love story and traditions from both Jewish and Christian religions and kept us calm on our wedding day. I would highly recommend her for any celebration ceremony.

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 8
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 9
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 10

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Vanessa! It was so wonderful getting to know you and Greg and being with you through the moments of your wedding. Thank you so much for having me as your officiant!

Stacie · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful experience with Megan

Working with Megan was a joy from start to end. All of the guests were very complimentary of the ceremony as she created a very sweet and personalized ceremony for us and was flexible to deliver exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Cannot recommend her highly enough as she was so warm and caring and this definitely came through at the ceremony. We enjoyed working with her, and truly treasure the memories of our ceremony.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Stacie! I loved getting to know the two of you and celebrating with your families and friends. It was an honor to officiate your wedding, and I wish you both many long love-filled years!

Laura · Married on 10/13/2018

Personalized and professional!

Megan wrote a completely personalized wedding ceremony for us that fully captured our relationship and personalities. Amazingly, she got all the information she need to do this with just a brief Skype call and a couple of questionnaires that my husband and I filled out. As a busy couple, we *really* appreciated how efficient Megan's process was, and thrilled to see her ability to personalize. All reception, people kept asking how long she'd known us, was she one of our close friends, etc. She really "got" us and it showed.

Beyond the ceremony itself, Megan was an absolute professional - she communicated clearly with us, gave us a sense of the timeline, let us see a draft of our ceremony to make edits before hand, and did a ton of behind the scenes work to coordinate the little details that really matter (e.g., calling our DJ to make sure the sound system was going to work for her). Her professionalism really shone through.

We recommend her without question!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura! I loved every part of working with you and Nick, and am grateful that I got to know you. Thanks so much for your kind words. Wishing you both all the very best!

Andrew Silberman · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely perfect

Megan was absolutely phenomenal, and could not have possibly delivered a more personal, charming, and fitting ceremony. She went above and beyond what we ever thought possible for a wedding officiant, and we could recommend her to absolutely anybody.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrew! I so loved getting to know you both and being a part of such a big moment in your lives. Your love for each other and for life is an inspiration. I wish you both the very, very best!

Rachel Conroy · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful and supportive!

My partner and I wanted to write our own ceremony, but didn't know where to begin. Although we had a friend who was going to be our officiant, he didn't know anything about writing ceremonies either.... and that's where Megan came in! We purchased a consultation package with Megan, and we were able to meet with her to learn about how to structure and go about writing our ceremony. She then read our drafts, and offered edits and suggestions. It was SO helpful to have a road map and guidance as we wrote our ceremony - and in the end, we had a ceremony we were super happy with. I have already recommended Megan to any couples I know who are writing their own ceremony. She has such a lovely, supportive energy - I know she's also a phenomenal officiant, and if we hadn't already asked a friend, we absolutely would have hired her to be our officiant as well.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel! I had so much fun getting to know you and your partner and thinking together about your ceremony - it was an honor and joy. Lots of love to you both :)

Lillian · Married on 07/30/2018

It was wonderful to work with Megan for our special day! She was so knowledgeable and professional about the ceremony, and was able to help us answer questions about what was typical, as well as help us to customize the ceremony to our needs. We felt very comfortable leaving that aspect of planning in her hands, and she delivered a sweet, personalized ceremony that was perfect for us! Thanks, Megan!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You are so welcome, Lillian. It was truly and honor to be a part of your wedding and to get to know you and Brian and the way you complement each other so perfectly. Much love!

Ellen · Married on 07/28/2018

We found Megan just four short weeks from our ceremony. After talking with her on Skype, my fiancé and I knew that she was the person that was perfect for us. She shows a calm confidence during the whole process. We filled out a questionare that gave her an insight into us. We wanted to bring a sense of humor to our ceremony and that is exactly what she brought. She took all our suggestions and easily added them to our ceremony. Once we got to the wedding day, our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and we wouldn't have changed a word. Megan's calmness was appreciated by us during a time that could be nerve racking for couples. Choosing Megan to guide you through this life transition will be the easiest choice to make.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Ellen! I absolutely loved being a part of your wedding and learning from you and Gene (I am taking your concept of watering the grass into my own relationship!). Wishing you both all the very best for a long and happy life together.

Mari · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing experience from start to finish! From the very first meeting until after we said goodbye on the wedding day, Megan was the easiest person to work with and was a brilliant craftsperson for our ceremony. The one thing that our guests kept saying over and over was how much they loved the ceremony and how impressed they were at the level of storytelling presented by Megan. With Megan's helpful suggestions to us asking for small elements here and there all along the way, she was able to work with us to make a ceremony that was both short and sweet but also had all the tailored elements we wanted such as cultural greetings from both my husband's background (Irish-American) and mine (Japanese-American). We also loved Megan's suggested readings for the younger kids in our families, and her careful orchestration of a Celtic tradition of physically tying the knot called hand-fasting. Since we had never met Megan in person until the wedding day, we thought the greatest compliment came from a guest who is also an officiant. He asked, "How long have you and Megan been close friends?" He was surprised to learn that we had never met before and that she still captured our ceremony as if she were a lifelong friend.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Mari, thank you so much for your kind words. The feeling is mutual! I loved working with you and Philip, getting to know you and being a part of your wedding day. Thank you for sharing yourselves with me. All best wishes for your life together!

Molly · Married on 06/23/2018

Megan was outstanding! She built a beautiful ceremony for us that was exactly what we wanted. A number of guests said it was the best ceremony they had ever attended-- personal and meaningful. Megan was a joy to work with and easy to communicate with over email, phone, and skype since we were planning our wedding from a distance. Highly Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Molly. You two are so full of love and caring, and it was a complete joy and honor to be a part of your wedding. Congratulations!

VALENTINA · Married on 06/22/2018

We hired Megan to officiate a non-traditional, low-key non-religious wedding and we could not her recommending her more! Megan was a delight to work with. Her professionalism was impeccable at every time, and she was super accommodating even when last-minute changes were required by members of the wedding party. More importantly, her ceremony was incredibly touching and personal. It reflected our values and our stories perfectly, and every single guest commented on how beautiful the celebration was. Thank you for making our day special, Megan!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You are so welcome, Valentina. I was very honored to be a part of your wedding. I loved getting to know you and meeting your friends and family. May you and Matthew have a very long and lovely life together!

Rachelle · Married on 06/09/2018

We had so many guests tell us that our ceremony was the best that they had ever attended. Megan spent so much time getting to know us and wrote the PERFECT ceremony for us. Our guests were crying and laughing and felt included because of the personal storytelling. She did an amazing job!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachelle. I LOVED being a part of your wedding and sharing your sweet story with all your loving family and friends. Thank you so much for bringing me into your lives. Wishing you and your family all the very best!
  • F

Francisco · Married on 01/20/2018

Nancy and I were looking for an officiant that could offer a small non-denominational service in Spanish. We quickly realized Megan was the one for us. She took a personal interest in us right away and was very responsive and customized the service to be just what we wanted. She helped us find the right venue and after considering many options we chose one of her suggestions and we married at our apartment. The ceremony was very moving and we will always remember it.

Sent on 01/27/2018
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 11

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

My dear Francisco and Nancy, it was such a joy to be a part of your wedding. You have such a beautiful love story, and it was a truly an honor to be a part of this next step of your journey together. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you both so much happiness.

Brian · Married on 10/21/2017

Megan was fantastic in every way. She worked with us through the whole process to make sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. She helped us to incorporate a tree planting into our ceremony as requested. She took time to learn about each of us individually and as a couple and how we grew together that lead to us getting married. My mother had a personalized reading she did as well, Megan worked with her directly to work it in. We had multiple friends and family come up to us afterwards and ask where we found Megan, how perfect she was for the ceremony and how she was able to create such a personalized ceremony just for us. She did a fantastic job from start to finish and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for something special and personal to add to an already perfect day!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Megan Barber Ceremonies 12

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Brian! I loved getting to know you and Erica and being a part of your beautiful wedding. Sending lots of love to you both!

Juli · Married on 10/15/2017

We were so happy we found Megan! My husband and I didn't really know what we wanted to do for our wedding ceremony but we filled out a questionnaire and added some of our ideas and Megan pieced it all together beautifully! It was perfect! We were so happy with how our ceremony turned out and would definitely recommend her! She's a pleasure to work with! Thanks again Megan!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Juli! I so enjoyed working with you and Chuck to put together such a personal ceremony. It was a beautiful day and I was honored to be your officiant!

Sara · Married on 10/14/2017

Megan was the best choice we made when planning our wedding, without question. We knew we wanted a very personal ceremony and we immediately connected with Megan from our first Skype chat. After my husband and I completed very detailed questionnaires, Megan wrote a personalized ceremony that was beautiful, sentimental, and also had moments of humor. She captured us perfectly as a couple. She was more than willing to make the small changes we requested and kept us informed every step of the way. On the wedding day, Megan was a calm and reassuring presence and presented the ceremony beautifully. She is a truly gifted writer and is skilled in creating meaningful ceremonies. We are so thankful that she married us!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Sara. I completely loved getting to know you and Greg and your families and friends, and I am so honored to have had the opportunity to be a part of your wedding. The tears and laughter were wonderful - it was a joy of a day. I wish you both so much happiness and strong love. Congratulations!

A · Married on 10/07/2017

Megan was wonderful! We came to her just a few weeks before our wedding not really sure what kind of ceremony we were looking for but she helped guide us in creating a beautiful, personalized ceremony we loved. She was great!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. I loved getting to know the two of you and your families and getting to celebrate at your beautiful farm. Your words of love for each other were so moving. I feel blessed to have been a part of your wedding.

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2017

Megan was absolutely incredible! We first met her when we were still very nervous about wedding planning, and she put us instantly at ease. She was calm and courteous, and she clearly explained to us our options. We decided to have her craft a custom ceremony, and it was the best wedding planning decision we made! Megan sent us detailed questionnaires that helped her get to know us. She passed no judgment, even as we shared embarrassing stories, and she provided a sense of calm throughout the entire process.

Megan got in touch with our DJ and the event coordinator at our venue to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She even worked with our reader to find the perfect reading. She rearranged her schedule so that she could attend our rehearsal. She was very responsive to emails, and we were never left waiting for a response or feeling nervous.

When she sent us the first draft, we could have sworn that Megan had known us for our entire lives. She so beautifully and accurately told our story. She was receptive to any changes we wanted made, and she made creative and thoughtful suggestions when we didn't know what we wanted. For example, she suggested a handfasting for the "unity" portion of the ceremony. Neither of us had even heard of such a thing, but it was absolutely perfect for the uncomplicated and not-too-religious ceremony we envisioned. She wrote beautiful and artful words that made our guests both laugh and cry, and she made sure that we would know exactly what to expect on "the big day."

Most importantly, on the wedding day, Megan was calm and warm, and she put us at ease. She was bright and cheerful, and she made everyone so very happy. Six weeks later, we are still getting compliments from our guests about how personal and so "us" our ceremony was.

We would absolutely recommend Megan Barber to anyone getting married and looking for an officiant who is kind, attentive, creative, and professional!!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Jen! I so loved getting to know you and Sean and hearing your stories. Your wedding was beautiful, loving, and fun, and I was so happy to celebrate with you. I wish you both all the very best always!

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2017

Megan is amazing! She exceeded our expectations and helped us to create a unique and personalized wedding ceremony.

Megan really got to know us as a couple and came up with creative suggestions for us so we didn't have a "cookie cutter" ceremony. It was one that was full of love and incorporated all of our family and friends. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Megan was also very responsive and flexible. A true joy to work with!

Thank you again for everything, Megan!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole. I loved working with you and Drew and getting to know the two of you. It was such a joy to be part of your wedding and to witness your deep love and respect for one another. I wish you both all the very best in your life together!

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

From beginning to end Megan exceeded our expectations. She was responsive, professional, and punctual. Leading up to our wedding, she sent us drafts of our ceremony for us to double and triple check. She worked with us to get the ceremony exactly how we imagined it. On the day of our ceremony she made us feel at ease. The way she incorporated elements of our story into our ceremony and vows made the day even more special. We received many compliments from our guests on how perfect our ceremony was. She really takes the time to get to know her couple and is a genuinely loving and caring person. We would highly recommend her to any couple out there looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah. I so loved working with you and Steven. Your wedding was so much fun - your love and lightheartedness and exuberance were absolutely infectious. I wish you both so much goodness! Thanks again for including me in your glorious day.

Cathy · Married on 08/01/2017

Megan is a wonderful celebrant! Her "elopement ceremony" was exactly what we were looking for: creative and spiritual, yet not elaborate. We are a gay couple who have been together for years and wanted a special celebrant to help us have a "simply perfect" wedding...Thank you, Megan!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Megan Barber Ceremonies's reply:

You are so welcome, Cathy! I loved getting to know the two of you and getting to join with your wonderful community to celebrate your wedding. It was truly an honor!