Meeting House Grand Ballroom Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Christina

Christina · Married on 06/08/2019

Best place ever

This is seriously the BEST place to have your wedding. Todd and Tracy are so amazing and patient--they will bend over backwards for you! Plus, there's so much space and AMAZING food. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Meeting House Grand Ballroom's reply:

Hi Christina,
    Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed working with us, and found the process accommodating. We will let the chef know that you enjoyed the food. We hope you have great memories from your special day here.
    -The Meeting House Staff
  • Nashaira

Nashaira · Married on 08/04/2018

MHGB was absolutely AMAZING! The venue itself was stunning. The hard wood floors, fireplace, high ceilings, lighting, chandeliers, and piano made for such a beautiful evening. We also loved how easily the space could be reconfigured for different layouts to match the vibe of our wedding and reception (as we had our ceremony and reception here).

The bar and food were excellent and people were raving about how good the food was (which is no easy feat for weddings). The hors d'oeuvres even got many positive comments. Everyone from Todd and Tracy to the bartenders to the wait staff were super hospitable, helpful, and wonderful and worked together to ensure that everyone felt taken care of.

Todd and Tracy are the dream team and we could not have imagined our day going as smoothly as it did without them. They are super responsive, kind, flexible, and empathetic. It feels like you're working with family when you're in their hands. Before the wedding, they coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure everyone was in the right place at the right time and knew what they were supposed to be doing. Once we got to our day, they thought of and prepared for everything so that on our wedding day we didn't have to worry about a single thing. They even thought to have food and cake wrapped up for us for later in case we didn't get to eat during the festivities of the evening. Our wedding and reception was absolutely perfect and we have no doubt that much of that can be attributed to how thoughtful and professional Todd and Tracy were. We cannot thank Todd and Tracy enough for their role in making our day perfect!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Wow, truly amazing! Both Tracy and Todd were great to work with. The food was fabulous, I can't even count how many people commented on that. And the venue itself is just beautiful. The hardwood floors, chandeliers, piano, fireplace, and everything else just seemed to fit into the experience. And just a few days before the wedding we had a change in the wedding party but Tracy assured us that everything was ok and she would be happy to make the change for us at the last minute. I would recommend them to everyone!!!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Nicole · Married on 03/11/2017

I wish that I could give 6 stars for working with Todd and Tracy! My big day was perfect largely because of the MHGB. The people, the flexibility, the price and most of all THE FOOD. It was all incredible. I strongly encourage you to check this place out and give them a chance to wow you with their experience in this business. They helped me think of everything and made sure that my wedding night was one that I'll never forget.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Rachel · Married on 02/25/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at the Meeting House and it was a great experience! The food was excellent, the service was great, and they were accommodating. We didn't have any issues during our planning - they made some excellent recommendations for linen rentals and seemed to work great with the rest of our vendors. They diligently made sure everything was going okay during our wedding and were very attentive. Great venue, EXCELLENT FOOD, and a great value.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 02/18/2017

I don't even know where to start. Todd and Tracy were simply the best. They were always friendly and willing to accommodate us when we wanted to meet with them. They let us sample appetizers, salad dressings, and some sauces. The food was amazing!!! We went with the prime rib, and we couldn't have been happier. Everyone raved about how good the food was, and how pretty the venue was. Tracy was at our wedding the entire time, and she always kept us informed of what was going on. She made sure we were satisfied, and that we enjoyed ourselves. Tracy sent out e-mails to all of our vendors the Monday before our wedding to make sure everyone knew what to expect on the day of our wedding. Overall, we were very pleased with how our reception turned out, and we couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2016

Choose the Meeting House was the best decision I made throughout the wedding process! Tracy and Todd truly care about your wedding day - you will not be dissapointed. They stay there the ENTIRE time to make sure everything is going smoothly, all the way till the last guest walks out the door. The venue is gorgeous so your photos will turn out amazing. Also, the food is amazing... the biggest compliment I keep getting on my wedding day is that everyone loves the food!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/03/2016

We had a wonderful wedding reception at the Meeting House! Tracy and Todd were very receptive to any questions and were quick to respond via email! I loved that as soon as we entered Todd had hors devours coming our way (I was definitely hungry after the ceremony and pictures, so this seemingly little detail made a huge difference)! The decorations looked stunning and everyone commented on how wonderful the food tasted!

I would definitely recommend them for your wedding reception!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Emily · Married on 08/29/2015

My husband and I got married at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom this passed August 2015 and cannot say enough good things, as well as continued rave reviews from guests! Tracy and Todd and the rest of the staff at the Meeting House made the entire experience so incredibly enjoyable. From the first meeting to the final exit Tracy and Todd were - friendly, respectful, helpful, attentive, responsive and incredibly kind to say the least. They fielded phone calls, emails and many may questions from myself, and parents of the bride and groom. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding the venue was beautiful. It exceeded every expectation and with much help from the entire staff at the Meeting House my wedding was as cliche as it sounds. The best day of our lives!

The space was incredibly large and laid out in a very cool way, the high ceilings and wood floods with grand piano and fire place made it such cozy, beautiful venue for our wedding day!

I would recommend the Meeting House to anyone looking for a venue in the metro Detroit area.

- Happy Bride! :-)

Sent on 10/05/2015

Paige · Married on 08/14/2015

Tracy and Todd are amazing. The meeting house is the most accommodating, nice, and pleasant wedding venue to work with. Their impeccable attention to detail and love of their craft really shows. The food could not have been more delicious and the drinks were spot on. This is the wedding venue to book in Metro-Detroit. We could not have asked for a better wedding and we are so happy to have the meeting house be a part of it!

Love,
    Jake and Paige

Sent on 08/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

I can not say enough great things about The Meeting House. Our wedding day was the most amazing day ever and a lot of that is owed to Todd and Tracy of The Meeting House. I still have wedding guests tell me how our wedding reception was the best one they've ever been to. From our first planning meeting to all the planning discussions we had over the year ,down to the final week of, Todd and Tracy were available and accommodating. I had a very specific vision and they did absolutely everything they could to help make that a reality. They went above and beyond to help me plan, organize and come up with ideas. Tracy even took on the task of coordinating with all my vendors the week of so I didn't have to hire a wedding planner. They were not only reception venue owners, but planners, coordinators and decorators. I couldn't believe when Tracy said she'd handle setting up all my table decorations the day of. Most venue's ask you hire a planner to come in and do that. This extra willingness to help immediately alleviated a majority of the wedding planning stress and extra costs. On the day of, they were so kind and helpful. They met the groom, myself and our wedding party before our grand entrance with food and drinks so we could enjoy some snacks that we missed by not being at our guest's cocktail hour. Throughout the night they were constantly at our side filling our drinks and making sure we didn't need anything. They were also great with the vendors, keeping everything organized and on track. And the food...OH MY GOSH, it was hands down the most incredible wedding food I've ever had. My guests are still raving about it. I wish I had time to eat more. The stuffed chicken and beef were perfectly cooked. From start to finish, I have not a single bad thing to say about Todd, Tracy or the Meeting House. Everything was beyond perfect. Thank you for giving me the fairy tale wedding I've always dreamed of!

Sent on 10/22/2015

The owners here are really invested in the events....it's family owned and run , and the pride they take in doing a great job
    is evident. They've been very patient with my many phone questions , and very accomodating ! At the wedding itself, I
    was able to totally relax and enjoy it...I knew that Tracy and Todd would handle it beautifully . Everyone raved about the
    elegance of the ballroom, the food, the bar, etc. Two people attending each decided to use this venue because of the
    service at the wedding. I will recommend this place to everyone I know

Sent on 05/01/2015

Courtney · Married on 12/20/2014

We chose the Meeting House Grand Ballroom for our wedding on December 20, 2014. We can't say enough good things about it!!! Everything was perfect. Tracy and Todd were so easy to work with- they were so friendly, accommodating, and very flexible when our guest count was lower than anticipated. They included some extras (late night snacks, lower guest count, and liquor from a different bar package to help with our signature drinks) and made the entire planning process easy and stress-free. All of our guests raved about the food and drinks and continue to tell us how beautiful the venue was!! Looking at our pictures I am so happy with how everything turned out and I couldn't have asked for a better venue for our reception. It was unique, didn't feel like a typical wedding venue, and was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend the Meeting House for anyone starting the planning process. It was by far the best decision we made!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Lynne · Married on 08/30/2014

Our daughter's wedding reception was held at The Meeting House Grand Ballroom. What a wonderful venue. From our very first visit (when checking out many reception venues), to the actual event; the staff at The Meeting House made us feel very comfortable and at ease. There was no pressure to do anything their way - they gave us ideas, and provided many options. There were so many wonderful samples when the bride and groom were choosing their menu options - and day of, oh my gosh! We heard from many guests that the food was "the BEST food they had ever had at a wedding!" Honestly, the food is awesome. A week later we are still hearing about how wonderful it was!

In addition to the awesome tasting food, the service was excellent. Both Tracy and Todd were there for the entire night - making sure all was going smoothly. The staff serving in the ballroom, as well as at the bar were friendly, highly professional and very efficient. We had guests comment to us that they were very impressed with the service. We had the "Butlered HORS D’OEUVRES " and the guests were blown away with the constant care and variety they were offered. One guest told me he had been to 2 other weddings within the past month or so, and he wanted to let us know, "our wedding had the most beautiful venue, and best food ever!"

We highly recommend this venue and wish we had more opportunities to utilize their services. It was very refreshing to work with people that were professional, but made you feel like you were the only ones that mattered at any given moment!

Kudos to Tracy and Todd and their staff! As I already told them - I wish we could go there for dinner on a regular basis!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Judith · Married on 07/19/2014

We had our wedding reception here and loved the entire experience! I know I'm biased but they are the BEST in terms of service, price, quality...the list could go on and on. We are still getting compliments on the service and the food. Everyone raved about the food. They were very accommodating and professional with the menu, asking if we needed dietary modifications for any guest. We had been told that they are very strict about their schedule for the event, but really they worked with us so that we could put things in the order we wanted and the schedule meant that all of our food was served quickly, warm, and without any drama.
    The venue is gorgeous. From the outside you would think it is just a business building, but inside there is history, architecture, and a fun space that needs little decoration. We would definitely recommend this venue for anyone looking for event space.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Paula · Married on 05/03/2014

Incredible! It was so wonderful working with Randy, Mary & Tracy of the Meeting House Grand Ballroom. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful & the food was AWESOME. Nothing is worse than bad wedding food, so we were super happy with how everything turned out. We've had so many of our guests compliment the wedding by telling us that it was the best wedding food they've had! The staff all always available to answer any questions & work with you to achieve your vision for your big day. From seating charts to the day-of schedule, I always felt like someone was working to make sure that everything went perfect. We are beyond happy with having our wedding at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Meeting House was amazing! It's been three weeks since my wedding, and people are still telling me how great the food was, how beautiful the room was, etc. Randy and Mary are wonderful people.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Renee · Married on 10/13/2013

My husband and I had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom on October 13, 2013. We had a perfect day thanks to Mary and Randy. They are extremely organized during the planning process and they are hands-on during the wedding. They think about little touches that other venues wouldn’t notice and go above and beyond for their clients. I had people coming up to me all night raving about how great the food was and how excellent the service was. If I could do my wedding all over again, I would choose the Meeting House every time. I can’t say enough positive things about them!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Barbara · Married on 04/06/2013

Our experience was AMAZING! We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Randy and Mary were so easy to work with and extremely knowledgable on the wedding industry. They helped to keep us organized and prepared us for everything (down to the little details ). They were both there the night of the wedding. I even saw them pouring champagne and serving guests. I truly feel that they provide a level of service that is rare in this day and age. The venue is beautiful and unique, needing very little additional decor. Guests complimented us on food, service, and overall character of the venue. I couldn't imagine celebrating anywhere else, it truly is the perfect place to host a wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 02/09/2013

The Meeting House Grand Ballroom was wonderful .....it was truly a fairytale wedding. The food was outstanding every guest couldn't say enough wonderful things about the food. I had guests tell me it was the best "wedding food" they had ever had" The servers were professional, attentive and extremely polite. The owners were so attentive to every need the groom or I had plus our guest. They definitely made our a wedding a night to remember!!!

Sent on 02/12/2013

Leslie · Married on 03/24/2012

I loved my venue!!!!!!! It was such a unique space. I didn't feel like I was walking into a typical hall with no character. Mary and Randy were a delight to work with. They knew exactly what they were doing and the were at my wedding all day to make sure everything went perfect. The food was amazing! Everyone complimented on how good the food was and what a cool venue it was. Thank you for making my day so special. I would recommend this venue to future brides

Sent on 04/13/2012

Bonnie · Married on 07/01/2011

Wonderful location, beautiful. Allowed us to come in during week to decorate tables. Delicious food, guests raved about it. Wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Kristen · Married on 04/09/2011

Randy and Mary made our reception magical!! They were so organized and detailed during the planning stages, I was not surprised when our reception was flawless! Our wedding was over a month ago and we are still receiving compliments about how wonderful the food was! Everything from the Prime Rib Carving Station to the Mac and Cheese was out of this world!! Randy and Mary didn't lose sight of us all night, always making sure to get us anything that we may need.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Betsy · Married on 07/17/2010

Absolutely AMAZING!! Mary and Randy are wonderful people that have the best reception hall! The food was delicious, the service was top notch, and the hall itself was gorgeous! I wish I could get married again, just so I could have another reception at the Meeting House. I would highly recommend the Meeting House to anyone and everyone getting married! =)

Sent on 07/20/2010