Meagan Emilia Photography Reviews

Meagan Emilia Photography 7
  • Caylin

Caylin Quatromoni · Getting married on 05/09/2020

The Best Ever!

My husband and I had an amazing time having our wedding photos taken by Meagan! We warned her before the wedding that we both hate having our photos taken, but that was not an issue at all. She made us feel comfortable and I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time, which made our photos looks incredibly natural. The photos turned out beautiful, and I get the feeling that Meagan works great with just about everyone!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Take me back to last September!! So much fun with the two of you and the most perfect fall day. Thank you so much for trusting us to take your photos!! It was incredible to meet you and Sam! :)
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Brody · Married on 07/14/2019

Meagan is the best!

Meagan was the best to work with. She is so calming and authentic, which we really appreciated. Taking pictures for that long can be daunting, but we had such a good time and a lot of laughs. She has a great eye and seems to be everywhere all at once. Every time I was thinking, “this would be a great moment to capture”, Meagan was right there capturing it!! I was so impressed, and it allowed me to truly relax and know that nothing will be missed. THANK YOU MEAGAN YOU MADE OUR DAY SO EASY AND FUN!!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 8

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Ahhh thank you Alex!! You and Matt were so much fun to work with!! And so so so happy to hear you felt comfortable enough to relax and truly be in the moment on your wedding day. That's what it's all about!! :)

Liz Taddei · Married on 12/07/2018

First and Best Vender I called after getting engaged!

Meagan was the absolute best decision to have as part of our special day and she was the first person I called after getting engaged to see the dates she was free to do our wedding the following year. I had been in a wedding the prior year that she did and she made the whole experience, comfortable, fun and relaxed. As you know weddings are very stressful and to have someone with her genuine, real vibe was exactly what we were looking for. We had Meagan shoot our engagement pictures, rehearsal dinner and wedding. The pictures came out incredible and it was so comfortable and easy to work with her. Looking forward to creating a photo album before she gets busy with 2019 weddings. Meagan will be one of the best decisions for you to make on your special day! Thank you, Meagan!

Sent on 03/05/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 13
    Meagan Emilia Photography 14

Chrissy H · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely wonderful photographer!!

From the moment I reached out to Meagan to photograph my wedding, she has been such a pleasure to work with! She is so professional and always available whenever I had a question to ask. Her sweet personality made us feel very comfortable taking pictures whether it was our engagement pictures or the actual wedding day. Her style is amazing and you will fall in love with every picture she captures! I highly recommend her as a photographer as you will be extremely happy with the special moments she captures on your most special day!!

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 15
  • Celeste

Celeste · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I don't think there is just one way to describe how amazing our experience with Meagan was. My husband had gone to school with her and mentioned me to her when we were looking for photographers. The minute I sat down and really took a look at her website I knew Meagan was who I wanted to work with. From the colors in every photo to every small detail. And I especially liked that not every photo was staged. When we met with Meagan the first time, she really took the time to let us ask as many questions that we had and took so many notes. You could tell that really cared for her client (but honestly I didn't feel like a client at all, we felt like friends). One photo that I expressed to Meagan I really wanted, was to see my husbands reaction when I walked down the aisle. I cried when I saw the ones she took of him. It was just perfect. The day of the wedding Meagan and her assistant showed up early and were ready in no time to take photos. All I can say is everything was just amazing and easy. When we got the photos recently we were hanging out with two of our best friends (who recently got engaged) and we couldn't believe how amazing each and every photo was. All I can say is thank you Meagan for making this experience just perfect.

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 20
    Meagan Emilia Photography 21

Samantha · Married on 10/07/2018

Meagan is a must!

I remember feeling so giddy when Meagan first responded to our wedding inquiry. I had been following her on Facebook long before my husband and I were engaged and I could only hope that one day she would be the one behind the camera on our wedding day. Meagan thought of every little detail to ensure that our wedding day went smoothly and was on schedule. We sent her countless questions and requests leading up to our wedding, and she certainly did not disappoint. She made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Meagan is professional and reliable, and her talent is truly amazing. We could not be happier with our experience working with Meagan!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Molly

Molly Kellogg · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding photographer

Not only do we love all our wedding photos but we had so much fun doing it! Meagan makes the whole process fun and easy. Not only is she super talented, but super kind as well. Happy to recommend her to any and all engaged couples!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 22
    Meagan Emilia Photography 23
  • Katy

Katy Guidi · Married on 08/24/2018

Fairytale wedding photographer

I do not think I have all the words to describe how incredible Meagan's photography work is, and how awesome she herself is. My husband does not love taking photos but Meagan got him comfortable enough to get the most incredible engagement and wedding photos. She captured every moment of our big day, every emotion, every detail. Friends and family cannot stop asking who our photographer was. Meagan responded promptly to every email I sent. She is professional but also knows how to have fun and be real with her couples. We could 100% be ourselves with her and just be comfortable being us. Nothing felt posed or fake. Everything was real in the moment emotions. After our engagement photos my husband even said he had fun! After the big day is said and done the one thing you have forever to relive the memories is your photos so DO NOT skimp on the budget for them. Our wedding photos are stunning and we feel so lucky to have found Meagan. SHE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Katy you are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much for the super kind review. I feel like the luckiest to have met you and Joe and been able to be there for you to capture your day
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/18/2018

The best photographer there is, period.

Where to start... Meagan is absolutely AH-MAZ-ING. Period. Searching for a photographer wasn’t a search at all. A close friend used Meagan as her photographer for her wedding and the minute I saw the photos I immediately said “I want HER!!” There was no question! When we met her for our engagement shoot it was so natural. She’s so down to earth, friendly, knowledgeable and comfortable to be around. She has the most skilled eye for a beautiful shot. She offered so much advice and guidance throughout the planning process. When the big day came, it was like having a good friend there, and it put me at ease knowing that she’d get all the dream-worthy photos I’d seen on Pinterest and Instagram (because she rocks). One less thing to worry about for me! She and her assistant photographer were so organized with orchestrating the first look, wedding party and family photos. She has such a calm and confident presence that it’s easy to get those natural and candid shots (which are some of the best ones in my opinion). Everyone we’ve shown our photos to was absolutely floored at how gorgeous they were. The lighting is perfect, focus is perfect, everything in her photos is perfect. The photos are an absolute DREAM! All of them are magazine-worthy and just stunning. I also used Meagan for a boudoir shoot and while I was nervous at first, that quickly faded away because again, it’s like a friend being there. She’s so easy to get along with and laugh with, and that makes the entire process so much easier. The photos came out GORGEOUS (as if I’d expect anything else from her) and needless to say the hubby loved them! If you’re still looking for a photographer, stop right here. I’m 1000% confident that Meagan is the BEST wedding photographer there is, and you will not regret choosing her!!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 32
    Meagan Emilia Photography 33

Katharine · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful Wedding Photos

Meagan traveled for my wedding in the Rocky Mountains. I asked her specifically to come because I knew how great her work is. She was a great photographer, dealing with setbacks such as rain that left her stranded at the top of the gondola while the rehearsal happened at the base and the golf course guy shooing us out of an amazing spot and took it all in stride with a calm assurance. She is the best and we couldn’t be happier with our photos!

Sent on 01/29/2019
    Meagan Emilia Photography 34

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Ah, thank you Katy!! It was the BIGGEST pleasure and most fun to travel to CO and celebrate with you in the beautiful mountains. You are so lucky to call that place home! We had the best time with you guys out there and are so happy for you :)

Vanessa · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing work!

Meagan is not only super talented but she is so easy to work with. We loved all of our pictures, and found it hard to pick out ones we loved most because there were SO many! I highly recommend Meagan to any couple that is looking for engagement/wedding pictures. I know I will be using her for family photos in the future! Thanks again, Meagan!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 35
    Meagan Emilia Photography 36
    Meagan Emilia Photography 37
    Meagan Emilia Photography 38
    Meagan Emilia Photography 39

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Ahhh thank you so much Vanessa! You are Ryan were amazing to work with and I feel like I gained a couple of friends :) xoxo!

Holly · Married on 06/24/2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! Where do I even begin!? Meagan was the best vendor choice I made for my entire wedding (and all my vendors were phenomenal but Meagan really stands out)! First things first my wedding photos belong in a magazine! She did an absolutely incredible job. She understands how to grab the most beautiful angles, capture THE most romantic shots, and best of all she truly captures just how magical my husband makes my world and how happy we are together! I was sad about the weather the day of my wedding, foggy and cloudy, but in my pictures YOU CANT EVEN TELL! She makes us glow, makes the background beautiful and truly sets the scene in the pictures for the way my heart felt that day, just glowing! On top of her being a phenomenal photographer she goes above and beyond! My husband and all his grooms men went surfing the morning of our wedding day and she went to take pictures of them just for fun. Those are pictures my husband will absolutely cherish forever! Another huge plus is she makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera which was very important to my husband and I! If you don’t book with Meagan I am sorry but you are truly missing out! Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is so fun and professional to be around, you just feel like your hanging out with another one of your friends! My husband and I will cherish our pictures forever! I honestly cannot stop looking at them! Book with her and she will give you beautiful memories to last a lifetime!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2018

Meagan is the best! Not only is she incredibly talented but she was so organized and professional start to finish. She thought of everything so we didn't have to. From getting to know our wedding party by name, to making sure our vision and personalities were captured on film, Meagan didn't miss a detail. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and behind the scenes, I truly couldn't recommend her more!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

I have zero idea how I found Meagan's work, but it was during a day where I was emailing a bunch of photographers for quotes. Meagan followed up a few weeks later (literally the only vendor who did this) to check-in and we started chatting. I knew I liked her style so we set-up an in-person meeting. My fiance and I were smitten from the moment we met her. It was important to us that the person who captured our photos was someone we felt comfortable with and Meagan seemed like someone we'd be friends with from the get go.

We booked our engagement photos with Meagan in Newport, RI and took them in September 2017. She was professional, but so much fun. To keep it light, she would ask us to tell her stories and fun facts and you can see how much fun we were having in the photos. She truly went above and beyond to capture our engagement and the photos were GORGEOUS.

I also booked a boudoir shoot with Meagan as a gift for my fiance. She came to our apartment which I loved as I felt it made the photos even more personal. Boudoir shoots are obviously intimate, but after the engagement session, I was super comfortable with Meagan and she made the session very low-key and easy. The pictures were gorgeous and my fiance was thrilled with the book I put together.

For the wedding, Meagan was so thorough. She provided a very detailed survey for us to fill out and when I checked in with my other vendors, they all told me she had reached out to coordinate. I was so impressed by her ability to take charge. The day of, she was able to help coral the group (not an easy feat) along with her co-shooter. Then the photos themselves are absolutely breath-taking. We got emotional looking at them as they're so gorgeous and she was able to capture all the fun, sweet, and funny moments.

Through this entire process, Meagan was so accessible and wonderful to work with. We can't wait to use her for future family shots!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2017

Meagan was hands down the best vendor of our whole entire day! Her easy-going and fun personality made taking photos super comfortable and really a delightful experience. I come from a large family with big personality and she handled it like a pro making sure every shot was captured in a timely manner while not making us feel rushed at all (magic!). Her and her assistant were absolute ROCKSTARS!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 40
    Meagan Emilia Photography 41
    Meagan Emilia Photography 42
    Meagan Emilia Photography 43

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

The best advice we got was to find a wedding photographer that we'd be happy spending our wedding day with (you spend A LOT of time with your photographer). Meagan certainly fit the bill, as she was absolutely phenomenal. After looking at dozens of photographers in the southern New England area (our wedding was at the Glen Manor in Portsmouth, RI), we were most impressed by Meagan's website and portfolio. We reached out to her and quickly set up a call where she thoroughly explained her process to us. We were immediately impressed by her professionalism, friendliness, and attention to detail. We wanted to have our engagement shoot near our home in New York, so she happily obliged and made the long drive down to us! The engagement pictures turned out great, and during the shoot, Meagan made it a priority to have the experience be easy and fun for us. As we got closer to our big day, it was really easy to communicate with her. She let us know what to expect, and together we worked on the wedding day timeline. Thanks to the engagement shoot, we were super comfortable with her and her colleague Jackie (the second wedding photographer) on our wedding day. In fact, the entire wedding party had a great time getting their pictures taken by Meagan. And wow, were the wedding photos beautiful!! We received many compliments on the photos, and we were thrilled that Meagan captured our wedding day so well.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2017

From the first moment we met Meagan we knew she was the perfect photographer for us! She went out of her way to meet us in advance so that we could develop the right game plan for our big day! Getting to see how easy going and comfortable in her role Meagan is made being in front of the lens so much easier! She was more than willing to work with us in our, now— seemingly less popular, choice of waiting to first see each other as I made my way down the aisle! Choosing to go the traditional route, we created more of a time crunch to get the photos we wanted yet Meagan made it all so easy. Her professionalism, timeliness and skill allowed us to take in every moment of our day without worrying that we would miss something important. When we saw our final photos we were in awe, each one better than the last. Meagan made sure all of the little details we put time into were not missed and being reminded of them all through her beautiful work slowed time down for us and gave us a glimpse back to the best day of our lives. I can without a doubt say that if you were sparked by her body of work do not hesitate to reach out. You’re making one of the best decisions you could make!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 44
    Meagan Emilia Photography 45
    Meagan Emilia Photography 46
    Meagan Emilia Photography 47
    Meagan Emilia Photography 48
    Meagan Emilia Photography 49

alison · Married on 10/21/2017

Meagan photographed my October 2017 wedding and in one word, she was AMAZING! She was extremely responsive during our initial communications and very professional. Leading up to the wedding I had questions and she was more than helpful in responding to them. Our pre-wedding meeting helped so much in our planning and was one of the main reasons everything ran so smoothly the day of. My husband and I did not want a ton of staged/posed photos, rather looking to more capture the overall emotion of the day. Meagan understood this completely and she and her second shooter captured this perfectly. While we have our classic beautiful portraits, there are so many photos that are of us and our guests in the moment and I couldn't love them more. I have heard from several guests at my wedding that you didn't even realize she was there. She was discreet at all points of the day, but still managed to capture amazing photos.
    Her delivery of the photos was very prompt and abundant, and beautifully done. I have heard nothing but amazing things about my photos and I could not agree more. They are gorgeous!

All in all I would 100% recommend Megan Emilia Photography. Her quality of work and professionalism were beyond what I expected, and I was so pleased all around.

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 50
    Meagan Emilia Photography 51
    Meagan Emilia Photography 52
    Meagan Emilia Photography 53
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2017

I️ can not say enough good things about Meagan! We did a lot of research before booking our wedding photographer and all of her work was exactly what we were looking for. She was so easy to work with and her attention to detail makes such a difference in capturing every emotion and moment of such an important day. We got our pictures back so fast, and it’s like reliving the day all over again. I️ truly love every picture she took!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Justine · Married on 09/23/2017

Meagan Emilia Photography helped to make my wedding day perfect. Meagan has such a warm and outgoing personality you can't help but feel comfortable around her. On the day of the wedding I had a special request- I HAD to have photos on top of a hay bale. Meagan was very accommodating and helped to make those photos come out exactly how I had imagined. My husband and I highly recommend choosing Meagan Emilia Photography for your big day!

Sent on 04/05/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 54
    Meagan Emilia Photography 55
    Meagan Emilia Photography 56
    Meagan Emilia Photography 57

David · Married on 09/09/2017

Meagan was amazing! She was able to do our wedding in Newport and travel to do our engagement shoot in NYC. She is extremely professional and produces amazing work. I am very glad we chose her for our wedding and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/18/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 58

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2017

Meagan did an amazing job with our wedding. My husband and I didn't have a lot of time before the wedding, and Meagan was incredibly flexible for us, and was always very responsive. We did an engagement session with her, which was very helpful to prepare us for the wedding day (plus, I love the pictures!). As the day got closer, Meagan made sure to schedule a time to speak with us and ask us all the right questions so that we were on the same page and everything went smoothly. The day of, Meagan arrived right on time and navigated the craziness of the room we were in to get all the picture of the dress, etc. and my mom helping me get dressed.

We did a first look at Beavertail, and Meagan picked a perfect spot on the rocks. The pictures are truly unbelievable. She also did an awesome job with the pre-wedding portraits. She was efficient and got all the pictures in with time to spare. Also, if you have children involved, Meagan is your gal. We had four kids, ages 5 months to 6 years, and somehow Meagan had ALL of them smiling in almost every shot. We both have big extended families, and Meagan was incredibly patient in herding people to get the family pictures done. Throughout the day and night, Meagan also made sure to gently remind us of pictures we had on our list but that we hadn't gotten to in the excitement of the day.

During the reception, Meagan seemed like she was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I'd see her out of the corner of my eye, but they were never in the way. From the pictures, its obvious they were paying attention to what was happening and capturing all the fun people were having.

And of course, the pictures are amazing. Truly more than we could have imagined. We didn't want a lot of staged photos, and Meagan really captured us in so many candid shots that show how happy we were. Also, Meagan is just a really cool and laid back person, which makes it feel like you are chatting with a friend. I would recommend Meagan to anyone!

Sent on 01/07/2018
    Meagan Emilia Photography 59

Allison · Married on 08/18/2017

Meagan was so amazing to work with in every aspect of our wedding planning and on the day of! Despite rain changing our photo plans, Meagan was flexible and accommodating! She provided great suggestions for other vendors and ideas! Her work is gorgeous and I was so glad we had her there for our special day!

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/01/2017

First of all, I have known Meagan since we were probably 10 years old.She's always been such a sweet and amazing individual.After college, I started to see her work at fellow classmates weddings and once I started following her on social media, I saw all the amazing work she did for anyone she came into contact with in whichever fashion.When my fiancé and I first were engaged, I started researching vendors and I knew a photographer would be one of the first vendors that we booked.I knew we wanted something different and unique, but I also knew we wanted someone who we connected with on a personal level.I found an out of state photographer, as I feel in Vermont I'd be forever comparing our photos to our friends, but I started to realize their unfamiliarity with the area, and many other variables, would be a potential problem.I started to realize that the perfect option was right under our noses.Meagan, although she had done many of our classmates weddings, was SO talented it didn't even matter. I knew she would make our day unique and capture the entirety of our vision.From the moment I contacted her again, I knew we had made the right decision. Our engagement shoot was SO fun!My, now, husband doesn't love being photographed, so we met at one of our favorite local breweries and Meagan just captured the most organic shots of "us".It was a lovely way for her to get to know what worked for us and what didn't and it was so relaxed, we almost forgot she was there!Every interaction with Meagan was a dream. It was efficient and reassuring that we made the right decision and I knew we were in good hands.Over the 13-14 months that we were contracted before our wedding day, I knew Meagan and her team were going to be 110% accountable. Sure enough, we are ECSTATIC. The review is cutting me off so I have to stop gushing, but I will end with this--when your photog makes you feel every emotion from your big day when you go through your images, you have made a priceless decision!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Katie · Married on 06/23/2017

When I came across Meagan Emilia Photography her website blew me away, but then when I spoke with her on the phone I knew she was going to be our wedding photographer! Meagan was professional, kind, organized and we left our first meeting thinking we gained a friend!
    Meagan was extremely accommodating and she reached out to me to schedule meetings, I never had to ask! She drove an hour to meet me at my photo location spots just to scope it out before the big day. She is truly talented and amazing at what she does!
    After the wedding we received many sneak peeks, starting the day after the wedding! We received our photos about two and a half weeks later! We were so happy with how they came out, she captured all the special moments and more and they are better than we could have imagined!
    Meagan is overall just a great person and you can easily tell she loves what she does. We are extremely happy with the service and quality of our wedding photos. We would highly recommend anyone and everyone we know to use Meagan Emilia Photography and will be hiring her again for future needs.
    Thank you Meagan for your hand in making our day AMAZING!

Sent on 07/22/2017