Meagan Emilia Photography Reviews

29 | Providence, RI

29 Reviews for Meagan Emilia Photography

29 Meagan Emilia Photography Reviews

Holly · Married on 06/24/2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! Where do I even begin!? Meagan was the best vendor choice I made for my entire wedding (and all my vendors were phenomenal but Meagan really stands out)! First things first my wedding photos belong in a magazine! She did an absolutely incredible job. She understands how to grab the most beautiful angles, capture THE most romantic shots, and best of all she truly captures just how magical my husband makes my world and how happy we are together! I was sad about the weather the day of my wedding, foggy and cloudy, but in my pictures YOU CANT EVEN TELL! She makes us glow, makes the background beautiful and truly sets the scene in the pictures for the way my heart felt that day, just glowing! On top of her being a phenomenal photographer she goes above and beyond! My husband and all his grooms men went surfing the morning of our wedding day and she went to take pictures of them just for fun. Those are pictures my husband will absolutely cherish forever! Another huge plus is she makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera which was very important to my husband and I! If you don’t book with Meagan I am sorry but you are truly missing out! Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is so fun and professional to be around, you just feel like your hanging out with another one of your friends! My husband and I will cherish our pictures forever! I honestly cannot stop looking at them! Book with her and she will give you beautiful memories to last a lifetime!

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2018

Meagan is the best! Not only is she incredibly talented but she was so organized and professional start to finish. She thought of everything so we didn't have to. From getting to know our wedding party by name, to making sure our vision and personalities were captured on film, Meagan didn't miss a detail. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and behind the scenes, I truly couldn't recommend her more!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

I have zero idea how I found Meagan's work, but it was during a day where I was emailing a bunch of photographers for quotes. Meagan followed up a few weeks later (literally the only vendor who did this) to check-in and we started chatting. I knew I liked her style so we set-up an in-person meeting. My fiance and I were smitten from the moment we met her. It was important to us that the person who captured our photos was someone we felt comfortable with and Meagan seemed like someone we'd be friends with from the get go.

We booked our engagement photos with Meagan in Newport, RI and took them in September 2017. She was professional, but so much fun. To keep it light, she would ask us to tell her stories and fun facts and you can see how much fun we were having in the photos. She truly went above and beyond to capture our engagement and the photos were GORGEOUS.

I also booked a boudoir shoot with Meagan as a gift for my fiance. She came to our apartment which I loved as I felt it made the photos even more personal. Boudoir shoots are obviously intimate, but after the engagement session, I was super comfortable with Meagan and she made the session very low-key and easy. The pictures were gorgeous and my fiance was thrilled with the book I put together.

For the wedding, Meagan was so thorough. She provided a very detailed survey for us to fill out and when I checked in with my other vendors, they all told me she had reached out to coordinate. I was so impressed by her ability to take charge. The day of, she was able to help coral the group (not an easy feat) along with her co-shooter. Then the photos themselves are absolutely breath-taking. We got emotional looking at them as they're so gorgeous and she was able to capture all the fun, sweet, and funny moments.

Through this entire process, Meagan was so accessible and wonderful to work with. We can't wait to use her for future family shots!

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2017

Meagan was hands down the best vendor of our whole entire day! Her easy-going and fun personality made taking photos super comfortable and really a delightful experience. I come from a large family with big personality and she handled it like a pro making sure every shot was captured in a timely manner while not making us feel rushed at all (magic!). Her and her assistant were absolute ROCKSTARS!

Meagan Emilia Photography 1
    Meagan Emilia Photography 2
    Meagan Emilia Photography 3
    Meagan Emilia Photography 4

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

The best advice we got was to find a wedding photographer that we'd be happy spending our wedding day with (you spend A LOT of time with your photographer). Meagan certainly fit the bill, as she was absolutely phenomenal. After looking at dozens of photographers in the southern New England area (our wedding was at the Glen Manor in Portsmouth, RI), we were most impressed by Meagan's website and portfolio. We reached out to her and quickly set up a call where she thoroughly explained her process to us. We were immediately impressed by her professionalism, friendliness, and attention to detail. We wanted to have our engagement shoot near our home in New York, so she happily obliged and made the long drive down to us! The engagement pictures turned out great, and during the shoot, Meagan made it a priority to have the experience be easy and fun for us. As we got closer to our big day, it was really easy to communicate with her. She let us know what to expect, and together we worked on the wedding day timeline. Thanks to the engagement shoot, we were super comfortable with her and her colleague Jackie (the second wedding photographer) on our wedding day. In fact, the entire wedding party had a great time getting their pictures taken by Meagan. And wow, were the wedding photos beautiful!! We received many compliments on the photos, and we were thrilled that Meagan captured our wedding day so well.

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2017

From the first moment we met Meagan we knew she was the perfect photographer for us! She went out of her way to meet us in advance so that we could develop the right game plan for our big day! Getting to see how easy going and comfortable in her role Meagan is made being in front of the lens so much easier! She was more than willing to work with us in our, now— seemingly less popular, choice of waiting to first see each other as I made my way down the aisle! Choosing to go the traditional route, we created more of a time crunch to get the photos we wanted yet Meagan made it all so easy. Her professionalism, timeliness and skill allowed us to take in every moment of our day without worrying that we would miss something important. When we saw our final photos we were in awe, each one better than the last. Meagan made sure all of the little details we put time into were not missed and being reminded of them all through her beautiful work slowed time down for us and gave us a glimpse back to the best day of our lives. I can without a doubt say that if you were sparked by her body of work do not hesitate to reach out. You’re making one of the best decisions you could make!

Meagan Emilia Photography 5
    Meagan Emilia Photography 6
    Meagan Emilia Photography 7
    Meagan Emilia Photography 8
    Meagan Emilia Photography 9
    Meagan Emilia Photography 10

alison · Married on 10/21/2017

Meagan photographed my October 2017 wedding and in one word, she was AMAZING! She was extremely responsive during our initial communications and very professional. Leading up to the wedding I had questions and she was more than helpful in responding to them. Our pre-wedding meeting helped so much in our planning and was one of the main reasons everything ran so smoothly the day of. My husband and I did not want a ton of staged/posed photos, rather looking to more capture the overall emotion of the day. Meagan understood this completely and she and her second shooter captured this perfectly. While we have our classic beautiful portraits, there are so many photos that are of us and our guests in the moment and I couldn't love them more. I have heard from several guests at my wedding that you didn't even realize she was there. She was discreet at all points of the day, but still managed to capture amazing photos.
    Her delivery of the photos was very prompt and abundant, and beautifully done. I have heard nothing but amazing things about my photos and I could not agree more. They are gorgeous!

All in all I would 100% recommend Megan Emilia Photography. Her quality of work and professionalism were beyond what I expected, and I was so pleased all around.

Meagan Emilia Photography 11
    Meagan Emilia Photography 12
    Meagan Emilia Photography 13
    Meagan Emilia Photography 14
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2017

I️ can not say enough good things about Meagan! We did a lot of research before booking our wedding photographer and all of her work was exactly what we were looking for. She was so easy to work with and her attention to detail makes such a difference in capturing every emotion and moment of such an important day. We got our pictures back so fast, and it’s like reliving the day all over again. I️ truly love every picture she took!

Justine · Married on 09/23/2017

Meagan Emilia Photography helped to make my wedding day perfect. Meagan has such a warm and outgoing personality you can't help but feel comfortable around her. On the day of the wedding I had a special request- I HAD to have photos on top of a hay bale. Meagan was very accommodating and helped to make those photos come out exactly how I had imagined. My husband and I highly recommend choosing Meagan Emilia Photography for your big day!

Meagan Emilia Photography 15
    Meagan Emilia Photography 16
    Meagan Emilia Photography 17
    Meagan Emilia Photography 18

David · Married on 09/09/2017

Meagan was amazing! She was able to do our wedding in Newport and travel to do our engagement shoot in NYC. She is extremely professional and produces amazing work. I am very glad we chose her for our wedding and would recommend her to anyone!

Meagan Emilia Photography 19

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2017

Meagan did an amazing job with our wedding. My husband and I didn't have a lot of time before the wedding, and Meagan was incredibly flexible for us, and was always very responsive. We did an engagement session with her, which was very helpful to prepare us for the wedding day (plus, I love the pictures!). As the day got closer, Meagan made sure to schedule a time to speak with us and ask us all the right questions so that we were on the same page and everything went smoothly. The day of, Meagan arrived right on time and navigated the craziness of the room we were in to get all the picture of the dress, etc. and my mom helping me get dressed.

We did a first look at Beavertail, and Meagan picked a perfect spot on the rocks. The pictures are truly unbelievable. She also did an awesome job with the pre-wedding portraits. She was efficient and got all the pictures in with time to spare. Also, if you have children involved, Meagan is your gal. We had four kids, ages 5 months to 6 years, and somehow Meagan had ALL of them smiling in almost every shot. We both have big extended families, and Meagan was incredibly patient in herding people to get the family pictures done. Throughout the day and night, Meagan also made sure to gently remind us of pictures we had on our list but that we hadn't gotten to in the excitement of the day.

During the reception, Meagan seemed like she was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I'd see her out of the corner of my eye, but they were never in the way. From the pictures, its obvious they were paying attention to what was happening and capturing all the fun people were having.

And of course, the pictures are amazing. Truly more than we could have imagined. We didn't want a lot of staged photos, and Meagan really captured us in so many candid shots that show how happy we were. Also, Meagan is just a really cool and laid back person, which makes it feel like you are chatting with a friend. I would recommend Meagan to anyone!

Meagan Emilia Photography 20

Allison · Married on 08/18/2017

Meagan was so amazing to work with in every aspect of our wedding planning and on the day of! Despite rain changing our photo plans, Meagan was flexible and accommodating! She provided great suggestions for other vendors and ideas! Her work is gorgeous and I was so glad we had her there for our special day!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 07/01/2017

First of all, I have known Meagan since we were probably 10 years old.She's always been such a sweet and amazing individual.After college, I started to see her work at fellow classmates weddings and once I started following her on social media, I saw all the amazing work she did for anyone she came into contact with in whichever fashion.When my fiancé and I first were engaged, I started researching vendors and I knew a photographer would be one of the first vendors that we booked.I knew we wanted something different and unique, but I also knew we wanted someone who we connected with on a personal level.I found an out of state photographer, as I feel in Vermont I'd be forever comparing our photos to our friends, but I started to realize their unfamiliarity with the area, and many other variables, would be a potential problem.I started to realize that the perfect option was right under our noses.Meagan, although she had done many of our classmates weddings, was SO talented it didn't even matter. I knew she would make our day unique and capture the entirety of our vision.From the moment I contacted her again, I knew we had made the right decision. Our engagement shoot was SO fun!My, now, husband doesn't love being photographed, so we met at one of our favorite local breweries and Meagan just captured the most organic shots of "us".It was a lovely way for her to get to know what worked for us and what didn't and it was so relaxed, we almost forgot she was there!Every interaction with Meagan was a dream. It was efficient and reassuring that we made the right decision and I knew we were in good hands.Over the 13-14 months that we were contracted before our wedding day, I knew Meagan and her team were going to be 110% accountable. Sure enough, we are ECSTATIC. The review is cutting me off so I have to stop gushing, but I will end with this--when your photog makes you feel every emotion from your big day when you go through your images, you have made a priceless decision!

Katie · Married on 06/23/2017

When I came across Meagan Emilia Photography her website blew me away, but then when I spoke with her on the phone I knew she was going to be our wedding photographer! Meagan was professional, kind, organized and we left our first meeting thinking we gained a friend!
    Meagan was extremely accommodating and she reached out to me to schedule meetings, I never had to ask! She drove an hour to meet me at my photo location spots just to scope it out before the big day. She is truly talented and amazing at what she does!
    After the wedding we received many sneak peeks, starting the day after the wedding! We received our photos about two and a half weeks later! We were so happy with how they came out, she captured all the special moments and more and they are better than we could have imagined!
    Meagan is overall just a great person and you can easily tell she loves what she does. We are extremely happy with the service and quality of our wedding photos. We would highly recommend anyone and everyone we know to use Meagan Emilia Photography and will be hiring her again for future needs.
    Thank you Meagan for your hand in making our day AMAZING!

Janice · Married on 05/20/2017

Don't look any further for a photographer! Meagan Emilia will capture all of your special moments. You will love your photos forever! When I moved my wedding up a couple of months, I only had 10 weeks to plan it. Finding a photographer was not easy in Charleston, SC. However, Meagan saved the day and flew to Charleston for our wedding and did a fantastic job. She makes you feel so comfortable and special. She also traveled to Charleston to do a boudoir shoot for me to give to my husband on our wedding day. I was so nervous! But within fifteen minutes, I felt like a celebrity. She really helped me feel confident and comfortable and the shots were amazing!! She is very reasonably priced and got our photos too us promptly. Go with Meagan Emilia.

Elvis · Married on 04/08/2017

Meagan was such a pleasure to work with through the entire process.
    She has an easy going vibe but we got the sense she knew exactly what
    she was looking for in a shot. The final result blew us away. She really
    knows how to capture the moment.

• User6927110 · 1+ year ago

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Meagan Emilia and how amazing she was to work with. My fiance and I were both nervous about being center of attention for our wedding and I personally cringed at the thought of being in front of a camera all day. Meagan put all of our nerves at bay starting with our engagement shoot and made us feel calm with her easy going demeanor and beautiful spirit. She was not only attentive and organized but she knew of wonderful areas to shoot at. Her wedding checklists were super helpful to try and organize the day and maximize our time for photos and for celebration. Our wedding day was even that much more special because she was part of it and capturing all of the love, special moments and overall beautiful atmosphere and energy of the day.

I truly recommend getting a photographer for your entire day. At first, I thought I had only wanted a photographer for the big points of the day but after hearing how your wedding is more than just the big points, I opted for more time and am so thankful I did. From the getting ready to the final dance, Meagan put together such a beautiful array of memories of our day.

Meagan not only made our day amazing but she made coming home from our honeymoon just a little less depressing but having all our photos ready by the time we landed back home. It was wonderful to come home and view all of the amazing photos she took. She was truly more than just a photographer but someone we thought of as s friend, supporter and overall wonderful and genuine person.

Meagan Emilia Photography 21
    Meagan Emilia Photography 22
    Meagan Emilia Photography 23

adam · Married on 11/17/2016

Enjoy the day and let the professionals do their thing

Giavana · Married on 10/22/2016

We are so thrilled that we chose Meagan Emilia Photography for our wedding. Meagan was wonderful to work with leading up to the event. She was super responsive and accommodating. She went above and beyond and was on top of everything. On the day of the wedding she made my husband and I as well as all of our guests super comfortable. We received all of our pictures within the time frame agreed upon. The photos came out absolutely beautiful! She has a very creative eye which made for absolutely stunning photographs! We also received an unexpected package in the mail with a beautiful wooden thumbdrive and a book about enjoying the first year of marriage. Meagan was so sweet and we will miss working with her!

For us, choosing a photographer was the most difficult part of wedding planning, as the photos are all that you have to remember the day. We are delighted that we have Meagan's photographs to remember our special day!

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

Meagan is amazing! She is personable, professional and so much fun. From the first time we met with her, we knew that she was perfect for our day. She took our quirkiness and made sure our photos reflected who we are as a couple. She captures every detail of the day!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review, Jen!! You and Jon were such a dream to work with and I'm so happy our paths crossed!! We loved every minute of your wedding day and feel so lucky to have been able to capture it!
  • Kenzi

Kenzi · Married on 08/27/2016

Meagan was just incredible from day one. We are in love with our engagement photos and so so eager to see our wedding photos! She was so detailed, thorough and responsive from day one. Even now following our wedding day she is keeping us in the loop as to when we'll see those amazing photos. She has a wonderful easily laid out questionnaire online in preparation of the wedding which kept everyone on the same page and photos running smoothly. I highly recommend Meagan for any photography needs! She's the best!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Kenzi, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much, I had an incredible time getting to know you & Zach throughout this whole process and feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to be your photographer!

Hannah · Married on 08/20/2016

Brian and I could not have asked for more from Meagan. She was incredible to work with from the very beginning answering all our questions and offering valuable advice all the way through our ceremony and reception. She was extremely professional and did her research on our ceremony and reception sites, visiting them herself prior to our wedding day. Her pictures came our beautifully and captured our day perfectly. We highly recommend Meagan's services! She is wonderful!

Lisa · Married on 06/20/2016

Truly amazing experience. Provided the right art direction and expertise to create a feeling of ease and professionalism. Fun day, to be honest. Meagan's personality, her ease and kindness made working with her easy and breezy. It was my first marriage and I am sure she has photographed many at this point in her career. She made me feel like my day was the most special day, not only to me, but to my husband, family and friends. It felt personal and intimate, filled with warmth and love. I wouldn't hesitate to ask her to photograph many other epic moments, documenting our little family. Thank you again, Meagan for everything.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Lisa, thank you so much! Your wedding was a dream and I am so happy for you and Steven. It was amazing to have been by your side throughout the whole day and share that powerful intimate ceremony with you two. Wishing you two all the best!

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2016

You want meagan to capture your special day whether its your wedding or a special event. she has a great gift of capturing that perfect picture. we have so many amazing pictures from our wedding of not just us but of our friends and family having fun.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Meagan Emilia Photography's reply:

Danielle, I had so much fun celebrating with you and Greg! Your beach wedding was breathtaking and all of the little details tied together so perfectly. You two were so wonderful to work with! Congratulations again!