ME Wedding DJ Reviews

18 Reviews for ME Wedding DJ

• Lija

Charna · Married on 11/03/2018

Beyond happy!

I had to wait for a while to write my review because I wanted to try to express my sincere HAPPINESS and gratitude with ME Wedding DJ! After a failed attempt to hire a different DJ, I went on a mad hunt and came across DJ Darnell! His response was timely and professional and his willingness to listen was excellent! I had very specific ideas for my wedding reception- that came with a 10 page music list that included atleast 5+ genres. I even gave him the challenge of finding songs that seemed impossible to get. Our reception was very NON-TRADITIONAL and when I sat down with DJ Darnell and shared my vision with him - his face lit up! I was excited that he was excited! My main task was for him to keep SOMEONE/ANYONE on the floor at ALL times during the party. HE DID JUST THAT!!!!
    Not only did he nail the music at our reception, he EXCEEDED my hopes and expectations! EVERYONE hit the dance floor at some point- including the non-dancers. His selections from my crazy list were PERFECT! AND most importantly, he nailed our House music set!
    DJ DARNELL had GREAT energy the entire evening, he remained professional and he ROCKED out with us on the dancefloor at some points! I love that he interacted with the guests and he even played and taught us a Birthday dance (it was my birthday, too).
    He will ALWAYS be my first choice as a DJ! I highly recommend ME WEDDING DJ and I wish him the best success! We could tell he loves what he does!
    THANK YOU, DARNELL!!! - For making our day EVERYTHING we were hoping!
    -Mr. & Mrs. Jackson
    #AlittleJacksonLove
    #WakandaForever

Sent on 11/18/2018

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Wow, thanks Charna! I am so grateful for your review. It was an amazing night, and I really enjoyed the house music set. I’m looking forward to working with you and Dean in the future! Darnell

Shu · Married on 08/18/2018

Darnell was fantastic to work with. I've always been somewhat skeptical about wedding DJs as well as dance floor song choices, but Darnell was extremely flexible and took my feedback into account when he created his playlist for our evening. He met with us to walk through our timeline and expectations, and was extremely responsive via email as well. Definitely would recommend working with him again in the future!

DewonnBrittany · Married on 05/19/2018

It was a pleasure working with ME wedding DJ. Darnell was very professional, very easy to communicate with and made our special day beyond special. ME Wedding DJ isn’t just a DJ that focuses on music, he made sure everything ran according for our ceremony and stepped in to accommodate last minute change ups without even being asked. I highly recommend ME Wedding DJ for any event, it’s worth every penny!!!

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

Darnell, our DJ, was beyond friendly, accommodating, professional, and is extremely good at reading the crowd and going with the flow (so to speak). I would HIGHLY recommend him, I don't think you could find a better DJ!

Sent on 10/25/2017

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Sarah... Such kind words! I really appreciate your review.

Todd · Married on 07/08/2017

Darnell was the best DJ we could possibly have hoped for for our wedding! Thank you Darnell!
    Todd & Sarah F.

Sent on 10/29/2017

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

No Problem Todd, Had a blast!
  • Joelle

Joelle · Married on 07/01/2017

Darnell did an amazing job as our DJ! We knew he was a perfect fit when we first met him to discuss our details! He has a great personality and is so much fun to be around! All the guests kept complimenting his variety of songs and he didn't miss a beat when we had to make changes to our schedule! He made the night fun and kept the dance floor occupied!
    Darnell also did a wonderful job setting up the uplighting and making our venue look amazing!!

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Joelle! I'm glad you liked the music selection. I strive to find the best songs for every Wedding and Classic rock was the sweet spot for yours. I'm still waited to go see the Northern Lights!

Matthew · Married on 06/24/2017

Darnell did an amazing job at our wedding. He was extremely professional and catered to our every need. He worked extremely well in coordinating both with us and with our wedding planner. We were kind of specific on the types of music we wanted played (top hits but nothing to crazy to upset the grandparents!) and not only did he play the exact type of music we wanted to but he was great at reading the crowd and keeping the party going. The lighting really added a nice touch to the dance floor. After our wedding, we had quite a few people ask for his information because he did such a great job. Darnell always had a smile on his face and was willing to to do whatever we needed to meet our sound/DJ needs. I highly recommend him and his company.

Sent on 12/05/2017

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Matthew... I had a great time with you and you're family as well!

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2017

Darnell was awesome. He kept the reception flowing nicely and the dance floor was never empty.

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thank you, I always strive to keep everyone moving!

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Darnell was absolutely fantastic! We had a certain genre in mind for our wedding but no song list put together. He listened to exactly what we wanted and put together a playlist that couldn’t have been more perfect. Very profressional, personable and most of all a blast to work with and have as a DJ!

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Emily... I'm was so glad to see that you had Fun time. That's what a Wedding is suppose to be!

Erin · Married on 03/24/2017

We met Darnell at a wedding show and knew he would be the perfect DJ for our wedding. He took the time to get to know us before our big day to know exactly what music we liked and how we wanted the wedding to flow. The day of our wedding Darnell helped coordinate with the day of coordinator and ceremony musician to make sure everything ran smoothly. He played a great variety of music and could read the crowd. Our guests danced all night. My 90 year old grandmother stayed to the end so she could "watch the kids dance". Thank you Darnell for making wonderful memories of our special day!

Sent on 10/27/2017

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Erin's... I love it when the grandparents stay to the end. I brings me joy to see everyone having a great time!

Meredith · Married on 12/10/2016

Darnell really understood the vibe we wanted for our reception, the types of music we wanted, and we trusted him to add in songs that went along with our eclectic choices. He was super friendly, approachable, professional, and knowledgeable. He suggested a few crowd games, which went over GREAT and he was a perfect host- not taking over the spotlight, but engaging everyone. If we had to do it all over we would choose him again!

Sent on 10/24/2017

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thanks Meredith... You had a beautiful wedding, I was glad to be apart of it! Your family was so much fun, even when we played the shoelywed game!

Lauren · Married on 11/19/2016

Darnell was a breath of fresh air to work with! I was already so stressed with all of the other wedding planning duties, that I was overwhelmed with relief after we met. He took care of everything when it came to first dances, song suggestions, and game ideas. We did a lip sync battle (bridesmaids versus groomsmen) and it was a huge hit! I would have never thought of that! Not only did he make the planning process so much easier for my husband and I, but the actual reception was perfect! He had guest up on their feet and participating in every wedding activity. I really enjoyed working with him, and I know any stressed bride out there will too!

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Thank you... your reception was Amazing. I can tell everyone had a great time! Especially with the lip sync battle!
  • W

Wolfgang · Married on 10/15/2016

Darnell was an amazing DJ. Our wedding was a year ago and I still vividly remember how special of an occasion he made it. My wife was very worried about "the flow" of the wedding - in other words, that there'd be "dead space" in which people wouldn't know what to do. I wasn't really worried about it, but we've been to a few weddings since and I can see now what she was worried about - there are some weddings where it just feels like there is no structure, and as I guest I felt lost and bored.

Despite me not understanding, Darnell took the time to listen to my wife's concerns and agreed to be responsible for ensuring that our guests were not confused. He did a fantastic job on the day of the wedding, getting involved and MCing when we needed it, and hanging back whenever things started to pick up. Throughout the evening, I felt that Darnell was more of a friend or family member than a DJ - he isn't too "showy" on the mic, but he does have a great presence. Most importantly, he was not cheesy.

I highly recommend Darnell for a wedding or for any occasion. He is a true professional.

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Wow thanks Wolfgang! Such great words. Your family and friends really knew how to party! I was glad to be there for you!

Cameron · Married on 10/08/2016

Darnell was the best dj! We got married last october and people still talk about him a year later. He dosent just stay in his little box, he was out dancing with us, interacting with the guests and making sure to keep the party growing. He can read a crowd and see what song he needs next! Darnell was extremely flexible, We Got Married the weekend Hurricane Matthew decided to come through. That being said we had to push our wedding back a day and he worked with us without any issues. A few of my friends are planing weddings now and i make sure to mention Darnell and give out his information. Next big party i need a dj for hes my guy!!

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Cameron... thank you! Even though we had a hurricane come through, your wedding was still beautiful. Every thing came together so wonderfully!

S · Married on 09/03/2016

I had a last minute request to Darnell for DJ services and he was very responsive and organized with helping me out. He was able to DJ and MC with no issues and interacted with the guests at party like he was a part of the family. Everyone loved his music choices and he brought a lot of energy and excitement to the party. Darnell is flexible, accommodating and has a positive and warm attitude. I truly recommend him for your DJ/MC needs and will use him again in the future!

Nashley · Married on 09/15/2018

We replanned our wedding on Tuesday (for a Saturday wedding) because Hurricane Florence was forecast to hit land on Friday or Saturday during the wedding. Darnell with ME Wedding DJ was most responsive and travelled with us to Knoxville. He set up with no problems in our new venues, traveled from the church to the reception venue (different locations, and not originally designed to be at different locations), he kept our crowd very happy and is of excellent value! He considered our wants for our (very quickly replanned and thrown-together wedding details) reception. My only advice would be to make sure to provide all the song requests that you like, and the atmosphere would like. Our crowd and wedding party was fiesty and ready to dance, and the music started a little bit slow and we were ready to jam on the dancefloor. He was responsive and provided great equipment (sound quality, speaker volume, and microphone requests) and tailored the night as the schedule was flexible.

Sent on 10/09/2018

ME Wedding DJ's reply:

Hi! I had a great time with your family & friends. I was glad that I could accommodate you both in Knoxville Tennessee. I apologize for the slow start, it is important to know the atmosphere that you want. Over all I believe everyone really enjoyed themselves!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Darnell was amazing! Hey kept the party going until 11:30, was amazing with keeping the crowd dancing, and even got EVERYONE out on the dance floor to Bohemian Rhapsody towards the end. People are STILL talking about our wedding and what a great time it was, saying it was the most fun wedding they've been to even still! This is 100% because of Darnell (and maybe 10% the bar :) )
    In the beginning planning, we met at Panera and talked through ALL the details, and he did a really great job getting a feel for what we wanted and our crowd, and knew what he needed to find out from us to plan everything out.

Matthew · Married on 08/19/2017

We got really lucky when we found Darnell to fill the role as our MC and DJ for our wedding.

First and foremost, Darnell was incredibly easy to work with, patient and accommodating. He was all about adapting to our needs and making sure that our reception had the kind of tone and atmosphere that we wanted. We really appreciated that he wanted to be the kind of DJ we needed.

He was also a huge help in hammering out the timeline for the reception.

During the reception, he not only did a good job with the music, engaging the crowd, and making the needed announcements, he also kept us on schedule without being pushy or rushing us through anything.

When the reception was over, and the cleanup started to get overwhelming, Darnell actually stopped packing up his gear to help with clearing decorations from the venue.

Again, we feel really lucky to have had Darnell be part of our wedding. He was a big part of why it was a success!

-Matthew and Amy