MD Turner Photography Reviews

26 | Katy, TX

26 Reviews for MD Turner Photography

Lisa · Married on 02/25/2017

We LOVED working with Mike & Deb! They took the time to get to know us before our big day so we were more relaxed in front of the camera with them and they made us feel so comfortable. They are a great team and work flawlessly together. They are much more than photographers and videographers though as they helped keep us on track and kept our night moving along exactly as it was planned to. I will continue to use them for any professional photographer needs in our future.

Sent on 03/13/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Mike & Deb were amazing to work with from the beginning to the end. They were very responsive, and met with us before even booking them sowe could not only learn about them, but so they could learn about us as well! They were helpful when planning the big day, and were amazing the day of the wedding. They didn't just take video & photos, they also helped us stay on track and move through the nights events. They were also SO much fun to work with! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Emily · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike, the videographer, was AMAZING!!!! Him and his wife are incredibly nice and wonderful to work with. When my brother and sister-in-law got married I instantly knew I had to have Mike after he filmed their wedding. Mike easily navigates around everyone so as not to get in the way but captures amazing shots and you don't even notice he is there! He was such a trooper throughout our day as we had a major rain delay and numerous other issues arising causing the whole timeline to be thrown out the window. It has only been a week since our wedding so we do not have the finished project yet but we know it is going to be absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier with my decision to hire MD Turner. You will not regret hiring them. Do it right now!

Sent on 05/23/2016

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Emily! Your families have been such a pleasure to work with!

Meghan · Married on 03/21/2015

MD Turner Photography was AMAZING. They were a pleasure to work with, and really made the entire wedding party feel comfortable and at ease during pictures. The photos were absolutely GORGEOUS, too! Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/24/2015

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Meghan! We loved working with you and appreciate your referrals so much!

Deb and Mike did an amazing job with our engagement session, bridals, and wedding. On the day of the wedding, they were so helpful. Deb was the only person who could figure out how to bustle my dress. People who were at the wedding commented how busy they were all day and how much work they put into taking the pictures. They do a great job of having very beautiful photos that are also very classy - not so artsy that you aren't looking at the camera in anything!

We had a great time working with them as people and as photographers. I 100% recommend them!

Sent on 08/16/2014
  • I

Mary · Married on 04/05/2014

MD Turner was absolutely amazing! They were part of our wedding in St. John US Virgin Islands and our wedding reception in Montgomery, Texas. Our guests at our reception were so in awe of the video that MD Turner created and was viewed at the reception of our wedding.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Mike and Deb are amazing!!!!! Just like everyone else has said... They are down to earth, kind, and creative! We wanted engagement photos outside at night with a scoreboard, and Mike made it happen! They will do everything they can to give you everything you want and things you didn't know you wanted. I would (and have already) recommend them to everyone I know that is getting married. I plan to hire them again when we have a family to take pictures of. :)

Sent on 02/16/2014

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks so much! Your encouragement and feedback mean so much to us!

Jackeline · Married on 11/30/2013

Mike and Deb! I can not tell you what an absolute pleasure it was to work with the both of you. From our engagement pictures to my bridal portraits and then our wedding all our pics were gorgeous. You both captured every beautiful detail, special moments, special toasts and loved the candid shots. You were amazing from start to finish. There was never a time where we had to look or wonder if a shot wouldn't be captured. You were right on point so professional so lovely. The day of our wedding you captured the most precious and special moments from praying together to our wedding vows to saying I Do and then our kiss. I had so many of our guests telling us your photographers are amazing. I have to agree!!! Our sneak peek pictures were so beautiful that I started to cry. Thank you both for making our wedding so special and perfect. We knew we picked the right photographers for our special day. :)

Jackeline Schwartz
    Houston, Texas

Sent on 01/12/2014

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Wow! Thanks so much for your kind words, Jackie! Your encouragement and feedback really do mean a lot to us. You and Lloyd were a pleasure to work with and we look forward to working with you for years to come!

First off, Mike and Deb take the most beautiful pictures. For me it's all about the candid pictures that really capture a feeling, moment or personality. They did just that with our engagement and wedding pictures. My husband and I recently got our wedding pictures and they were nothing less than spectacular. We are so excited to see our wedding video next! The trailer that they sent us was so beautiful...cue the waterworks! I can't stop saying enough good things about them...check them out for yourself, you won't go wrong!

Sent on 11/25/2013

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Wow! Thanks so much! You guys were a pleasure to work with and it makes us so happy to hear how much you love your photos and films!

I believe what makes a great photo is transparency. When an individual views a great picture, they forget they are looking at a photograph; they see reality. They see an exact moment frozen in time forever. This is exactly the quality of work I received for a special day I know I can never forget.
    Mike and Deb are two of the most genuine and down to earth individuals I know. They treat you like friends more than paying clients. I hired them for engagements, bridals and wedding. Now I am going back to them for more pictures as husband and wife at our alma mater. You ask for creative lighting and unique photos and they will serve. As an amateur and hobbyist photographer, I had a lot of out of the box requests and both Mike and Deb's work clearly show they can skillfully perform unusual and creative lighting techniques that I know takes a professional.
    The pricing for the service is more than fair and it is a rarity in the business of photography for photographers to release all of their work. In my opinion, this showcases their business means more to them than money.

Sent on 05/22/2013

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! Brides like you make our job a lot of fun and very fulfilling!

Kelly · Married on 01/19/2013

Mike and Deb were phenomenal to work with! From the Engagement shoot, to Bridals, and finally the big day, they caught every special moment and even added their own creative twist to it. I am definitely recommending them to everyone.

Sent on 04/23/2013

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Kelly! We loved how personal your wedding was and how well it reflected you and Josh and your love for one another. It was a pleasure working with you!

I used MD Turner for my wedding a few weeks ago and I have to say I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone needing a photographer. They did a wonderful job taking our engagement pictures and I know they have done a wonderful job taking our wedding pictures. Mike and Deb are professional but so friendly and kind at the same time. They are also very flexible which is perfect when planning a wedding. If you are looking for a great photographer, I would highly suggest them! They are awesome!

Sent on 08/08/2012

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks so much! We enjoyed working with you guys and wish you the very best!

LOVE MD Turner! They are so easy to work with and the pictures are outstanding!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Thanks so much!
  • StefieB

Stefanie · Married on 11/12/2011

Mike and Deb are FANTASTIC. They are really fun, down to earth people who radiate the feeling of loving what they do. Deb shot my Bridal Portraits at Rice U about 3 weeks before our wedding. It was one of those windy Houston days, but the shoot went super smoothly and I was SO happy with how the pictures came out.

The day of the wedding, Mike and Deb arrived early and seriously caught every wonderful moment from the beginning to the end. After the wedding, I kept regretting not having had a videographer, because the night was such a blur! (It really does go by so fast - enjoy and savor every moment and memory!) After getting our pictures, I'm not even the slightest disappointed anymore that we didn't hire a videographer - the pictures are fabulous and tell the true story of our night, no gaps in between anything!

Mike and Deb are a wonderful team and I would recommend them to anyone for any photography need. THANK YOU Mike and Deb for capturing our day perfectly!

Sent on 01/06/2012

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Wow! Those are some of the best compliments we could receive as photographers. Thank you so much, Stefanie! Your words really do encourage us and the fact that you're are so happy makes our job so fulfilling!

LESLIE · Married on 05/07/2011

We absolutely LOVED having MD Turner Photography as our wedding photographer!! We got to know Mike & Deb ( especially Deb ) in the months before our wedding and they are so nice and great to work with.

When I first contacted Deb back in October 2010 about possibly doing our wedding, she emailed me back quickly and we immediately set up a time to get together. After meeting with her, going over pricing and looking thru some of their work I knew I wanted them to be a part of our wedding and the months leading up to it.

Mike & Deb did our Engagement pictures and they turned out amazing!!! Deb did my Bridals and those too turned out beautiful!! And of course our wedding in May... even 1 1/2 months later I am still looking thru the pictures every few days because I love them so much :)

I am a little photography obsessed and follow about 50 photography blogs daily and I eventually want to get into photography myself...so I tend to think I might be a little picky when it comes to photography....and Mike & Deb definitely lived up to all my expectations. They were awesome and we are so lucky to know them and to have had them photograph all the special moments of our wedding!!

Sent on 07/25/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

50 blogs a day?! That's commitment! Thanks so much for your feedback Leslie, we take it as a true compliment!

Lauren · Married on 02/26/2011

My husband and I were so very thankful to have been referred to Mike and Deb Turner by Maetha with Second Baptist Church! Throughout our wedding-planning process they really spent time getting to get to know us and our needs while offering creative photography ideas that seemed to truly capture the essence of our relationship!

Mike and Deb were always consistent, responsive, on-time, and FUN! Just ask Deb to tell you some of her famous jokes during a photo shoot to ease your anxiety, and she'll be sure to make you laugh! Due to their popularity and demand, their calendars can fill up quickly during wedding season, but they always made it a priority to work around our schedules and were willing to meet us with a smile at whatever setting we chose. Mike and Deb were quick to organize the photos, make whatever edits were necessary, and compile them into a nice web slideshow and mail out all digital proofs on a disc. The quality of our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos was extraordinary, and we've already re-booked with Mike and Deb for this year's family photo!

You can find a good photographer anywhere, but finding GREAT photographers who offer creative and talented ideas for your engagement and wedding needs at a competitive price can be a challenge. I'm so glad that we hired Mike and Deb to celebrate with us and capture all of the wonderful moments on our wedding day that we didn't have the opportunity to see first-hand during all of the madness! We love looking through our pictures and reliving that fun, fun night! Give them a call and ask them to meet you at Onion Creek for coffee or a drink to discuss your ideas. They love their jobs and their clients and would do anything to make you happy. I know you'll love them as much as we did!

Sent on 07/23/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

One of our favorite parts of this job is making new friends! Lauren, you guys started as clients but we are happy to call you friends now! Looking forward to your family shoot this Fall!

liz · Married on 02/05/2011

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Mike and Deb in February 2011. Mike and Deb took my bridal portraits and was with me all the way through my entire wedding. I had a VERY long day as we had a family wedding at 11 am, followed by a family lunch. Later that evening I had a very large reception. Mike and Deb were able to capture everything. The smallest of intimate moments between my husband and I along with the greatest moments between family and friends I was not able to see. I couldn't ask for anything more.

One of the things that I really looked hard to find was a photographer who I could hire and they would turn over my pictures to me. Mike and Deb took all my great memories, for a great price, and turned my pictures over to me. That is a very rare.

When my husband and I have our family we will only call Mike and Deb for all of our family portraits.

Liz

Liz

Sent on 07/24/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks Liz! We love providing digital copies of everything we shoot to our clients. It's what we wanted when we got married so it's what we want to provide to others. We look forward to working with you guys again!

Danielle · Married on 06/19/2010

Deb and Mike were so great!! They were awesome to work with. They went out of their way to make everything look perfect. Deb even helped out with bustling my dress :). They were very professional but FUN as well. I would recommend them to everyone. Their prices are very fair, and the quality of work is excellent! We absolutely LOVE my bridal portraits and our wedding photos. Here are some of the pics from our wedding on their blog, under "one great party..." danielle & joey:

Thanks Mike & Deb!

Sent on 07/09/2010

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Danielle! We hope the two of you are doing well and loving married life!

Nora · Married on 06/18/2011

Mike and Deb Turner are the most personable photographers you'll find. They are pros and make you feel comfortable around them as they are extremely helpful and kind. I never felt pushed or posed but natural and carefree the entire time. These are the people you want photographing you on your wedding day!

Sent on 07/13/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Nora! You and Nick were such a pleasure to work with and it was so fun to work with your family again. Your ceremony was so meaningful and what a fun reception! We loved capturing the whole experience!

erin · Married on 06/11/2011

I met Mike and Deb at one of the Houston Wedding Showcases. I knew from the instant I met them that I was going to book them. Our personalities really fit well together and I knew we would get along. I am just getting into photography and I knew they would be able to put up with my ridiculous questions too!

They shot my engagement, bridal and wedding pictures. I loved all the pictures they took! I am constantly getting compliments on my photos especially the wedding day pictures. There was a mixture of posed pics and candids. I really enjoyed the candids!

Mike and Deb were also really flexible with me. They paid attention to what I wanted and I absolutely love my pictures! I couldn't have asked for a better couple to share my special day with!

Sent on 07/27/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Erin! I hope we captured all the bokeh and shallow depth of field you were looking for ;) You and Ryan were so much fun to work with. Don't be strangers!

Chris · Married on 04/09/2011

Mike & Deb are fantastic! They are very open to any crazy ideas you have (shoot on a bridge over a freeway? shoot the groomsmen playing basketball in tuxes? Sure!), and go the extra mile for you. When my wife's bouquets came in three times too big, Deb even helped fix them! I would recommend them to anybody.

Sent on 07/13/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Chris! You definitely had some unique ideas for what you wanted but that's what we love most about you guys! The more our clients get into it, the better it turns out!

Asya · Married on 07/30/2016

Great photographer, was very responsive to our requests and vision for the style of photos!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Colleen · Married on 05/07/2011

Mike and Deb were great photographers and overall, I loved my pictures! They were super quick to respond whenever I had questions throughout the planning process, and were very accomodating for both the bridal portraits and the wedding day. My wedding day was a little longer than most, but Mike was willing to stay as long as I wanted him too. They were also extremely quick to send me all my pictures after the portraits and wedding day.
    I think this email that I sent them after I received my pictures really sums it up...
    "OHHHHHHHH MIKE!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!
    I am so teary eyed looking at all of these right now...I think I've looked at every one of them at least 3 times now! And I feel like I am reliving my wedding day all over again :)
    Thank you for this...you have made it possible for me to step back into time every single time I look at your pictures! And I can see parts of the wedding that I never got to see before!
    Absolutely wonderful job!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!"

Sent on 07/27/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

thanks colleen! we had such great time working with you and lance! you have such a good sense of humor and we loved all the personal details you poured into you wedding day - right down to the cake toppers!

Michelle · Married on 02/19/2011

Brandon and I really enjoyed working with Mike and Deb on our engagement photos, on my bridals, and on our wedding day! One of their best qualities is their calm demeanor - they are not pushy or inflexible, which I found really helpful during what could be a stressful time! An earlier reviewer noted her disappointment that Mike and Deb didn't affirmatively offer more creative ideas for her various shoots, but I found that Mike and Deb offered a good combination: they suggested ideas, but (in keeping with their relaxed attitudes) also sought input from me about what I thought would be a comfortable and good quality shot. In my opinion, you are most likely to get the results you want from any vendor (assuming they value customer service, as Mike and Deb do) if you've given some serious thought to the product you'd like and if you communicate those thoughts to the vendor. I was clear about what I wanted, and clear when I didn't know what I wanted or didn't know what would be best, and Mike and Deb responded appropriately in either situation. The bottom line: if you want mostly traditional, posed shots, say so. If you want artsy, funky angles and cool imagery in most of your shots, say so. I'm confident Mike and Deb are capable of either and would strive most diligently to satisfy their client. I recommend them without reservation!

Sent on 07/23/2011

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Wow! Thanks, Michelle! We couldn't have said it better our selves!

BTW: Michelle is the gorgeous bride featured in all our marketing materials right now!

Kim · Married on 04/22/2012

I absolutely love Mike and Deb! They are so much fun and you can really tell they love what they do! After we met with Deb to discuss photo ideas, I said to my FH "I wish they didn't shoot weddings every weekend; I want to be friends with them!" They are such a cute couple. We had a blast doing our engagements and they were awesome during the wedding. Deb even helped in other areas, too. She carried our flowers over to the reception site. Instead of having to run back to the bridal suite to grab the toss garter, Deb ran back for me. Having Mike and Deb do your photography is like hanging out with great friends and then getting some awesome photos after your event. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/22/2012

MD Turner Photography's reply:

Thanks, Kim! We loved working with you guys and are glad you enjoyed the experience. We like to think we are more than JUST photographers so it is nice to hear when our clients think so too!