26 Reviews for MD Turner Photography

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
26 MD Turner Photography Reviews

We LOVED working with Mike & Deb! They took the time to get to know us before our big day so we were more relaxed in front of the camera with them and they made us feel so comfortable. They are a great team and work flawlessly together. They are much more than photographers and videographers though as they helped keep us on track and kept our night moving along exactly as it was planned to. I will continue to use them for any professional photographer needs in our future.

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Great photographer, was very responsive to our requests and vision for the style of photos!

Profile Picture User7395403, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike & Deb were amazing to work with from the beginning to the end. They were very responsive, and met with us before even booking them sowe could not only learn about them, but so they could learn about us as well! They were helpful when planning the big day, and were amazing the day of the wedding. They didn't just take video & photos, they also helped us stay on track and move through the nights events. They were also SO much fun to work with! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike, the videographer, was AMAZING!!!! Him and his wife are incredibly nice and wonderful to work with. When my brother and sister-in-law got married I instantly knew I had to have Mike after he filmed their wedding. Mike easily navigates around everyone so as not to get in the way but captures amazing shots and you don't even notice he is there! He was such a trooper throughout our day as we had a major rain delay and numerous other issues arising causing the whole timeline to be thrown out the window. It has only been a week since our wedding so we do not have the finished project yet but we know it is going to be absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier with my decision to hire MD Turner. You will not regret hiring them. Do it right now!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/14/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Videography

MD Turner Photography was AMAZING. They were a pleasure to work with, and really made the entire wedding party feel comfortable and at ease during pictures. The photos were absolutely GORGEOUS, too! Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Meghan, 3/21/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Deb and Mike did an amazing job with our engagement session, bridals, and wedding. On the day of the wedding, they were so helpful. Deb was the only person who could figure out how to bustle my dress. People who were at the wedding commented how busy they were all day and how much work they put into taking the pictures. They do a great job of having very beautiful photos that are also very classy - not so artsy that you aren't looking at the camera in anything!

We had a great time working with them as people and as photographers. I 100% recommend them!

Profile Picture User4328259, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

MD Turner was absolutely amazing! They were part of our wedding in St. John US Virgin Islands and our wedding reception in Montgomery, Texas. Our guests at our reception were so in awe of the video that MD Turner created and was viewed at the reception of our wedding.

Profile Picture User3718399, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

Mike and Deb are amazing!!!!! Just like everyone else has said... They are down to earth, kind, and creative! We wanted engagement photos outside at night with a scoreboard, and Mike made it happen! They will do everything they can to give you everything you want and things you didn't know you wanted. I would (and have already) recommend them to everyone I know that is getting married. I plan to hire them again when we have a family to take pictures of. :)

Profile Picture User3909161, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike and Deb! I can not tell you what an absolute pleasure it was to work with the both of you. From our engagement pictures to my bridal portraits and then our wedding all our pics were gorgeous. You both captured every beautiful detail, special moments, special toasts and loved the candid shots. You were amazing from start to finish. There was never a time where we had to look or wonder if a shot wouldn't be captured. You were right on point so professional so lovely. The day of our wedding you captured the most precious and special moments from praying together to our wedding vows to saying I Do and then our kiss. I had so many of our guests telling us your photographers are amazing. I have to agree!!! Our sneak peek pictures were so beautiful that I started to cry. Thank you both for making our wedding so special and perfect. We knew we picked the right photographers for our special day. :)

Jackeline Schwartz
Houston, Texas

Profile Picture Jackeline, 11/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First off, Mike and Deb take the most beautiful pictures. For me it's all about the candid pictures that really capture a feeling, moment or personality. They did just that with our engagement and wedding pictures. My husband and I recently got our wedding pictures and they were nothing less than spectacular. We are so excited to see our wedding video next! The trailer that they sent us was so beautiful...cue the waterworks! I can't stop saying enough good things about them...check them out for yourself, you won't go wrong!

Profile Picture User2708405, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I believe what makes a great photo is transparency. When an individual views a great picture, they forget they are looking at a photograph; they see reality. They see an exact moment frozen in time forever. This is exactly the quality of work I received for a special day I know I can never forget.
Mike and Deb are two of the most genuine and down to earth individuals I know. They treat you like friends more than paying clients. I hired them for engagements, bridals and wedding. Now I am going back to them for more pictures as husband and wife at our alma mater. You ask for creative lighting and unique photos and they will serve. As an amateur and hobbyist photographer, I had a lot of out of the box requests and both Mike and Deb's work clearly show they can skillfully perform unusual and creative lighting techniques that I know takes a professional.
The pricing for the service is more than fair and it is a rarity in the business of photography for photographers to release all of their work. In my opinion, this showcases their business means more to them than money.

Profile Picture User3273850, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike and Deb were phenomenal to work with! From the Engagement shoot, to Bridals, and finally the big day, they caught every special moment and even added their own creative twist to it. I am definitely recommending them to everyone.

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used MD Turner for my wedding a few weeks ago and I have to say I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone needing a photographer. They did a wonderful job taking our engagement pictures and I know they have done a wonderful job taking our wedding pictures. Mike and Deb are professional but so friendly and kind at the same time. They are also very flexible which is perfect when planning a wedding. If you are looking for a great photographer, I would highly suggest them! They are awesome!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/28/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

LOVE MD Turner! They are so easy to work with and the pictures are outstanding!

Profile Picture User2587847, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

I absolutely love Mike and Deb! They are so much fun and you can really tell they love what they do! After we met with Deb to discuss photo ideas, I said to my FH "I wish they didn't shoot weddings every weekend; I want to be friends with them!" They are such a cute couple. We had a blast doing our engagements and they were awesome during the wedding. Deb even helped in other areas, too. She carried our flowers over to the reception site. Instead of having to run back to the bridal suite to grab the toss garter, Deb ran back for me. Having Mike and Deb do your photography is like hanging out with great friends and then getting some awesome photos after your event. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike and Deb are FANTASTIC. They are really fun, down to earth people who radiate the feeling of loving what they do. Deb shot my Bridal Portraits at Rice U about 3 weeks before our wedding. It was one of those windy Houston days, but the shoot went super smoothly and I was SO happy with how the pictures came out.

The day of the wedding, Mike and Deb arrived early and seriously caught every wonderful moment from the beginning to the end. After the wedding, I kept regretting not having had a videographer, because the night was such a blur! (It really does go by so fast - enjoy and savor every moment and memory!) After getting our pictures, I'm not even the slightest disappointed anymore that we didn't hire a videographer - the pictures are fabulous and tell the true story of our night, no gaps in between anything!

Mike and Deb are a wonderful team and I would recommend them to anyone for any photography need. THANK YOU Mike and Deb for capturing our day perfectly!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 11/12/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike and Deb Turner are the most personable photographers you'll find. They are pros and make you feel comfortable around them as they are extremely helpful and kind. I never felt pushed or posed but natural and carefree the entire time. These are the people you want photographing you on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Nora, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I met Mike and Deb at one of the Houston Wedding Showcases. I knew from the instant I met them that I was going to book them. Our personalities really fit well together and I knew we would get along. I am just getting into photography and I knew they would be able to put up with my ridiculous questions too!

They shot my engagement, bridal and wedding pictures. I loved all the pictures they took! I am constantly getting compliments on my photos especially the wedding day pictures. There was a mixture of posed pics and candids. I really enjoyed the candids!

Mike and Deb were also really flexible with me. They paid attention to what I wanted and I absolutely love my pictures! I couldn't have asked for a better couple to share my special day with!

Profile Picture User1135590, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.7

First of all, let me begin by saying that Deb and Mike are fun to work with. They have great personalities, and were really good at rounding up people for group photos. I also think their stength is in portrait photography. What I am the most dissapointed in, was that I felt like our wedding photos did not capture the emotion of the day. I seriously had the best day of my life, but you wouldn't guess it from the photos. The majority (other than the ceremony and dancing at the reception) were posed photos and they missed so many of the details that you hope to remember as the years go on. I have no photos of the room filled with flowers before the guests arrived, none of my husband standing at the altar watching me walk down the aisle, none of any of the guests at the reception that weren't dancing (including the groom's father), none of the unbelievable view at the reception, we have tons of the best man and MOH giving their speeches, but not one of the guests' expressions during the toasts. When I first talked with them, and when reviewing their work, it sounded like shooting the details, and capturing a mix of candid and posed photos was their specialty. I don't know if it was just us (and maybe so, since if you read their blog, we are the only ones that they didn't state any details from our wedding). It doesn't make any sense, there were two of them, we shouldn't have missed anything.
The other thing that I really struggled with was that they constantly asked me where I wanted to take pictures. I am not the creative type...I was hoping for suggestions - based on light, architecture, lines, decor, anything. Honestly, very few of the photos had any artistic inspiration. Very few uses of cool lenses, or different angles. I have a picture from a guest that I framed that is of us dancing underneath this awesome chandelier. I have 20+ of us dancing from the photographer, but they are all the same with no change in angle, or creative shots. Yes, you need the posed photos, and I wanted those too, but I love, love, LOVE cool photojournalistic pics, and I did not get this. I wanted to tell a story from my pictures.
I had such a hard time writing this, as I loved them both, but given this is a once in a lifetime event, I want to let others know to ensure you are clear on your expectations, and if you are toying with also getting a videographer...do it...I always will have my memories, but details fade...and you want to have something to look back on that captures the moment.

After reading the comment below, and seeing the reviews that quickly came in attacking my points after I made this review, I am even more disappointed. I was trying so very hard to be honest, but tactful in my review.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely LOVED having MD Turner Photography as our wedding photographer!! We got to know Mike & Deb ( especially Deb ) in the months before our wedding and they are so nice and great to work with.

When I first contacted Deb back in October 2010 about possibly doing our wedding, she emailed me back quickly and we immediately set up a time to get together. After meeting with her, going over pricing and looking thru some of their work I knew I wanted them to be a part of our wedding and the months leading up to it.

Mike & Deb did our Engagement pictures and they turned out amazing!!! Deb did my Bridals and those too turned out beautiful!! And of course our wedding in May... even 1 1/2 months later I am still looking thru the pictures every few days because I love them so much :)

I am a little photography obsessed and follow about 50 photography blogs daily and I eventually want to get into photography myself...so I tend to think I might be a little picky when it comes to photography....and Mike & Deb definitely lived up to all my expectations. They were awesome and we are so lucky to know them and to have had them photograph all the special moments of our wedding!!

Profile Picture LESLIE, 5/7/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike and Deb were great photographers and overall, I loved my pictures! They were super quick to respond whenever I had questions throughout the planning process, and were very accomodating for both the bridal portraits and the wedding day. My wedding day was a little longer than most, but Mike was willing to stay as long as I wanted him too. They were also extremely quick to send me all my pictures after the portraits and wedding day.
I think this email that I sent them after I received my pictures really sums it up...
"OHHHHHHHH MIKE!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!
I am so teary eyed looking at all of these right now...I think I've looked at every one of them at least 3 times now! And I feel like I am reliving my wedding day all over again :)
Thank you for this...you have made it possible for me to step back into time every single time I look at your pictures! And I can see parts of the wedding that I never got to see before!
Absolutely wonderful job!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!"

Profile Picture Colleen, 5/7/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike & Deb are fantastic! They are very open to any crazy ideas you have (shoot on a bridge over a freeway? shoot the groomsmen playing basketball in tuxes? Sure!), and go the extra mile for you. When my wife's bouquets came in three times too big, Deb even helped fix them! I would recommend them to anybody.

Profile Picture Chris , 4/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were so very thankful to have been referred to Mike and Deb Turner by Maetha with Second Baptist Church! Throughout our wedding-planning process they really spent time getting to get to know us and our needs while offering creative photography ideas that seemed to truly capture the essence of our relationship!

Mike and Deb were always consistent, responsive, on-time, and FUN! Just ask Deb to tell you some of her famous jokes during a photo shoot to ease your anxiety, and she'll be sure to make you laugh! Due to their popularity and demand, their calendars can fill up quickly during wedding season, but they always made it a priority to work around our schedules and were willing to meet us with a smile at whatever setting we chose. Mike and Deb were quick to organize the photos, make whatever edits were necessary, and compile them into a nice web slideshow and mail out all digital proofs on a disc. The quality of our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos was extraordinary, and we've already re-booked with Mike and Deb for this year's family photo!

You can find a good photographer anywhere, but finding GREAT photographers who offer creative and talented ideas for your engagement and wedding needs at a competitive price can be a challenge. I'm so glad that we hired Mike and Deb to celebrate with us and capture all of the wonderful moments on our wedding day that we didn't have the opportunity to see first-hand during all of the madness! We love looking through our pictures and reliving that fun, fun night! Give them a call and ask them to meet you at Onion Creek for coffee or a drink to discuss your ideas. They love their jobs and their clients and would do anything to make you happy. I know you'll love them as much as we did!

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/26/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Brandon and I really enjoyed working with Mike and Deb on our engagement photos, on my bridals, and on our wedding day! One of their best qualities is their calm demeanor - they are not pushy or inflexible, which I found really helpful during what could be a stressful time! An earlier reviewer noted her disappointment that Mike and Deb didn't affirmatively offer more creative ideas for her various shoots, but I found that Mike and Deb offered a good combination: they suggested ideas, but (in keeping with their relaxed attitudes) also sought input from me about what I thought would be a comfortable and good quality shot. In my opinion, you are most likely to get the results you want from any vendor (assuming they value customer service, as Mike and Deb do) if you've given some serious thought to the product you'd like and if you communicate those thoughts to the vendor. I was clear about what I wanted, and clear when I didn't know what I wanted or didn't know what would be best, and Mike and Deb responded appropriately in either situation. The bottom line: if you want mostly traditional, posed shots, say so. If you want artsy, funky angles and cool imagery in most of your shots, say so. I'm confident Mike and Deb are capable of either and would strive most diligently to satisfy their client. I recommend them without reservation!

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Mike and Deb in February 2011. Mike and Deb took my bridal portraits and was with me all the way through my entire wedding. I had a VERY long day as we had a family wedding at 11 am, followed by a family lunch. Later that evening I had a very large reception. Mike and Deb were able to capture everything. The smallest of intimate moments between my husband and I along with the greatest moments between family and friends I was not able to see. I couldn't ask for anything more.

One of the things that I really looked hard to find was a photographer who I could hire and they would turn over my pictures to me. Mike and Deb took all my great memories, for a great price, and turned my pictures over to me. That is a very rare.

When my husband and I have our family we will only call Mike and Deb for all of our family portraits.

Liz