MD Music & Entertainment Reviews

MD Music & Entertainment 5
MD Music & Entertainment 6
MD Music & Entertainment 7

Miriam · Married on 07/03/2019

Above and beyond our expectations!

Finding a DJ to play at our "mixed" wedding was a difficult task. My family is Israeli and my husband's family is Bucharian. We also invited lots of our American friends to join us at our wedding as well. We were having trouble finding a DJ who would be able to incorporate all of these very different musical styles, as well as making transitions between styles effortless. From the beginning, Matty assured us that he would make sure that he would include any music we wanted, despite him not having a lot of experience with our music choices. He even was the announcer during our non-traditional ceremony and was one of the biggest reasons the ceremony was one of my favorite parts. Matty went above and beyond our expectations. He made sure to play all of our must-haves and made sure that each transition seemed completely effortless. We had an incredible time and it had a lot to do with how great he was. He brought our wedding day playlist to reality and we truly had an amazing time. I could not have imagined a better DJ for our wedding. If you are looking for a DJ who is patient, understanding and true to his word, MD Music is the way to go. Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/31/2019

MD Music & Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Miriam for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your wedding is definitely one I won't forget. Almost 4 hours of dancing!!! I wish you all the very best!
  • Terasa

Terasa · Married on 06/21/2019

A wedding to remember!

Matty and Andy at MD Music were a blast to work with for our wedding reception. They were incredibly responsive, personable and knowledgeable as we game-planned the night, from music selections to the timeline of events. We could really feel that they were fully invested in making our big day the best party possible.

Andy was our DJ for the night, and did a wonderful job providing a playlist based on our preferences and dislikes. He was able to mix in various requests that people had throughout the party. He knew which requests we would be okay with and which ones to run by us first. We also used two additional live instruments (drums and sax) to accompany DJ Andy, and the three worked seamlessly to provide a great night of music and dancing. Andy add a few extra special touches which we truly appreciated. He played my parents wedding song to start the dancing back up after dinner and ended the night by playing our wedding song one last time.

MD Music pride themselves of providing the best party possible, and they more than delivered. They took our evening's timeline and packed in music and dancing for every possible minute, and the dance floor was never empty. We would highly recommend MD Music (especially Matty and Andy) to anyone who is considering them for their wedding.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    MD Music & Entertainment 8
    MD Music & Entertainment 9
    MD Music & Entertainment 10
    MD Music & Entertainment 11

MD Music & Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Thank you for the extremely kind words. We had such a great time working with you both and I know Andy had an absolute blast DJing for your friends and family. We wish you the very very best!!

Jennifer Sabella · Married on 05/26/2019

Great experience with MD Music and Entertainment

MD Music and Entertainment DJ'd our wedding reception at the Box House Hotel in Greenpoint, Brooklyn this past May. Matty was our DJ and he was fantastic. He was incredibly organized and professional as we planned the music and type of reception we wanted to have (read as: huge dance party with a few traditions worked in such as first dances and toasts). Matty was super responsive, personable and helpful as we made our music decisions and gave us a ton of thoughtful suggestions as we created our reception timelines. At the same time he worked with the AV vendor and the wedding venue to make sure everything was in order for our big day, meaning we didn’t have to worry about any of it. On the actual day of the wedding, DJ Matty was awesome. Everything ran on time, the music was excellent and our guests were on the dance floor all night. It was exactly the reception we wanted and we could not be happier with it.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/13/2019

Super knowledgeable and a lot of fun!

We LOVED working with Matty! He is so knowledgable and a total pro, so the entire experience was completely seamless. He knows so much about weddings in general, and his music recommendations were excellent! We had no idea what we wanted in terms of ceremony music, and he really helped us craft the perfect vibe. P.S., meeting with him before the wedding to hash out details was one of our most fun vendor meetings! He's great - you really can't go wrong with Matty and his team

Sent on 05/01/2019

Melanie · Married on 11/10/2018

Goes above and beyond!

Matty was an absolute dream to work with! From the first time we met, he was professional, patient, thoughtful, and so genuine in his efforts to make sure he knew us and understood what we wanted out of the night. He offered tons of great suggestions for the wedding beyond just the music played, but also in terms of the timeline of the night. He was always super responsive to emails and willing to hop on phone calls as needed. We always left conversations with Matty feeling like we were more on track with our plans and with a better idea of how the night would go. He was really open to our requests and tastes, and on the night of our wedding, he truly followed all the details we had discussed, played everything we had asked to hear while also throwing in good ideas of his own. When the timeline of our night got a bit pushed back due to a family health emergency, Matty seamlessly helped us shift the original timeline to make sure our guests didn’t notice what was going on and kept everyone on the dance floor and having a great time. He is a genuinely good, dependable guy with great taste and everyone was raving about how great the music was. We also hired our live ceremony music and a cocktail hour jazz trio through him that guests loved. We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Meahl · Married on 10/21/2018

The Guardian of the Dance Floor

I had the BEST experience with DJ Matty.
    From our first meeting, he was so cool and knowledgable and fun and easy to talk to. He was so completely organized, full of info I would have never thought of. He was completely tried and true.
    I loved the database he used to acquire all the information and songs I wanted at the wedding. He made notes and asked questions between our first and second meeting. We used his run down of the day as the BIBLE for the wedding day.
    I felt so safe with him DJing our ceremony as well as DJing the reception. And I was right to feel safe and trust him completely. I even told him my family drama so he could be on his toes incase we needed a music switch. He nailed it and played the perfect song at all the perfect times and the transitions were incredibly thou through and amazingly paired. The millennials and the baby boomers alike were all LOVING the music and everyone danced the night away.
    I personally (as the bride) felt like I had a friend/guardian angel who was standing at the front of dance floor seeing and running everything all night long. I felt really safe and wanted to have him hang out and drink beers with us. I love him as a person and a DJ and I recommend him always.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Brian S · Married on 10/07/2018

Matty D and MD Music & Entertainment are FANTASTIC

Matty D was the DJ for my wedding in early October 2018. I'm writing to enthusiastically offer my highest recommendation for his company's services.

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled with every step of the process, from when we had our initial discussion with Matty (prior to signing a contract), to walking through how we envisioned our big day going over the months leading up to the event, to meeting up with him as the date approached. He was professional and just perfectly on the ball throughout. Every time we communicated, by email, phone or in person, he put us at ease, gave us confidence, and made it clear through his thoughtfulness and enthusiasm that that everything was under control and going to be awesome.

Then the wedding came around, and it WAS awesome. Our friends and our parents' friends were dancing and having a blast all evening. So many of our people came up throughout the night to tell us how much they were enjoying the music and the flow of the party. Even after the event, we heard such good feedback from all of our friends about how perfect the music was. Matty D helped set the tone for an unforgettable event, and my wife and I are so grateful. We had spent so much time and attention planning what we hoped would be the perfect wedding experience, and thanks in large part to Matty's partnership and expertise, it turned out absolutely wonderfully.

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 09/30/2018

Such an amazing experience

Matty was absolutely amazing to work with! He was professional, answered every single question and concern I had, almost immediately, which must be a hard thing to do during wedding season. He was always willing to jump on calls whenever I had a question. He had a bunch of great suggestions and helped us piece together our timeline and what worked at what times throughout our night. I NEVER left the dance floor, he was absolutely amazing and made our wedding perfect! Matty is a genuinely nice guy and it shows that he loves what he does. He helped us when we realized we needed uplighting and it was so nice to not have to worry about hiring someone else. We hired our ceremony musicians through Matty as well, and I was truly impressed, it was amazing. We can't thank Matty enough for making our day so fun! I would highly recommend Matty!!!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    MD Music & Entertainment 12
    MD Music & Entertainment 13
    MD Music & Entertainment 14
    MD Music & Entertainment 15

MD Music & Entertainment's reply:

Thank you SO much for the kind words Bianca. It was so much fun working with you and Skyler and I loved being a part of your big day. All the best to you guys!!

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

Matty and Nestor were great to work with. They took great care in making sure they knew what we wanted at our wedding. They were professional, knowledgeable, easy to communicate with and a lot of fun to talk to! They hit every mark for us. We loved working with them. I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2018

Matty still have our guests talking about how much they danced at our wedding

It’s been several months since our wedding and we still have people coming up to us and saying how much they loved the music at our wedding. My husband and I have broad taste in music and Matty did such a great job of weaving together all the music we love, from the old motown hits to the newest top forty. Working with Matty was great, he was always organized and new the right questions to ask, he helped us will all the major song selections and gave us great advice. In addition, he was just a genuinely nice, down to earth, guy. The second we met him it was clear he was perfect for us. Book him now!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend Matty to DJ any event! Working with Matty was super easy and he shared all of his knowledge about weddings to make sure we had the schedule and cadence we were looking for. He worked with us on the timing of the first dances, speeches and even shared we should do a toast near the end of the night. So glad we did that! -- We asked Matty to create what we called the "Diva mix" which was 30 minutes of music from Divas (Whitney, Mariah, Cher, etc.) and it was such a hit! The night was everything we wanted because the music kept the energy going.

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • Anelise

Anelise · Married on 05/31/2018

DJ Matty is amazing

DJ Matty is simply amazing. We felt he really listened to what we wanted and was able to blend in regular wedding music with Brazilian songs, since me and my husband are both from Brazil. Our guests were so surprised when those songs started playing! Matty was extremely attentive during the whole process, meeting us in person a couple times and getting back to our emails super quickly. He had a process for learning about what we like and don't like, which means you just have to follow his lead and everything will work out perfectly. We filled out a few questionnaires and talked about our personal style, so that the wedding could feel like us. We ended up with a really fun playlist, including classic rock for dinner - which again surprised our guests! He also added party lights, which really helped create the dance floor mood!

During the wedding, he also handled microphones and played really well with all other vendors, such as the string quartet and the videographers when they needed to plug in to capture the mic sound.

Working with Matty was completely stress-free and during the whole process and wedding day we felt he was in control and ready to adapt. We highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Matty was the most amazing DJ I have ever heard at a wedding. Every aspect of the music was well orchestrated and seamless. We had selected quite a variety of genres - classical prior to the service, jazz during the cocktail hour and dinner, and dancing music once the first dances and speeches were over, and Matty handled it all. His playlist was phenomenal, and each song blended expertly into the next resulting in the dance floor being totally packed the entire time. So many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. He was great in accepting requests and had every single song that was asked for. Don't even consider anyone else. If you want the best DJ around, select MD Music & Entertainment.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2017

Matty was the best! Not only was he a great DJ, but he checked in on us throughout the night and made sure he was around if we had any special requests! We would highly recommend MD Music & Entertainment for your special day, you will not be disappointed. Thanks again!!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Caleb & Trina L · Married on 10/20/2017

Matty is AMAZING to work with!

Matty was amazing to work with! He was friendly, knowledgeable about a wide range of music, and a fantastic partner during both the preparation and on the day of our wedding. He helped accommodate every request, including a few tricky ones that made his job harder, but made our day perfect. He worked seamlessly with the rest of our team and was the utmost professional. Most importantly, he kept the party flowing without a lot of chatter, but always directing people’s attention to where they needed to be. We have recommended him to several of our friends and those who have worked with him have had the same awesome experience. We HIGHLY recommend Matty for your next wedding or event - he’ll be the first person we call for ours that’s for sure!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Meredith · Married on 10/06/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Matty to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. Music can make or break a wedding in my eyes and it was a huge stress of mine to find someone who could really make the party great. Matty was UNBELIEVABLE. Not only was he a dream to work with prior to the wedding and gave me SO much great advice when it came to music, timing, introductions etc. but was absolutely amazing the day of. Our dance floor was filled ALL night long and our guests continue to RAVE about how phenomenal Matty was. Our friends are even hiring him for their wedding next fall because they were so impressed! Matty also coordinated the live music for my ceremony and cocktail hour which turned out perfect! We are so thankful to Matty and his team for making our wedding so amazing!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/20/2017

Matty was the best DJ I have ever heard. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He helped to work on my timeline of the wedding and calm me down when I became anxious and excited. He met with me in person twice before the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. He also responded quickly to all emails. I have very specific requests and Matty fulfilled my wishes. My 30 year old friends as well as my grandmother both said Matty was their favorite wedding DJ. He had everyone dancing the whole night. His pricing too was more than reasonable. I would use him again in a heart beat.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

Matty was an awesome DJ, definitely one of the best decisions I made in the whole wedding process! The survey you have to fill out makes you think of everything you could possible want. He responds super-fast to emails, and takes the time to talk with you before the wedding to make sure he knows exactly what you want. He also gives a timeline for the night that is perfect! Our parents, friends, family, all loved Matty and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Matty helped make our wedding a blast, and I would recommend him to anyone for any event!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Alexandra · Married on 08/05/2017

Matty so awesome about setting up for the ceremony early so we could do sound checks for our rehearsal. The ceremony itself was literally perfect sound wise which was incredible since the three musicians were all family so we really appreciated his hard work with that.

The flow of the evening was great going between our first dance, the speeches, the Greek dances, and the larger dance sets. The dance floor was packed the whole night which is exactly what we wanted! We loved how he made sure to play some of our favorites but also had a really good mix of classics and popular dance songs. He had great energy throughout the evening! Also, Matty worked with my dad on a special mix for our Father- Daughter dance. I was super surprised and it was a very special moment for me. :)

We can't thank Matty enough for being such an important part of our special day!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Andrew · Married on 07/30/2017

Groom's Perspective: For me I had three major concerns for the wedding; I wanted great a venue, great food/drinks, and a fantastic DJ. Venue is easy because you can walk in and check it out. Food and drinks are easy because you can taste test them. But how do you know if you're getting a good DJ? A DJ is more than just a human playlist. A DJ has to feel the room and see what the crowd is reacting to, balancing what the bride and groom requested with what is best for the moment. MD Music went above and beyond in every aspect I could have hoped for and the party was a blast.

The Process: My biggest worry was that no one would dance and everyone would just be moping at the sides. My family is particularly stiff and hard to get dancing, my wife’s side (she is a bit younger) had a lot of recent college grads (21 - 23 year olds). So lots of different people to please. My wife and I wanted more of a modern playlist and no classic wedding songs (no cha-cha slide, cotton eye joe, etc). MD Music has different DJ’s for different types of taste in Music; we got DJ Nestor who specialized in this type of genre. We expressed our general taste in music but stressed that we were flexible and wanted Nestor to play whatever he felt was right. He asked us to each create playlists with our general taste in music. My specific tastes vary widely from Bill Withers, to Big Sean, and indie bands like Mutemath.

The Outcome: I wish Nestor recorded the mix he played at the wedding because I would listen to it daily. He seamlessly blended my favorite songs (that weren’t dance songs) with dance rhythms. I couldn’t help but stop for a second in awe and say to my wife “can you believe this?”. Every song that dropped had the crowd cheering. Absolutely perfect. My friends tell me, I had one of the best wedding they’ve ever been to.

Would hire again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/21/2017

MD Music & Entertainment's reply:

Wow Andrew!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Nestor had an amazing time and I'm so glad you felt likewise! All the best to you guys and I hope we have the chance to celebrate with you again.

Cosima · Married on 06/24/2017

MD Music & Entertainment provided such wonderful service and entertainment for the night. Accommodating to crowd requests (without going overboard) the music was enjoyed by all - young and old!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Eric · Married on 06/03/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Matty and Andy from MD Music and Entertainment. Matty was always quick to respond to our questions and provided great feedback and suggestions where we needed direction. Andy was our DJ for our wedding, and everything was absolutely perfect. We definitely had a wide variety of music that we wanted to be played on our wedding day and Andy created the perfect set list for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. The dance floor was full the entire night! We cannot recommend Matty and Andy highly enough!

Sent on 08/24/2017
  • Z

Zac · Married on 04/30/2017

We are overjoyed with how perfect our wedding night was and a HUGE reason it went so seamlessly and was so incredibly fun was because of Matty. We are beyond impressed with his professionalism and talent! Matty's timing and choice of songs could not have been any better! Our guests keep complementing how wonderful Matty was and we could not agree more!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ Matty was absolutely excellent to work with, we cannot recommend him enough! My husband and I were impressed with Matty from the very beginning, he was incredibly responsive and accommodating starting with our initial outreach over email. Matty listened carefully to our requests and also provided helpful insight when we were unsure of what to do. DJ Matty kept the entire crowd at our wedding dancing from start to finish. We had countless guests compliment us on our music and DJ selection! DJ Matty is simply the best!

Sent on 06/20/2017

tom · Married on 01/27/2017

We can't thank DJ Matty Stuart enough for being the DJ at our wedding. He was incredibly easy to work with and his philosophy of how to work a party completely aligned with what we wanted. He kept the party going and the dance floor filled from the moment we entered the room until the end of the night. We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 02/05/2017