MD Music & Entertainment Reviews

35 MD Music & Entertainment Reviews
  • Sarah

Sarah Meahl · Married on 10/21/2018

The Guardian of the Dance Floor

I had the BEST experience with DJ Matty.
    From our first meeting, he was so cool and knowledgable and fun and easy to talk to. He was so completely organized, full of info I would have never thought of. He was completely tried and true.
    I loved the database he used to acquire all the information and songs I wanted at the wedding. He made notes and asked questions between our first and second meeting. We used his run down of the day as the BIBLE for the wedding day.
    I felt so safe with him DJing our ceremony as well as DJing the reception. And I was right to feel safe and trust him completely. I even told him my family drama so he could be on his toes incase we needed a music switch. He nailed it and played the perfect song at all the perfect times and the transitions were incredibly thou through and amazingly paired. The millennials and the baby boomers alike were all LOVING the music and everyone danced the night away.
    I personally (as the bride) felt like I had a friend/guardian angel who was standing at the front of dance floor seeing and running everything all night long. I felt really safe and wanted to have him hang out and drink beers with us. I love him as a person and a DJ and I recommend him always.

Brian S · Married on 10/07/2018

Matty D and MD Music & Entertainment are FANTASTIC

Matty D was the DJ for my wedding in early October 2018. I'm writing to enthusiastically offer my highest recommendation for his company's services.

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled with every step of the process, from when we had our initial discussion with Matty (prior to signing a contract), to walking through how we envisioned our big day going over the months leading up to the event, to meeting up with him as the date approached. He was professional and just perfectly on the ball throughout. Every time we communicated, by email, phone or in person, he put us at ease, gave us confidence, and made it clear through his thoughtfulness and enthusiasm that that everything was under control and going to be awesome.

Then the wedding came around, and it WAS awesome. Our friends and our parents' friends were dancing and having a blast all evening. So many of our people came up throughout the night to tell us how much they were enjoying the music and the flow of the party. Even after the event, we heard such good feedback from all of our friends about how perfect the music was. Matty D helped set the tone for an unforgettable event, and my wife and I are so grateful. We had spent so much time and attention planning what we hoped would be the perfect wedding experience, and thanks in large part to Matty's partnership and expertise, it turned out absolutely wonderfully.

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

Matty and Nestor were great to work with. They took great care in making sure they knew what we wanted at our wedding. They were professional, knowledgeable, easy to communicate with and a lot of fun to talk to! They hit every mark for us. We loved working with them. I highly recommend!

• Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2018

Matty still have our guests talking about how much they danced at our wedding

It’s been several months since our wedding and we still have people coming up to us and saying how much they loved the music at our wedding. My husband and I have broad taste in music and Matty did such a great job of weaving together all the music we love, from the old motown hits to the newest top forty. Working with Matty was great, he was always organized and new the right questions to ask, he helped us will all the major song selections and gave us great advice. In addition, he was just a genuinely nice, down to earth, guy. The second we met him it was clear he was perfect for us. Book him now!!

Jeffrey · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend Matty to DJ any event! Working with Matty was super easy and he shared all of his knowledge about weddings to make sure we had the schedule and cadence we were looking for. He worked with us on the timing of the first dances, speeches and even shared we should do a toast near the end of the night. So glad we did that! -- We asked Matty to create what we called the "Diva mix" which was 30 minutes of music from Divas (Whitney, Mariah, Cher, etc.) and it was such a hit! The night was everything we wanted because the music kept the energy going.

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Matty was the most amazing DJ I have ever heard at a wedding. Every aspect of the music was well orchestrated and seamless. We had selected quite a variety of genres - classical prior to the service, jazz during the cocktail hour and dinner, and dancing music once the first dances and speeches were over, and Matty handled it all. His playlist was phenomenal, and each song blended expertly into the next resulting in the dance floor being totally packed the entire time. So many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. He was great in accepting requests and had every single song that was asked for. Don't even consider anyone else. If you want the best DJ around, select MD Music & Entertainment.

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2017

Matty was the best! Not only was he a great DJ, but he checked in on us throughout the night and made sure he was around if we had any special requests! We would highly recommend MD Music & Entertainment for your special day, you will not be disappointed. Thanks again!!

Meredith · Married on 10/06/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Matty to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. Music can make or break a wedding in my eyes and it was a huge stress of mine to find someone who could really make the party great. Matty was UNBELIEVABLE. Not only was he a dream to work with prior to the wedding and gave me SO much great advice when it came to music, timing, introductions etc. but was absolutely amazing the day of. Our dance floor was filled ALL night long and our guests continue to RAVE about how phenomenal Matty was. Our friends are even hiring him for their wedding next fall because they were so impressed! Matty also coordinated the live music for my ceremony and cocktail hour which turned out perfect! We are so thankful to Matty and his team for making our wedding so amazing!!

Danielle · Married on 08/20/2017

Matty was the best DJ I have ever heard. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He helped to work on my timeline of the wedding and calm me down when I became anxious and excited. He met with me in person twice before the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. He also responded quickly to all emails. I have very specific requests and Matty fulfilled my wishes. My 30 year old friends as well as my grandmother both said Matty was their favorite wedding DJ. He had everyone dancing the whole night. His pricing too was more than reasonable. I would use him again in a heart beat.

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

Matty was an awesome DJ, definitely one of the best decisions I made in the whole wedding process! The survey you have to fill out makes you think of everything you could possible want. He responds super-fast to emails, and takes the time to talk with you before the wedding to make sure he knows exactly what you want. He also gives a timeline for the night that is perfect! Our parents, friends, family, all loved Matty and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Matty helped make our wedding a blast, and I would recommend him to anyone for any event!

Alexandra · Married on 08/05/2017

Matty so awesome about setting up for the ceremony early so we could do sound checks for our rehearsal. The ceremony itself was literally perfect sound wise which was incredible since the three musicians were all family so we really appreciated his hard work with that.

The flow of the evening was great going between our first dance, the speeches, the Greek dances, and the larger dance sets. The dance floor was packed the whole night which is exactly what we wanted! We loved how he made sure to play some of our favorites but also had a really good mix of classics and popular dance songs. He had great energy throughout the evening! Also, Matty worked with my dad on a special mix for our Father- Daughter dance. I was super surprised and it was a very special moment for me. :)

We can't thank Matty enough for being such an important part of our special day!

Andrew · Married on 07/30/2017

Groom's Perspective: For me I had three major concerns for the wedding; I wanted great a venue, great food/drinks, and a fantastic DJ. Venue is easy because you can walk in and check it out. Food and drinks are easy because you can taste test them. But how do you know if you're getting a good DJ? A DJ is more than just a human playlist. A DJ has to feel the room and see what the crowd is reacting to, balancing what the bride and groom requested with what is best for the moment. MD Music went above and beyond in every aspect I could have hoped for and the party was a blast.

The Process: My biggest worry was that no one would dance and everyone would just be moping at the sides. My family is particularly stiff and hard to get dancing, my wife’s side (she is a bit younger) had a lot of recent college grads (21 - 23 year olds). So lots of different people to please. My wife and I wanted more of a modern playlist and no classic wedding songs (no cha-cha slide, cotton eye joe, etc). MD Music has different DJ’s for different types of taste in Music; we got DJ Nestor who specialized in this type of genre. We expressed our general taste in music but stressed that we were flexible and wanted Nestor to play whatever he felt was right. He asked us to each create playlists with our general taste in music. My specific tastes vary widely from Bill Withers, to Big Sean, and indie bands like Mutemath.

The Outcome: I wish Nestor recorded the mix he played at the wedding because I would listen to it daily. He seamlessly blended my favorite songs (that weren’t dance songs) with dance rhythms. I couldn’t help but stop for a second in awe and say to my wife “can you believe this?”. Every song that dropped had the crowd cheering. Absolutely perfect. My friends tell me, I had one of the best wedding they’ve ever been to.

Would hire again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/21/2017

MD Music & Entertainment's reply:

Wow Andrew!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Nestor had an amazing time and I'm so glad you felt likewise! All the best to you guys and I hope we have the chance to celebrate with you again.

Cosima · Married on 06/24/2017

MD Music & Entertainment provided such wonderful service and entertainment for the night. Accommodating to crowd requests (without going overboard) the music was enjoyed by all - young and old!

Eric · Married on 06/03/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Matty and Andy from MD Music and Entertainment. Matty was always quick to respond to our questions and provided great feedback and suggestions where we needed direction. Andy was our DJ for our wedding, and everything was absolutely perfect. We definitely had a wide variety of music that we wanted to be played on our wedding day and Andy created the perfect set list for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. The dance floor was full the entire night! We cannot recommend Matty and Andy highly enough!

• Z

Zac · Married on 04/30/2017

We are overjoyed with how perfect our wedding night was and a HUGE reason it went so seamlessly and was so incredibly fun was because of Matty. We are beyond impressed with his professionalism and talent! Matty's timing and choice of songs could not have been any better! Our guests keep complementing how wonderful Matty was and we could not agree more!

Courtney · Married on 04/29/2017

DJ Matty was absolutely excellent to work with, we cannot recommend him enough! My husband and I were impressed with Matty from the very beginning, he was incredibly responsive and accommodating starting with our initial outreach over email. Matty listened carefully to our requests and also provided helpful insight when we were unsure of what to do. DJ Matty kept the entire crowd at our wedding dancing from start to finish. We had countless guests compliment us on our music and DJ selection! DJ Matty is simply the best!

tom · Married on 01/27/2017

We can't thank DJ Matty Stuart enough for being the DJ at our wedding. He was incredibly easy to work with and his philosophy of how to work a party completely aligned with what we wanted. He kept the party going and the dance floor filled from the moment we entered the room until the end of the night. We highly recommend him!!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/15/2017

Of all of the vendors we hired for our wedding, MD Music was the one in which we had the most confidence!!!! We are so thrilled that we hired MD Music & Entertainment. Matty and Stephen were amazing! We were very specific with the requests we had from our ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception. We love that we were able to use MD Music for our instrumental for our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful and people are asking us for the names of the musicians to that they can hire them for future events!
    We hired a live drummer and saxophone to play along the DJ during the reception and it was UNBELIEVABLE! The sound and beat was incredible!!!

We also hired their photo booth services and we were able to customize every single detail! The lighting we used was so pretty and made the room really stand out.
    Matty and Stephen were extremely professional and accommodating. Stephen was on point! He was so helpful and had the dance floor packed all night! Everyone was dancing and having a great time throughout the reception. We were very specific about the way we wanted our introduction to be, and Stephen did a great job!
    These guys provided my husband and I with many resources prior to the event so we can plan out the songs we wanted.
    They answered any questions we had! Awesome job and cannot thank you enough!!
    Trust me when I say that I am very particular about how I want things done, and these guys made it all happen to perfection!

DJ Matty was absolutely AMAZING! He was incredibly accommodating! We did our initial meeting via Facetime which made things super easy but still got my husband and I to meet him and get a feel for him prior to putting our down payment in. DJ Matty was super flexible. Day of our wedding we had to switch some speeches around and he was quick to adjust quickly. All out guests commented how amazing he was, how great the music and the flow was, and we truly could not have asked for better! We would recommend Matt to anyone in a heartbeat! :-)

We live in California and got married in New Jersey. Matty was amazing and so accommodating with our schedules. We communicated over email and Facetime. The survey that we filled out was extremely helpful and a lot of fun to fill out. He took what we gave him and gave us the perfect ceremony and reception music. We loved how he helped move everything along but let his music do the work. He did a great job playing a wide range of music and everything went together seamlessly. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the music was. We would recommend Matty and MD Music for anyone who wants to have an amazing time at their wedding!

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2016

DJ Matty Stuart was the most memorable part of our wedding this past August at The Roundhouse in Beacon New York. Not only did he have a vast and detailed music selection that we could choose from online on our own time, he also made time for two in person meetings. He has a great knowledge of music and more importantly a great talent for reading a room! Our party never stopped. Our event flowed smoothly the entire night. When we had to make time for speeches and announcements he easily captured the attention of the room, and just as quickly got everyone back on their feet as though the music never stopped. MD Music and Entertainment rocks and we could not recommend him more.

Joanna · Married on 08/21/2016

Matty was an amazing DJ at our wedding!! He's really friendly and easy to work with, and I felt confident that he understood what we were looking for from our meetings leading up to the wedding. He also provided sound for our ceremony, and was really accommodating -- there was rain in the forecast and the possibility that the ceremony had to be moved under a tent (it was), but I wanted to wait until the last possible minute. The reception music was a perfect mix of our preferences and top hits -- my husband and I still smile and think back to our wedding every time certain songs come on the radio. You can tell Matty really knows and loves music. Thank you!

ray · Married on 08/06/2016

My wedding was a month ago and my friends and family are still bringing up how AMAZING the music was. It was perfect, and so many different types of people - who don't even like the same music- just all loved it! It really made us and our guests have a truly fantastic time. He understood what we wanted, had a good feeling for when to play which songs/ for how long.. he felt the crowed and made sure everyone was having a good time! He even was great with some last minute requests/changes.

They are really easy to talk to and very responsive. They always have time to talk to you about your preferences and makes sure they understands what you want. I found this company because Matty was the dj for my best friends wedding- I loved it so much I asked for him for my wedding, but he was already booked! So, we used his colleague - Andy - and were still unbelievable impressed! It just couldn't be better.

Hallie · Married on 05/15/2016

Matty MADE our wedding! He has such a good sense of how to curate the evening - picking alll the right jams for the dance floor but also knowing when you need a slower song to catch your breath. He's also just an all-around wedding expert. He helped us figure out the flow of the whole event and had great ideas to keep our guests happy (he suggested a mini dance party between our first dance and dinner - amazing! Everyone was on the floor and had so much energy, and Matty picked timeless hits that guests of all ages could sing along to.)

Matty was also so easy to work with - always quick to respond and offer up ideas, and super friendly.

We spontaneously added an extra hour at the end of the night because we just weren't ready for the party to stop, and I have to say it was my favorite part of the wedding. All our friends were on the floor dancing, singing, hugging, and he pulled out all the stops for that last hour. We had multiple guests tell us this was their favorite DJ ever.

There's a lot to stress about with wedding planning, but Matty really made things as easy as possible. We couldn't have had a better experience working with him.

Natalie · Married on 04/29/2016

We first met Matty at my sister's wedding in October 2015. He was professional and kept the guests at her wedding dancing all night! Although he wasn't personally available for our wedding, he recommended DJ Nestor to us. Both Matty and Nestor met with us prior to the wedding and really listened to our wishes as far as music. The online survey was fun to fill out and they truly used our selections. Matty was prompt with his responses and always available either by phone or email during the planning. Nestor was the ultimate professional at our reception, who kept the party going all night! He was sure to check in with us periodically during the reception, and did exactly what we discussed ahead of time. Our guests still talk about our wedding and how great the music was! When we look back at our pictures, we see how much fun everyone had and the lighting they provided was the perfect touch on an already perfect night! Thank you Matty and Nestor!