McMenamins Edgefield Reviews

115 | Troutdale, OR

115 Reviews for McMenamins Edgefield

Melinda · Married on 06/18/2010

Edgefield was the far best venue for affordability, atmosphere, quality of food and variety. Most guests commented on how excited they were to finally go to a wedding at Edgefield! Staff was over the top! I didn't have a single thing to worry about on my big day! Kara was on top of everything and always 2 steps ahead of me! Thank you everyone! Kudos to Gregory and his staff the night of our ceremony. He was fantastic! Most organized crew I have ever seen. Can't wait to go to someone else's wedding there!
    Melinda Shoote
    Vancouver, WA

Sent on 08/03/2010

Heidi · Married on 06/10/2010

Edgefield is absolutly gorgeous!! We were supposed to get married in the Administraters Side Yard. But two days before our wedding it rained and rained. The forcast was rain throughout the week. My wedding coordinater was great! She moved us to Blackberry Hall (which happened to be out first choice and it was available). Our rooms and the grounds were so beautiful and relaxing. We will be coming back just to stay or for a lunch date! The Black Rabbit catered and was so yummy!

Sent on 08/30/2010
  • milton1681

Melissa · Married on 06/05/2010

We had a lot of people coming in from out of town and the ENTIRE staff at Edgefield did everything to make us feel at home.
    Colleen and her team were there every step of the way for us and having planned the wedding from Ohio - I needed all the support. I could ask for opinions and I got candid, honest responses. The food was great and so was the service!
    There honestly wasn't one thing that we could or would have asked for more than we kindly received from the staff.

Sent on 06/30/2010
  • bschenkman

Brian · Married on 11/14/2009

McMenamins Edgefield was an outstanding venue for our wedding ceremony/reception. Colleen was a model of professionalism in helping our vision of a perfect wedding day come to fruition. The location is just spectacular for everyone involved, from locals who travelled from Portland to out of town guests who travelled across the country. There is so much to do on the site. Blackberry Hall was perfect for our reception of 120 guests. Our guests enjoyed the rooms, food, decor, The Soaking Pool, Lucky Staehlys Pool Hall, The Distillery, and the many other cool locations.

Sent on 03/13/2010

Jamie · Married on 07/01/2018

Venue was great making it an all-in-one service. Food, cake, venue, tables, chairs and all for one price. It was outstanding.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Tonya · Married on 08/13/2016

Edgefield was absolutely amazing for our special day. Cynthia was helpful, patient and all around awesome to work with. We did a pizza buffet with heavy appetizers. Turns out even the pizza is deelish. Our wedding was fantastic and we are so pleased to have had it here. The staff were great and everything came together smoothly. Corn hole game was a big hit! Ceremony was at Blackberry Meadow and the reception was at Blackberry Hall. This venue is fantastic. Check it out!

Sent on 09/19/2016

We had our ceremony in the Power Station Theater at 1. The lighting was perfect and the space was great for our little ceremony. We rented the arbor and it served as a great backdrop.
    The Barley Room was really fun and the staff was amazing with the buffet and the drinks that we chose.
    It was a perfect little wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Heath · Married on 06/07/2014

Mindy Orvis was excellent to work with. She helped us through the entire process. Her knowledge and planning abilities helped us to prepare and complete the wedding n a much better fashion. The site was great. make sure folks reserve rooms ASAP as they do fill up. The golf before the rehearsal dinner was fun....anyone can do it! There is a minimum to be spent, make sure you do so. Mindy or the other planners can properly help you do that.

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • User3920685 · 2+ years ago

I really enjoyed the place and we really like McMenamins, Food was amazing and service was very accurate and on time. I will always remember this place! One of the best in Oregon.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Douglas · Married on 12/12/2013

Our experience with Mcmenamins Edgefield was great. We did not encounter any problems what so ever. Tiffany Yasui handled everything perfectly for us. We changed our menu multiple times and had some special requests. Our wedding was amazing and went off without a hitch.

Sent on 12/19/2013

We booked the Administrator's yard for our wedding reception and our coordinator, Larissa, was great. We had all our questions answered in a timely manner and changes to our event plan never seemed to be a hassle for Larissa to manage. Everyone absolutely loved the venue and the option to spend the night onsite was an added bonus. No surprises... everything was well explained. Encourage guests to book rooms early.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Selina · Married on 09/12/2010

We used the Blackberry Hall and Meadow for our wedding. It was beautiful. They were very helpful with choosing linens and menus. They have a huge wine and beer list and you choose over ten for your event. There is no fee for the space, you just pay a food and drink minimum.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Sara · Married on 11/02/2008

I found that the event coordination staff was very responsive. I did all the wedding planning myself, and because the McMenamins locations host a number of events all the time, the coordinator is really experienced and was very helpful in providing information and helping me with "what other people have done and has worked well..." type information. This helped a lot moving through the process. Having someone who was such a good contact also helped with having a point person who could answer questions. The service was excellent, the hospitality was great. They do not do much with direction at the actual event, but they help with a lot of steps along the way. The cost was really good for what we got. We compared it to other options, and were very happy with the per person cost.

Sent on 11/16/2008

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Edgefield's Blackberry Meadow and Hall exceeded our expectations for a wedding venue! Our event coordinators were prompt to respond to emails and phone calls, and they were happy to meet with us on two occasions prior to the wedding. They took detailed notes on our event so that everything would flow smoothly. On the day of the wedding, the tables and chairs were even set up a bit early so that my family could begin the decorating earlier than anticipated. My husband and I had not sampled our specific dinner choice, but we were happily surprised with the quality of the food and the professionalism of the catering staff. My reason for rating the venue a 4 on flexibility is simply that McMenamins Edgefield has certain parameters about times and decorations that need to be respected, but they are quite reasonable. I highly recommend this venue for a whimsical, fun wedding spot!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Bonnie · Married on 07/17/2016

Don't book on a concert night. Overall it was awesome, just very crowded in the public areas.

Sent on 07/30/2016

We recently had our wedding in The Attic at McMenamins Edgefield and everything was absolutely perfect. The location was unique and beautiful, everyone loved the grounds at Edgefield and there was so much to do and experience. The grounds are also a very lovely and diverse place for pictures. The entire staff at Edgefield made planning an event there really easy and reasonable and, in some instances, they went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went as planned. The Catering staff did a great job on the food and setup throughout the entire evening to make sure the event flowed well. I would highly recommend this location for a wedding or other event or just for a fun, unique vacation.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Katy · Married on 10/25/2014

Our wedding was awesome! They were very flexible and open to what we wanted, made it so easy to plan our wedding because their venue space is already so "mcmenamins style", you don't have to add a lot. The food was great, as well as the bar. The staff was also great and kept the tables cleared of dirty plates and kept everything running smoothly. Mcmenamins is the best! Makes for AMAZING pictures also! Very stress-free planning.

Sent on 11/20/2014

We love the Edgefield and it did not disappoint as a wedding party venue following our small wedding off-site. We booked the Barley Room and it was the perfect size for our 35 guests. The food was great and we were glad to have the drink-ticket service, both to avoid having to pay gazillions for alcohol and also to make sure people could drive home safely. On the evening of our winter solstice wedding, we also were surprised with a bonus service: carolers in costume came and sang to our group, including requests! We are now thinking of having anniversary parties here in the future. Oh, one more thing - we booked rooms overnight for ourselves and a couple of guests, and then had a lovely breakfast in the morning with them before leaving for our honeymoon. That turned out to be a great idea, and we highly recommend doing that, given that there is also a great spa and beautiful hot pool to send you off all relaxed and happy.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/05/2013

It was amazingly easy to plan, even while I was living in San Diego. Mandy, our event coordinator, was amazing. Total dream wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Shea · Married on 11/11/2011

Edgefield is obviously awesome. And compared with other places, it's surprisingly low-priced. We and our wedding guests had a blast out there, and I want to give it a full 5 stars, but there were a couple things on our reception day (wedding was the day before somewhere else) that knocked Quality of Service down to a 4...
    But before I get into the negatives, I want to make clear that the event planner we worked with was awesome. She herself gets 5 stars for sure. She was always incredibly helpful and responsive, no matter how many questions or issues I threw at her.

The problems we ran into were these:
    1) One of the drinks we were hosting at the bar was supposed to be a non-alcoholic beer (unusual but necessary in our families), yet when it was ordered, the bartender didn't have any idea it was supposed to be stocked, and it never managed to make it's way to our party. I'm not sure why that problem couldn't be easily solved, but for whatever reason, we never saw the non-alcoholic beer that we were supposed to be hosting show up.
    2) When we arrived in the room for our reception, we discovered that the projector for the slideshow was set up on a table WAY too close to the screen. In order to remedy this, we had to re-arrange tables and find an extension cord for the thing. It took a considerable amount of our time that we were supposed to be spending doing photos, so that was frustrating. And it just seemed silly since they must use projectors out there enough to know how to set them up. Mostly we were annoyed that we had to fix the problem ourselves as no one who worked there was anywhere to be found.

Other than those things, a HUGE plus is that they let you take home the leftovers from your dinner buffet. What?! That's great! So I definitely recommend Edgefield as a wedding/reception venue, just make sure you double-check the details on the day, with plenty of time to spare.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Sierra · Married on 08/14/2008

Mcmenamins Edgefield was the perfect place for my wedding! The staff was excellent, very flexible and easy to work with. The prices are really reasonable and they have a variety of choices.

Sent on 10/24/2008

Mason · Married on 10/11/2014

Aside from the unique and beautiful spaces, one of the best parts of having a wedding at Edgefield is that they can handle so many aspects of the event in-house and at a very reasonable rate. When it was all said-and-done we came in at or below budget and pulled off a beautiful event without hiring anyone outside to put things together.

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • User4522081 · 2+ years ago

Our planning went very well. We had the opportunity to work with two event coordinators, and they provided a smooth transition. Both event coordinators were very responsive in answering questions, via email and/or phone, especially since we planned the wedding from a different state. They were also very accommodating to allow us to visit/view the venue multiple times. As the final details were made, our event coordinator was very helpful, responsive, and prompt to finalizing and making some changes to our event contract, up to the week before the event. The staff during the event were very professional and nice.

There was some confusion with the delivery of the final bill. The presentation and explanation could have been better outlined as to how our prepaid portion was applied and a better explanation of what remained our final bill. If we were clearly informed of the process before hand, it would have eliminated some confusion at the end. Eventually our questions were answered, and things were clearly explained.

Overall we were thrilled with our choice in venue! Our wedding day was beautiful, and Edgefield provided the atmosphere we desired. We would recommend any McMenamins venue to our family and friends.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Leslee · Married on 08/09/2014

We had a great time at our wedding, and so did everyone else because the Edgefield is so fun! Our wedding Coordinator Larissa was very helpful leading up to the event and the day of. Our food was great, everything ran smoothly! The only thing I rated them not high on was Flexibility and that is only because the McMenamin's has various policies that we had to abide by. BUt in thier favor, these policies are all clear up front and by no means did they detract from the party (things like closing time, food outside, etc.).

Sent on 08/24/2014

Amelia · Married on 10/11/2009

I only had my reception at McMenamin's Edgefield, my ceremony was held off-site. Overall I was soooo happy with my service and planning with Edgefield. My events coordinator was Tiffany Yasui. She was amazing! She was always available for me and very flexible, able to change anything for me when I had even last minute changes the day before! The wait staff are bartenders were cheerful, personable, and fast :)

The only negative thing I heard from anyone that was involved in my reception was from my wedding planner. The folks that were supposed to set up tables were not as helpful as she would've liked/needed. She said when she asked for tables to be set up that had not been they told her that they didn't need to be set up until right before. She had a conversation with Tiffany who immediately resolved the issue.

I never even noticed, nor did my guests. Everyone had a wonderful time and the venue is so gorgeous and neat. I very highly recommend Edgefield to every bride!

Sent on 10/28/2009