McMenamins Crystal Hotel & Ballroom Reviews

6 | Portland, OR

6 Reviews for McMenamins Crystal Hotel & Ballroom

• Kristine

Kristine · Married on 05/27/2017

We can’t rave enough about our experience at the Crystal Ballroom. Choosing it as a venue for our wedding was the best decision we made. We took a brewery tour of the Crystal Ballroom while looking for wedding venues. When we walked into the Crystal Ballroom, the decision was immediate and unanimous.

It's beautiful and immense. From the ornate murals on the walls to the chandeliers and the floating dance floor, we were absolutely blown away. This is in addition to an impressive light and sound system, the mezzanine seating, and the history of the 100-year-old building that greets you when you go up the stairs.

I have to admit, it was really daunting thinking about hiring separate caterers, bartenders and rentals for venues we were looking at. The price just kept adding up. The Crystal Ballroom was so affordable. They took care of everything, from the food and alcohol to rental equipment, servers to pass our appetizers, bartenders for our bar, it was all included in the service. Kyle was our event coordinator for the wedding and he was the best vendor we interacted with throughout the wedding planning process. He responded quickly and was always positive and clear when we asked him questions. He had great ideas on little things we could add to make the wedding fun and was so easy to work with. Jonathon and the staff was so attentive and professional. I felt free to mingle and party without worrying about anything.

The DJ was so excited to play at the Ballroom because their sound and light system were top of the line. The Sound package gets you a light and sound engineer for the entire duration and was worth every penny! The dancefloor never stopped bouncing! It was so packed with dancers and so bouncy that those sitting down at the tables couldn’t help but join in on the dancing. The food was delicious! The beer and wine were amazing! The wedding was perfect. It was everything we could have hoped for and more!

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Trish693

Trish · Married on 10/23/2016

This is an amazing venue for a wedding. Thomas and Kyle were great to deal with as we were planning the wedding, but Jonathan was the king of the day. He made sure we had everything we needed and addressed every concern with a "we can do it" attitude!

Sent on 10/28/2016

As a bride, I dreamt about my wedding day as the perfect event to celebrate my love for my groom but also to host one hell of a party for my friends and family. And I certainly got that at the Crystal Ballroom! My fiancé and I had an absolute blast and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with McMenamins. When we were searching for venues, we knew we needed a large enough space to accommodate our 300 guests plus provide shade and/or indoor relief from the heat that typically befalls Portland during the middle of August. The Crystal Ballroom is spacious and unique -- starting with the dance floor. If you haven't danced on the floating dance floor, it's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience! McMenamins' level of service is bar-none -- from booking and organizing the venue with McMenamins' corporate sales and booking department (Thank you, Kyle Oman for ALL of your help!) -- to the servers and bartenders running around for us on the night of the wedding. The food was excellent, the McMenamins beer and wine is always a treat, and we were just so happy with everything overall. Our guests were impressed and so were we! 5 stars!!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

We had such a great experience having our ceremony and reception at the crystal ballroom. Everything from the tables and linens to the sound system was included so there was very little for us to worry about. The wedding coordinator we worked with was very friendly and responsive and made the while process stress-free. The food was awesome and the beer and wine delicious. There is just a food and beverage minimum with no charge to rent the space and it even included tables and linens. Can't beat the value and the bouncing dance floor was so much fun!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Autumn · Married on 06/02/2012

Our wedding at the Crystal Ballroom was so amazing and special! The Crystal Ballroom is so beautiful and didn't need anything for decor. Daniel was enjoyable to work with and McMenamins was the best choice because the food was amazing!

Sent on 06/03/2012

3.6
      3.5
      3.0
      3.5

This is a beautiful venue. The food was okay. Most of the guests seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was rather bland and boring though. The staff was responsive and friendly. We had no issues with anything at the venue.

Sent on 06/11/2014