McLoone's Pier House Reviews

McLoone's Pier House 3
McLoone's Pier House 4
McLoone's Pier House 5

Madison · Married on 06/04/2016

I highly recommend McLoone's Pier House!! My wedding was on June 4, 2016 and I had the best day of my life, largely thanks to how great of a job McLoone's did. The view cannot be beat - our guests loved the room and the fact that we were able to open the windows to let the sea breeze in the whole night. People raved about the food - how good it was and also how plentiful it was! My family and friends have told me over and over again how fun our wedding was, and that is some of the best feedback to get (after all the hard work and thought that goes into it)!

Trish was so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. She answered questions promptly and gave great advice when we asked. On the day of the event, Nelson (the maitre d) was on top of everything and the whole day went smoothly. I had absolutely nothing to worry about, so I was able to have the time of my life at my wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2016

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks so much for your great review Madison! It was great working with the two of you. Your guests had such an amazing time and we are so happy that they enjoyed everything. Come back and visit us!

Latasha · Married on 05/07/2016

It is even more beautiful in person. Go there, look at the space and eat at the restaurant. It really sealed the deal for us.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Lillian · Married on 04/16/2016

Katie was so great in helping us with our 4.16.16 wedding. Everything came together perfectly, we were able to customize everything from food to our outdoor beach ceremony. It was amazing and there were absolutely no regrets. McCloones was also the best priced out of all the venues on that stretch of beach. It was a dream wedding come true, thanks Katie!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 01/16/2016

McLoone's Pier House was the PERFECT venue for our wedding on January 16, 2016. The view from the banquet room is stunning and provided a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony and reception. The room was comfortable, with plenty of space for our guests to move around and have fun. We appreciated that the standard decor was so nice because we didn't have to stress as much about our own touches. All of the food was absolutely delicious and definitely a step above typical wedding offerings. Most importantly though, the planning help we received from Katie and the rest of the McLoone's banquet team leading up to our wedding was top notch. Katie was the easiest person to work with and always responded to my questions quickly and pleasantly. She made the whole process really enjoyable and we are so happy that we got to work with her. We wouldn't change a thing about our wedding and we wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Lou · Married on 10/25/2015

Allow me to start off by saying each of our daughter's Wedding Days are by far one of the most important days we will experience in our lives. It is a day filled with emotions, expectations and finally wishes for a bright and very happy future. It marks the beginning of another chapter in the life of the family.

Having said that, we also want and expect "everything" to be perfect on her wedding day. This, of course requires a great deal of time and effort to ensure the day is as perfect as it can be. I would share with those of you reading this, while you will spend hours upon hours planning your event, you will need the help and support of incredible people who wish to make your daughter's special day perfect.

In my search for a perfect location for a ceremony and a location for a reception for my daughter's wedding, I was lucky enough to have stopped in to speak to the professionals at McLoone's Pier House in Pier Village, Long Branch, New Jersey. My first contact was with Katie Kauffmann, who as it turned out, was a total professional, she was able to give us not just the information we needed but assured us that McLoone's could handle all of our needs to ensure my daughter's wedding would be that special day I was trying to achieve for her. As many questions as I had and I had a lot, there was never a time when either Katie or one of the other professional wedding planners from McLoone's didn't get back to me within a short period of time. Blair, Trish and Katie were and are total professionals when it comes to communications and the planning process. Another important person, who was the captain of the ship on the day of the wedding, was the Maitre D' Nelson. He guided all of us to where we had to be and took care of everyone and everything. He made everything we had to do on the day of the wedding seamless.

The food was so outstanding, the reception area so beautiful, the service by all so perfect that there wouldn't have changed anything.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Lil · Married on 10/17/2015

First let me tell you what went wrong: absolutely nothing! Trish and her staff were amazing from the first day we came to see the venue. Professional and patient, they were truly amazing to work with. As for the reception: Nelson and his staff were fantastic. The food was fabulous (and never ending at the cocktail hour which is incredibly rare!). The room was spacious, the backdrop of the ocean absolutely beautiful. They added their own candles and such to the tables alongside my centerpieces and it all looked beautiful. Everyone went on and on about all of the food, both taste and portions. As I said, the cocktail hour was incredible. My personal pet peeve is always with the hand served oer d'oeurves. There are generally never enough served. However, at McLoone's it was non stop. Right to the very end of the cocktail hour there were still oer d'oeurves being passed around.
    One caveat: due to the configuration of the room, if I had to do it over again, I would have put my table in the middle. Being long and narrow I felt I wasn't able to properly spend time with the back tables. But that takes nothing away from the staff at McLoone's. That's just a personal observation. Truly amazing night (as well as all the days before).

Sent on 10/19/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thank you so much, Lil, for the fabulous review! It was so great working with
    you and Mick on all of the plans for your reception. The colors and theme of
    the night looked so pretty in our room and I am so happy you had such a spectacular day. We look forward to seeing you when you stop in to dine with us in the future.
    Trish

Ryan · Married on 10/10/2015

We recently had our wedding reception on 10/10/15 at McLoone's Pier House and it was fantastic! From the initial meeting with Trish to the big day, Trish, Blaire, Katie, and Nelson all helped make sure everything went as planned and that our guests enjoyed everything. We had several enhancements to the menu that Trish and her team worked seamlessly into the evening. In the days leading up to the event, Trish worked well with our vendors and our planner to ensure every detail was executed as planned. Regarding the food, the menu was phenomenal and our guests are still raving about the quality of the Surf & Turf and the other entrees - in addition to the selection and quantity of food during cocktail hour. Overall, we would enthusiastically recommend McLoone's Pier House to anyone looking to book a wedding or any event. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/16/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review, R & D! The fall colors, beautiful floral arrangements, lighting and lounge furniture totally transformed the room for your night. We can't wait to see the photos! You were so easy to work with and we look forward to seeing you when you stop by.
    Thanks again!

Ann Marie and Flo · Married on 09/19/2015

We had our wedding at McLoone's and couldn't be more happier! Trish and Nelson were the most pleasant, professional and helpful wedding planner/maitre d you could want to deal with. Thank you soooo much for all your help! McLoone's was exceptional in service, food and location. As our guests were leaving the common thread of comments we received was, "this was the best wedding I have been to!" Thank you McLoone's for helping make this happen! We would highly recommend McLoone's for your wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks Flo and Ann Marie! We had such a great time planning with you. You and your guests were having such a great time dancing the night away! I hope you continue to come in and dine with us. You are an amazing couple and I look forward to your visits. All the best~Trish

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

We recently had our wedding at Mcloones 9/12/15 and it was amazing. Katie was so wonderful to work with. She covers every detail with you and lets you enjoy your perfect day. We had our ceremony on the beach and they have a great back up area if it rains. Katie also helped set up our rehearsal dinner which was great. Nelson is just incredible. He helped us coordinate our wedding rehearsal, made sure all guests were welcome, coordinated bridal party and groom entrance and catered to our every need. This venue and staff are just perfect for a wedding. All our guest raved about the food, views, and how great the venue was. Katie, Nelson and the staff helped make our day the best day ever.

Sent on 09/30/2015

I'll never be able to say enough wonderful things about McLoone's Pier House. I held my August 2015 ceremony & reception at McLoone's, and from the day we signed the contract until the last minute of the reception, the entire staff went above and beyond at every single opportunity. Trish, Katie, Nelson and the entire staff are absolute class acts. My wedding was better than anything I could have ever imagined all thanks to this unbelievable team. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and the food and drink options are excellent. The best part, however, is their pricing. We looked at a ton of Jersey Shore venues and McLoone's offered (BY FAR) the best pricing. If you want a stunning venue and exceptional service at a fraction of what you'll spend at neighboring venues, then look no further. Thank you for the best day of my life, McLoone's!

Sent on 09/24/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything and your wedding day was all you hoped it would be! Thank you so much for taking time to write~it is much appreciated.

Brian · Married on 08/01/2015

Trish was wonderful to work with. She was always pleasant, professional, friendly, flexible and truly
    enhanced the wedding process from start to finish. Nelson and the staff were very experienced
    and provided top notch service on the day of our wedding. McCloone's is an exquisite setting as
    it is right on the beach and all our guests raved about the food quality and quantity. Everything about
    McCloones met and exceeded our expectation, thank you to everyone for making our wedding
    such an extra special day.

Sent on 08/18/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks, Brian & Jessica, for taking time to write your review. We are so happy that you and your guests enjoyed the day. It was our pleasure!

Tara · Married on 07/11/2015

Our wedding ceremony and reception at McLoone's Pier House was everything we dreamed of and more. Our coordinator, Trish Reiss, worked closely with me to make sure that every detail was perfectly planned and executed. Our maitre'd, Nelson, was excellent and kept the pace of the day streamlined, even though we were an hour behind due to heavy shore traffic. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect, from the venue, food, and service. We received so many compliments from our guests about the spectacular food and setting. If you are looking for a beach wedding location with a relaxed atmosphere, fabulous food, and top-notch service, McLoone's Pier House should be at the top of your list!

Sent on 08/06/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Tara. It was great working with you
    and Jason on all of the details for the wedding ceremony and reception. You had a vision of what you wanted and it all came together beautifully and the weather was perfect! Hope to see you both next time you are in the area... I will miss working with you! Trish

Rebecca · Married on 05/02/2015

Perfect. Perfect in everyway. Trish and her team were amazing to work with. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Rey · Married on 03/15/2015

Perfect location, right on the beach!
    Food excellent!
    Helpful management and servers
    We cannot find words to describe how happy we are with the choice of this venue.
    We highly recommend Pier House McLoones for your next event.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Michael · Married on 11/08/2014

We met Katie Kauffmann at a same sex wedding expo, and fell for her on the spot. We went to see Pier House shortly after and knew that it was the place for us. We had a rather large guest list, but more than half of our relatives were from out of state, so we really weren't sure how many we would end up with, not a prob at all. We also had very definite ideas of what we wanted, but not necessarily how to go about doing it. Katie could NOT have been more helpful in making sure that we had every single possible detail right for our "cross between a 1950s supper club and a fairy tale" wedding. We wanted a cocktail reception, but were scared of it coming off like a buffet, which we definitely didn't want - Katie assured us it could be done and it exceeded our expectations. The food was AMAZING and there was so much of it. I can't tell you how many of our guests still talk about the meal. The ambiance of Pier house is flawless - all you see is is the ocean -it's like getting married on your own private island. I could go on (as you can probably tell) but I won't except for two final thoughts. There were two things that I was especially nervous about going into this. The first was being we were a gay couple, I didn't know how things would play out. Well. it was a complete non-issue from start to finish. I know that this is how it SHOULD be, but I didn't know if that was how it WOULD be. It was. The second was more specific to McLoones Pier House. because we were having our ceremony, cocktail hour and then the reception all in one room, it had to be reset 3 times during the evening. I didn't see HOW they would be able to do that without total turmoil. Again, Katie assured us it would be seamless and that no one would even notice, Idk if anyone else noticed, but I didn't and I knew the changes were coming. It was like all of a sudden the place was completely redone as if by magic. Like in a fairy tale. It was truly the wedding of our dreams, Thank you Katie and Pier House!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding at McLoones Pier House in September was absolutely perfect! Working with Trish was a dream and she made every request come true. Her attention to detail was impeccable. The staff was polite and diligent. Every need that my husband and I had was addressed. I would recommend this wedding venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2015

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thank you Alyssa! It was great working with you and Brooks on your special day. You were both a pleasure and we look forward to seeing you back at McLoone's Pier House for your one year anniversary.

Gina · Married on 07/03/2014

Working with Trish in setting up the wedding couldn't have been easier. She was accommodating every step of the way , from answering my crazy bride questions to making suggestions on florists and make up artists. The food was absolutely fantastic and Mcloones worked with us to come up with a unique clam bake theme reception we wanted.

On site Nelson, who we had read about in other reviews of the venue, proved to be a phenomenal maître d and insured that we had a terrific time at our wedding.

Service staff was a pleasure, bartenders were fast and pleasant, and of course the venue itself can't be beaten for views and atmosphere. On a scale of 1 to 10, Mcloones is an 11!

Sent on 07/16/2014

I can't not say enough about McLoones. The location is perfect, right on the beach, and even if it rains the view of the ocean is still spectacular. The food was amazing and Trish and Nelson were perfect to work with! They answered any and every question I had in a timely manner and really made us feel at ease. Weddings are stressful but they had everything covered and kept assuring us it would be perfect, and it was. If you are looking for a beach wedding with phenomenal food, great service, and beautiful views, this is the place!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 06/22/2014

I would highly recommend McLoones for any event! Thank you so much to the banquet team at McLoones for making our wedding an absolutely AMAZING party! Katie and her staff worked closely with us every step of the way. They helped us figure out timing for the event, menu choices, and every other decision. We had a beach ceremony and the weather was perfect! The set up on the beach was beautiful. The room was decorated beautifully and all of the staff was very attentive. The food was wonderful and everyone really enjoyed the selections that were provided. The crab cakes were so good we could not get enough of them. Nelson and his wait staff made our guests feel taken care of and they seemed to be everywhere before you even needed them. I could not think of a more perfect combination of food, drink, staff, and environment to celebrate one of the most important days of our lives.

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • C and P

C and P · Married on 06/22/2014

Wonderful Jersey Venue

Megan was especially helpful. Almost the entire wedding was arranged via email and phone but we had been to Pier House and were familiar with the wonderful venue. The parking is challenging though.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2014

This was the second of our back to back weddings. The first was in California and the second at McLoones. We had our ceremony in the sand and the party upstairs. IT WAS FLAWLESS. The location is beautiful. The room was lit so playfully - it added such ambiance to our party! The food was so good, like so good that I wish I wasn't wearing a semi-fitted dress good! From the random questions we had leading up to our wedding, the day before, day of, and day after, everyone was hospitable, accommodating, and so easy to work with.

I know that without the care and expertise the people at McLoones took in preparing and executing our wedding, we would have been distracted and not able to enjoy this very important day. I am so grateful and so happy that they took the kind of care they did, our wedding was one of the best days of my life and one we will remember it forever!

If you are looking for a venue in Long Branch NJ definitely check out McLoones!

To the staff who set it up, passed our appetizers, the hands that prepared our food, the bartenders who made sure everyone had a drink, and the ones who stayed late to break it down, thank you, thank you so much. Blair and Nelson, you two are awesome. Thank you for your attention to detail, in the preparation and the execution. I don't think it could have gone any better. It was perfect. xo

Sent on 06/27/2014

Meghan · Married on 05/25/2014

Mcloones was absolutely AMAZING. We searched high and low for a perfect waterfront location anywhere from New Jersey to Baltimore Maryland. When we walked into mcloones we knew it was the one. everyone was kind and helping and willing to work with us. the day before the wedding I had a meltdown because i forgot about the Challah! no need to worry - mcloones literally took care of everything. I was so worried about not having enough passed apps because at other weddings ive been to im always hunting those poeple down - i actually had to tell them to stop serving passed apps because guests were done! it was AMAZINGGGGGGG and thank you thank you thank you to every single person at McLoones!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 11/22/2013

It was absolutely wonderful working with McLoone's Pier House to plan our November wedding. Our coordinator, Trish, answered every single question I had in an incredibly timely manner, and offered great advice on how to execute the best experience for our guests. She never hesitated about saying yes to any of our requests, and was available every time we needed her to be (even on her days off!). The food was incredible (our guests have said it's the best wedding food they've ever tasted), especially the cocktail hour. People are still talking about the mashed potato bar! All of the servers and our maitre d' Nelson were on top of their game and very friendly throughout the night. Trish and her team set up all of our decor exactly as we had envisioned and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect night. If you are looking for a modern venue that doesn't have the typical ballroom feel, I could not recommend McLoone's Pier House more!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Gorgeous place to have a wedding reception! The room was large and very clean, and you can't beat those giant windows looking over the ocean. And, of course, the food was fantastic (you have to try the crab cakes haha).
    The staff was a huge help too! I've never organised anything close to a wedding, so I was really nervous until we got to sit down with the event planner (ours was Trish Reiss) first thing. She was incredible! She helped us figure out pretty much everything from colors to scheduling tastings, and most importantly, coordinated the other vendors for the big day. Everyone was incredibly nice and knew exactly what they were doing.
    In short: a crazy day went perfectly. Absolutely go check out the Pier House.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Bridget · Married on 07/28/2013

We had a beach ceremony here, followed by the reception, and are so happy we did. Everyone was so pleasant and kind, especially Katie and Nelson, making the whole process as stress-free as they possibly could. They took everything we had pieced together and created an absolutely beautiful space, both outside and in. Plus, the unbelievable view from the room, along with the layout, meant that every single person there felt like they had a great seat with an ocean view. The ceremony was gorgeous....people kept coming up to us afterward and telling me they had never seen one so beautiful, and much of that was due to the efforts of Katie, Nelson, and crew, standing by to make sure everything went off without a hitch. As if that weren't enough, the food was fantastic, and plentiful, and the service was excellent. People gushed the whole evening, and continued to call the next day to rave about how amazing the venue was, and we couldn't agree more!

Sent on 07/29/2013