McHale's Events & Catering Reviews

1 User photo

McHale's Events & Catering 1

Keaton · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Venue and Staff

Had our wedding in The Grand Ballroom at McHales and it was a great venue with accommodating staff.

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome food & service!

Highly recommend McHale's as a wedding caterer! The staff (I worked with Lindsay as my pre-wedding coordinator from McHale's and she was so responsive, knowledgeable and sweet throughout the planning process) is all so friendly and organized, and the service on the night of our wedding was absolutely outstanding. Most importantly... their food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests that our food was "Actually really really good" (as in not just "good for mass catering / typical wedding food standards"). They have a few unique and fun menu items and were very flexible with me when creating a menu that was a mixture of traditional and non traditional wedding food. Definitely a 6 out of 5 star vendor!

• F

Faith · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a blast at our wedding reception at The Gardens of Park Hills. Our event planner, Lindsay, was so easy to work with and very prompt in responding to all my questions. The service was excellent and the food was yummy. We especially enjoyed the craft beer bar in the Vista Room! It was very affordable and the perfect venue for our big day!

Kendra · Married on 12/15/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Pinnacle Ballroom in Covington. It was absolutely AMAZING! There was minimal decorating because most was done by the McHale's staff. I was able to completely convey my vision of the reception through a one-on-one meeting with Brent. I did not worry about a single thing the entire night and it was exactly what I wanted. If I could go back and redo my reception I would not have changed a single thing!

Casey · Married on 07/21/2017

McHale's catering was amazing to work with. We were able to attend a tasting which helped us decide on the perfect menu. Jen was our consultant and was super helpful with all of the planning details. The staff the night of the reception were amazing as well. I felt like I had a personal bartender the entire night :). Everyone raved about how good the food was too!

Susan · Married on 04/23/2017

Amazing venue! Very warm and inviting. Best staff! Always making sure you have what you need.

McHale's Events & Catering 2

Mary Beth · Married on 02/25/2017

We just had our daughter's wedding reception in the Vista room at the Gardens. We looked all over for the perfect spot and McHale's delivered on everything from a great venue, to 5 star service, great food and incredible communication from day 1. Too bad I don't get to plan another wedding because my choice would be easy, I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/04/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at The Grand, and everything was absolute perfection! We worked with Brent leading up to the event, and Jason and Nancy were our managers for the actual wedding. I can't say enough great things about this place. The food was delicious - our guests complimented us on that all night, and the staff was beyond attentive - I had people tell me they wished they had booked The Grand for their own weddings, rather than the venues they had used. I will tell anyone that we are so happy we chose this venue!

Jean · Married on 01/28/2017

The Grand was gorgeous and the food and staff were awesome!

Caylea · Married on 01/07/2017

McHale's went above and beyond our expectations for my daughter's wedding. They knew what we needed when we did not even know what to ask for - the staff made sure that everything was perfect on the wedding day and were doing things behind the scenes to make sure that our guests were cared for in an excellent way. Our quests complimented the professionalism of the staff and said over and over that the food was delicious. I feel that McHale's made the wedding day so much better! I would definitely refer them to anyone I know. Thank you McHale's for taking care of us on this special day!! The Wagner Family

• Marsup

Lesley · Married on 10/09/2016

Everything was amazing. We were so well taken care of I didn't have to worry about a thing. The evening went so smooth and perfect not a thing went wrong or if it did they kept it from me which I very much appreciate. We were able to fully focus on the wedding ceremony and not stress about a thing The food was amazing, the staff took amazing care of us before, after and during. Thank you for making our big day an amazing one.

• Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/30/2016

I worked with Brittany at McHales and also the owner, who were both great and recommended their cake lady, Lisa. I attended a catered event at the Drees Pavilion and their food was excellent. I like that they are a more modest food choice with great pricing and their open bar pricing is also very affordable. I plan to use them for my wedding this fall as soon as I book the venue!!

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2016

McHale's did an absolutely amazing job with our Labor Day Weekend wedding at Drees Pavilion. We worked with Brittany Roseman. She was always very responsive to our questions and willing to work with us on special touches that we wanted at our wedding such as our bourbon tasting bar and bringing in local favorite beers of ours like Rhinegeist and Great Lakes. The service staff and quality of food was wonderful. We were able to do a private tasting and our parents did a public tasting. Brittany attended our Drees Pavilion reception details meeting to make sure we were all on the same page prior to the wedding. I highly recommend McHale's!

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2016

I. Love. McHales. There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful it was to have our wedding reception with McHales. Our May 2016 wedding reception was at the Vista room at the Gardens of Park Hills. We did a lot of research during our 2 year engagement and man, did we pick a great venue. The planning process was smooth and our planner (Brittany) was always prompt to respond and if she didn't know the answer to our questions right away, she would stay in touch and let us know she was working on it (which is very reassuring for a bride). The venue was just beautiful. The food was outstanding. And the staff were so attentive. Absolutely everything was set up perfectly, exactly how we wanted and requested. Staff was quick to refill glasses of water and remove empty plates from tables. And they made us and our parents feel like royalty. We had an absolute blasts at our reception, and a lot is due to our venue choice. I would recommend McHales to any engaged couple!

Michelle · Married on 12/18/2015

McHale's Catering was more than accommodating to our needs throughout the entire planning process. Most of our planning was done from a few states away and they were very understanding. We were able to schedule a tasting while we were home without a problem. The food was absolutely excellent! I am still hearing good things from my guests about how much they enjoyed their meal! The day of, we were never without a drink in our hand or food on our plate!

Kelly · Married on 12/12/2015

We had our wedding reception at The Gardens of Park Hills (vista room) on 12/12/15. We worked with Brittany Brown throughout our planning and she was SO great and so easy to work with! She was very accomodating!

McHales truly goes above and beyond for their clients. Their staff was SO friendly and SO professional. They made our reception AWESOME and well planned out! Here is an example of how their customer service is so great: after my husband and I smashed eachother in the face with cake, I had a McHales staff member come to me with a fresh, hot,damp towel for me to clean up with. This little detail just shows how great they are! Not to mention, the food was exceptional! We had SO MANY guests tell us how impressed they were with the food and service. If people do not choose McHales, it their lose!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2014

I worked with Cassie at the beginning of my planning but she has since moved to Wyoming! Fear not, you are still in great hands! I worked with Brent and she was a pleasure. We met and worked out the details of my reception. You can tell that she has lots of experience because her suggestions made sense and were a huge help. I was grateful for the guidance. She even worked with my mother to make sure my mom had the certain kind of wine she likes! Tiffany is the hall manager and she was by my side during my reception making sure I had a drink and was happy. She knew my cake lady and went above and beyond to get the cake parts back to her which she didn't have to do. At the end of the night she packed up my leftovers and made sure I got out the door alright. She was just wonderful.
    PS. The Arbor room is beautiful and gave us a more intimate feel. I liked that it was not just a huge flat room.

Victoria · Married on 11/09/2013

The Gardens made my special day perfect. They were friendly, responsive and flexible. They helped me in every step of planning the big day. There food was awesome and the people were even better. There prices were the best around! The day of the staff was great, they waited on us hand and foot. Anything you need they will get. One staff member even had to fix my bustle with pins because someone stepped on it. I would highly recommend The Gardens for your reception and/or wedding venue.

Judy · Married on 10/20/2012

Our wedding was actually at the Florentine in Florence which is a McHale's Event site. We had both our ceremony and reception there. Everything was perfect. The staff was great and . I had expected the wines served to be of good quality but they exceeded my expectations.. We received many compliments from our guest not only on how nice the venue was but also how good the food was.

• Jennie

Jennie · Married on 09/14/2012

Everything was absolutely beautiful!

• User2098550 · 2+ years ago

I love McHales! There are so many positive things that I can say about them.
    First, I love that their venues are all inclusive (food, staff, free beer and wine). This is helpful for a very busy bride and a bride on a budget.

Secondly, I love their selection of venues! I chose The Grand because it looks very classic and has two levels. The interior is absolutely stunning, but it is located next to a strip club.

There staff is so professional. They accommodated EVERY single need that I had.

I have no complaints whatsoever about McHales. They really made my special day perfect :)!

The food was amazing! All of the staff were just so wonderful from beginning to end! The even tried everything in my power to calm my nerves and help with the unforeseen family complications! They are the best ever!

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2011

We had our event in the Vista room and Kaitlyn was our event planner. The staff at McHales was exceptional and went above and beyond to meet all of our catering and event needs. Everything from food, to napkins, to room layout, to coordination of our vendors was handled smoothly and professionally by McHales so that as the Bride I didn't have to worry about a thing. They were prompt in all communication and efficient/thorough so that I did not feel stressed during the event or its planning. My family and my husband and I were more than pleased with the services provided. We felt that they went above and beyond what we expected from a catering company and would recommend McHales' venues and catering to other couples looking for a reception site.

Laura · Married on 09/10/2011

Mchales is awesome!! The food was fantastic, even better on our wedding day than the tasting we attended. The staff was incredible and our guests are still raving about the food and service. They packed up all of the leftovers, which we ate for the next couple of days and it was still tasty!

Mollie · Married on 05/21/2011

McHale's is WONDERFUL!!! From the very beginning, our coordinator was helpful, responded quickly to ALL my questions. The food was fantastic!! I had people telling me that it was the best reception food they have ever had at a wedding. They were very accomadating to food allergies that we had in our wedding party, and she said her modified meal was delicious as well. The value is great!!! The money you pay for all the amenities that are included is uncomparable to anywhere else.