McFarren Makeup Artistry Reviews

17 Reviews for McFarren Makeup Artistry

• Laurel

Laurel Parish · Married on 11/02/2019

I was a glowing bride!

Shelby was just awesome to work with! She got to our room to set up early and had a timeline in place. We were all ready on time and she made sure we were all happy with how we looked before starting on another person. I don’t wear a lot of makeup because I’m always afraid it will get cakey, but this wasn’t the case with my wedding makeup! It looked and felt like my own skin! I cannot thank her enough and I would recommend to anyone who wants makeup but doesn’t usually wear much.

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 10/18/2019

Shelby was amazing!

Shelby was amazing! She worked fast (there were 9 of us total) and everyone's makeup came out stunning. All the girls got compliments all night. She listened to each of us and everyone came out happy with the results.

I personally thought she was the best makeup artist I have ever worked with. In the past I always end up redoing some part of the makeup after it's been done but with Shelby, I didn't touch a thing! She nailed it, I looked like an elevated version of myself which was perfect for my wedding day.

If you are looking for a personable, fast, talented makeup artist, look no further! Shelby is your girl!

Sent on 10/29/2019

McFarren Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Meagan! Your photos were jaw dropping! Hope you had the time of your life! Thank you so much for the review and booking with me.

Marissa Bizon · Married on 10/12/2019

Shelby is incredible!

Shelby was and is absolutely amazing. She made a point to come a bit early given the last minute schedule changes to our big day. She is friendly, professional, talented, and informative. As a bride, looking in the mirror after she worked her magic almost brought tears to my eyes. I highly recommend her services to future brides or anyone in need of makeup services. ❤

Alex · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Makeup Artist

Shelby was so easy to work with leading up to my wedding day. She answered all my questions in a timely manner. On the day of my wedding, she helped to make the day stress free by being on time, and completing my 6 bridesmaids makeup, and mine, with time to spare. I would highly recommend Shelby to any of my friends who are getting married!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Christina · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent!

Shelby was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made me feel so comfortable at my trial and gave me a bunch of pointers on how to care for my skin leading up to my wedding day. My whole bridal party looked so gorgeous. Shelby also gave me a super helpful kit of emergency supplies to keep us all looking fabulous the rest of the day! She is a very talented makeup artist and very professional

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Jones · Married on 08/31/2019

High Quality, Perfect Price, Great Service

I cannot recommend McFarren Makeup Artistry enough! Shelby made me feel stunning on my wedding day and went above and beyond to make my trail happen; Shelby traveled to my remote Vermont cabin and made note of all my trial-tweaks to perfect my wedding day make up look. On my wedding day, Shelby and her assistant arrived early, set up, and had everything ready to go for our 8 AM start. She managed to get our 11-person bridal party done an hour before pictures! Shelby and her assistant made me, my girls, and our mothers feel beautiful- everyone’s make up was perfect for their style, skin tone, and texture. I am thrilled with my beautiful my make up photographed, and that it stayed on SO WELL throughout the day. I truly did not even need a touch up after our ceremony, pictures, and reception. I am so pleased with my wedding day look and am thrilled to have connected with McFarren. Reasonably priced, high quality, and delightful to work with.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Kristina Coulombe · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful makeup!

Shelby did the makeup for me and my girls for my wedding! All of us were blown away with how amazing we looked after! She was on time, was responsive to all my emails, and has a great personality and was fun to work with! The makeup lasted all night and the lashes stayed put! If I ever need my makeup done for anything else, I will definitely use her services!

Naa Aku Viens · Married on 08/11/2019

Amazing MUA

Shelby is just flat out INCREDIBLE!!. From our first phone call to the first meeting, to the consultation through to our final event, I felt lucky to have had a very responsive make-up artist. For any brown skin girls, don't second guess booking Shelby because she did my makeup for my Ghanaian traditional engagement ceremony as well as my wedding day and my goodness she made me look fire!. I had 6 bridesmaids, MOB and myself and she arrived at least 15 minutes early before her scheduled arrival time to get started. She did everyone's makeup with a lot of time to spare. She was a lot of fun to work with. All of the bridesmaids and my mother couldn't stop talking about how amazing she was as a MUA and as a person! I seriously couldn't have asked for a better MUA! Thank you so much for everything Shelby!! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a professional makeup artist not just for their big day but for any special occasion.

Stephanie Hurlburt · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing, kind & down-to-earth artist

Shelby was amazing. For my trial she came to my house, and she did amazing run which was used for our engagement photos. The day of the wedding she arrived early, her work was amazing, she has such much patience, and actually listens to what you want as a look. She was very kind, responsive when I had questions, and always willing to help with ideas for something that I don't normally wear. I wanted a natural look that made my eyes popped and I received so many compliments on how myself and my girls looked.
    Thank you for everything you did, I still actually need to get some of the lipstick she used because it was amazing. If you're looking for someone down to earth, funny, and very kind, Shelby is your person. We were very lucky to find her!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Autumn · Married on 06/27/2019

Just amazing

From start to finish Shelby was amazing to work with! I hired her to do my make up for my wedding in June 2019. Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to change our wedding date 3x and Shelby was very accommodating every single time I sent her a pesky email. She asked for pictures if I had some for inspo on the type of look I was going for, then was very thorough during the trial, asking questions about my usual skin care routine, make up routine, and about my life in general. She has any product she could need in her arsenal of make up. She really listened to what I wanted, changed/tweaked what I didn't like, and treated me like a friend rather than just another client. She was so fun to work with the day of my wedding and came with everything she could need. my best friends got their make up done too and it was natural and beautiful. I will 100% be having Shelby do my make up again in the future.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • elizabeth

elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2019

make-up jackpot

shelby is an actual IRL angel. i am so happy i found her. she is sweet, kind, genuine, and funny, and that's half the battle in finding a vendor that's your speed. so many are fake-nice for the sake of business relationships rather than human relationships. i really felt like shelby cared about me, cared about her work, and cared about me having the wedding look of my dreams. i sent her a few pictures, and she literally produced EXACTLY my goal. she additionally did my hair because i was scrambling to find a stylist, and i was beyond the moon with how it turned out. she put little clips in my hair that were the perfect touch, and just made me feel like a starlet. further, i booked her for only myself-- when there was still time left before the ceremony, my 2 sisters asked if she'd have time to do their make-up. without hesitation, she agreed. the flexibility, beautiful attitude, warmth that shelby gave to me and mine on my wedding day is so treasured. i'm floored to have encountered a human like her. everyone who invests in her on their wedding day will be impressed and feel incredible grace, like i did. her art/work is incomparable, and she's just the kind of person you'll be better for having met.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Molly

Molly Duponte · Married on 04/08/2019

McFarren Makeup Artistry made me feel beautiful!

I am so happy I found this company and Shelby. She made me, my Maid of Honor, my 4 bridesmaids, and my mom look and feel great. She was a blast to have around while we were getting ready and I felt and looked flawless. Shelby even stuck around to make sure I looked good through the rain! She is just the best and phenomenal at what she does!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Makeup Artist!

Shelby was absolutely amazing to work with. She was always very responsive, I never waited more than a day to hear back from her. She did my makeup for my engagement photos as well as for my wedding day and they both turned out absolutely amazing. On my wedding day, she did makeup for 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself and she was done with plenty of time for me to finish getting my dress on and finish getting ready, and we all looked so beautiful!

My maid of honor also hired her for a makeup class for my bachelorette party and Shelby was so awesome that day as well. She had to deal with us drunken girls and she was so professional and patient with us. She taught us some really great makeup tips and the class was super fun. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a professional makeup artist not just for their big day but for any special occasion.

Sent on 03/06/2019

McFarren Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! It was an honor to be a part of your special day! You and your bridal party were so much fun. I hope to stay in touch!
    -Shelby McFarren

Emily Winchell · Married on 01/10/2019

Awesome Experience!!!

Shelby is the best! She did my makeup for my engagement photos, bridal shower, and wedding. On each occasion my makeup was absolutely flawless! It looked amazing in person and photographed so well. She is very knowledgeable and was able to recreate any look I wanted. She was very accommodating to me as well as my bridal party. I would highly recommend her for weddings or any special occasion!!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Emily,
    You are such a stunning woman. I am thankful I have gotten to work with you not once, but TWICE! Your engagement photos and wedding photos will always be some of my favorites! I wish you and Andrew all the happiness in the world!

Amanda Trombley · Married on 11/03/2018

Best choice you'll ever make!

I started out wedding planning not thinking I would need a makeup artist but I have to say it was the best choice I ever made! Shelby helped me through the process and was able to match all skin tones for my bridal party. I highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 02/04/2019

McFarren Makeup Artistry's reply:

Even on a rainy day, you made it shine! I'm so happy we got to work together and make you look super glam for your wedding. If you ever need my services in the future let me know!

Gina · Married on 09/15/2018

Well worth it!

Shelby is exceptionally professional. She worked with me to obtain just the look I was hoping for. In fact, the day of my wedding my makeup was even better than the trial and exceeded my expectations. She went above and beyond to help me and my matron-of-honor look our best. Thank you, Shelby!

Sent on 02/08/2019

McFarren Makeup Artistry's reply:

Gina, you are my natural beauty! Such a great personality and a joy to work with. I hope we stay in touch and I hope you are enjoying the married life!

Joanna · Married on 11/21/2015

Wonderful!!!!

Shelby was fantastic to work with!! It was such a pleasure to work with her, she was prompt in responding to any questions or requests I had and went with the flow with all the chaos while we were getting ready. I loved, loved, loved her artistry on myself and my wedding party....she was fabulous!!! Thank you so much Shelby!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2019