McDowell Mountain Golf Club Reviews

McDowell Mountain Golf Club 6
  • Brandie

Brandie Farnam · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfect Wedding

Our wedding day at McDowell Mountain Golf Club was everything I'd hoped for and more! We had an outdoor ceremony and relaxed dinner under the bistro lights overlooking the valley with the most unbelievable sunset. Shanna, the venue coordinator, was incredibly accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly. Can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 7
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 8
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 9
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 10
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 11
    McDowell Mountain Golf Club 12

McDowell Mountain Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Brandie & Austin! It was such a pleasure to be apart of your special day! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Jasmine · Married on 02/24/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

We wanted a venue that would allow us to make our day unique. This venue doesn't provide photographer, florist, etc so it gave us the flexibility to pick our own vendors. (This also makes the upfront cost of the venue much cheaper than other places around the Valley.) The venue coordinator was amazing but keep in mind she is only there for the venue! You will need to hire a wedding coordinator if you want someone to help with the wedding.

Beautiful location with a dream view of the valley. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Miriam · Married on 12/30/2016

Shelley (Event coordinator) and Emilio (Chef) had an amazing way to organize my wedding. It was a beautiful event, with delicious food, wonderful setup and a very friendly and helpful staff. I am so pleased with the outstanding job they do.
    My guests enjoyed it so much and I couldn't be happier. McDowell Mountain Golf Club is a very professional venue with all you need for an amazing, unforgettable wedding. Thank you so much for making my day so special.

Miriam M.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Andi · Married on 09/03/2016

From the very first email Kate was amazing. We met with her over a year before our wedding and she was wonderful. Things had been great until she left the venue to work with another company. I am not sure why McDowell Mountain ever let her go, because she was truly amazing.

That being said, our wedding was amazing. Michael (food and beverage manager), Shelley (new events coordinator), and Chef Emilio made sure everything was just as it should be. Everything was set up beautifully, ran smoothly, and the food was delicious.

McDowell Mountain gave us choices with our package for our vendors. We absolutely cannot say enough great things about Stephanie Heymann (Photographer), Lux Florist (Cynthia), Mike (Ray the DJ), and Honey Moon Sweets. Debbie and her assistant from Debbie Kennedy events was my day-of planner and they were wonderful as well.
    We picked this venue because of the breathtaking view and we were not disappointed. We did an evening ceremony and played games on the lawn. We could not have asked for a better wedding day.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Patricia · Married on 05/15/2016

Kate is fantastic with great ideas....she will help with all your needs !

Sent on 05/19/2016

Everything was great, easy to plan and Kate was super to work with! Awesome overall experience, and everything went as planned. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Megan · Married on 04/08/2016

Kate is an amazing coordinator. She made me feel so comfortable and confident with our wedding plans and was so accommodating with my vision of our wedding and requests. The wedding was beautiful and I received so many compliments on the venue and the food (prime rib, chicken piallard, garlic mashed potatos, south of the border Caprese). It was perfect!

Sent on 04/10/2016

The wedding site was beautiful and there is a gorgeous sunset view in the evening with the mountains in the background. The staff was very helpful! Especially Kate Gallagher. She helped us through everything since we did not have a clue where to start. We booked the wedding package and she took care of providing us with all the information we needed. Guests enjoyed the covered bar and patio area while they waited for bride and groom pictures to be taken after the ceremony. Great place to have a wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 03/18/2016

An absolute pleasure to work with Kate and the staff. Everyone was very helpful and attentive. The venue is a perfect setting for that special night or event. Would use again.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

The venue was perfect and Kate was very helpful and so easy to work with. I would highly recommend McDowell Mountain Golf Club to anyone getting married or looking for a great place to have a special event. Our guests were very impressed with our choice, and we couldn't have been happier ourselves.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Ry · Married on 10/24/2015

I have to start by saying that Kate is the reason that we chose MMGC for our wedding. She is absolutely fabulous and I honestly cannot express how great she is! Austin was reason #2... He made the bar and the venue run seamlessly during our big day, and made everyone feel right at home. I think the venue itself is beautiful, but the staff is really what made our day. The execution of the set up, along with the hospitality is unsurpassed!

The venue is beautiful, the food is great, the service is phenomenal. We have had so many compliments from our guests about everything.

We chose the all-inclusive package which was probably one of the best decisions we made in the planning process. Kate helped coordinate with the vendors and she came through in a big was if anything went astray. We completely forgot to book transportation from the hotel to the venue and she managed to find us a shuttle (and a limo!) for a better price than we were able to find (like I said, she is a miracle worker!!)

Considering the location, and the venue, along with the quality of vendors, I think the price was very reasonable.

I highly recommend having your wedding at MMGC!!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Joan · Married on 10/10/2015

Kate Gallagher is outstanding - very customer service oriented and creative. The venue is lovely and the onsite staff did a great job of serving our guests. The entire evening was smooth. The food was delicious, especially the carved turkey. We will definitely recommend McDowell Mountain Golf Club to our friends.

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • User5012180 · event on 04/10/2015

Kate Gallagher was the event coordinator for surprise birthday dinner for my wife at the Mesquite Grille. A VERY personable, helpful and professional lady who seemingly could make almost anything happen for the event - especially making the arrival of my wife a surprise.

While the Palo Verde Patio Room is not extraordinarily fancy (did not need to be) everyone in the party of 20 raved about the location and the view just steps outside to the lawn as they saw the sun set. That followed with more rave reviews for the Mesquite Grille Mexican Buffet with the desert bar and a visit by Chef Mark Hamilton.

If you want a virtually planning free event for a memorable location, food and experience you will find one at the Mesquite Grille at the McDowell Mountain Golf Club.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Darlene · event on 12/04/2014

The entire McDowell Mountain Golf Club staff was superb in every way. We had an amazing event and they went above and beyond to make it super special for the Horizon High Golf Team.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Louise · Married on 10/18/2014

We hosted our wedding reception here. This is a beautiful site! Kate and Austin were professional and attentive, pleasant to work with and flexible. Kate made our planning a stress-free process. Sadly she couldn't join us the night of our reception but Austin stepped in and really stepped up to make sure the night went smoothly. I wish we lived in Phoenix and could come back to this site more often!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Kacie · Married on 10/10/2014

There aren't enough good words to describe our experience with Kate & MMGC! We made a change in venue about 4 months before our date because we fell in love with the views from the patio and lawn, and the entire venue itself! Kate was so easy to work with and incredibly friendly and fun!! The day of my wedding, my officiant failed to show up, and Kate came to the rescue, going above and beyond to track down someone else to perform our ceremony, keeping me calm in the process, and making sure our guests were all well fed and taken care of during the delay. The woman is a saint!
    Everyone raved about the venue and how beautiful everything was and how good the food and drinks were! Not only would I HIGHLY recommend this venue to friends and family, but I intend on frequenting the restaurant just because they're that great!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Kristine · Married on 09/27/2014

We had a venue cancellation 3 weeks prior to the wedding date and were fortunate that MMGC had our date available. Kate and the staff at MMGC were very sympathetic and went out of their way to make our daughter's wedding an amazing celebration. We contended with over-seeding on the event lawn, the offer of the ceremony on the driving range and finally, due to monsoon rains, a ceremony and then reception flip inside the Palo Verde room. The staff was amazing and transformed the space in good time for the dinner, I really can't say enough about how pleased we were with the organization, friendly staff, quality of the food and supportive team at MMGC. They helped turn a potential disaster into a memorable event. Feedback from guests have included, "best wedding I've ever been to," from one of the band members!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

The event coordinator, Kate, and the event staff were just fantastic. The venue for my wedding cancelled less then a month before the date and we were able to move the wedding to McDowell Mtn Golf Club. Kate was so sympathetic and helpful. She really wanted to keep as many aspects of the original wedding we had been planning. Everyone was so flexible as we faced monsoon rains on the wedding day and had to move the ceremony indoors. The event room looked fantastic and the whole celebration was just great. We received so many compliments about the food (delicious!) and the AMAZING sunset was a photo-op not to be missed, especially for our out of town guests. The staff were cheerful, helpful, and professional; and Kate was a rock star!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Cindy · Married on 06/04/2016

Kate was amazing. She was always willing to go above and beyond and truly cared about me and my husband and wanted what was best for us and when I asked her for her honest opinion she gave it to me which I appreciated. I would recommend this venue and Kate to anyone. Loved her so much!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2015

Kate and her staff were incredible! After our original wedding plans fell through- Kate and McDowell Mountain GC saved the day!! I can't speak highly enough about this venue and the staff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Great place for a wedding! We had the best time thank you so much!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Everything was so great. It rained all day on our wedding day and the ceremony was at 5:00, at 4:45 we decided that we wanted to still have the ceremony outdoors. The banquet team, acted fast to get the chairs dried off and make the event everything we wanted.
    My only complaint, was the chicken on the buffet, it was very dry. However, the bacon wrapped tenderloins were amazing!
    Kate was very sincere and helpful throughout the entire process - I cannot thank her enough!

Overall, it is a beautiful location, and we are very happy with our decision.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Thomas · Married on 11/07/2014

The venue was great could not have been a better setting for our wedding. Thank you Kate for everything!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Amber · event on 10/12/2014

We did have our own personal bar, there should have been a personal bartender included, not just the bartender doing our event and the main bar. Would have been more efficient and quicker. Gus's we were just thirsty people! Other than that, it was great!

Sent on 10/15/2014

We loved the venue and the responsiveness of the wedding planner. We enjoyed the cost transparency and the no sales pressure approach. We had a few minor hiccups but over all we had a magical night at the McDowell Mountain Golf Course.

Sent on 11/28/2014