McCarthy Tents & Events Reviews

44 | Rochester, NY

44 Reviews for McCarthy Tents & Events

44 McCarthy Tents & Events Reviews

jacquie · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with McCarthy Tents & Events was an actual dream. Their team was magnificent to work with leading up to the event and on site. The structure they created was truly everything the bride and groom dreamed of. It was a wonderful experience working with them and we are so thankful for the part they played in the big day!

Tim · Married on 07/07/2018

The team showed up earlier than expected to set everything up, which was a blessing. The men who did the tent setup were extremely attentive, smart, and professional and did their best to make sure everything was in keeping with our wishes for our wedding. The quality of the equipment was top notch, and everything was clean and neat, no stains or damage on the white tent, wedding-ready.

We had a lot on our plate getting ready for this day, and McCarthy Tent & Event made our planning MUCH easier, couldn't have done it otherwise!

• paigeyellen

Paige · Married on 07/07/2018

McCarthy saved the day a couple of times when our items didn't arrive from other rental companies. Their staff are cheerful and professional and they have a reasonable selection!

Ruth · Married on 09/09/2017

The team at McCarthy Tents and Events really helped us out of a pinch when I mistakenly cancelled my ordered for a very large Car Show for our dealership (Van Bortel Chevrolet).
    They procured a tent, tables, chairs, popcorn machine all the day before the event and had their delivery team installing at 6:30 am that day!
    Thank you McCarthy Tents and Events for saving our Car Show!
    You guys are the best!
    Ruth Perrin

Sent on 09/13/2017

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review!!! We'd be your knights in shining armor any day! Thank you for your business.

Gillian · Married on 08/04/2017

Great products and super helpful staff!

We rented catering equipment, chairs and flatware from McCarthy for a July 2018 wedding and were thrilled with their services, and the quality of the items we rented. This is a very well-run, organized, and upstanding company to work with! Whenever we called, each person we spoke to was knowledgeable, patient, and helpful. The team allowed us to make changes to our order right up to the last minute, and were super responsive. We'd happily work with them again anytime!

• Lori

Lori · Married on 07/02/2017

I used McCarthy for last minute outdoor ceremony chairs recommended by Gala Parties Inc who was doing my inside work. I am glad I took the recommendation as my guests ended up waiting a long time for my arrival. Service, quality and price were exceptional.

Sent on 07/10/2017

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you, Lori! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again! Congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2016

I had an open air reception at my wedding a couple weeks ago with lighting done by McCarthy Tents. They did a fantastic job!! I can not say enough great things about how easy and fun it was to work with Mike. He checked in with me frequently and was ALWAYS available when I wanted to talk about plans or make changes. I also rented linens from them and they were perfect. Every part about working with McCarthy Tents was flawless. Highly recommend for all the brides out there who need someone to complete their vision!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review, but most of all, for your business! Please spread the word among friends as we try to build our Buffalo market up, Up, UP!

Gary · Married on 08/20/2016

McCarthy Tents went way beyond what we expected to ensure the day went off without a hitch. Spent several hours with us when unexpected power problems arose. Can't thank them enough. And their tents are beautiful.

Sent on 08/31/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the 5 star review, Gary! It's rare to see a male review, and we appreciate to taking the time to weigh in on our service. We have built this company from the ground up on the most solid values and principles we know, and it's always the greatest joy to hear that effort is being noticed. Thank you.

Susan · Married on 08/13/2016

We had a few hiccups in our day (we chose a very popular weekend to get married!), however when it was brought to the owners attention he was very professional and prompt in addressing our concerns.

Sent on 12/20/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you for the 5-star review, Susan! Every project has its inevitable challenges and hiccups, but we will NEVER leave a client high and dry... we always see the job through and everything always works out for the best in the end. You're the perfect example of that, and I greatly appreciate you shedding light on this in your review!

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

I connected with Mike from the Buffalo location to plan ALL of our rentals (tent, tables, chairs, lights, linens, dishware, ovens, grills, etc) for our backyard wedding and couldn't have been happier with the level of service I received from him and his team.

Given that I was planning it from a distance I was so appreciative of the responsiveness and the amount of time that McCarthy's spent making sure I understood everything and that there were no surprises along the way.

I had such a great experience with them that I recommended them to my cousin getting married in the Rochester area and she had nothing but positive things to say as well.

With all the moving pieces to coordinate for an outdoor wedding, do yourself a favor and let McCarthy'a handle the rentals, they are simply the BEST!

Sent on 12/31/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much for this awesome review of our service and dedication in both Buffalo and Rochester! It's SO refreshing when a customer recognizes all that goes into us pulling off 5-star events and making it look easy. You're right, there are literally hundreds of moving parts and logistics. But NONE of that is for our customers to worry about! McCarthy brides can sit back and relax and know they're in GREAT hands!

Jillian · Married on 01/23/2016

I recently worked with McCarthy Tents and Events for our Jan wedding and were absolutely blown away by Sean and his team. The space we had our wedding in was rather unique (Gro Moore Farms Greenhouse) and required a lot more work than originally planned and we also ran into a few unforeseen issues with power onsite, but that didn't stop McCarthy from delivering an outstanding level of service. The guys at McCarthy were attentive, responsive, and professional throughout the entire process and stuck with us until everything was perfect! Their product truly helped transform an industrial and somewhat ugly space into an absolutely stunning wedding!! Sean himself even came onsite at 7:30 am on our wedding day to help fix an issue. Our wedding was a dream come true and we couldn't have done it without the help of McCarthy Tents and Events. I will without a doubt recommend them to all my family and friends for all their rental and party planning needs!

Sent on 02/01/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Jillian this brings a tear to our eye! Thank you so much. It was an honor to serve you and your family, and another local small business! It's always fun (and very challenging) to transform new spaces, especially indoors, and your project was such a cool example of love and creativity and dedication in action! Thank you so much or entrusting McCarthy Tents & Events with this most special occasion for you and your family. We hope to serve you again.

We use McCarthy's for most of our events. They're always very flexible and quick to getting back to you. I highly recommend McCarthy's.

Sent on 05/13/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Responsiveness is one of our key differentiating features. You can always expect very prompt (same day or sooner most of the time) from our team. We know you are exciting about planning, and we are too! Thank you for your business!

Lisa Murley · Married on 08/29/2015

I really can't say enough good things about McCarthy Tents and Events. As a wedding planner, I am looking for partners that are great at what they do. McCarthy Tents and Events is a fantastic rental company. They have the inventory and the knowledge to make any ceremony or reception area stunning, no matter what challenges the space presents. They are responsive and proactive. I love working with this team and can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/31/2015

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa. You're amazing to work with too!

Cassandra · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I scoured through the phone book looking for ceremony chair and arch rentals with availability on our wedding day. After calling and visiting several event rental companies, we finally stumbled upon McCarthy Tents & Events. They had everything we needed, and at an affordable price. We booked immediately that day and were very impressed with their set up and tear down. Thanks!

Sent on 04/16/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Well I'm sorry it took so long for you to find us, but we are sure glad you did! We hope to serve your family again in the future. Thank you very much for your business, and for taking the time to write a kind review.

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

We rented some flatware for our wedding. It really added to the whole day. McCarthy Tents and Events was easy to work with--no fuss! Did not have to worry about delivery/pick-up, etc. Everything went smoothly. Would recommend them to anyone (I already have!) and will use them again in the future!

Sent on 04/21/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review, and, more importantly, for your business! We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future. We can so many exciting new products to share!

From beginning to end, McCarthy Tents and Events was excellent. Without exception, everyone was friendly, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. The tent was top quality! Our particular venue posed a challenge as it spanned two levels; they masterfully managed it! The sail tent was absolutely beautiful and really gave a wow factor. I have rented chairs, tables and linens in the past. This time we added a tent to the lineup and I am even more impressed. What a great company to do business with! They deserves your business! We will be back!

Sent on 07/21/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Unique set ups bring challenge, interest and problem-solving skills to our amazing team, and we love it! So glad it turned out so great for you and your family, and we hope to serve you again!

Joe · Married on 07/12/2014

I highly recommend using McCarthy Tents & Events. They were amazing. They were on time. They transformed our backyard from our relaxing poolside retreat to our beautiful wedding venue. Many of our guest were blown away and expressed they never seen a tent so beautiful. The chandeliers were the icing on the cake.

Thanks
    Joe T

Sent on 07/23/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Joe, thank you so much. We wash all our tents in an industrial tent washer the moment they look anything less than new. We pride ourselves on giving our customers and their guests the experience you enjoyed. Thank you for choosing McCarthy Tents & Events; we'd be honored to serve you again!

Millie · Married on 06/28/2014

Hi

I just wanted to say that my daughter's wedding was perfect. Your men, from the first person we met last year to the last one we had contact with, were so helpful and easy to work with. Your knowledge about event planning and your professionalism came through on every contact. The tent was perfect. The lighting was beautiful and when we needed something extra at the last minute, your people came through to make everything appear seamless. We appreciate everything you did to make the event so special.

Sincerely

Millie -- Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/03/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Millie, thank you so much for the kind review. You may also be happy to learn we have many women employees on board now, too! :)

Jackie · Married on 06/28/2014

My wedding coordinator recommended McCarthy's and they were amazing! Our reception was a dream come true thanks to their tents, farm tables, chairs, etc. They worked hard for two days and everything was perfect! I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Jackie, thank you so much for recognizing our hard-working employees and beautiful inventory. We are thrilled beyond measure that we were able to make your wedding vision come true for your special day. It's no easy task to make dreams come true, but with hard work, expertise and dedication, we get the job done!!! Thank you for your business, we hope to serve you again.

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

Professional, timely, easy to work with. Absolutely would recommend them to anyone looking for a great place to rent supplies from.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Thank you, Sarah!

Kacie · Married on 12/21/2013

The guys at McCarthy's were so amazing! I was on the phone with them several times adding to or changing my order and they were nothing but helpful. Even on the morning of our wedding they texted a picture (of some bistro lighting) to me to make sure it was exactly how I wanted it! I was so impressed with this (as there was a certain way I did, and didn't want it). Of course they had followed my verbal request perfectly and it looked great! They also provided linens and Chiavari chairs which made the room look perfect! They made me feel very comfortable that set-up and clean-up would go smoothly and on time. I would highly recommend McCarthy tents and events!

Sent on 04/27/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Kacie, thank you so much. This is a touching review of our character as a company. Isn't it sad that it has to be surprising to actually get GOOD customer service?! Everyone deserves the quality we provide. We employ smart people, with good values, and solid intentions. I'm so proud and glad to hear it trickles down to you, our customer. Thank you for your business.

Throughout my wedding planning process I contacted McCarthy via email, phone, and in person and countless occasions with various questions, quotes, and concepts. They always treated me with complete friendliness and respect, and not at all like I was bothering them (which I am sure I was :) They definitely care about the products they put forth and how they will be integrated into your day and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Sent on 09/21/2013

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review of what it's like to work with McCarthy Tents & Events. We treat all our customers with respect, regardless of order size or amount of times they need our help along the way. We are so grateful for each and every customer's business, and the food this puts on our tables!

Julie · Married on 07/20/2013

We rented a 40 by 60 tent, tables, chairs, dishes, and linens from McCarthy for our outdoor wedding. Everything was beautiful and professional. Highly recommended. They set up early, had everything done on time, and breakdown and quick and well done.

Sent on 07/24/2013

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Julie!

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2013

LOVED McCarthy Tents and Events! I priced them out against the other main rental company in Rochester, and McCarthy's prices and customer service far exceeded the competitor. I changed my mind a million times and No one made me feel like I was a bother. I needed a specific lantern color, "guava" and they were able to shop for it over the winter and early spring to find the exact color I wanted! We also rented plate chargers, and had McCarthy set up a seating area that was framed with fabric draped over it, for our guests to relax by the lake instead of having the only seating at the dinner tables. It looked perfect with our family wicker for our garden theme, And a special shout out for Jeff for his time, effort, expertise, and patience with me from my colors to my indecisiveness!

Sent on 10/27/2013

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Hi Kelly! Thank you so much for the kind review of our hard work. What a beautiful set up by the lake! Your questions and changes were no bother at all. This is quite normal and to be expected and OF COURSE we would never make you or anyone else feel badly about that! We are here to help and honored to serve you and your family on life's most special occasions. Thank you for your business!