McCarthy Tents & Events Reviews

50 | Rochester, NY

50 Reviews for McCarthy Tents & Events

• User4220057 · Recently married

Best rental company in Rochester!

We rented all our wedding weekend accoutrements with McCarthy and they were absolutely fabulous to work with. Beautiful, reasonably priced linens, tables and chairs. They were responsive, professional and flexible. When the forecast called for rain a few days before my outdoor wedding they worked with me to update my contract quickly, change all the seating, add tents and lighting, etc. I don't recommend that, but they had inventory available at the last minute due to covid, thank goodness! I especially enjoyed working with Jeff and Megan, who calmly handled my many questions and changes. I called the owner, Sean, after hours on his cell when we had a small hiccup with delivery and he could not have been more gracious and fixed the issue right away. The delivery crews were efficient and very nice, making sure I knew how to operate the lights, etc. This is a top notch team of pros. I would never use any other company in the Rochester area.

Sent on 09/03/2020

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

We are so happy you had an amazing wedding weekend! Thank you for having McCarthy Tents & Events be a small part in your special day. Congratulations!!
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/12/2019

Bistro Lighting Ambiance

I went to McCarthy Tents & Events to add bistro lighting for a little ambiance under the reception tent and they did not disappoint! Their lights gave the extra oomph the tent needed to have that romantic ambiance you want for a wedding :) The entire staff was friendly and easy to get in touch with, and the person installing the lights sent me pictures to make sure it was what I envisioned!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 09/21/2019

Great customer service, amazing products!

McCarthy Tents & Events was so wonderful to work with :) We rented out dance floor and chairs from them and they were absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Magdalene

Maggie · Married on 07/27/2019

They had exactly what I envisioned for the chairs!

We rented chairs from here. They were gorgeous, set up perfectly, and delivered in a timely manner to our venue.

Sent on 07/22/2020

Pam Thompson · Married on 06/22/2019

Our Beautiful Wedding!

My daughter's wedding was spectacular, thanks in part to McCarthy! All went well, starting with the weather. McCarthy's wonderful crew set up the tents in the POURING RAIN 2 days in advance. It kept the ground underneath somewhat drier, and thus was completely dry by Saturday.

The service was awesome - the staff always provided prompt answers to my many questions over 6 months, and had great flexibility near the end with my additions and subtractions. I was quite impressed with how spacious the 40'x100' tent was with 200+ people inside it! I highly recommend McCarthy's for any event!

Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Pauleen

Pauleen · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Rental Company In Rochester!

I have worked with McCarthy on countless weddings and events. As an event planner, they are my go to rental company! We have done small linen orders to full wedding tents with all the fixings. They always deliver great products! When getting linens from McCarthy, they are always clean - which is not the case with every rental company. When using them for a tent, I always trust their team to do a great job with professionalism. And the in office staff is truly wonderful, always answering the many many questions I have on behalf of my clients. Thank you for all that you do Team McCarthy!

Sent on 11/28/2018

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank YOU, Pauline - for your continued trust & partnership! We take our relationship seriously, and greatly appreciate your loyalty and praise!

jacquie · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with McCarthy Tents & Events was an actual dream. Their team was magnificent to work with leading up to the event and on site. The structure they created was truly everything the bride and groom dreamed of. It was a wonderful experience working with them and we are so thankful for the part they played in the big day!

Sent on 09/17/2018

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much for your review. We work hard to wow you and your guests, and want nothing more than your 100% satisfaction!

Tim · Married on 07/07/2018

The team showed up earlier than expected to set everything up, which was a blessing. The men who did the tent setup were extremely attentive, smart, and professional and did their best to make sure everything was in keeping with our wishes for our wedding. The quality of the equipment was top notch, and everything was clean and neat, no stains or damage on the white tent, wedding-ready.

We had a lot on our plate getting ready for this day, and McCarthy Tent & Event made our planning MUCH easier, couldn't have done it otherwise!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • paigeyellen

Paige · Married on 07/07/2018

McCarthy saved the day a couple of times when our items didn't arrive from other rental companies. Their staff are cheerful and professional and they have a reasonable selection!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Ruth · Married on 09/09/2017

The team at McCarthy Tents and Events really helped us out of a pinch when I mistakenly cancelled my ordered for a very large Car Show for our dealership (Van Bortel Chevrolet).
    They procured a tent, tables, chairs, popcorn machine all the day before the event and had their delivery team installing at 6:30 am that day!
    Thank you McCarthy Tents and Events for saving our Car Show!
    You guys are the best!
    Ruth Perrin

Sent on 09/13/2017

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review!!! We'd be your knights in shining armor any day! Thank you for your business.

Gillian · Married on 08/04/2017

Great products and super helpful staff!

We rented catering equipment, chairs and flatware from McCarthy for a July 2018 wedding and were thrilled with their services, and the quality of the items we rented. This is a very well-run, organized, and upstanding company to work with! Whenever we called, each person we spoke to was knowledgeable, patient, and helpful. The team allowed us to make changes to our order right up to the last minute, and were super responsive. We'd happily work with them again anytime!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 07/02/2017

I used McCarthy for last minute outdoor ceremony chairs recommended by Gala Parties Inc who was doing my inside work. I am glad I took the recommendation as my guests ended up waiting a long time for my arrival. Service, quality and price were exceptional.

Sent on 07/10/2017

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you, Lori! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again! Congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2016

I had an open air reception at my wedding a couple weeks ago with lighting done by McCarthy Tents. They did a fantastic job!! I can not say enough great things about how easy and fun it was to work with Mike. He checked in with me frequently and was ALWAYS available when I wanted to talk about plans or make changes. I also rented linens from them and they were perfect. Every part about working with McCarthy Tents was flawless. Highly recommend for all the brides out there who need someone to complete their vision!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review, but most of all, for your business! Please spread the word among friends as we try to build our Buffalo market up, Up, UP!

Gary · Married on 08/20/2016

McCarthy Tents went way beyond what we expected to ensure the day went off without a hitch. Spent several hours with us when unexpected power problems arose. Can't thank them enough. And their tents are beautiful.

Sent on 08/31/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the 5 star review, Gary! It's rare to see a male review, and we appreciate to taking the time to weigh in on our service. We have built this company from the ground up on the most solid values and principles we know, and it's always the greatest joy to hear that effort is being noticed. Thank you.

Susan · Married on 08/13/2016

We had a few hiccups in our day (we chose a very popular weekend to get married!), however when it was brought to the owners attention he was very professional and prompt in addressing our concerns.

Sent on 12/20/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you for the 5-star review, Susan! Every project has its inevitable challenges and hiccups, but we will NEVER leave a client high and dry... we always see the job through and everything always works out for the best in the end. You're the perfect example of that, and I greatly appreciate you shedding light on this in your review!

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

I connected with Mike from the Buffalo location to plan ALL of our rentals (tent, tables, chairs, lights, linens, dishware, ovens, grills, etc) for our backyard wedding and couldn't have been happier with the level of service I received from him and his team.

Given that I was planning it from a distance I was so appreciative of the responsiveness and the amount of time that McCarthy's spent making sure I understood everything and that there were no surprises along the way.

I had such a great experience with them that I recommended them to my cousin getting married in the Rochester area and she had nothing but positive things to say as well.

With all the moving pieces to coordinate for an outdoor wedding, do yourself a favor and let McCarthy'a handle the rentals, they are simply the BEST!

Sent on 12/31/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much for this awesome review of our service and dedication in both Buffalo and Rochester! It's SO refreshing when a customer recognizes all that goes into us pulling off 5-star events and making it look easy. You're right, there are literally hundreds of moving parts and logistics. But NONE of that is for our customers to worry about! McCarthy brides can sit back and relax and know they're in GREAT hands!

Jillian · Married on 01/23/2016

I recently worked with McCarthy Tents and Events for our Jan wedding and were absolutely blown away by Sean and his team. The space we had our wedding in was rather unique (Gro Moore Farms Greenhouse) and required a lot more work than originally planned and we also ran into a few unforeseen issues with power onsite, but that didn't stop McCarthy from delivering an outstanding level of service. The guys at McCarthy were attentive, responsive, and professional throughout the entire process and stuck with us until everything was perfect! Their product truly helped transform an industrial and somewhat ugly space into an absolutely stunning wedding!! Sean himself even came onsite at 7:30 am on our wedding day to help fix an issue. Our wedding was a dream come true and we couldn't have done it without the help of McCarthy Tents and Events. I will without a doubt recommend them to all my family and friends for all their rental and party planning needs!

Sent on 02/01/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Jillian this brings a tear to our eye! Thank you so much. It was an honor to serve you and your family, and another local small business! It's always fun (and very challenging) to transform new spaces, especially indoors, and your project was such a cool example of love and creativity and dedication in action! Thank you so much or entrusting McCarthy Tents & Events with this most special occasion for you and your family. We hope to serve you again.

We use McCarthy's for most of our events. They're always very flexible and quick to getting back to you. I highly recommend McCarthy's.

Sent on 05/13/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Responsiveness is one of our key differentiating features. You can always expect very prompt (same day or sooner most of the time) from our team. We know you are exciting about planning, and we are too! Thank you for your business!

Lisa Murley · Married on 08/29/2015

I really can't say enough good things about McCarthy Tents and Events. As a wedding planner, I am looking for partners that are great at what they do. McCarthy Tents and Events is a fantastic rental company. They have the inventory and the knowledge to make any ceremony or reception area stunning, no matter what challenges the space presents. They are responsive and proactive. I love working with this team and can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/31/2015

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa. You're amazing to work with too!

Cassandra · Married on 07/18/2015

My husband and I scoured through the phone book looking for ceremony chair and arch rentals with availability on our wedding day. After calling and visiting several event rental companies, we finally stumbled upon McCarthy Tents & Events. They had everything we needed, and at an affordable price. We booked immediately that day and were very impressed with their set up and tear down. Thanks!

Sent on 04/16/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Well I'm sorry it took so long for you to find us, but we are sure glad you did! We hope to serve your family again in the future. Thank you very much for your business, and for taking the time to write a kind review.

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

We rented some flatware for our wedding. It really added to the whole day. McCarthy Tents and Events was easy to work with--no fuss! Did not have to worry about delivery/pick-up, etc. Everything went smoothly. Would recommend them to anyone (I already have!) and will use them again in the future!

Sent on 04/21/2016

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review, and, more importantly, for your business! We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future. We can so many exciting new products to share!

McCarthy Tents and Events in Rochester literally saved our wedding.

Our wedding was scheduled for November 1st in Buffalo. After a few months working with another tent vendor in the Buffalo area for the ceremony, that vendor suddenly realized that it would be chilly on November 1st and told us they wouldn't put up a tent on that date.

Fortunately, Google turned up McCarthy. Not only were they willing to put up a tent, it was absolutely perfect. The very professional team at McCarthy gave us a tent with clear sides so the Fall colors could be seen as we took our vows. They installed perfect flooring, heated the tent to a comfortable 72 (it was even warmer than it was indoors for the reception!), and put up romantic lighting to make it perfect. Jeff and everyone at McCarthy and on the job site were absolutely professional throughout. They charged a fair price and told me what I needed (and more importantly, what I did not). I was absolutely thrilled with their work and would use them for any event in the Buffalo or Rochester area.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/17/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Allison - we cannot thank you enough for this most important review. Yes, it's 5-star, and we love that, but most important it sheds light on our entire mission in this market. Our company slogan is "Redefining Rental", and what this means to us is raising the bar for the rental industry. It is inexcusable to back out of someone's wedding!!!! We are so glad you found us to save to the day, and experience was rental company people, service, and equipment can and should be! We are honored to serve you and your family on this special occasion, and hope to serve you again in the future! Cheers!

From beginning to end, McCarthy Tents and Events was excellent. Without exception, everyone was friendly, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. The tent was top quality! Our particular venue posed a challenge as it spanned two levels; they masterfully managed it! The sail tent was absolutely beautiful and really gave a wow factor. I have rented chairs, tables and linens in the past. This time we added a tent to the lineup and I am even more impressed. What a great company to do business with! They deserves your business! We will be back!

Sent on 07/21/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Unique set ups bring challenge, interest and problem-solving skills to our amazing team, and we love it! So glad it turned out so great for you and your family, and we hope to serve you again!

Joe · Married on 07/12/2014

I highly recommend using McCarthy Tents & Events. They were amazing. They were on time. They transformed our backyard from our relaxing poolside retreat to our beautiful wedding venue. Many of our guest were blown away and expressed they never seen a tent so beautiful. The chandeliers were the icing on the cake.

Thanks
    Joe T

Sent on 07/23/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Joe, thank you so much. We wash all our tents in an industrial tent washer the moment they look anything less than new. We pride ourselves on giving our customers and their guests the experience you enjoyed. Thank you for choosing McCarthy Tents & Events; we'd be honored to serve you again!

Millie · Married on 06/28/2014

Hi

I just wanted to say that my daughter's wedding was perfect. Your men, from the first person we met last year to the last one we had contact with, were so helpful and easy to work with. Your knowledge about event planning and your professionalism came through on every contact. The tent was perfect. The lighting was beautiful and when we needed something extra at the last minute, your people came through to make everything appear seamless. We appreciate everything you did to make the event so special.

Sincerely

Millie -- Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/03/2014

McCarthy Tents & Events's reply:

Millie, thank you so much for the kind review. You may also be happy to learn we have many women employees on board now, too! :)