MC Photography Reviews

MC Photography 4
MC Photography 5
  • Kelly

Kelly Casas · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Thoughtful & Attentive - so happy!

Madeleine is truly the best ever! My now husband and I met her through a style shoot we were a part of. We had not put any thought into hiring a photographer because we were so far out from our wedding date, but I knew after working together an afternoon she was the one. She is eloquent and polite yet not afraid to give guidance on how to pose and act to get the best possible image, which was very important to us! Her style is the perfect combination of modern yet timeless.

Something that stuck out to me was how she was able to capture my grandfather attending our wedding. He passed away just 2 weeks later and it made those images that much more meaningful. I stated in our pre-wedding questionnaire how important it was to me that we got plenty of photos together and she did just that. There is obviously no way of knowing what life brings or how quickly he would leave us, but she still knew the importance of the moment and photographed it accordingly. From our dance together to candid's of him enjoying the day. The last moment I ever saw him was captured in a beautiful photo that will be one of the most important images of my life & I don't think i'll ever be able to repay her. She is a master of detail and I couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out. Needless to say, I highly recommend Madeleine :)

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Brieana

Brieana · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing wedding photographer

Madeleine was by far the best photographer, vendor, and individual we could have had the pleasure of working with on our wedding day and the months leading up to it! First and foremost, she has an incredibly unique, creative, and beautiful point of view with her pictures. She is somehow able to stage the most perfect moment and make it look entirely natural. She really has a gift for making people smile and capturing it and we felt so relaxed with her on our wedding day. We already knew this after we hired her to do our engagement photos 2.5 yrs ago but we were recently reminded of this at our wedding on 10/13/19. In the months leading up to our wedding, Madeleine arranged multiple phone calls with us to set up a timeline for the entire wedding including when to start hair and makeup all the way to our sparkler send-off. During this timeline, she laid out when getting ready photos were to take place (for both groomsmen and bridesmaids), detail shots were to happen, when to leave the hotel room for the venue, first look, family portraits, bridal party shots, etc. We seriously think she should go into the wedding planning/coordination business after all of this. She was incredibly helpful and responsive via e-mail as well for many of the random questions we had leading up to the big day. She went above and beyond on our big day numerous time: whether it was hailing an Uber to drive the bridal party to the ceremony when she realized it was raining and we could no longer walk (and while the bride was having a mini meltdown), completely redoing the groomsmen boutonnieres (not even in her job description) when our florist dropped the ball, keeping the hair and make-up staff on schedule, the list could go on and on... Her assistant Verlee was also fantastic! They made sure to capture photos of us with VIP guests at our wedding reception. Overall, they were a true pleasure to work with. Madeleine and her assistant really helped make our wedding day flow as smoothly as possible, captured the most beautiful moments (and we have only seen the sneak peak pictures thus far), and help made our day truly unforgettable. Her photography talents and her genuinely kind personality are unmatched (in our opinion). Hiring Madeleine for our wedding was BY FAR our best wedding decision (other than marrying one another). Thanks so much, Madeleine!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Kristy · Married on 10/12/2019

We loved Madeleine! She was so professional and easy to work with, and she made my husband and me feel very at ease the whole time. Plus, the photos look so gorgeous! We are obsessed - thanks Madeleine!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2019

The best photographer!

Picking Madeleine was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding. She made sure we were comfortable both during our engagement and wedding shoots, even in the cooler weather, and she was so incredibly down to earth and fun during the whole process - not to mention the pictures she took turned out AMAZING. Madeleine was also so very helpful on our wedding day - making sure we were able to stay on track with time (even driving me, the bride, to the venue site since my family was running late). She did everything to make sure our day ran smoothly and we are so very thankful for that!

Besides being an amazing person, her photography skills are seriously stunning. She captured our love so perfectly, and I can't stop staring at the pictures she sent us. We are so lucky we chose her as our photographer, and feel like we've gained a friend in the process. We 100% recommend her, she is worth it!

MC Photography 6
    MC Photography 7
    Sent on 11/10/2019

Kate · Married on 09/28/2019

The best wedding photographer!

We are so happy with our decision to hire Madeleine as our wedding photographer. Madeleine was one of the very first vendors we booked since we both agreed on the importance of photos that we would love and cherish for years to come. Unfortunately our schedules and distance didn’t allow us to have an engagement shoot with Madeleine, so we were a bit nervous for the wedding day photos and being natural in front of the camera, but we shouldn’t have been at all. Madeleine did such an amazing job at directing us without being too posed and made us feel SO comfortable. She was such a professional throughout the whole process, answering all my many questions, helping me figure out our day-of timeline, and going out of her way to meet up with my husband and I a couple of months before the wedding to get to know each other! I highly recommend booking Madeleine for your wedding. I couldn’t be happier with the sneak peeks we have received so far, I know the rest will surpass all my expectations. Madeleine, thank you so much for capturing our day so beautifully!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Arianne

Arianne Gharavi · Married on 08/31/2019

Madeleine Collins was by far the best match for our wedding!

Choosing the right photographer is one of the most important parts of a
    wedding and I never feel comfortable in front of the camera to begin with. When my husband and I began planning our wedding, I did a lot of research on
    finding the right photographer. I contacted multiple photographers, but
    Madeleine was the only one who actually picked up the phone to introduce
    herself. I found Madeleine on The Knot and had only seen a handful of her
    photographs, but after talking to her on the phone, I immediately felt
    comfortable with her. Madeleine is extremely patient, quick to respond and
    her photos are beautiful.

We felt so comfortable with Madeleine after our engagement shoot, that I
    booked her for a bridal portrait with my horse. We were in the middle of a
    heat wave the day of the bridal shoot and it was 90 degrees at 7:00 pm. I
    completely sweat through my makeup, hair and dress. Not to mention my horse decided to act out, as he was hot and miserable as well. None of it phased Madeline though, she was a complete professional the whole time and made sure we were in the perfect lighting. It was totally worth it because that
    shoot turned out to be my absolute favorite photos.

It’s very obvious that Madeleine loves what she does and it shows in her
    work. She sent us a preview of our wedding photos within 24 hours after our
    wedding. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos, because I know how
    fantastic they are going to be. I was honestly sad to say goodbye to her
    the day of our wedding. There was no better photographer for us than
    Madeleine Collins, it was just meant to be!!

MC Photography 8
    MC Photography 9
    MC Photography 10
    MC Photography 11
    MC Photography 12
    Sent on 09/03/2019

Lourdes Taylor · Married on 08/04/2019

A Dream Come True

It was such a joy hiring Madeleine. My mind was completely at ease as she's so professional in every way; very kind, sensitive to our needs and always paying attention to details. Renewing our 40th wedding vows was very special to us and Madeleine made our dream complete by capturing breathtaking images that we will treasure forever. We can't wait to have another special event and have Madeleine capture our precious moments once again.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Brooke · Married on 07/13/2019

We have only done our engagement photos so far, but I can honestly say that I have loved Madeleine since the moment we hired her. She makes us feel so comfortable talking about what we want, and things that we feel unsure about. She is always willing to help, listen, and talk through questions we have. Our engagement photos look amazing, and I can't wait for her to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2018

De Bi · Married on 06/30/2019

We Love Madeleine!

Madeleine and her team is amazing! They are absolutely professional and kind! We LOVE the pictures from our engagement to our wedding and it's the smartest choice to have Madeleine for your big day!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 06/15/2019

The most beautiful, dreamy photos!

Madeleine was not only incredible in the process of planning leading up to the wedding, but also throughout the wedding day too! From the moment we booked her, Madeleine was so organized and had specific timeline questions/details that helped us stay on track as far as planning.

On the day of, Madeleine arrived early and made me feel so at ease! Even when I got discouraged because it was raining, she was able to lift my spirits and encourage us in that the photos would still turn out amazing. And she was so right! Madeleine is extremely talented and it truly is an art that she creates. She makes her clients feel comfortable enough to let loose on camera and create truly magical moments. She even made a yucky, rainy day look dreamy and sunny. I would recommend Madeleine to any bride wanting their most precious moments captured extremely beautifully and thoroughly!

MC Photography 13
    MC Photography 23
    MC Photography 24
    Sent on 08/06/2019

Anne · Married on 06/08/2019

I can't say enough kind words about Madeleine. Madeline recently took our engagement photos and I am over the moon excited with the results! Madeleine is professional, energetic, and engaging. She also pays attention to the small details and goes above and beyond! She really took time to get to know us and our personalities. We were told we would get our engagement photos 2 weeks after the shoot and she got them to us a week early!! We are so excited to have her photograph our wedding too! THANK YOU MADELEINE!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Carla · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfection.

Hiring Madeleine to photograph our wedding was the best decision we made in the entire planning process. She was an absolute pleasure to work with for us and for our families (who tend to have very strong opinions) and we got so many compliments about how friendly and on top of everything she and her second shooter, Jocelyn, were. We had quite a few setbacks in our planning and Madeleine was one vendor we knew we could count on to be prepared, professional and kind no matter what we asked of her (like travelling all the way to Pittsburgh so we could fit an engagement shoot into our busy schedules!) We left our photo locations entirely up to her and her genius and couldn't be happier with the secret places in DC she recommended for our photos. Everything was perfect and she was the sole reason we all stuck to our timeline on our big day. Thank you so much Madeleine for guiding us and our big wedding party through the day and keeping us all on schedule while capturing the most amazing photos. Madeleine is incredibly talented and I would highly highly highly recommend her to anyone and everyone! She goes above and beyond for her couples and it really doesn't get any better or sweeter than this masterful woman right here! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 02/02/2019

I am so thankful that we found Madeleine! From our introductory call through our engagement shoot, she has truly been so helpful and has put us at ease. She had great recommendations from where to find great dresses to makeup tips. Madeleine has just the right balance of professionalism to make you feel confident in the process but also comfortable enough to ask her questions. During our engagement shoot she guided us just enough to capture amazing, candid photos without us feeling forced or awkward. Her process and personality are fantastic on their own, and her work is on the same level. We are so thrilled with our engagement photos and can't wait for her to capture our big day.

MC Photography 25
    MC Photography 26
    MC Photography 27
    MC Photography 28
    MC Photography 29
    Sent on 06/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 01/05/2019

We just received our engagement session gallery from Madeleine and wow, we are absolutely thrilled with our gorgeous photographs! Madeleine is a true artist, and managed to capture so many sweet moments and candid smiles. She was also an absolute joy to work with! She has the sweetest personality, and made us feel instantly at ease . She found several hidden gem locations in D.C. for us to shoot at, and had such an eye for featuring the beautiful architecture and little quirks of the city. We are so happy to have her as our wedding photographer in a few months, and could not recommend her more highly!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Angela · Married on 12/27/2018

Great Photographer for our DC wedding!

Madeleine was a wonderful photographer and we had a fantastic experience with her!!

She was very professional and has lot of experience that was very helpful with our DC courthouse wedding and suggested great ideas on where to take photos afterwards! She was also by far the most responsive out of all the photographers we contacted.

We both are normally a bit uncomfortable looking in photos but our photos with her came out very naturally and ended up looking great. She was also very helpful in terms of planning how the photography would go and is very organized, as well as being very willing and able to improvise when, inevitably, not everything goes the way it was drawn up.

We always felt very comfortable with her and she was very accommodating, making the back and forth between us as smooth and productive as we could imagine. We absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2018

Madeleine has been so amazing to work with - if I could give her higher than a 5 I would. She is the perfect blend of making you feel comfortable and relaxed while being professional and getting the perfect shot. I'm not sure if any of you are like me, but I'm pretty particular with photos - she blew us away. We loved all of our engagement photos, which makes us even more excited for our wedding day photos. She is worth every penny, and really makes you feel special every step of the way!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Emily · Married on 09/28/2018

As a couple looking for a small, intimate ceremony devoid of the usual bells and whistles, we were looking for the right kind of photographer that would respect our desire for intimacy whilst still capturing a day that will forever remain special to us. We couldn't have been more pleased with our decision to work with Madeleine: her professionalism and flexibility were on display both before and throughout our wedding day, and her extraordinary ability to capture the subtlety and nuance of many intimate, shared moments brought tears of joy to both of our eyes as we relived the magic through her photography. We would highly recommend Madeleine to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2018

A+ all the way!

We used Madeleine Collins Photography for our wedding. I searched Wedding Wire and other wedding sites for a wedding photographer and I happened to find her on Instagram. I reviewed her portfolio on her website and I narrowed it down to her and two other photogs. I contacted her and the other photographers and she was the most responsive and flexible. We scheduled a video conference and she was able to understand our vision and clearly explained her style and we fell in love with her bubbly personality. We live in NJ and our wedding venue was in Northern VA and we wanted to do our engagement shoot in NYC. She was able to accommodate both locations and at very reasonable price. When coming up with ideas for our engagement shoot, we agreed on two locations, a city background and Central Park. Madeleine gave me tips on hair and makeup, outfits (one casual and one formal), gave us tips on colors that photograph well, advised us on how to coordinate our outfits for the two locations and suggested a bouquet for the shoot. She came out to NYC and we met in Central Park. She is a stickler for details and she noticed some of the flowers on the bouquet were wilting and ribbon wasn’t just right, so she remade the bouquet! Our engagement pictures came out beautiful.
    Before the wedding, she had us fill out a detailed questionnaire which lays out the whole day. On our wedding day, Madeleine and two assistants came out. It ended up raining on our wedding day so it was really nice to have the extra shooters and hands to hold umbrellas and coordinate. Due to the rain, she had to re-arrange the schedule on the fly and everything went seamlessly and we did not run out of time before the wedding. Our reception is kind of a blur, but thanks to her, she captured all the moments that we don’t remember!
    Madeleine is very good on turnaround. We received sneak peek pictures a few days after the wedding. That’s a really nice way to post on social media and share with your family and friends. Once all our photos were ready, she sent us a link to her site where you log in and can view and download. She organized all the photos in separate albums, which makes it very easy to navigate through the hundreds of pics. Like our engagement photos, our wedding photos turned out beautiful!
    Planning a wedding is very stressful and finding a vendor who understands and works with you is key. Madeleine Collins was our best and favorite wedding vendor. She is kind, sweet, responsive, helpful, and talented. I highly recommend her and would use her again.

MC Photography 30
    MC Photography 31
    MC Photography 32
    MC Photography 33
    MC Photography 34
    MC Photography 35
    Sent on 01/01/2019

Josh · Married on 08/31/2018

Absolutely the best choice for wedding photography. Not only is she incredible at her art, but she is a calming presence and was always on top of what needed to be done. We loved how our engagement and wedding photos came out, and how she worked with us through the whole process. Her second was incredible as well, and we would definitely recommend Madeleine for your wedding photography needs.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Megan · Married on 08/04/2018

My fiancé and I absolutely adore Madeleine. When she met us in Georgetown a few weeks ago for our engagement shoot, we knew instantly we had made the right decision. Madeleine is so incredibly sweet and very professional. We couldn't be more thrilled with the outcome of the shoot. I can't wait for Madeleine to photograph our wedding next August! I know the photos will be beautiful!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

Madeleine was wonderful to work with. My husband and I are big fans of her photography style. She shot both our engagement photos and wedding day. Madeleine helped our creative vision come to life at our Great Gatsby themed wedding.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2018

We found Madeleine online when we were looking for an engagement photographer, and knew that our weddings would be in other states so were not even considering booking one photographer for all events! Once we met Madeleine, though, and saw her photos, we knew that we had to make it happen.

Madeleine was a joy to work with, from the engagement photos, to the rehearsal dinner, to our Catholic wedding, and then to our Indian wedding and sangeet. She brought an incredible expertise that helped us plan in advance to understand what photos we wanted and the best way to make them happen. She was also so helpful on the actual days, helping us stay on track and helping us manage our larger wedding party. We had so many guests and bridal party members complement us on her professionalism, kindness, and then once they saw her photos later, her incredible talent.

We deeply, deeply cherish the many photos Madeleine captured of our special days -- from the posed, beautiful portraits to the candids, to the hidden moments... we can't stop sharing them and it's impossible to pick a favorite!

I would work with Madeleine again in a heartbeat and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. She is an incredibly talented photographer who will go above and beyond your expectations.

MC Photography 36
    MC Photography 37
    Sent on 09/20/2018

Elise · Married on 05/27/2018

Madeleine is so talented and was such a joy to work with! She brings calm energy and expertise that makes anyone feel comfortable in front of her camera. Not only is she awesome at what she does, she is a true professional who cares about her work and her clients. We can't thank Madeleine enough for capturing such special memories that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Mary · Married on 05/19/2018

Madeleine was absolutely phenomenal for our engagement photos! From the in advance planning, question answering and logistics coordinating to the day of details, interactions and posing, she made us feel so special and relaxed. I would highly recommend her, as her eye for detail is amazing and she goes above and beyond to treat her clients well!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

Madeleine Collins was by far one of the most professional individuals who helped us out with our wedding, not to mention that the sneak peek pictures she sent us of our wedding photos are AMAZING! We can't wait to see the rest when they are ready! She was organized, professional, and really fun to work with from the very beginning of the process (engagement pics) to the end of our wedding night. She put us both at ease, and made our engagement and wedding day pictures just fun to take. She has a wonderfully artistic and photographic eye, and knows what lighting will provide the best shots. I would highly recommend Madeleine, as her personality, poise, and photographic style are the whole package!

Sent on 05/02/2018