Mayed Up Reviews

Mayed Up View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Annie Married on 05/29/2022

HIGHLY recommend!! Truly the best decision!!

Elaine is such a talented makeup artist and hair stylist, and I was SO happy she was there on my wedding day. Throughout the entire planning process, she was very responsive and helpful in answering all my questions. She was truly such a delight to work with, all the way up to the wedding day - she had me and my entire bridal party laughing in the morning (Elaine is so personable, and hilarious), and was also such a professional when it came to making sure we were all ready on time, yet could still have fun in the process. She made me feel so comfortable while getting ready (which was difficult to do)! I absolutely loved how she did my hair and makeup, and would recommend her to anyone!
    Kiersten R. Married on 05/22/2021

Absolutely amazing❤︯

Elaine & her team are absolutely amazing! Super punctual, super flexible, the sweetest, and so very talented! When Elaine did my makeup it stayed put for the entire day! I would highly recommend Mayed Up for makeup and hair!!
    Vi N Married on 03/04/2021

Definitely recommend!

All I can say is, the next time I need my hair and makeup done, I would definitely go with Elaine again. She does such a great job and makes you feel so beautiful. Had many compliments on my hair and makeup and it lasted the entire night! She's so sweet and I highly recommend her!
  • Pat
    Pat H. Married on 09/20/2020

Wonderfully Amazing

Elaine is fabulous. Her cosmetology skills are off the chart. She is very sweet, conscientious, professional and just wonderfully amazing. She was very easy to get in touch with and flexible. Our event was on the Fourth of July and she didn’t have any problem with the date. She was all set up and ready to go when we arrived. Everyone was comfortable with her and loved how they looked when she was done. We all got a lot of compliments due to Elaines work.
    Ada Married on 11/30/2019

Supreme!!!!

If you’re as neurotic as me, you spent hours looking for the perfect makeup artist. Look no further. Elaine is it, I promise. She is so talented, sweet, and a true professional! She can talk to anyone and make them feel as if she has known them forever. Besides being the most down-to-earth and relatable person, she can color match anybody, hide blemishes and acne scars without making your skin flat and cakey, and provide honest recommendations when you get indecisive. You can trust her to make you look even better than you envision possible and that is priceless. She graciously accepted my last minute request for an engagement shoot makeup session (early a.m.) and even accommodated adding extra relatives for makeup on the day of (sorry!). I appreciated her so much and cannot thank her enough for giving me makeup that lasted throughout my wedding day and will live on in my pictures.
    Christina Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing skill & customer service

Where do I start?? Elaine was nothing but top notch from the minute we began communicating via The Knot. She was always quick to respond, flexible with my crazy schedule for my trial, and was so amazing the day of. Her five star customer service matches her amazing make up skills. It was a bonus that she's an awesome person who is lovely to spend time with. I felt beautiful the day of and my bridesmaids felt the same. I would recommend her to anyone in the Philly area. You will receive 5 star service all around! Thank you Elaine for being one of the easiest parts of my wedding planning!!!
  • Kim Linh
    Kim L. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing experience!

Great experience! Very flexible and was there for me at the very last minute when needed. Would recommend Elaine to anyone. She’s the best!
  • Aysha
    Aysha Married on 10/04/2019

Simply Amazing

I cannot recommend Mayed Up, specifically, Elaine and Nga enough. I was planning an out-of-state wedding and STRUGGLING to find a hair and makeup vendor that would work with my schedule for a trial and then day-of, not to mention, I've never had to find someone to do my hair and makeup before. Not only did Elaine accommodate my schedule, she communicated everything to expect, set up a schedule for day-of that she followed to a T, and allowed me to make last minute changes, like when my mother-in-law had her makeup person fall through less than a week before the wedding or when I decided I wanted a warmer toned look rather than cooler colors. Both my mom and mother-in-law had never had their makeup or hair done before and they raved about how professional, kind and talented both Elaine and Nga were.

Hair and makeup are two of the most important parts of turning out a dream wedding look and Mayed Up far exceeded any expectations I ever had. Elaine is by far one of the easiest people to work with and rest assured, you are in great hands when you use their services.
    Julie T. Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing!!! Highly recommend!

My bridal party looked amazing thanks to Mayed Up! The make up lasted us all day and night which was 12+ hours! My vision came to real life and I’d highly recommend for any event!!
  • Phi
    Phi Married on 09/14/2019

Absolutely aMAYEzing!

Love, love, love Elaine and her Mayed Up team!! She was absolutely the best decision I made when it came to my wedding planning. She was super responsive and helpful with any questions or concerns I had. My makeup and hair trial were so fun, and were a great help in gauging what kind of look I wanted for my wedding. All of my bridesmaids loved their makeup and just looked stunning. She and her team are so hardworking, started off their morning at 3:30 am and worked nonstop to beautify 8 people altogether for my day. She brings out your best features and makes you look flawless, so effortlessly. I would love to work with Elaine again for future events!
  • Quynh
    Quynh Married on 08/24/2019

8/24/19 wedding

Elaine was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so responsive and helpful. My bridesmaids, Mom, and I were all so pleased with how our makeup turned out. I highly recommend her for your wedding!
    Lyla Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing makeup artist and beautiful work!

Elaine is such an amazing makeup artist and person! I heard of Elaine and saw her work through friends of friends on Instagram and everyone looked beautiful! With that being said, I highly suggest you take a look at her work on her instagram. I decided to do a trial for my engagement shoot. The trial was such an easy and relaxing experience, it didn’t even feel like I was getting my makeup done. I had something in mind for how I wanted to look but honestly, I was not picky and let Elaine put her touch on my look. My fiancé and I were blown away with how amazing my makeup turned out and she didn’t even use airbrush. I received a bunch of compliments on my makeup as well. She was also great on my wedding day as well and everyone in my bridal party loved their makeup. She arrived on time and was an absolute professional. She kept everyone on time/schedule and there was absolutely no drama in the makeup department. Trust me, you won’t regret choosing Elaine!!
  • Joanne
    Joanne Married on 08/10/2019

The best in Philadelphia!

Elaine and her team are the best! Elaine did my make up and Nga did my hair for my engagement pictures and wedding day. Elaine was extremely helpful and sweet during the entire process — from planning a schedule for me and my bridesmaids the day of the wedding to accommodating different looks. Elaine and Kiersten made my bridesmaids look stunning and Elaine made my mom look oh so glamorous!! Elaine and her team even finished ahead of schedule and that allowed me more time to take pictures before the ceremony.

Nga, the hair stylist, did an amazing job with my updo. I have a lot of hair and she was able to make my hair stay in place 14+ hours!

Kiersten did a really classy look on one of my bridesmaids with old Hollywood waves. I was in LOVE with that.
    Lexie D. Married on 07/26/2019

Book them!!

Elaine and the Mayed Up team were awesome! They were affordable, easy to work with, and super efficient! I had a party of 11 receiving services and we didn’t feel rushed at all. We even finished ahead of schedule (that never happens with girls!). Couldn’t recommend Elaine more, she is awesome!
    Megan Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Elaine was one of the only people who I've worked with for make-up that made me feel ABSOLUTELY beautiful. She pays attention to detail, is very personal, and truly cares about whether or not you like your makeup. Every kept complimenting me on my hair/makeup and it last all night. Additionally, she did hair/makeup for my mom and she felt just as beautiful as well. I am so glad to have gotten to know her through our time speaking before the wedding. My bridesmaids were also in love with their hair too, and I am so glad overall because everyone felt good about themselves too.
    Lavena Married on 07/20/2019

Fabulousness in my wedding day

Being a person that infrequently wears makeup, Elaine made me feel comfortable from day one. She made me look gorgeous on my special day. And was awesome while doing it. She will be forever my go to artist.
  • Annamaria
    Annamaria Married on 07/14/2019

Top notch makeup artist and hair stylist!

Elaine is top notch, sweet, professional, and easy to work with. She did a spectacular job! Highly recommend!

-A
    Eric Married on 07/14/2019

Above and Beyond

Elaine was absolutely amazing. She was fortunately able to accommodate our wedding party of 12 as early as 4AM the day of the wedding due to the large party. She really made an unmeasurable impact on my wedding day. I recommend her and her lovely team.
  • Brenda
    Brenda Married on 06/28/2019

Perfect Lash Extensions

Mayed Up is the best. I wanted eyelash extensins for my engagement photos and a wedding I was in the following week. I luckily was referred to Elaine & I could not be happier. I had lash extensions before from an expensive salon in philly which I loved! But when I got my lashes done by Elaine - I am obsessed! They look absolutely perfect. I wanted a very natural look (like I’m wearing mascara or there is just something pretty about my face but you can’t figure it out because the extensions aren’t obvious or looking like spider legs on your face). Elaine nailed it.
    Her studio is so gorgeous and clean. Her technique is perfection. My lashes have already lasted WAY better than when I got them done downtown. (It is 2 weeks and a day after it got them done as I write this and I still love them !!). I have gotten so many compliments and my friends are saying they love my lashes this time much better than when I got them downtown. Elaine will customize whatever look you want whether it is dramatic and full or subtle and natural like what I wanted! Also crazy affordable. Can’t wait to go back for all of my own wedding stuff in a few months (and indefinitely after that).
    I can’t wait to refer everyone & anyone to Mayed Up! Ya girl does makeup too.

Mayed Up's reply:

Brenda thank you so much, you're so sweet !! I'm so glad you love your lashes and that they lasted for the wedding too!! I'll see you again soon darling!! xoxo
    Tara W. Married on 06/23/2019

Bride, Maid of Honor, Mother of the Bride

Elaine is awesome! Extremely nice, professional, responsive, listens and talented!!! I would recommend her to anyone!!
    She was fun and timely!
    Jameeka O. Married on 06/13/2019

Talented, Professional and Great Personality

Elaine is awesome! She's extremely talented, great personality, accomodating and very sweet. My bestfriend hired her to do the makeup for her wedding in 2015 and everyone looked gorgeous. I was very impressed with how well she matches various African American skin tones and provides a beautiful but natural look. So when I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my girlfriend's wedding in June of this year, I immediately thought of Elaine. As expected, she did an amazing job and I received so many compliments that I had her do my make-up again a week later for another event. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a little glam for any occasion.
    Lymay Married on 06/02/2019

So many compliments!!!

I’m so glad Elaine did my wedding make up & hair. She is very talented, & so sweet. She will go above & beyond to make sure you look the best on your big day & is very easy to work with. I will definitely use her again when I need my make up professionally done.
  • Yoselin
    Yoselin F. Married on 05/18/2019

High recommend!!

Elaine was super sweet, professional and did a great job on my wedding day! I felt so comfortable with her from the first time we met and felt like she understood what I wanted for my big day! Thank you Elaine!
  • Julie
    Julie S. Married on 04/28/2019

Great experience working with Elaine!

Elaine did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I could not be happier with the results. I knew after I met her at my trial that she would do an amazing job. She really listens to what you want and makes sure that you are happy with the results.

In addition to being talented at her craft, she was also very sweet and easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend her for your hair and makeup needs!
    Megan Married on 04/06/2019

Best makeup experience ever!

Elaine did such a fantastic job with me and my mom’s makeup on my wedding day! She really listened to what we both had envisioned and I never felt more beautiful. Elaine is very sweet and responsive as well. We will definitely be going back to Elaine for any future makeup needs😃