Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 3
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 4
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 5

Michele · Married on 05/21/2011

Maxine was a joy to work with: responsive, creative, extremely helpful-- I was looking for a cake in the form of a snowboard mountain. And that was before we saw and tasted her sublime creation: moist, delicious, a beautifully structured mountain complete with freshly fallen snow and carefully placed 'evergreen trees'. In addition, the bride required a gluten, dairy, egg free (smaller) cake, which was also a huge hit--it was difficult to tell the difference between the cake with all the 'goodies' and the bride's cake. Kudos to Maxine, who came to me highly recommended, with good reason and I fully agree. You'll be very pleased.

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • W

Christine · Married on 09/25/2010

Maxine made my wedding very special with her artistic creation for my "beach style" wedding. She met with me and went over my ideas and she created a stunning cake. She listened to what I suggested and made several great suggestions of her own. No one at the wedding could believe the hibiscus flowers were hand made and edible. We did not want to cut the cake, it was really breath taking! Maxine went above and beyond on our cake. Thank you Maxine, for your gorgeous cake!!

Sent on 10/09/2010

kevin · Married on 09/25/2010

Maxine's cakes are awesome! My wife being an art teacher had a crazy idea on how she wanted her wedding cake to look - she wanted dog bones on it. Maxine listened to what my wife wanted and made us the wedding cake of her/our dreams! Not only did it look exactly the way we wanted it, it was the best wedding cake I have ever had! Thank you Maxine!

Sent on 10/14/2010

Mark · Married on 09/18/2010

Maxine was great for my daughters wedding. I made a payment mistake and it was worked out painlessly. The cake was beautiful, right on time, and helped top off a perfect day. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/18/2010

Maxine's cakes and desserts are delicious and she is a pleasure to work with. I wanted a very specific design I saw in a photograph for my cake and she was able to recreate it perfectly. We also wanted a cupcake called the Sweet n' Salty that we love but didn't want to transport from our bakery at home to the wedding venue. Maxine was able to create her own version that was absolutely amazing and a HUGE hit with our guests. People are still talking about them. Maxine is so talented and wonderfully flexible to make sure all your sweet tooth needs are met. You should definitely have her make your cake...and I highly recommend you consider the salty caramel cupcakes.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Beatriz · Married on 07/24/2010

Maxine's cake was absolutely delicious and a true crowd pleaser!!! We had the red velvet cake and it was the best I've had! I sent Maxine a picture of a cake idea that I liked and she replicated it almost exactly. The cake looked beautiful. She delivered it on time and all went seamless. I highly recommend Maxine! Thank you again, Maxine!!! :)

Sent on 07/30/2010

Dev · Married on 06/26/2010

Maxine was fantastic! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and was very helpful, creative, and was willing to offer input while always making sure to help us elaborate our vision. Her cakes were hands down the best cakes we have had (from anywhere, not just weddings). Everyone at the wedding was blown away by the quality of the cake and icing, as well as the presentation of course which was stunning, but the cake...oh the cake! Many people went out of their way to tell us that it was literally the best cake they have ever had, anywhere. Even now, months after the wedding, that is still what people bring up, how good the cake was. We HIGHLY recommend Maxine, great energy, fun and creative, and amazing cake!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Stacey · Married on 10/18/2009

We ordered our wedding cake about 3 days before the wedding and needed it to be dairy free (this does not mean without eggs), pretty and taste great. Maxine said no problem. I called other places before I was given her number and they were all giving me a hard time about the dairy-free ingredients. They all wanted to charge me double of what a cake should cost. Not only did Maxine make our wedding cake last minute, it was absolutely gorgeous, it was delicious AND she personally delivered it to the restaurant!! Her price was totally affordable. No one could believe it was dairy-free! We were so grateful and the cake is a great memory today. We have a picture of it in our wedding album! I never liked wedding cake before my own wedding and I can't say enough great things about Maxine.

Sent on 08/04/2010
  • · Married on

Incredible cakes

Maxine’s cake was super delicious and had all of our guests raving. Plus it was beautiful and fit our event’s style perfectly. Maxine was super easy to work with - can’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Evan · Married on 06/25/2016

My wife and I are vegan and we wanted a vegan cake and several dessert options. Maxine was very helpful and responsive with all our requests and we ended up with a truly delicious, dairy and egg-free cake and desserts. I would highly recommend as an option to anyone with dietary restrictions or otherwise.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Maxine is great at what she does - no question!

My husband and I weren't originally planning to have a cake (until it was gifted to us) so we weren't sure of exactly what we wanted in the beginning. I looked around and reached out to a few vendors in the area but wasn't over the moon about the quality, taste, or look of their work (I eventually decided I was going for something natural and rustic - without fondant of any kind and with a focus on flavor). When we found Maxine, we were impressed and so relieved! She created exactly the kind of cake we were looking for! She was extremely thorough in her work - our initial conversation was designed to gauge flavors my husband and I liked and discuss the overall look and theme of the wedding. She was very accommodating and easy to work with - I sent her my Pinterest board and she was able to create something with exact feel of what I was looking for.

We ended up going with a honey and rosemary naked cake, with buttercream frosting. It looked beautiful and tasted amazing. She dressed it with the same flowers from the wedding and delivered it promptly on the day of the wedding.

I would not hesitate to recommend her to a friend or work with her again in the future.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Eileen · Married on 09/12/2009

Great service! Great cakes. I needed a vegan cake, which is not easy to find and Maxiine did a great job loved it! Thanks again!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Kerry · Married on 08/22/2009

Maxine's cakes were amazing ! You can definitely taste that she uses only the best ingredients. She also worked with us to customize our own flavors and vision for how the cake would look. She ended up creating a very yummy mango filling because it is my favorite fruit and she had never used mangos before. Also my husband is lactose-intollerant and loves to fish so she made the grooms cake without dairy and to look like a trout. It was a big hit at our reception !

Sent on 08/04/2010

Melanie · Married on 05/04/2013

Maxine provided us with a beautiful cake for our wedding day. We were very pleased with the results. We would definitely use Maxine again for another event. She took the time to sit down and meet with us privately and was easy to get ahold of.

Sent on 05/22/2013